The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Motivational Quotes

hatterasguy

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
9%
Jul 29, 2008
"Klotzen, nicht Kleckern"
Boot'em, don´t spatter'em
Heinz Guderian, borrowed by Hitler.

"Es gibt keine verzweifelten Lagen, es gibt nur verzweifelte Menschen".
There are no desperate situations, there are only desperate people

"Fahrkarte bis zur Endstation"
Ticket to the last station
Shouted to panzer troops as they roared past in France, it means go as far as you can.

"Der Kampf gegen die eigenen Oberen macht manchmal mehr Arbeit als gegen die Franzosen"
It is sometimes tougher to fight my superiors than the French.
Reference to the famous stop order at Dunkirk.

Heinz Guderian

hatterasguy

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
9%
Jul 29, 2008
For good or for ill, air mastery is today the supreme expression of military power and fleets and armies, however vital and important, must accept a subordinate rank.
Winston Churchill

For my part, I consider that it will be found much better by all parties to leave the past to history, especially as I propose to write that history myself.
Winston Churchill

From Stettin in the Baltic to Trieste in the Adriatic, an iron curtain has descended across the Continent.
Winston Churchill

I like a man who grins when he fights.
Winston Churchill

I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.
Winston Churchill

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Remember, today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Teach him how to fish and you get rid of him all weekend.

yveskleinsky

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
23%
Jul 26, 2007
It is not good for all our wishes to be filled; through sickness we recognize the value of health; through evil, the value of good; through hunger, the value of food; through exertion, the value of rest. - Greek Proverb.

qwerety

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
6%
May 26, 2008
Detroit, MI
Haven't checked out all the quotes here yet, but this is def a thread I will save for later.

Here are a couple I hope aren't already posted in here.

1. If you aim at nothing, you will hit it everytime

2. There are no shortcuts to any place worth going

The second quote is kinda funny considering the slogan of the site, even though the sites slogan is not exactly the shortcut that you would look at as a bad thing.

Matthew B

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Aug 21, 2009
Just wanted to say thank you, this thread has helped me to add a number of excellent quotes to my collection.

taichijedi

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Feb 22, 2008
Philadelphia
"Human felicity is produced not so much by great pieces of good fortune that seldom happen, as by little advantages that occur every day." --BenjaminFranklin

"The journey of 1,000 li (miles)begins with the first step." --Confucius

"If a man does his best, what else is there?" --General George S. Patton

"You must BE the change you wish to see in the world." --Mahatma Gandhi

"Timid salesmen have skinny children." --Author Unknown

This an excellent thread, and one I plan to return to often for better insights and perspectives.

:cheers:

Adam_C

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
15%
Feb 2, 2008
uk
"Most people come up with an idea and then look for a market. I would look for a market and then look for a product or service to supply that market."

HappieMoonie

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
18%
Aug 24, 2009
Memphis, TN (DownTown)
:heartbeat::heartbeat::heartbeat:

"First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win"

Mohandas Ghandi

"An individual has not started living until he can rise above the narrow confines of his individualistic concerns to the broader concerns of all humanity."
Martin Luther King Jr.

"If someone shows you who they are...believe them."
Maya Angelou

:heartbeat::heartbeat::heartbeat:

eman

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Apr 11, 2009
"What the mind can conceive and believe, it can achieve."- author unknown
Correct me if I am wrong but Napoleon Hill said this... although this one looks updated. Either way a great quote!

JayKim

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
38%
Sep 4, 2008
Colorado Springs
YOUR LIFE AT THIS VERY MOMENT IS THE FRUIT OF YOUR CHOICES AND DECISIONS. Your decisions are made in seconds, yet, their consequences transcend your lifetime. -M.J.

“Screw the job search; if I can’t get a job, I’ll make my own jobs”. -M.J.

1) Fill needs. Solve problems. And if its being done? DO IT BETTER than anyone else. -M.J.

13) Don’t confuse “get rich quick” with “get rich easy”. I worked heavy hours for years — the difference was, I enjoyed it and felt I was growing and improving myself. When work is fun, it isn’t work. -M.J.

