The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

My experience thus far at Tony Robbins Unleash the Power Within Seminar

ChrisGav

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
417%
Feb 15, 2019
Fastlaners! What's up!

Little background first, I'm 20 years old. Dropped out of college and I'm huge into growth an entrepreneurship. I currently personally train teenagers and flip stuff online. I transformed my own physical life during my teenage years and decided to take my knowledge and skills to pass it on to other young adults. This is not my long term thing, I'm doing it temporarily since it is something I know how to do and brings me income.

Now, on with the juicy stuff... I'm currently in Dallas, Texas. I'm here because Tony Robbins is currently doing his Unleash the Power Within seminar here. I decided to hop on here and share all of the golden nuggets I've learned thus far. This is only the end of the 2nd day of the seminar so there will be more to come but has been an incredible experience so far.

YOU DON'T GET WHAT YOU WANT IN LIFE, YOU GET WHAT YOU SETTLE FOR.

1. State is everything. To achieve what you want you must get yourself in the right frame of mind. Throughout this seminar we do this in several ways. Puts on some crazy techno music, and we all jump around screaming our a$$ off for about 30 seconds. Sounds crazy. I know. At first, I thought the F*ck am I doing. But the energy, focus, and mindset it gets you in is incredible. I've hardly slept since I've been here. The seminar has been over 12 hours long each day and have only been able to sleep about 4-5 hours before having to wake up and go again. I hardly feel phased by the lack of sleep, it's incredible. Very useful for start-uppers that are running on low sleep. Get your a$$ up and move whenever you feel like shit! MOTION CREATES EMOTION.

2. Limiting beliefs restrict us from everything we want. Easy, we all know that. But how do you change these is the real question? Well first I'll explain what exactly limits us..

A limiting belief often stems from a lack of certainty. AKA, not certain we can do something, accomplish what we want, uncertain what people will say or think about you etc.

So, the real question, how do we snap out of this state and turn it into certainty to create action?
Uncertainty usually stems from the state you are currently in. Stressed out, lack of sleep, frustrated, etc. Snap out by doing what #1 says above.

After you are out of this state then what? Close your eyes and envision what you want in your life. Get crystal F*cking clear. We all want similar things on this forum so I envision, driving a Ferrari, financial freedom and retirement by the age of 30, a yacht, all the toys.

Next, envision what you want in your life in the next year. Is it starting that company you want? Is it making those sales and driving your revenue through the roof? What do you want in the next year.
Finally, vividly envision you achieving this. Envision you going and landing that first deal, envision you picking up the phone and dialing those cold calls and selling the shit out of them etc. TIE MASSIVE AMOUNT OF EMOTION to this vision of you conquering. Envision this every single day for 10 minutes. Run it over and over in your head. Then, envision what will you feel like if you don't do it? How will it feel if you don't get any of the things you're chasing and you sit and do nothing like you are currently doing... ATTACH SO MUCH PAIN AND NEGATIVE FEELINGS TO DOING NOTHING.

Feeling down on yourself think you cant do it? Immediately snap in this state of envisioning what you want this year and picture you doing it. Tie emotion to it and how it'll make you feel to F*cking conquer! Emotion is what drives you! link enough emotion and you will do it.

3. How results happen. The process of results is simple. What you think about ->> determines what you feel ->> what you feel determines what you do ->> what you do determines results you get.
Think about success, think about what you want, not what you don't want. A HUGE MISTAKE we can often times make is focusing on shit we don't want.

If I asked you what do you want out of life? Most would respond with "I don't want to work a job" "I don't want to be unhappy" "I don't want to be stagnant and feel like I'm taking no action"

These statements DON'T tell us what you want, it doesn't tell your subconscious what you want. These thoughts are what drive negativity, frustration, anger, and NO ACTION. Focusing on what you don't want makes what you actually want FEEL further away and impossible to reach, thus limiting beliefs begin to set in and nothing occurs.

4. Proximity is power, we all know it. Who you are around determines who you will become. So how do we surround ourselves with more like-minded individuals? Simple.
Go to meetups, business networking events, anything.

Look for people that have achieved what you want. On this forum that means, successful entrepreneurs that make shit happen. FIND PEOPLE THAT LIVE LIFE TO A HIGHER STANDARD THAN YOU DO OR EQUAL TO YOU, NEVER HANG AROUND PEOPLE WHO SETTLE FOR LESS THAN YOU DO.

Provide them VALUE WITHOUT EXPECTING ANYTHING IN RETURN. What can you provide for them? Is it services, is it knowledge or information, is it other connections you have that can link them to more business or provide them with something?

After you provide them value before asking for anything, they will feel they can trust you and will create a bond. From there, surround yourself with them and learn.

This has been a very long post as is. There is plenty more in my notes I have to share and will share everything I've learned if you guys would like. Just wanted to drop this in here to see if it added some value to you guys on any level. If you guys enjoy, I will add a ton more stuff that I've gathered so far and will continue to add to it based on what I learn during the next 2 days. Best of Luck!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Siddhartha

Pleasure Operator
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
135%
Mar 30, 2019
Glad you're writing notes, I was looking to attend this but forgot about it until it was too late.
Keep it up man.

ChrisGav

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
417%
Feb 15, 2019
Glad you're writing notes, I was looking to attend this but forgot about it until it was too late.
Keep it up man.
I got pages and pages of notes, this doesn't even scratch the surface. I'd love to share if you guys are interested. Just didn't want to write walls worth of text on here that people wouldn't be interested in reading.

