The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Man, I hope most of you are already aware of them...

Anything related to matters of the mind

Almantas

Nothing to Lose
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
475%
Dec 21, 2015
Ireland
Some hard life truths:

1. Pharmaceutical industry doesn't create cures.They create customers.There is no money in the cure.
2. Schools don't teach kids anything useful. It's a system based on memorization.
3. The education system is a fraud and a big business.
4. Mainstream media feeds people what is in the best interest of the government, not its people.
5. A job will RARELY get you financial freedom! It's a trap. The richest people in the world don't teach their kids to work for someone else.
6. 40 hours per week is not enough time to become financially successful. That's considered part time to most financial success stories.
7. Most people will live a mediocre life and criticize you if you try to improve.
8. Misery loves company. You want to lose a few friends? Become successful or lend them some money.
9. If your name isn't on top of the building your working for you are BUILDING SOMEONE ELSE'S DREAM.

Anyone who believes any of this crock of shit probably still leaves cookies for Santa clause in December too.

There are two pains we must endure in life: The pain of discipline or the pain of regret. Most will pay the pain of regret.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

eliquid

( Jason Brown )
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
518%
May 29, 2013
I agree with them all except #4, and it might be because of the way its worded.

However, the media is funded by and controlled mostly by those that want to influence us about how government should be and not the "government" itself.

AfterWind

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
209%
Jul 23, 2017
Romania
A few months ago I didn't agree with 7, even if you had told me that, I still wouldn't believe it. Why? My ignorance. Knowing these is just the event, documenting, reading and realizing why these are true is the process. You can't skip the process.

If any of you still believe any of these, then document yourself, read articles, read books, crawl the web and, most importantly, be curious.

Chinobey

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
95%
Jul 19, 2017
England
Some hard life truths:

1. Pharmaceutical industry doesn't create cures.They create customers.There is no money in the cure.
2. Schools don't teach kids anything useful. It's a system based on memorization.
4. Mainstream media feeds people what is in the best interest of the government, not its people.
5. A job will RARELY get you financial freedom! It's a trap. The richest people in the world don't teach their kids to work for someone else.
6. 40 hours per week is not enough time to become financially successful. That's considered part time to most financial success stories.
7. Most people will live a mediocre life and criticize you if you try to improve.
8. Misery loves company. You want to lose a few friends? Become successful or lend them some money.
9. If your name isn't on top of the building your working for you are BUILDING SOMEONE ELSE'S DREAM.

Anyone who believes any of this crock of shit probably still leaves cookies for Santa clause in December too.

There are two pains we must endure in life: The pain of discipline or the pain of regret. Most will pay the pain of regret.
This is 100% true all of them and i have known it for years and when you try to tell the "mediocre" people they usually just laugh great post might enlighten some people on the truth

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Schools don't teach kids anything useful. It's a system based on memorization.

Memorization and indoctrination.

a17laucjz77z.jpg

There is no money in the cure.

Similarly in the financial industry, it's BUY AND HOLD. Ever notice they rarely discuss selling? Because it's BUY AND DIE.

Mainstream media feeds people what is in the best interest of the government, not its people.

Somewhat indirectly -- the MSM is closely held among a few large corporations who are knee-deep in government. The MSM core function nowadays is distraction and obedience.

40 hours per week is not enough time to become financially successful.

True. TIME needs to be our ally. When one trades time for money, TIME is an enemy. We're here to flip the scales, polarizing time from enemy to ally whereas we earn income 24/7/365.

Misery loves company. You want to lose a few friends? Become successful or lend them some money.

Yup, have a friend who is a pain in the a$$? Lend them money and they'll disappear.

1Ivanov1

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
140%
Jul 25, 2017
Italy
Some hard life truths:

True true true

Waspy

Float like a butterfly
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
461%
Dec 6, 2016
U.K.

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
Same goes for manufacturing, physical products and stuff with expiry dates or limited lifespan. These days phones and computers can only last for only so long for their usage before you have to buy a new one. Even for vehicles. Where I come from, people usually buy new cars every five years or so.

