The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

My confusion at age 19

Idea threads

Kingsman

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Jan 8, 2022
Hey there
I’m quite new to the fastlane forum
I live in a third world country and I read mj’s book the fastlane last year and it sparked something in my head
I knew I had to get ahead in life because I was 18 years old and I was broke and I couldn’t even afford simple things even though my father had money
So I and my brothers decided we’d change our mindset and see if we could make our own money independent of our parents
I’m the eldest being 19 and my two brothers are 18 and 17 respectively and as at last year October the younger of us started making millions
Now I’ve made my first million (local currency ) and I’m in school
I don’t know what to do and my brothers won’t share how they keep multiplying their money
I dont want my time tied to money and I want something can be passive while I go through medical skills
Any opinion and pov is greatly appreciated
(I’m from Nigeria to put it in perspective)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
G

Guest931Xfjyx

A million dollars in Nigerian Naira translates to about $3k USD. If your brothers are making multiples of that, then what they have is known as a job.

To replicate their profits: Keep going to school, finish school, get a good job in medical.

To surpass them: Start a successful business detached from your time.

EDIT: Just checked, the minimum wage there is actually 30000 NGN/Month. A million Naira isn't so bad.

Last edited by a moderator:

Saad Khan

Amazon Ads Guy
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
177%
Mar 14, 2021
Pakistan
I have something that can multiply your money but I don't have money to start it. You can send me a DM and I'll show you
You just posted a thread saying that you're tired of seeking events. Here you are, doing it again!

Go read MJ DeMarco's books. Please. Again.

Jeix

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Oct 1, 2018
Milan, Italy
A million dollars in Nigerian Naira translates to about $3k USD. If your brothers are making multiples of that, then what they have is known as a job.

To replicate their profits: Keep going to school, finish school, get a good job in medical.

EDIT: Just checked, the minimum wage there is actually 30000 NGN/Month. A million Naira isn't so bad.
According to a quick google search, a million is the country's average annual income. Making that in a month is really good but it's unclear how that amount was made.
I second the suggestions you posted. Becoming an independent medical professional with your own office can also be a step up from your job, then you can scale it by hiring other doctors when you start having too many clients to handle.

Sebzmaniac

Contributor
X MODERATED X
Nov 30, 2019
I have something that can multiply your money but I don't have money to start it. You can send me a DM and I'll show you
Lol, when did MJ add "poo" as an emoji

I laughed so hard when I saw the reactions

And what does "poo" represent?

Kingsman

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Jan 8, 2022

Yeah it isn’t so bad
My brothers don’t work jobs at all and I just entered college
Im studying anatomy anyways but I don’t want to get trapped in a job for years
I’ve made my second million naira
And I’ll explain my business model
I run an exchange (bitcoins mostly) I buy and sell bitcoins and I also keep long term
I make quite a lot of profit and I used the specialized unit to sell my service and I advertise through social media
That’s the exact same business model my brothers are using
The only difference between us is my time is still tied to what I do and I’m in school so there’s that
Im hoping by the end of the year I can make my first million dollars and ps I make around 300k per month and 100k per month when things aren’t moving well ..

Kingsman

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Jan 8, 2022
According to a quick google search, a million is the country's average annual income. Making that in a month is really good but it's unclear how that amount was made.
I second the suggestions you posted. Becoming an independent medical professional with your own office can also be a step up from your job, then you can scale it by hiring other doctors when you start having too many clients to handle.
I run an exchange on the side while I’m schooling but I feel if I made this much in a month
Why do I have to wait 7 years to finish school when I put all my energy into this little thing
Also I was thinking of learning 3d animation to help myself push my business to more ppl if that makes sense

Kingsman

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Jan 8, 2022

More like 15k
No one is going to pay a 19 year old 30k per month ‍♀️ and I’m in med school so I can’t work
Education in this county is very much complicated and that’s not to factor in the fact that I lost 2 years to the pandemic and the constant strike that happens in my country

Kingsman

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Jan 8, 2022
I think you should read mj books again
The whole point of this forum is to be make something that can work regardless of time input
Why would you advise me to take that path when even MJ DeMarco didn’t take that path

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.