SD Entrepreneur

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
226%
Jul 12, 2019
San Diego, CA
Fastlaners! What's up!

Little background first, I'm 20 years old. Dropped out of college and I'm huge into growth an entrepreneurship. I currently personally train teenagers and flip stuff online. I transformed my own physical life during my teenage years and decided to take my knowledge and skills to pass it on to other young adults. This is not my long term thing, I'm doing it temporarily since it is something I know how to do and brings me income.

Now, on with the juicy stuff... I'm currently in Dallas, Texas. I'm here because Tony Robbins is currently doing his Unleash the Power Within seminar here. I decided to hop on here and share all of the golden nuggets I've learned thus far. This is only the end of the 2nd day of the seminar so there will be more to come but has been an incredible experience so far.

1. State is everything. To achieve what you want you must get yourself in the right frame of mind. Throughout this seminar we do this in several ways. Puts on some crazy techno music, and we all jump around screaming our a$$ off for about 30 seconds. Sounds crazy. I know. At first, I thought the F*ck am I doing. But the energy, focus, and mindset it gets you in is incredible. I've hardly slept since I've been here. The seminar has been over 12 hours long each day and have only been able to sleep about 4-5 hours before having to wake up and go again. I hardly feel phased by the lack of sleep, it's incredible. Very useful for start-uppers that are running on low sleep. Get your a$$ up and move whenever you feel like shit! MOTION CREATES EMOTION.

2. Limiting beliefs restrict us from everything we want. Easy, we all know that. But how do you change these is the real question? Well first I'll explain what exactly limits us..
A limiting belief often stems from a lack of certainty. AKA, not certain we can do something, accomplish what we want, uncertain what people will say or think about you etc.
So, the real question, how do we snap out of this state and turn it into certainty to create action?
Uncertainty usually stems from the state you are currently in. Stressed out, lack of sleep, frustrated, etc. Snap out by doing what #1 says above.

After you are out of this state then what? Close your eyes and envision what you want in your life. Get crystal F*cking clear. We all want similar things on this forum so I envision, driving a Ferrari, financial freedom and retirement by the age of 30, a yacht, all the toys.
Next, envision what you want in your life in the next year. Is it starting that company you want? Is it making those sales and driving your revenue through the roof? What do you want in the next year.
Finally, vividly envision you achieving this. Envision you going and landing that first deal, envision you picking up the phone and dialing those cold calls and selling the shit out of them etc. TIE MASSIVE AMOUNT OF EMOTION to this vision of you conquering. Envision this every single day for 10 minutes. Run it over and over in your head. Then, envision what will you feel like if you don't do it? How will it feel if you don't get any of the things you're chasing and you sit and do nothing like you are currently doing... ATTACH SO MUCH PAIN AND NEGATIVE FEELINGS TO DOING NOTHING.

Feeling down on yourself think you cant do it? Immediately snap in this state of envisioning what you want this year and picture you doing it. Tie emotion to it and how it'll make you feel to F*cking conquer! Emotion is what drives you! link enough emotion and you will do it.

3. How results happen. The process of results is simple. What you think about ->> determines what you feel ->> what you feel determines what you do ->> what you do determines results you get.
Think about success, think about what you want, not what you don't want. A HUGE MISTAKE we can often times make is focusing on shit we don't want.
If I asked you what do you want out of life? Most would respond with "I don't want to work a job" "I don't want to be unhappy" "I don't want to be stagnant and feel like I'm taking no action"
These statements DON'T tell us what you want, it doesn't tell your subconscious what you want. These thoughts are what drive negativity, frustration, anger, and NO ACTION. Focusing on what you don't want makes what you actually want FEEL further away and impossible to reach, thus limiting beliefs begin to set in and nothing occurs.

4. Proximity is power, we all know it. Who you are around determines who you will become. So how do we surround ourselves with more like-minded individuals? Simple.
Look for people that have achieved what you want. On this forum that means, successful entrepreneurs that make shit happen. FIND PEOPLE THAT LIVE LIFE TO A HIGHER STANDARD THAN YOU DO OR EQUAL TO YOU, NEVER HANG AROUND PEOPLE WHO SETTLE FOR LESS THAN YOU DO.
Provide them VALUE WITHOUT EXPECTING ANYTHING IN RETURN. What can you provide for them? Is it services, is it knowledge or information, is it other connections you have that can link them to more business or provide them with something?
After you provide them value before asking for anything, they will feel they can trust you and will create a bond. From there, surround yourself with them and learn.

This has been a very long post as is. There is plenty more in my notes I have to share and will share everything I've learned if you guys would like. Just wanted to drop this in here to see if it added some value to you guys on any level. If you guys enjoy, I will add a ton more stuff that I've gathered so far and will continue to add to it based on what I learn during the next 2 days. Best of Luck!
Great job investing in yourself and learning, keep talking action!

MHP368

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Aug 17, 2016
Sahuarita AZ
Yeh ive heard tony stuff before. Hows the actual event though? Whats the feeling like in those rooms? That energy? Take us on a journey meistro

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
376%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
Not sure if you know this or not, @Kung Fu Steve works with the big man.

