The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

My first Mail Chimp campaign just brought a 5k sale within 6 hours

Marketing, social media, advertising

Private Witt

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
220%
Feb 20, 2018
Oklahoma
I always wondered why I collected so many cards over the last 3 years of going to festivals, conventions and other events. I'm pretty good with following up but so many are non-responsive I sometimes pre-shake my head when someone hands me a card or when I give them mine knowing I just wasted a nickel. But sometimes in a sea of small fish a decent-sized whale comes along making it all worth it.

Since I now have a product that has high value in my local industry I decided to go through every card and email I've ever sent. I had around 350 contacts and toned it down to 62 as so many no-fly list players, dead companies, non-compatible businesses, and meh entities I choose to pass on. I set a goal of networking stronger so I can now build a 1000+ B2B Mail Chimp list by the end of 2020.

This morning I sent my first campaign announcing the advertising prices for my publication. I went to take a nap and woke up with someone reserving a full page for a year. This was music to my ears as I didn't plan on bringing on paid advertisers for a few months and now in addition to a few other small ball advertisers, I'm at around 1k in sales a month and will pound hard to get to my 5k a month goal as early as possible.

The thing I love about Mail Chimp is being able to see actions such as opening the mail and clicking links from specific mail addresses.

Anyone out there slaying Mail Chimp? Looking forward to developing my usage and skill with it as I'm a fast believer it can deliver massive ROI.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Ismail941

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
108%
May 7, 2019
Congrats man! Is that Revenue or Net Profit?

Private Witt

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
220%
Feb 20, 2018
Oklahoma
Congrats man! Is that Revenue or Net Profit?

Revenue, Im sorry to say I can't even calculate net profit at this point as things moved to fast and completely restructuring my business plan and this project is intertwined with others. Ill have a much better grip on everything in about 5 weeks once I publish starting monthly in January. In the end, I sell paper real estate so my cost go up with more advertisers but is not a problem as advertisements are actually content and add great value to the publication. Also Im getting secondary overflow sales with sponsorship and booths at events as the paper has raised my exposure and status.

Icecreamchild

Contributor
X MODERATED X
Nov 13, 2019
I always wondered why I collected so many cards over the last 3 years of going to festivals, conventions and other events. I'm pretty good with following up but so many are non-responsive I sometimes pre-shake my head when someone hands me a card or when I give them mine knowing I just wasted a nickel. But sometimes in a sea of small fish a decent-sized whale comes along making it all worth it.

Since I now have a product that has high value in my local industry I decided to go through every card and email I've ever sent. I had around 350 contacts and toned it down to 62 as so many no-fly list players, dead companies, non-compatible businesses, and meh entities I choose to pass on. I set a goal of networking stronger so I can now build a 1000+ B2B Mail Chimp list by the end of 2020.

This morning I sent my first campaign announcing the advertising prices for my publication. I went to take a nap and woke up with someone reserving a full page for a year. This was music to my ears as I didn't plan on bringing on paid advertisers for a few months and now in addition to a few other small ball advertisers, I'm at around 1k in sales a month and will pound hard to get to my 5k a month goal as early as possible.

The thing I love about Mail Chimp is being able to see actions such as opening the mail and clicking links from specific mail addresses.

Anyone out there slaying Mail Chimp? Looking forward to developing my usage and skill with it as I'm a fast believer it can deliver massive ROI.

Have you taken any courses on email marketing ?

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Good work. Just to clarify, is it 1k or 5k that came through?

I’ve a MailCheat(Chimp) list of about 300 that I must get round to emailing...

SkyLake

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
134%
Nov 29, 2016
Just a note but MailCheat(Chimp) should be used only when your list has subscribed to your newsletter. Google/Microsoft etc know this and when you email someone who isn’t subscribed to your newsletter you’ll go to spam very very very easily. After a few emails it’ll go 100% to spam.

What you are looking for is a mail merge.

Private Witt

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
220%
Feb 20, 2018
Oklahoma
Have you taken any courses on email marketing ?

No, I just found a template that allowed me the cleanest look and played around for a week while loading my mails. Is why I'm a little giddy on the sale as thought it was going to be a waste of time. I'm for sure going to dig deeper into Mail Chimp and check out strats out there.

Private Witt

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
220%
Feb 20, 2018
Oklahoma
Good work. Just to clarify, is it 1k or 5k that came through?

