The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Any tips/encouragement/motivational messages for people who have already started working on their entrepreneurial project?

Anything related to matters of the mind

DonyaSze

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
148%
Jan 17, 2024
I could use some. I have a little bit here:

-You’ve come this far, most don’t even start so you’re already better at business than most

-Create a routine, your brain will get used to it and them you’ll become a robotic slave to it

-Keep doing what you’re doing as long as you’re doing it EXCELLENTLY. The key as MJ has pointed out in Millionaire Fastlane is to be better than your competitors

-You’ve got the will to do it? You’ve got all it takes.

Anything anyone wants to share?

Have an awesome day!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Johnny boy

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
632%
May 9, 2017
Washington State
It’s not hard to be in the 1%. Walk around and look at all the moron bottom feeders. There goes 80%. Then, people who are sorta smart, most of them want stupid goals anyways like being an artist, or just having a normal job. Even if they’re intelligent they have no real direction towards anything that’ll actually make them successful. There goes 10%.

Now you’re left with 10% of people who are smart, and actually want to be wealthy. 8/10 are lazy.

If you’re sorta smart, want to be rich, and work hard, it’s 50-50 you’ll get there soon. The longer you work hard, the better your odds get.

Over a long time as long as you stay alive and keep the odds in your favor, is a very high chance you’ll be quite successful.

Not your first business. Not every idea you try. But you. As long as you’re smart and keep going.

Marriages are like this too.

They say it’s a 50% divorce rate. But take away all the already divorced once people. Take away the degenerates. The couples that pray with each other daily have a divorce rate under 1%.

Just through choices you can put your life on a great track and stack the odds in your favor.

This is the case in almost all things. The numbers look a lot better if you factor in showing up, doing the work, and not being a complete moron.

In fact, if you could peer into everyone’s soul, you would find that the almost surefire way to calculate success would be if that person was determined and had full conviction in their heart. It’s almost a sure thing at that point. So all you need to do is make the choice to fully commit and make the trade. See it as a clear transaction. Give all = get all.

heavy_industry

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
555%
Apr 17, 2022
I don't use any motivational or encouraging quotes.

Patting yourself on the back every 5 minutes for how good and smart you are is a surefire way to become mediocre. All losers like to stoke their ego and think highly of themselves.

They do that until reality kicks in and punches them in the face.

That's when they start having doubts and low self-esteem. That's when the negative self-talk begins.

That's when their dreams die.

That's when they create a Reddit account.

So I do the opposite:

I start the negative self-talk preemptively.

In a verbally abusive, drill sergeant voice, I am constantly reminding myself that this is the only life I will ever have, and I am solely responsible for its outcome.

And I have a very clear understanding of what lies ahead:
  • The Heaven of Freedom
  • Or, the Hell of Regret - the unbearable pain of wasted life

Knowing full well what hell looks like, I quickly resume working - because I'm not going back there.

Johnny boy

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
632%
May 9, 2017
Washington State
I don't use any motivational or encouraging quotes.

Patting yourself on the back every 5 minutes for how good and smart you are is a surefire way to become mediocre. All losers like to stoke their ego and think highly of themselves.

They do that until reality kicks in and punches them in the face.

That's when they start having doubts and low self-esteem. That's when the negative self-talk begins.

That's when their dreams die.

That's when they create a Reddit account.

So I do the opposite:

I start the negative self-talk preemptively.

In a verbally abusive, drill sergeant voice, I am constantly reminding myself that this is the only life I will ever have, and I am solely responsible for its outcome.

And I have a very clear understanding of what lies ahead:
  • The Heaven of Freedom
  • Or, the Hell of Regret - the unbearable pain of wasted life

Knowing full well what hell looks like, I quickly resume working - because I'm not going back there.

Girls motivation: you are worth it. You are loved. You are the universe experiencing itself.

Guys motivation: Get up. You fat piece of broke shit. You’re lazy. You’re stupid. You’re a waste of oxygen. 50 pushups right now. Everything is your fault.

ANR

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
219%
Apr 4, 2015
Tip would be to make lead generation a consistent daily task. Hour per day at least.

DonyaSze

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
148%
Jan 17, 2024
It’s not hard to be in the 1%. Walk around and look at all the moron bottom feeders. There goes 80%. Then, people who are sorta smart, most of them want stupid goals anyways like being an artist, or just having a normal job. Even if they’re intelligent they have no real direction towards anything that’ll actually make them successful. There goes 10%.