A bunch of us all went to TR in LA a few years ago and it was a good time. Keep up those notes! The feeling fades fast, take advantage of it while it is there.

FierceRacoon

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
137%
Jun 1, 2019
Interesting writeup.

My thoughts:
Overall: you are obviously excited. Wait for 2-3 weeks though and see, what has actually changed.

Details:
1. State is for amateurs. Whatever you do, you have to learn to be excellent in any kind of state. Though it's good to be aware of your state: e.g. recognizing panic attacks helps you to stop them. Tricks for changing your state are also fine.

2. The idea of limiting beliefs is a good tool for communication, for pointing out when somebody has a particular belief or assumption. For practical purposes it is largely irrelevant; you don't have to go over your unconscious and identify every limiting belief out there, though it can be fun at first! Whether you believe you can start a company or not, the steps are the same: start a company. You can feel totally unmotivated, not believe in anything, and still do the steps and get good results — and those results will ultimately change your beliefs.

3. "What you think about ->> determines what you feel ->> what you feel determines what you do ->> what you do determines results you get."
I would take issue with that one. Once again, you can commit to a course of action and then override your subsequent thoughts and feelings. It is true that technically your earlier thoughts and feelings determined your decision to commit in the first place; however, I don't see how this observation is useful other than from a purely scientific perspective.

4. That part has some good points, but it does not give a good recommendation. Say, you want to learn from Bill Gates, and you offer him to do a free design or some free marketing. First, it is not a value for him. Second, he is not stupid; he will figure out that you are offering free stuff to get dozens of hours of advice instead of paying the market rate, which would be in the millions. Third, even if you offered something of genuine value — say, by helping one of his relatives — just how much trust does it create? Does a one-off act of help entitle you to an unlimited amount of coaching from Bill Gates? Are you really that special and hardworking, to make mentoring you uniquely rewarding, as compared to thousands or millions of others who might be interested?

My suggestion would be, find someone at a higher standard to whom you can provide ongoing value, for example, whom you can afford to pay on a regular basis. If you can afford $1000/month, find a mentor for whom $1000/month is still of value for 5-10 hours of advice, provided that you are also motivated and fun to work with in other ways.

Overall it would be interesting to see, what stays with it after the excitement fades, and how exactly it changes your life. Something much more subtle and technical. Perhaps examples of your limiting beliefs that you have uncovered, that could be interesting.

ChrisGav

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
417%
Feb 15, 2019
Interesting writeup.

My thoughts:
Overall: you are obviously excited. Wait for 2-3 weeks though and see, what has actually changed.

Details:
1. State is for amateurs. Whatever you do, you have to learn to be excellent in any kind of state. Though it's good to be aware of your state: e.g. recognizing panic attacks helps you to stop them. Tricks for changing your state are also fine.

2. The idea of limiting beliefs is a good tool for communication, for pointing out when somebody has a particular belief or assumption. For practical purposes it is largely irrelevant; you don't have to go over your unconscious and identify every limiting belief out there, though it can be fun at first! Whether you believe you can start a company or not, the steps are the same: start a company. You can feel totally unmotivated, not believe in anything, and still do the steps and get good results — and those results will ultimately change your beliefs.

3. "What you think about ->> determines what you feel ->> what you feel determines what you do ->> what you do determines results you get."
I would take issue with that one. Once again, you can commit to a course of action and then override your subsequent thoughts and feelings. It is true that technically your earlier thoughts and feelings determined your decision to commit in the first place; however, I don't see how this observation is useful other than from a purely scientific perspective.

4. That part has some good points, but it does not give a good recommendation. Say, you want to learn from Bill Gates, and you offer him to do a free design or some free marketing. First, it is not a value for him. Second, he is not stupid; he will figure out that you are offering free stuff to get dozens of hours of advice instead of paying the market rate, which would be in the millions. Third, even if you offered something of genuine value — say, by helping one of his relatives — just how much trust does it create? Does a one-off act of help entitle you to an unlimited amount of coaching from Bill Gates? Are you really that special and hardworking, to make mentoring you uniquely rewarding, as compared to thousands or millions of others who might be interested?

My suggestion would be, find someone at a higher standard to whom you can provide ongoing value, for example, whom you can afford to pay on a regular basis. If you can afford $1000/month, find a mentor for whom $1000/month is still of value for 5-10 hours of advice, provided that you are also motivated and fun to work with in other ways.

Overall it would be interesting to see, what stays with it after the excitement fades, and how exactly it changes your life. Something much more subtle and technical. Perhaps examples of your limiting beliefs that you have uncovered, that could be interesting.
1. The idea is to put yourself in a peak state every day with these tools. When you’re exhausted and go to the gym how good of a work out do you get? Not very good. Change your state to be running at peak performance at all times

3. Yes you’re right you can override it but I’d look at it like this. If you don’t think you can talk to girls, you may go talk to them still but you won’t be able to communicate well due to these beliefs and thoughts that become a self fulfilling prophecy in your feelings and actions. Same in business. If you spend your time thinking you can’t do this and make your goals, your actions will most likely become a self fulfilling prophecy following these thoughts.

It’s merely food for thought. Just thought I’d share

ChrisGav

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
417%
Feb 15, 2019
T
Not sure if you know this or not, @Kung Fu Steve works with the big man.

A bunch of us all went to TR in LA a few years ago and it was a good time. Keep up those notes! The feeling fades fast, take advantage of it while it is there.
thats super cool!