It's not there's no money in the cure. It's just that the world, in all its imperfection, is willing to pay for imperfect products. That's perfection shouldn't be such a concern to make money lol.
I wouldn't say its a fraud. It's a battle of actual value vs perceived value. If they don't meet each other, people call the bs.

Scam or not, the value deception will always be a major core of the debacle.

But yes, it's a damn big business. And the industry is not limited to merely universities,but also your typical guru seminar, get rich books, internet courses and coding bootcamps, to name a few. Maybe masterminds can be included too...maybe an INSIDERS membership also lol....

How about NEVER?

I'm going to argue that it is how you do things, rather than amount of time spent. But yes, I would spend more time finding out how to do things.
On the flip side if anyone doesn't wants to work more than 40 hours, waiting 40 years for a small miserable fortune when you are near death is not good enough to be called a life.

Memorization and indoctrination.

a17laucjz77z-jpg.15692
I don't usually discriminate academicians or smart students.
But I'm wondering about the difference between performance and proficiency in education. Just because someone gets As doesn't means he's the expert on it. Tests are just as good as experiments with restrictive data collection.

I just wonder how long it would take for the average person to escape this SCRIPT after university. I'm estimating 10 to 20 years before they can use experience from schools of hard knocks to make their own way.

Yup, have a friend who is a pain in the a$$? Lend them money and they'll disappear.
No, they won't.
I used to have a spendthrift friend at school who kept going around to the same people to ask for money.
And it's not that he pays them back lol. I myself had to write him off....
Giving them money tells them that you are a potential cashcow.

Scot

Salad Dressing Empire
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
473%
Jul 10, 2016
Florida

GMSI7D

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
Jan 27, 2016
Lyon, France
Some hard life truths:

this is only 1 % of the iceberg. but this is already on the edge of "conspiracy theories" for most people.

people can't accept more truth with their current level of awareness. and this is very frustrating

there is an ethical dilemna for people like me who are at superior levels of understanding:

should i teach people and be punished for being the good guy and telling the truth ?

should i use my knowledge and manipulate the stupid masses while being seen as a savior like politicians ?

this is a real moral battle inside me because people are so stupid.

RogueInnovation

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Jul 28, 2013
I think politics itself is a distraction...
"We need more people in schools!"
"If all healthcare problems are fixed the world will be awesome!"
"If the economy improves bosses won't ever fire you or pass over you!"

Imo, these are CLIFF NOTES of life, and people fight over the cliff notes like it puts them in the history books
Things like decent healthcare are really important for all our families and friends etc
But I don't buy this whole "IT IS EVERYTHING, IT IS ALWAYS EVERYTHING!!!" blast going on

Just advertising, and politicians buy a lot of advertisement.
That then gets them their job.
Where they can sit on a beach all by themselves while booting everyone else off.

The only part of that I truly hate is the blood spilled... For what? Bomb manufacturing jobs?
"Feed our tanks and drones... cuz freedom?! You like freedom right? Yeah take surveilance too while you are at it, good job!"
Bah
Terrible

They sneak it in there somehow, they always do, cuz someone wants to get rich on death.
Cuz hey someones gonna do it anyway right? Might as well be them? And if its them, might as well get really rich, right?
Hidious stuff.

Anyways, Santa is real, he is just a fat guy in a suit in a mall somewhere getting paid minimum wage.
Keeping the dream alive for all the kids out there who are good and do what they are told.

If all those things are cliff notes though what is the heart of life?
Time?
So why let it waste your time...

Last edited:

journeyman

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
176%
Apr 18, 2017
United States
Great points, especially love #7

I have to disagree with #1 though and for just one reason. I am really not defending pharmaceuticals, as I don't doubt that if there was any way they would maximize their profits, they would go for it (as any business in the world).

The problem with this argument is that it assumes that pharmaceutical research has the power to somehow distinguish in advance whether the treatment under research can offer a cure or not.