Now you’re left with 10% of people who are smart, and actually want to be wealthy. 8/10 are lazy.

If you’re sorta smart, want to be rich, and work hard, it’s 50-50 you’ll get there soon. The longer you work hard, the better your odds get.

Over a long time as long as you stay alive and keep the odds in your favor, is a very high chance you’ll be quite successful.

Not your first business. Not every idea you try. But you. As long as you’re smart and keep going.

Marriages are like this too.

They say it’s a 50% divorce rate. But take away all the already divorced once people. Take away the degenerates. The couples that pray with each other daily have a divorce rate under 1%.

Just through choices you can put your life on a great track and stack the odds in your favor.

This is the case in almost all things. The numbers look a lot better if you factor in showing up, doing the work, and not being a complete moron.

In fact, if you could peer into everyone’s soul, you would find that the almost surefire way to calculate success would be if that person was determined and had full conviction in their heart. It’s almost a sure thing at that point. So all you need to do is make the choice to fully commit and make the trade. See it as a clear transaction. Give all = get all.
Thank you everyone for your replies. This one here is my favorite.

I shall remember that I must make the choice to fully commit every day. As I ride on the bus to my doctor appointments, I got my ipad with me to draw for my project while in the waiting room. When I go home I will sit at the computer and do work.

heavy_industry

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
555%
Apr 17, 2022
Girls motivation: you are worth it. You are loved. You are the universe experiencing itself.

Guys motivation: Get up. You fat piece of broke shit. You’re lazy. You’re stupid. You’re a waste of oxygen. 50 pushups right now. Everything is your fault.

This is what I hear in my head when it's time to squat heavy or do an ice bath, and I don't really feel like it:

View: https://www.youtube.com/shorts/o2WGK0ZAQEQ

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA

So few people understand this ..... as a coach, employer, father to two daughters: women need the small wins and the encouragement and to BUILD their confidence. they have enough internal negative self talk and a society that tells them all the stuff that is wrong with them and business world trying to motivate them like they are men

@DonyaSze here is something that has helped a lot of women: create an identity.

For example:
I am @DonyaSze, asskicker / awesomesauce / business mogul. I build big amazing businesses. I get three major things done every F*cking day.

Then, whenever you are not sure what to do, do what SHE would do!
then give yourself some credit for doing that.

You got this!!!!!

DonyaSze

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
148%
Jan 17, 2024
So few people understand this ..... as a coach, employer, father to two daughters: women need the small wins and the encouragement and to BUILD their confidence. they have enough internal negative self talk and a society that tells them all the stuff that is wrong with them and business world trying to motivate them like they are men

@DonyaSze here is something that has helped a lot of women: create an identity.

For example:
I am @DonyaSze, asskicker / awesomesauce / business mogul. I build big amazing businesses. I get three major things done every F*cking day.

Then, whenever you are not sure what to do, do what SHE would do!
then give yourself some credit for doing that.

You got this!!!!!
Haha thank you. You frickin rock.

EL_00

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
59%
Oct 10, 2023
It is negative, but it does work. Even if u r a girl.

ZackerySprague

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Jun 26, 2021
Fort Worth, Texas
If you have any regrets, STOP. Look back at what you didn't do, and do them. I have been struggling with this feel now for a couple of weeks.

People who say they have no regrets probably do and they just don't know it.

Stay true to what you want out of life or to at least experience.

The feel of regret is much worse than the feeling of failure.

Here's a question to ponder on. "What would you regret, if you never tried?"

This question makes you think and has allows your mind to wonder/be creative to the things you want to do or wanted to do.

In this case you can now try to accomplish each of the tasks or things you wrote down and say at least I tried and I'm proud I did ^^!

It feels like I've always wanted to be an entrepreneur when I was little or problem solve.

But I took the route of doing IT for acceptance. I don't know how true this is, but regret is the worst feeling to have.

But If you are still young, you still may have time to do the things you want to do.

I'd say Go after what you want to do with everything you've got.

The dream that was sold to us about having a job, doing something 8 hours a day is no different than you being a college student or a high school student. We all still go the same place, doing the same things. The only difference is you are heavily focused on adult responsibilities and paying bills on a repeat cycle. Time just passes and you get older.