ChrisGav

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
417%
Feb 15, 2019
Yeh ive heard tony stuff before. Hows the actual event though? Whats the feeling like in those rooms? That energy? Take us on a journey meistro
Incredible energy. Mix of heavy emotional moments, to moments where everyone is fired up. He does a great job of moving people emotionally and keeping you engaged 12-14 hours a day. To the point where you are disappointed when you have to leave for the day.

flower_girl

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
189%
Jul 9, 2019
Thanks for this Chris. Please keep it coming - I am definitely interested in your reflections on this event.

D

Deleted69685

What stood out for me in the initial post was this:

"FIND PEOPLE THAT LIVE LIFE TO A HIGHER STANDARD THAN YOU DO OR EQUAL TO YOU, NEVER HANG AROUND PEOPLE WHO SETTLE FOR LESS THAN YOU DO."

Whilst this is valid and true, I found that you must first prove yourself to yourself in order to be accepted into 'the higher standard' club. Powerful and successful people will not hang around anyone who is of a lower standard than them, so even if you find them, it is hard to keep them around you, that is, unless you are already on their level i.e. unless you've already made it so to speak.

Happy to hear others views on this.

Now I must go and work.

See you later.

ChrisGav

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
417%
Feb 15, 2019
What stood out for me in the initial post was this:

"FIND PEOPLE THAT LIVE LIFE TO A HIGHER STANDARD THAN YOU DO OR EQUAL TO YOU, NEVER HANG AROUND PEOPLE WHO SETTLE FOR LESS THAN YOU DO."

Whilst this is valid and true, I found that you must first prove yourself to yourself in order to be accepted into 'the higher standard' club. Powerful and successful people will not hang around anyone who is of a lower standard than them, so even if you find them, it is hard to keep them around you, that is, unless you are already on their level i.e. unless you've already made it so to speak.

Happy to hear others views on this.

Now I must go and work.

See you later.
It doesn’t necessarily have to be a bunch of rich folk you hang around. Do you have other people that are striving for the same thing you are? People that don’t settle every single day? People that won’t accept enslavement to a job but desires freedom or desires what you do?
That’s the point, not just wealthier people, but people who want the same things.

D

Deleted69685

It doesn’t necessarily have to be a bunch of rich folk you hang around. Do you have other people that are striving for the same thing you are? People that don’t settle every single day? People that won’t accept enslavement to a job but desires freedom or desires what you do?
That’s the point, not just wealthier people, but people who want the same things.

I did not say it has to be 'rich folk' you surround yourself with. I said successful and powerful people. This of course depends on how you define this term. I personally find that these people are very rare and usually very focused and far too busy making money to hang around anyone other than those who are likely to provide them with some tangible value. That's my 10 cents, but I get your point.

ChrisGav

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
417%
Feb 15, 2019
I did not say it has to be 'rich folk' you surround yourself with. I said successful and powerful people. This of course depends on how you define this term. I personally find that these people are very rare and usually very focused and far too busy making money to hang around anyone other than those who are likely to provide them with some tangible value. That's my 10 cents, but I get your point.
Fair point! but that's also just a limiting belief as described in #2! "they wont want to be around me, I'm not good enough!" But I understand exactly what you mean. It's something I continue to struggle with finding, but I know it can be done so I will keep searching and I hope you will continue to as well. I appreciate you adding input and thoughts to the conversation :)

ChrisGav

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
417%
Feb 15, 2019
I appreciate you guys for the love given to my post as well as messages you have sent me asking for more of my notes. Since it is desired by some of you, I will release all of my notes tomorrow after the end of event. Until then, I will release more now before I head off to bed and wake up to do it again.

**But-- I apologize for the massive walls of text that will be posted on here by releasing these notes, will do my best to space it out for easier reading**

PEOPLE DON'T JUDGE YOU, THEY JUDGE THEMSELVES. PEOPLE DON'T SEE YOU WHEN THEY JUDGE, THEY SEE WHO THEY TRULY ARE.

YOU CAN EITHER CREATE OR DESTROY. MOST PEOPLE DESTROY OTHERS BECAUSE ITS TOO DIFFICULT TO CREATE THEMSELVES. IT'S EASIER TO TEAR SOMEONE DOWN AND LOOK SIGNIFICANT THAN IT IS TO BUILD YOURSELF UP.

1. Average doesn't cut it anymore we all know that.
With so much competition and the internet, you can't just settle and be highly successful. There's people with poor skills, good skills, and excellent skills.
In today's age, people who are just "good" get poor results, people who are excellent only get good results, now how do we get excellent results? You have to go higher than excellent, you have to be outstanding. Theres a huge leap between poor and good. There's a huge leap between good and excellent. But the difference between excellent and outstanding? the difference is only 2 millimeters. The difference between excellent and outstanding is that 2 more reps when you think you can't work out anymore. The difference between excellent and outstanding is staying up 1 more hour beating on your craft and sacrificing that hour of sleep. Become outstanding and excellent results will occur naturally.