I’ve a MailCheat(Chimp) list of about 300 that I must get round to emailing...

Its a one year deal for a full-page advertisement at $420, so actually $5,040 on the year :). Im not prepared to take a year upfront as don't want to get in trouble so will go month-to-month until I have the traction and confidence to go with 3, 6, and one year payments (probably offer small discount to entice).

My competitors charge between $600 - $2,500 for a full page, but Im a pebble in the top dogs shoe at this point and just need to grind, stay away from landmines and the day will come when I can jack up the rates.

Private Witt

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
220%
Feb 20, 2018
Oklahoma
Just a note but MailCheat(Chimp) should be used only when your list has subscribed to your newsletter. Google/Microsoft etc know this and when you email someone who isn’t subscribed to your newsletter you’ll go to spam very very very easily. After a few emails it’ll go 100% to spam.

What you are looking for is a mail merge.

So manually adding and pushing the button, "this person gave me permission to mail" does not count as being subscribed? Im going to assume many have went to spam even with that, but have no idea what Im doing here.

How do I make this mail merge happen?

Im an idiot I cant even make my responses to quotes here merge on same post (figured out for next time :))

My stats at 24 hours:

62 sent
7 kickbacks (3 hard, 4 soft)
59 contacts remaining
15 opens (28%)
2 clicks
1 sale (the 5k client is a former sponsor and incredibly reliable and ready to sign)
1 other inquiry in conversation
2 lost contacts started to engage my social media

Last edited:

SEBASTlAN

Marketing Wizard
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
149%
Dec 22, 2014
Los Angeles
That's awesome. Maybe you can reach out to MC and see if they'll feature you on their publications to keep the momentum going..

MoreVolume

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
153%
Oct 6, 2016
NC
MailCheat(Chimp) is a MUST if you hold sales or need to reach a mailing list
It just sucks that you have to pay a subscription if you're over 2,000 subscribers
I undestand the business but it doesnt really make sense (for me) to pay monthly if i dont have monthly sales

BellaPippin

B is for Beast
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
275%
Jul 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
Yahoo imagine when you tell them there’s gonna be a page made out of rolling paper! :hilarious:

Congrats!

Ravens_Shadow

THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
643%
Oct 2, 2012
Austin, TX
It just sucks that you have to pay a subscription if you're over 2,000 subscribers
I undestand the business but it doesnt really make sense (for me) to pay monthly if i dont have monthly sales
I pay $249 a month for active campaign with a 10k contact limit, and a full sales/deals pipeline from their CRM tools. Just one sale of my product pays for it, and it's beyond worth it. Sounds like you need more volume of sales;)

Private Witt

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
220%
Feb 20, 2018
Oklahoma
That's awesome. Maybe you can reach out to MC and see if they'll feature you on their publications to keep the momentum going..

That is a good idea and I have a few other platforms Im having great success I want to do that with too. I think Im going to wait until I can get over to 200 subscribers and a few more successful campaigns under belt for a better sample size.

I think if I could get to 2000 subscribers that I vetted at first the value would be incalcuable and have no problems paying. But for now Im low balling at 59 contacts and the theme Im using will work for what I need so no need to pay a dime, thank you Mail Chimp!

The one limitation that will affect me with the free version is you can only build one audience and I think I want a B2B and a separate B2C list. I have a stockpile of B2C emails from event booth signups that may cross over to industry but for some reason want to keep my B2B clean knowing exactly who each entry is.

Yahoo imagine when you tell them there’s gonna be a page made out of rolling paper! :hilarious:
Congrats!

Thanks, Haha that is a dream that I think can happen at least for festival gimmick papers and one day hope can announce on the FLF it happened!

Another dream is to have a joint named after my brand, its totally possible just have to make the proper deal with grower, but Id love to really market it with a launch event, market the product and get it to move in stores.

I pay $249 a month for active campaign with a 10k contact limit, and a full sales/deals pipeline from their CRM tools. Just one sale of my product pays for it, and it's beyond worth it. Sounds like you need more volume of sales;)

Sounds amazing and congrats for getting to that level, I for sure need more volume. Im hoping to step up my sales from a current 5 to 25 by 12/14. It will be a challenge as bad time of year and no events until one Im holding in 18 days, but anything is possible as moving into the news cycle in the local industry.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.