A friend of mine back in the day and I went to go do a College Visit at the University of Texas at Arlington. We both had dreams of working for companies at a skyrise in Downtown Dallas. I've accomplished this already, but there's nothing exciting to this.

I'd rather have Freedom and Peace of mind. Doing work that is valuable to others.

The other day, in the evening I helped a lady for the contracted job that I am at help fix her computer to which she had audio/video issues.

She didn't know much about computers, but we replaced her laptop after performing basic diagnostics.

It is better to do work that is valuable and receive praise than it is to do a job just because. You get a warm feeling inside, you know you've done valuable work that was purposeful and not because it was a repeat task you had to do.

Last edited:

DonyaSze

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
148%
Jan 17, 2024
If you have any regrets, STOP. Look back at what you didn't do, and do them. I have been struggling with this feel now for a couple of weeks.

People who say they have no regrets probably do and they just don't know it.

Stay true to what you want out of life or to at least experience.

The feel of regret is much worse than the feeling of failure.

Here's a question to ponder on. "What would you regret, if you never tried?"

This question makes you think and has allows your mind to wonder/be creative to the things you want to do or wanted to do.

In this case you can now try to accomplish each of the tasks or things you wrote down and say at least I tried and I'm proud I did ^^!

It feels like I've always wanted to be an entrepreneur when I was little or problem solve.

But I took the route of doing IT for acceptance. I don't know how true this is, but regret is the worst feeling to have.

But If you are still young, you still may have time to do the things you want to do.

I'd say Go after what you want to do with everything you've got.

The dream that was sold to us about having a job, doing something 8 hours a day is no different than you being a college student or a high school student. We all still go the same place, doing the same things. The only difference is you are heavily focused on adult responsibilities and paying bills on a repeat cycle. Time just passes and you get older.

A friend of mine back in the day and I went to go do a College Visit at the University of Texas at Arlington. We both had dreams of working for companies at a skyrise in Downtown Dallas. I've accomplished this already, but there's nothing exciting to this.

I'd rather have Freedom and Peace of mind. Doing work that is valuable to others.

The other day, in the evening I helped a lady for the contracted job that I am at help fix her computer to which she had audio/video issues.

She didn't know much about computers, but we replaced her laptop after performing basic diagnostics.

It is better to do work that is valuable and receive praise than it is to do a job just because. You get a warm feeling inside, you know you've done valuable work that was purposeful and not because it was a repeat task you had to do.
This is all so awesome, thanks!

Yeah the thing with regret is huge. I got big tragic anime level regrets in my life and it’s just So Much. So I make an effort to not create any more and Be good and Do Good.

ZackerySprague

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Jun 26, 2021
Fort Worth, Texas
This is all so awesome, thanks!

Yeah the thing with regret is huge. I got big tragic anime level regrets in my life and it’s just So Much. So I make an effort to not create any more and Be good and Do Good.
Your welcome. For 3.5 years, I thought I was Stable. I thought I was going to work for a company for 5 years or so. My problem was with Change Adversity. I've had any FTEs over the years.

Regret though for me has been huge as for the recent weeks. I was mad at my boss last year for letting me go, but after speaking on the phone with a friend of mine. He was pissed at the company for letting me go.

My mental state was bad at the time, it has now been 6 months since. Change is inevitable, nothing lasts forever even in the present moment.

I have been grateful to who have lasted this long. Employment hasn't been constant.

But I had 3.5 years to build something since the discovery of MJs books.

But one cool thing that I have learned is that regret can tell what you want to do or try before you die so all is not lost.

Also it was wrong of me to be mad at my boss when it was never his fault.

Last edited:

ZackerySprague

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Jun 26, 2021
Fort Worth, Texas
Corporate Politics, you can be the best employee. You can have the best performance, the best reviews, and get stuff done. But you are still a number or a profit making machine.

You can get all of the pats on the back or praises, but even that may mean nothing to the higher ups. They just thank you for your service.

Instead view jobs as a way to provide for yourself while building in the evening. A job is a job, you can still do good work. Just plant your feet enough until what your building grows to replace it.

DonyaSze

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
148%
Jan 17, 2024
Your welcome. For 3.5 years, I thought I was Stable. I thought I was going to work for a company for 5 years or so. My problem was with Change Adversity. I've had any FTEs over the years.