2. What are the 2 traits that will sabotage anything you want in life? FEAR and ANGER.
When you go into these states you're no longer in the right state of mind. Often times, it's FEAR that stops us. Every single person's fears can be boiled down to 2 Core fears. these 2 fears are : "I'M NOT ENOUGH" or... "I WON'T BE LOVED". Fear is merely a reaction, scream to yourself when you fear fearful "THIS IS BULLSHIT IT'S NOT REAL". fear isn't your thoughts. When you were born, did you say to yourself "I'm not enough, my mom won't love me. I'm just going to crawl back inside of her because I'll never be enough"? NO. FEAR IS OTHER PEOPLE'S WORDS TELLING YOU THAT YOU CAN'T DO SOMETHING AND IT BECOMES YOUR VOICE IN YOUR HEAD SPITTING THOSE WORDS BACK OUT.

3. Successful people anticipate. Idiots, react.
Anticipate problems, observe from every angle. Get out of a reactive state. If you wake up 1 hour before you have to go to work and are rushing to get dressed, ready, shower, before work you are in a reactive state. Rushing around the house trying to get out the door. To counteract a reactive state have a morning routine. Get up 3 hours before work. First thing Tony does when he wakes up in the morning is jumps in a cold pool. GET COLD FIRST THING in the morning. Cold shower, cold pool, whatever it takes. Secondly, work-out, meditate, read, or something that makes you control your state and focus on something. THEN, get ready for work and to tackle the day. By having a strategic start to your day, you get out of these reactive states and into a RESPONSIVE state.

4. CONDITION YOUR MIND
We are always in a constant battle with our minds. Balancing fear, work-life, family, all the stressors and bullshit. You must work every single day to better your mind above all else. You take your mind everywhere, in family life, in work life, even if you end up switching businesses or industries your mind goes with you. Train your mind every single day. Meditate, condition it to no longer believe these limiting beliefs, condition it to stay in peak performance as described in #1 of my original post. If you only train your mind every once in a while, it will not stick. MAKE YOUR MIND YOUR TOOL, OR YOU WILL BE YOUR MIND'S SLAVE.

5. REPETITION IS THE MOTHER OF SKILL
Do you work out once a week and become an expert? Do you shoot a basketball one time in your life and become Lebron James? if you want to master something. If you want to become truly great in any area of your life, whether its relationships, finances, your business, talking to people, public speaking, whatever it is you must be constantly doing it. repetition is what will beat it into your mind and into your subconscious. USE IT OR LOSE IT.
Tony Robbins became a powerful speaker very quickly for one reason and one reason only. When he first started he was around other speakers who said they would speak once a week to make sure to keep the skill. But Tony had a different idea. He began to speak 3 times per day! His mindset behind it? If i speak 3 times a day, in 5 days, I got the same repetition they got in 15 weeks! 5 days time he got what the others got in almost 4 months. Beat on your craft every second you get, and you will surpass everyone else if you out work everyone else.

Thank you all for the love. I will upload every single note I have tomorrow night after the event is over.

Kung Fu Steve

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
Jul 8, 2008
Road Warrior
Excited for your breakthroughs!

Life will never be the same.

I'll be sneaking around tomorrow if you're out by the product or mastery booths and you see a joker who looks under-dressed and probably stealing green drinks and waters from behind the product booth... that's me... come say hi :smile2:

ChrisGav

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
417%
Feb 15, 2019

I'll be sneaking around tomorrow if you're out by the product or mastery booths and you see a joker who looks under-dressed and probably stealing green drinks and waters from behind the product booth... that's me... come say hi :smile2:
Wow.... YOU I BOUGHT TONY's MONEY MASTERS FROM YOU TODAY.... I was the red-head kid that said take my money now before I change my mind and I was told to blame you if I ever had a problem.... Small world dude. nice to meet you again stephen hilgart.

ChrisGav

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
417%
Feb 15, 2019

And yes, you were mixing up your green stuff as I was buying that from you.

D

Deleted69685

Fair point! but that's also just a limiting belief as described in #2! "they wont want to be around me, I'm not good enough!" But I understand exactly what you mean. It's something I continue to struggle with finding, but I know it can be done so I will keep searching and I hope you will continue to as well. I appreciate you adding input and thoughts to the conversation :)

Yes you are right, it is a struggle to find these kind of people but this is not (at least not in my case) because of how I perceive myself. Facts are facts. How do you distinguish between a fact and limiting belief? Do you have a mechanism?

Example: this time last year I was doing squats with 50kg bars in the gym, today I am physically unable to do that due to pregnancy - the fact is I am not able to lift 50kg bar no matter how much I believed I can do it. That is not a limiting belief it's a fact.

Be careful with modern age personal development gurus. I personally prefer ancient methods and strategies, I find modern gurus just regurgitate and distort what was already established thousands years ago. I should not be commenting on your thread as I am not a fan of Tony Robbins, so I apologise for hijacking your thread. Still, it's good to start somewhere and it's good that you are working on yourself.

I will humbly exit now. Thanks for reading and wishing you all the best in your on-going development.

mindfulimmortal

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
236%
Mar 3, 2011
Las Vegas
I appreciate you guys for the love given to my post as well as messages you have sent me asking for more of my notes. Since it is desired by some of you, I will release all of my notes tomorrow after the end of event. Until then, I will release more now before I head off to bed and wake up to do it again.

**But-- I apologize for the massive walls of text that will be posted on here by releasing these notes, will do my best to space it out for easier reading**

PEOPLE DON'T JUDGE YOU, THEY JUDGE THEMSELVES. PEOPLE DON'T SEE YOU WHEN THEY JUDGE, THEY SEE WHO THEY TRULY ARE.