However this is not reality. Every reseach endeavor for a new treatment starts as an idea, to go after the most promising vulnerability of a disease. Great ideas can fail miserably, or be wildly successful.

You can find the most obvious cause of let's say AIDS, make a drug for it and then find out after 10 years of clinical trials that the drug does nothing.

Conversely, you can start with a less promising drug and find that it cured all the patients in the first stages of the trial. At this point, if you are an evil pharmaceutical and you want to withhold the treatment because it's too effective, it's just too late. Everyone knows that you made a drug that works wonders. You can't just bury it.

Happy to elaborate more on that as it is a topic of great interest to me.

ThirtyOne

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
149%
Jul 18, 2017
Los Angeles
I think most politicians are activist investors. Jerry Brown has paired up with Warren Buffet to push for renewable sources of energy (see solar). These guys aren't really required to reveal financials...even in D.C., where it's required, it's token and very opaque and vague.

Government handbook for new politicians:
1) Invest in a given thing.
2) Use your governing power to ban the competition of the given thing, under a guise of public interest.
3) Use your official position and influence to spin your ban/regulation as "for the people" and all who oppose as selfish/immoral, so as to win favor and keep governmental power and influence.
4) Rinse and repeat.

Go from rags to riches, because you are playing Monopoly and you also get to make up the rules as you go.

LuckyPup

Opportunity + Preparation = Success
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
Aug 2, 2012
Midwest USA
Some hard life truths:

Amen, brother, AMEN!

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
Some hard life truths:

The problem with this argument is that it assumes that pharmaceutical research has the power to somehow distinguish in advance whether the treatment under research can offer a cure or not.

However this is not reality. Every reseach endeavor for a new treatment starts as an idea, to go after the most promising vulnerability of a disease. Great ideas can fail miserably, or be wildly successful.

You can find the most obvious cause of let's say AIDS, make a drug for it and then find out after 10 years of clinical trials that the drug does nothing.
I would say that the reason pharmaceuticals are deemed more of the 'villains', so to speak, is because most of their cures only remove or deal with SYMPTOMS.

A true cure would eliminate the disease to its roots. Extinguish it from the human body. For this junction, the organic and diet industry exists will alternative cures. The sugar-elimination substitutes have been quite the rage these days, as sugar has been traced back to lots of dieseases.

Most health or medical products work. But the big question is HOW? Not everything is as it seems, even if the labeling on the medicines say so. It's kinda sad to see that some products are sold based on white lies....

But it's not to say that conventional medicines are total rubbish. Personally, I used some steroid cream procured from the local doctor for a big eczema outbreak, and at the same time revamped on health drinks and special Chinese herb drinks. And on herb drinks....I didn't know that you could make tonic soups out of seahorse! Such a tonic soup supposedly cleanses your bloodstream, they say....
Bollocks or not, I don't know.....

But at least my eczema recovered :)

kkoasdfawfqwe2

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
256%
Feb 17, 2017
Europe

I agree with your points, but not so much with the #1 here.

I am sure that a lot of pharmaceutical companies, especially the huge ones who are selling sympton treatment products, are doing their best to prevent cures from going on the market. That being said, if nobody would try to invent a cure, then that is an opportunity for business for any entrepreneur with medical knowledge - just like any other idea. So my theory is that someone would try to make that cure no matter what, but the big companies probably will not use their money for that if they are already profiting.

My point being that the entrepreneur with medical knowledge would try to invent a cure, since it could still create a lot of money. Of course the market for the product would vanish when everyone is cured and people cannot get affected by it anymore due to vaccine or something alike, but that particular entrepreneur would probably make millions if not billions already by curing it.

That is my theory anyways.

LuckyPup

FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
Aug 2, 2012
Midwest USA
Great points, especially love #7

I have to disagree with #1 though and for just one reason. I am really not defending pharmaceuticals, as I don't doubt that if there was any way they would maximize their profits, they would go for it (as any business in the world).

Conversely, you can start with a less promising drug and find that it cured all the patients in the first stages of the trial. At this point, if you are an evil pharmaceutical and you want to withhold the treatment because it's too effective, it's just too late. Everyone knows that you made a drug that works wonders. You can't just bury it.