Remembering that I'll be dead soon is the most important tool I've ever encountered to help me make the big choices in life. Because almost everything all external expectations, all pride, all fear of embarrassment or failure - these things just fall away in the face of death, leaving only what is truly important. Remembering that you are going to die is the best way I know to avoid the trap of thinking you have something to lose. You are already naked. There is no reason not to follow your heart.
-Steve Jobs

Your time is limited, so dont waste it living someone elses life. Dont be trapped by dogma - which is living with the results of other peoples thinking. Dont let the noise of others opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary. -Steve Jobs

Mike McDermott : If you had it to do all over again, knowing what would happen,
would you make the same choice?
Professor Petrovsky : What choice?
Professor Petrovsky : We can't run from who we are, our destiny chooses us.
-Martin Landau Rounders 1998

"Dicky Fox : I have failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my life.
I love my wife. And I wish you my kind of success.
Dicky Fox : If this
[points to heart]
Dicky Fox : is empty, this
[points to head]
Dicky Fox : doesn't matter.
-Jared Jussim
Jerry Maguire

"The Brave may not live forever, but the cautious do not live at all" -unknown

Man is made or unmade by himself.
In the armory of thought he forges the weapons by which he destroys himself, he also fashions the tools with which he builds for himself heavenly mansions of joy, strength and peace.
By the right choice and the true appreciation of thought, man ascends to divine perfection. By the abuse and wrong application of thought he descends below the level of the beast. Between these two are all the grades of character, and man is their maker and master.
Of all the beautiful truths pertaining to the soul, none is more gladning nor fruitful of divine promise and confidence than this: That man is the master of thought, the molder of character, and the maker and shaper of condition, environment and destiny…-Unknown

The greater danger for most of us lies not in setting our aim too high and falling short; but in setting our aim too low, and achieving our mark. -Michelangelo

I guess the point of where I’m going with this is that not everyone can be wealthy in a financial sense, but everyone can live an equally fulfilling, happy and enjoyable life.

Because people don’t have money I believe they don’t concentrate on being happy because they think that if they had money they would automatically live happily ever after and thus live their life on lotto tickets and if only’s.

But don’t get me wrong, wealth is a legitimate and worthy goal to pursue, and if you want it bad enough you will find it in even the darkest corners of hardship. Just don’t let it be a condition on your right to enjoy life now, because that is a right I believe we are all inherently bestowed.
-Cantwait2

PaulRobert

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
146%
May 15, 2009
New Jersey
"Take time to deliberate but when the time for action arrives, stop thinking and go in."- Andrew Old Hickery Jackson

"How we spend our days is, of course, how we spend our lives."- Annie Dillard

"Realize that if you have time to whine and complain about something then you have the time to do something about it."- Anthony D'Angelo

"Build a dream and the dream will build you."- Dr. Robert Schmiller

"We will either find a way, or make one."- Hannibal

"The minute you settle for less than you deserve, you get even less than settled for."- Maureen Dowl

"Success isn't permanent, and failure isn't fatal."- Mike Ditka

"Education is what you get from reading the fine print. Experience is what you get from not reading it."- Unknown

"I must create a system, or be enslaved by another man's." William Blake.

Gymjunkie

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Jun 17, 2009
Life is not the number of breaths you take, but it's the moments that take your breath away!

sswift

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
7%
Mar 11, 2010
Miami
"I've never had a dream in my life. A dream Is what you want to do, but still haven't perused. I knew what I wanted, and did it till it was done. So I've been in the dream I wanted to be in since day one."

-Aesop Rock

Bobo

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
31%
Mar 25, 2008
"the last day we can pay the mortgage without penalty is on the 30th"

PaulRobert

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
146%
May 15, 2009
New Jersey
YouTube - Protect your Dreams

"Don't ever let somebody tell you... You can't do something. Not even me. All right? You got a dream... You gotta protect it. People can't do somethin' themselves, they wanna tell you you can't do it. If you want somethin', go get it. Period."

hatterasguy

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
9%
Jul 29, 2008
risks.jpg

Pinnacle

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
41%
Oct 29, 2007
Edmond, Oklahoma
To nurture is to love not only your partners strength but also his or her fragility, not only that within your partner that is powerful but also that which is delicate, not only that which is grown up but also that which is young.
pixel_trans.gif

– Nathaniel Branden

This goes out to those special "partners" in our lives who have nurtured us in our fastlane journeys.

Scout

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
27%
Apr 24, 2009
NJ
This one is no one famous, just my 5 year old kid sending me an email at work, but the first line hit home:

"I love you dad, I want you to work at home so I can play with you with balloon swords. I love you daddy. I wish you could stay home. You have to because then we will all cry..."

Staying in slow lane makes no sense...

CommonCents

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
69%
Apr 14, 2009
MN
Whether you think you can, or think you can't. You are right.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.