YOU CAN EITHER CREATE OR DESTROY. MOST PEOPLE DESTROY OTHERS BECAUSE ITS TOO DIFFICULT TO CREATE THEMSELVES. IT'S EASIER TO TEAR SOMEONE DOWN AND LOOK SIGNIFICANT THAN IT IS TO BUILD YOURSELF UP.

1. Average doesn't cut it anymore we all know that.
With so much competition and the internet, you can't just settle and be highly successful. There's people with poor skills, good skills, and excellent skills.
In today's age, people who are just "good" get poor results, people who are excellent only get good results, now how do we get excellent results? You have to go higher than excellent, you have to be outstanding. Theres a huge leap between poor and good. There's a huge leap between good and excellent. But the difference between excellent and outstanding? the difference is only 2 millimeters. The difference between excellent and outstanding is that 2 more reps when you think you can't work out anymore. The difference between excellent and outstanding is staying up 1 more hour beating on your craft and sacrificing that hour of sleep. Become outstanding and excellent results will occur naturally.

2. What are the 2 traits that will sabotage anything you want in life? FEAR and ANGER.
When you go into these states you're no longer in the right state of mind. Often times, it's FEAR that stops us. Every single person's fears can be boiled down to 2 Core fears. these 2 fears are : "I'M NOT ENOUGH" or... "I WON'T BE LOVED". Fear is merely a reaction, scream to yourself when you fear fearful "THIS IS BULLSHIT IT'S NOT REAL". fear isn't your thoughts. When you were born, did you say to yourself "I'm not enough, my mom won't love me. I'm just going to crawl back inside of her because I'll never be enough"? NO. FEAR IS OTHER PEOPLE'S WORDS TELLING YOU THAT YOU CAN'T DO SOMETHING AND IT BECOMES YOUR VOICE IN YOUR HEAD SPITTING THOSE WORDS BACK OUT.

3. Successful people anticipate. Idiots, react.
Anticipate problems, observe from every angle. Get out of a reactive state. If you wake up 1 hour before you have to go to work and are rushing to get dressed, ready, shower, before work you are in a reactive state. Rushing around the house trying to get out the door. To counteract a reactive state have a morning routine. Get up 3 hours before work. First thing Tony does when he wakes up in the morning is jumps in a cold pool. GET COLD FIRST THING in the morning. Cold shower, cold pool, whatever it takes. Secondly, work-out, meditate, read, or something that makes you control your state and focus on something. THEN, get ready for work and to tackle the day. By having a strategic start to your day, you get out of these reactive states and into a RESPONSIVE state.

4. CONDITION YOUR MIND
We are always in a constant battle with our minds. Balancing fear, work-life, family, all the stressors and bullshit. You must work every single day to better your mind above all else. You take your mind everywhere, in family life, in work life, even if you end up switching businesses or industries your mind goes with you. Train your mind every single day. Meditate, condition it to no longer believe these limiting beliefs, condition it to stay in peak performance as described in #1 of my original post. If you only train your mind every once in a while, it will not stick. MAKE YOUR MIND YOUR TOOL, OR YOU WILL BE YOUR MIND'S SLAVE.

5. REPETITION IS THE MOTHER OF SKILL
Do you work out once a week and become an expert? Do you shoot a basketball one time in your life and become Lebron James? if you want to master something. If you want to become truly great in any area of your life, whether its relationships, finances, your business, talking to people, public speaking, whatever it is you must be constantly doing it. repetition is what will beat it into your mind and into your subconscious. USE IT OR LOSE IT.
Tony Robbins became a powerful speaker very quickly for one reason and one reason only. When he first started he was around other speakers who said they would speak once a week to make sure to keep the skill. But Tony had a different idea. He began to speak 3 times per day! His mindset behind it? If i speak 3 times a day, in 5 days, I got the same repetition they got in 15 weeks! 5 days time he got what the others got in almost 4 months. Beat on your craft every second you get, and you will surpass everyone else if you out work everyone else.

Thank you all for the love. I will upload every single note I have tomorrow night after the event is over.
Thank-you for sharing! No need to apologies for the long posts. The old saying "if you consume time, add value" holds true here as you are giving (wisdom) more than your taking (time). Have a great day!

ChrisGav

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
417%
Feb 15, 2019
Yes you are right, it is a struggle to find these kind of people but this is not (at least not in my case) because of how I perceive myself. Facts are facts. How do you distinguish between a fact and limiting belief? Do you have a mechanism?

Example: this time last year I was doing squats with 50kg bars in the gym, today I am physically unable to do that due to pregnancy - the fact is I am not able to lift 50kg bar no matter how much I believed I can do it. That is not a limiting belief it's a fact.

Be careful with modern age personal development gurus. I personally prefer ancient methods and strategies, I find modern gurus just regurgitate and distort what was already established thousands years ago. I should not be commenting on your thread as I am not a fan of Tony Robbins, so I apologise for hijacking your thread. Still, it's good to start somewhere and it's good that you are working on yourself.

I will humbly exit now. Thanks for reading and wishing you all the best in your on-going development.
What kind of things do you read? I love philosophy and am always up for learning more! If you wouldn’t mind what kind of ancient sources you read I’d love to check them out

Kung Fu Steve

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
Jul 8, 2008
Road Warrior
@ChrisGav

"How many of you know someone who is a little worried you're here?"