Happy to elaborate more on that as it is a topic of great interest to me.
I'll weigh in here, having worked in pharma for 11 years and for a very well knows academic medical center for seven. You're right about pharma being profit driven, and there are MANY problems with the industry, as with the medical field at large. However, "curing" disease is much more complex than most laypeople can imagine, and the expectation of a cure belies the ignorance (no offense - honestly) of those who haven't worked in the trenches of disease research. Our biggest killers are lifestyle diseases, and the cure for them lies mostly in prevention. This cure goes way beyond the medical industry, to our entire food system and a culture in which people don't hold themselves accountable. These diseases aside, many more complex diseases are multifocal, and finding just one pathway or mechanism of that disease takes years of research... and MONEY. Scientific method requires reductionism and greater and greater specialization. As they saying goes, becoming a specialist requires knowing more and more about less and less. Research funding is granted based on very specific, compelling theories and data, not broad ideas. Unfortunately, this creates silos in research and in clinical medicine, discouraging those with a broader disease approach and inhibiting the communication needed to garner a more "holistic" view of disease and its many moving parts. So, there are very few people in medical research who have more "global" disease view. The upside is that big data, genetics, genomics, proteomics and the like are enhancing and facilitating communication and cooperation, as well as the speed of research, the goal being faster, more accurate diagnosis and treatment. Along the way there will be disruptions which will reshape our current practices. This is the way it's always been.

PetePreneur

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
106%
Jan 28, 2017
UK
The school system in the western world is a joke. The 3 most important subjects in adult life are business, economics and politics- Yet we barely learn any of them.

LuckyPup

FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
Aug 2, 2012
Midwest USA
Some hard life truths:

LuckyPup

FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
Aug 2, 2012
Midwest USA

fhs8

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
114%
Jan 22, 2016
should i teach people and be punished for being the good guy and telling the truth ?
should i use my knowledge and manipulate the stupid masses while being seen as a savior like politicians ?

this is a real moral battle inside me because people are so stupid.

From all my experience in life I've also come to believe the generalization that lots of people are stupid. Nearly all politicians also tend to be liars and master manipulators.

Here's just one example of this:

The healthcare for my mom has gone up about 10% every year. It's now so high that she's having trouble making payments. Notice how the mainstream media very rarely mentions the promises made? Once a politician is elected everyone forgets about the lies they said on the campaign trail. Most are too stupid to know what's going on.

TheodoreA

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
210%
Oct 16, 2017
Guildford, UK
I tried raising some of these points to someone in conversation a few days ago, they wouldn't accept any of them. Some people are so ignorant to the things that seem so blindingly obvious to others.

Almantas

Nothing to Lose
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
475%
Dec 21, 2015
Ireland

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
Most people are too scared to acknowledge them...
Fear is the biggest issue. The conditioning of society rules. And how dare you break out of pecking order. Usually people allow guilt, shame, and the feeling they're betraying someone else stepping out of the mold, and taking their personal power back. They're more polarized by someone like us, because they don't want to believe that they're lied too in society. They also have emotional attachments, and rarely do they want to let go of other people who hold them back, then break free of the norms.

GMSI7D

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
Jan 27, 2016
Lyon, France
Most people are too scared to admit they've been living in a lie...

they can't do anything else anyway

because we can only live according to our current understanding of life

this life on earth has just one meaning : this is a spiritual school

there are bad guys at the top ( the masters) and people like you and me below

the goal of the game : escaping this matrix to reach higher levels of understanding and spirituality

yes most people don't understand what i am saying, i am just a fool or whatever

but as i said, we can only behave according to our understanding of life

whether it be mine or yours

that's why i don't care what people think because we can't do otherwise anyway

people here think that money is the solution to all their problem. kind of santa claus thinking

not in a million years. ( ask MJ DeMarco. he is got problems like anyone else.)

the solution to their problem is understanding the game they are part of

and mastering it

krishnamurti.jpg

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!