Regret though for me has been huge as for the recent weeks. I was mad at my boss last year for letting me go, but after speaking on the phone with a friend of mine. He was pissed at the company for letting me go.

My mental state was bad at the time, it has now been 6 months since. Change is inevitable, nothing lasts forever even in the present moment.

I have been grateful to who have lasted this long. Employment hasn't been constant.

But I had 3.5 years to build something since the discovery of MJs books.

But one cool thing that I have learned is that regret can tell what you want to do or try before you die so all is not lost.

Also it was wrong of me to be mad at my boss when it was never his fault.
That’s so awesome. Thanks for sharing!

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Good posts @ZackerySprague. I hope you don't mind me saying, but you seem much more mellow and grounded than a few months ago.

NervesOfSteel

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
123%
Aug 26, 2023
Anything anyone wants to share?

Motivation is a drug. It will give you goosebumps. It will make you feel great, for a day? a week? Then it will fade away. Then you will seek another dose of it.

Discipline, on the other hand, gets the toughest sh*t done! No fairy tales! No universe or its energy coming to save thine holy a$$, but the strength of the mortal man, his iron will, the strength of his back, and sweat on his brows - the undeniable, unfathomable force of nature!

It’s not hard to be in the 1%.
I agree. It's just as easy for a Lion to walk in the jungle.

What's hard for the Lion? To pretend he's a sheep or a deer or a Hare, to fit the crowd, garbage consuming crowd, and apologize for his roar, because he dared to break the sheep's wet dream of conquering the lands by consuming all the grass of social media!

The sheep bleats excuses, of poverty, geo-location, education, break-ups, of society-whipping-their-fragile-ego/A$$, while they chew off the grass they will find somewhere to get by!

The lion knows - Hunt of Die! No excuses!

Lion never needs a pep talk. Does he?

As I ride on the bus to my doctor appointments, I got my ipad with me to draw for my project while in the waiting room. When I go home I will sit at the computer and do work.

This is the Will, that forges destiny! You don't need a drug called Motivation, you've enough fire within!

Corporate Politics, you can be the best employee. You can have the best performance, the best reviews, and get stuff done. But you are still a number or a profit making machine.

You can get all of the pats on the back or praises, but even that may mean nothing to the higher ups. They just thank you for your service.

Instead view jobs as a way to provide for yourself while building in the evening. A job is a job, you can still do good work. Just plant your feet enough until what your building grows to replace it.

I felt extreme hate for the "system", the "corporate structure" and the "2008 Lehman Crisis" to get me laid off after a year from my "stable" job, only to realize later, it was a blessing in disguise! That was an FTE moment, when the Lion realized he wasn't a sheep!

Last edited:

ZackerySprague

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Jun 26, 2021
Fort Worth, Texas

DonyaSze

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
148%
Jan 17, 2024
Motivation is a drug. It will give you goosebumps. It will make you feel great, for a day? a week? Then it will fade away. Then you will seek another dose of it.

Discipline, on the other hand, gets the toughest sh*t done! No fairy tales! No universe or its energy coming to save thine holy a$$, but the strength of the mortal man, his iron will, the strength of his back, and sweat on his brows - the undeniable, unfathomable force of nature!

I agree. It's just as easy for a Lion to walk in the jungle.

What's hard for the Lion? To pretend he's a sheep or a deer or a Hare, to fit the crowd, garbage consuming crowd, and apologize for his roar, because he dared to break the sheep's wet dream of conquering the lands by consuming all the grass of social media!

The sheep bleats excuses, of poverty, geo-location, education, break-ups, of society-whipping-their-fragile-ego/A$$, while they chew off the grass they will find somewhere to get by!

The lion knows - Hunt of Die! No excuses!

Lion never needs a pep talk. Does he?

This is the Will, that forges destiny! You don't need a drug called Motivation, you've enough fire within!

I felt extreme hate for the "system", the "corporate structure" and the "2008 Lehman Crisis" to get me laid off after a year from my "stable" job, only to realize later, it was a blessing in disguise! That was an FTE moment, when the Lion realized he wasn't a sheep!
Awesome post dude. You’re the best!

Yeah I kept getting laid off from multiple jobs or quit because my physical body couldn’t do labour anymore or because I was fired and I finally. FINALLY. Took the hint. Those were all blessings hahaha. I’m here now. I’m doing what I’m meant to do, not what random people kept telling me I ‘had’ to do.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.