*everyone raises their hand*

"Out of those people worried that you're here, keep your hand up if those people have never been to my events or met me"

*everyone's hand still up... all 8,000 of them*

Keep up the good work Chris.

Champion

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Apr 12, 2019
Hamburg, Germany
@BB13 I completely understand what you mean when you say its difficult to hang out with people that you see as "above you" or "higher level".

What works for me is following strategy:

In the area I want to improve in, I rank everyone of my contacts on the phone from 1 to 5 (1 being the worst and 5 being amazing). For this example, lets take making money or entrepreneurship.

I would grade myself 3 stars.

Now, grade everyone in your contact list with this star rating and keep it strictly in the area of entrepreneurship/making money. Who is a bit better than you? (4 stars). Who is way better than you? (5 stars). Who do you want to avoid and not take advice from, especially when it comes to entrepreneurship? (1 and 2 stars).

Usually, its best to try and spend as much time as possible with the 3 and 4 star people (they're a bit better than you or on the same level, but always pushing to improve and get better).

Like you said, hanging out with 5 star people would be ideal ofcourse, but they wont always want you around, since they also have their own goals and ambitions which theyre working towards.

Another important point:

People which you rated as 1 or 2 stars in entrepreneurship are not the right people to take advice from when it comes to entrepreneurship. However, this definitely does NOT MEAN that you need to cut them out of your life completely. What useful things are they 4 or 5 stars at? Maybe Health & Fitness, maybe socialising?

Im really not a fan of cutting people completely out of my life, afterall, you only have so much time to live and especially when you have spent a lot of time with certain people, there is nothing which can replace those kinds of friendships.

Ofcourse, how everyone wants to deal with it is up to each and everyone of us and also some methods will work better for different people, but thats my advice:

1. Define the area or skill you want to improve in
2. Rate your list of contacts (everyone you know) in this skill with a 1 to 5 star rating
3. Spend as much time as possible with 3, 4 and 5 star rated people and try to talk as much as possible about the skill you're trying to improve in when you're with them.
4. Beware, 5 star people will sometimes try to avoid you if you try hanging out with them too much and dont have enough value to offer them yet. Dont be sad about that, being around 3 and 4 star people is good enough for now! Remember, Cumulative interest with 1% improvement daily will take you a long way and besides, its all about the process anyways, so dont try to rush it!

Best,
Champion

ChrisGav

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
417%
Feb 15, 2019
Hey guys. I had a great journey with our beloved, never met before friend Tony Robbins. I will share the most key takeaways I got from all of it.

1. Complexity is the enemy of execution.
Keep shit simple. We make things complex to feel like we are doing something but you end up not doing shit because of it.

2. 2 main factors determine every decision you make.
Pain vs. pleasure. your brain is naturally wired to keep you away from pain and ideally get a little bit of pleasure. Pain will trump your decision making over pleasure any day. The reason why some of us struggle to do anything we want in life, rather it's working out, asking a girl out, or simply starting a business is because we have linked too much pain to these events to think that it will be worth it. Even though consciously we want these, our brain says "nope, these can hurt us either emotionally or physically" and tries it's best to talk you out of it to keep you safe.

3. Our biggest problem is that we think we shouldn't have any.
Problems make you grow. Problems link enough pain to an event, circumstance, or lifestyle to force you to change it.

4.There's 3 decisions that will shape your life.
(I will use the example of a break-up to get the point across on this)
1. What you focus on- your relationship ended and it's all you think about
2. What it means to you- How do you interpret it? Is it the end? Or is it a new beginning?
3. what are you going to do- If you believe it is the end, then odds are you will curl up in a ball and cry for the next month and a half. If you believe it is the beginning, you will take on new challenges, do things you couldn't before when you were tied down, become more of who you are etc.

5. A belief is a poor substitute for an experience.
Believe your business idea will fail? That's some bullshit you haven't tried nor experienced it. You've just linked enough pain to getting rejected and failing. Link enough pain to being sedentary, stagnant, and not doing anything and you will never stop for the rest of your life.

6. 3 forces of creating
1. Focus: power of absolute clarity and becoming obsessed. Know what you want and eat, drink, sleep it.
2. Massive-Action: Action is the cure-all, keep moving. Non-zero rule, everyday make a step towards your focus even if it's the tiniest step. But don't let a day pass where you didn't take at least one step.
3. Grace: Corny/silly I get it. The more you appreciate what you have, the more that will flow. Focus on what you have, not what's missing. If you constantly focus on what's missing you will end up in a frustrated, pissed off state all the time and be much less motivated.

7. Life happens for you, not to you.
don't blame some bullshit circumstance about where you are. You aren't where you want to be because of you. Challenges, problems, hurtles, all give you drive to change without them we would be stagnant.

8. The story you tell yourself becomes your reality.
I can't do it because I don't have the money. No one will buy my product or service. People will make fun of me. Guess what? Keep telling yourself and you won't ever do anything. The more you feed your mind this information, the more it links pain to these decisions therefore causing you to never want to act.

9. The past does not = the future unless you live there.
What happened yesterday did not determine what happened today. What happened to you 5 years ago did not determine that action you could've taken today but didn't. Unless you keep your mind focused on the past, the past does not determine what you are capable of today.

