The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Motivational Quotes

Bilgefisher

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Aug 29, 2007
Aurora, Co

yveskleinsky

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
23%
Jul 26, 2007
"
"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." - Thomas A. Edison

lol. A good friend of mine from junior high had a grandpa who was a pig farmer. He was a very large man who always wore overalls and was a country bumpkin' through and through. When the air currents would turn and the stink of manure would blow in from Greeley, he would put his thumbs through the bibs of his overalls and breathe deeply. He'd look over at us and say, "Smells like money". We used to always get grossed out, but the guy died a millionaire...turns out he was right. :)

Bilgefisher

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Aug 29, 2007
Aurora, Co
lol. A good friend of mine from junior high had a grandpa who was a pig farmer. He was a very large man who always wore overalls and was a country bumpkin' through and through. When the air currents would turn and the stink of manure would blow in from Greeley, he would put his thumbs through the bibs of his overalls and breathe deeply. He'd look over at us and say, "Smells like money". We used to always get grossed out, but the guy died a millionaire...turns out he was right. :)

LMAO my dad use to say that when the winds would shift or Greeley would start to thaw in the spring. I say the same thing now, except my eyes still water when I take that deep breathe.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

RAiMA

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
10%
Aug 24, 2007
Sydney, Australia
A new favourite.

"It's not the size of your dreams, that determines whether or not they come true, but the size of the actions you take that imply their inevitable arrival."

It's from Bob Doyle I think :)

michael515

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
114%
Aug 27, 2007
I have another. It's a bit modified though. It's from Good Will Hunting.

Will: "He used to just put a belt, a stick, and a wrench on the kitchen table and say, "Choose."
Sean: Well, I gotta go with the belt there.
Will: I used to go with the wrench.
Sean: Why?
Will: Cause f--- him, that' why."

I modify this in that whenever I'm scared about doing something, just think I'm getting into some crazy business stuff, or in over my head, I tell myself "because f--- it, that's why, go for it".

Sounds odd but works very well. It's like I'm becoming addicted to trying things that I'm unsure of and taking calculated risks.

karolis

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
33%
Sep 9, 2007
"The only way to survive is to do shit and see what happens. You just have to have enough shit going on that some big shit happens." -Tom Peters

"Major projects will never be finished if they are never started.
The key to getting things done is to get things started."
Harold Taylor

"The great French Marshall Lyautey once asked his gardener to plant a tree. The gardener objected that the tree was slow growing and would not reach maturity for 100 years. The Marshall replied, 'In that case, there is no time to lose; plant it this afternoon!'"
John F. Kennedy

"First comes thought; then organization of that thought, into ideas and plans; then transformation of those plans into reality. The beginning, as you will observe, is in your imagination."
Napoleon Hill

"Time is the most valuable thing I own - as I pay for it with my life"
Unknown

"You see things and say 'Why?' but I dream things that never were and I say 'Why not?'"
George Bernard Shaw

If you think you can, or if you think you can't, you're right.
--Henry Ford

MrDoctor

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
11%
Aug 13, 2007
"The gem cannot be polished without friction, not a man perfected without trials."

"Any man who makes a beast of himself removes the pain of being a man."

Runum

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Aug 8, 2007
DFW, Texas
Procrastination hurts you in two ways. It kills your current opportunities and limits your future opportunities.:cheers:

Greg

MrDoctor

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
11%
Aug 13, 2007
Procrastination hurts you in two ways. It kills your current opportunities and limits your future opportunities.:cheers:

Greg

Love that one!

"There are only two types of people in this world: you are either a somebody or nobody."

CarrieW

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
41%
Nov 12, 2007
suburbs of savannah in Ga
I made a boo-boo and started another thread can someone lock it or delete it or something?

one of my favorites

Any challenge facing you is not as important as your attitude
towards it for that will determine your success or failure-

ErikV10

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Aug 2, 2007
"It doesnt matter how much you want something, if you're all talk and dont do anything about it... you aint sh*t."

"The cost of experience is expensive, but the knowledge you gain on each and everyone is priceless."

"Dont over thing or over plan or over assume... just do it!"

"Dont let what other people say stop you from getting into your dreams... no matter who they are in your life."

andviv

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jul 27, 2007
Washington DC
We all have dreams. But in order to make dreams come into reality, it takes an awful lot of determination, dedication, self-discipline, and effort.
--Jesse Owens

malonade

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Nov 23, 2007
Austin, Tx
This one is from the Bible. Matthew 7:8. Gives me chills every time I read it. Can be true for anything you do.

Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you. For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened.

yveskleinsky

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
23%
Jul 26, 2007
I also get chills when I read that scripture. ...I also like the one, "Without vision, people perish". So true.

Russ H

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Jul 25, 2007
Napa Valley, CA
MrDoctor said:
"There are only two types of people in this world: you are either a somebody or nobody."

Reminded me of this one:

"There are only 2 types of people in this world.
The type of person who divides everyone up into 2 groups,
And those who don't."

(silly as it sounds, there is a real message hidden in there).

-Russ H.

yveskleinsky

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
23%
Jul 26, 2007
... I like the saying, "To the world you may just be one person, but to one person you are the world". Everyone is a someone.

czach41

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
45%
Oct 11, 2007
Denver
"No man ever achieved worthwhile success who did not at one time or other, find himself with at least one foot hanging well over the brink of failure."
- Napoleon Hill

andviv

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jul 27, 2007
Washington DC
Knowing is not enough; we must apply.
Willing is not enough; we must do.
--Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

thecoach

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
19%
Aug 29, 2007
Regina, SK, Canada
Since there seems to be a general theme to most of these quotes (do it and do it now), here's a good 'anti-procrastination' one...

Procrastination is like masterbation...in the end you're only screwing yourself...

andviv

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jul 27, 2007
Washington DC
People who are unable to motivate themselves must be content with mediocrity, no matter how impressive their other talents.
--Andrew Carnegie

yveskleinsky

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
23%
Jul 26, 2007

australianinvestor

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
22%
Aug 4, 2007
Australia
"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat."

-Theodore Roosevelt.

andviv

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jul 27, 2007
Washington DC
The quality of your life is the quality of your relationships.
--Anthony Robbins

Abundance is not something we acquire. It is something we tune into.
--Wayne Dyer

andviv

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jul 27, 2007
Washington DC
Life takes on meaning when you become motivated, set goals and charge after them in an unstoppable manner.
--Les Brown

Yankees338

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
8%
Jul 24, 2007
NJ/MD
I just found this quote while looking at baseball quotes, but I think it's very applicable to business as well.

"Progress always involves risks. You can't steal second base and keep your foot on first." ~Frederick B. Wilcox

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.