10. You are the sum of your decisions
A decision by default is when you decide something and all other paths are no longer an option and action is taken. For example, to decide to quit smoking means the path to smoking, or smoking every once and a while, is fully cut off and that not smoking at all is the only road left. You are where you are right now because of decisions you've made. Your body is the way it is based on whether or not you decided to work out, or what you decided to eat, etc.

11. You don't have to feel good to deliver.
Our entitled asses have gotten in our minds that we have to be in the perfect setting to take action. We have to be in an air conditioned room, we have to not be tired at all, we have to feel incredible, we have to be in the perfect state of mind or else "we wont feel like it". Well, you don't have to "feel like it" to do it. Hold yourself to a new standard that pushes beyond what you feel like doing. Successful people are successful because they did some things that they hated. The top 1% is the top 1% because they did what 99% weren't willing to do.

Incredibly powerful event. I hope this helps in some way.

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA
@ChrisGav doesn't mean a damn thing if you don't do something with it.

Change the F*cking world, man!!

mindfulimmortal

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
236%
Mar 3, 2011
Las Vegas
Hey guys. I had a great journey with our beloved, never met before friend Tony Robbins. I will share the most key takeaways I got from all of it.

1. Complexity is the enemy of execution.
Keep shit simple. We make things complex to feel like we are doing something but you end up not doing shit because of it.

2. 2 main factors determine every decision you make.
Pain vs. pleasure. your brain is naturally wired to keep you away from pain and ideally get a little bit of pleasure. Pain will trump your decision making over pleasure any day. The reason why some of us struggle to do anything we want in life, rather it's working out, asking a girl out, or simply starting a business is because we have linked too much pain to these events to think that it will be worth it. Even though consciously we want these, our brain says "nope, these can hurt us either emotionally or physically" and tries it's best to talk you out of it to keep you safe.

3. Our biggest problem is that we think we shouldn't have any.
Problems make you grow. Problems link enough pain to an event, circumstance, or lifestyle to force you to change it.

4.There's 3 decisions that will shape your life.
(I will use the example of a break-up to get the point across on this)
1. What you focus on- your relationship ended and it's all you think about
2. What it means to you- How do you interpret it? Is it the end? Or is it a new beginning?
3. what are you going to do- If you believe it is the end, then odds are you will curl up in a ball and cry for the next month and a half. If you believe it is the beginning, you will take on new challenges, do things you couldn't before when you were tied down, become more of who you are etc.

5. A belief is a poor substitute for an experience.
Believe your business idea will fail? That's some bullshit you haven't tried nor experienced it. You've just linked enough pain to getting rejected and failing. Link enough pain to being sedentary, stagnant, and not doing anything and you will never stop for the rest of your life.

6. 3 forces of creating
1. Focus: power of absolute clarity and becoming obsessed. Know what you want and eat, drink, sleep it.
2. Massive-Action: Action is the cure-all, keep moving. Non-zero rule, everyday make a step towards your focus even if it's the tiniest step. But don't let a day pass where you didn't take at least one step.
3. Grace: Corny/silly I get it. The more you appreciate what you have, the more that will flow. Focus on what you have, not what's missing. If you constantly focus on what's missing you will end up in a frustrated, pissed off state all the time and be much less motivated.

7. Life happens for you, not to you.
don't blame some bullshit circumstance about where you are. You aren't where you want to be because of you. Challenges, problems, hurtles, all give you drive to change without them we would be stagnant.

8. The story you tell yourself becomes your reality.
I can't do it because I don't have the money. No one will buy my product or service. People will make fun of me. Guess what? Keep telling yourself and you won't ever do anything. The more you feed your mind this information, the more it links pain to these decisions therefore causing you to never want to act.

9. The past does not = the future unless you live there.
What happened yesterday did not determine what happened today. What happened to you 5 years ago did not determine that action you could've taken today but didn't. Unless you keep your mind focused on the past, the past does not determine what you are capable of today.

10. You are the sum of your decisions
A decision by default is when you decide something and all other paths are no longer an option and action is taken. For example, to decide to quit smoking means the path to smoking, or smoking every once and a while, is fully cut off and that not smoking at all is the only road left. You are where you are right now because of decisions you've made. Your body is the way it is based on whether or not you decided to work out, or what you decided to eat, etc.

11. You don't have to feel good to deliver.
Our entitled asses have gotten in our minds that we have to be in the perfect setting to take action. We have to be in an air conditioned room, we have to not be tired at all, we have to feel incredible, we have to be in the perfect state of mind or else "we wont feel like it". Well, you don't have to "feel like it" to do it. Hold yourself to a new standard that pushes beyond what you feel like doing. Successful people are successful because they did some things that they hated. The top 1% is the top 1% because they did what 99% weren't willing to do.

Incredibly powerful event. I hope this helps in some way.
Great stuff! If you are ever in Vegas I would like to meetup with you! Thank-you ChrisGav!

Bertram

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
147%
Oct 25, 2015
Virginia
@ChrisGav

"How many of you know someone who is a little worried you're here?"

*everyone raises their hand*

"Out of those people worried that you're here, keep your hand up if those people have never been to my events or met me"

*everyone's hand still up... all 8,000 of them*

Keep up the good work Chris.
This is TR's transformative genius in snap picture. The big man is a shaman.

User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Jun 3, 2017
The Bahamas
Fastlaners! What's up!

Yes would like to hear more

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.