The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Motivational Quotes

DrummerDad

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
26%
Apr 8, 2011
One my Dad used to say all the time

"If it was easy, everybody would be doing it" dont know where he got it.

Some motivationals I love

Mistakes: It could be the purpose of your life, is only to serve as a warning to others.

Agreements: Ill try and be nicer, if you'll try to be smarter.

Apologies: Ok, ok. I take it back; unscrew you.

Computer crashes: You may have the organic brain, and opposable thumbs, but when it crashes youre still screwed.

Dedication: I thought I saw the light at the end of the tunnel. But it was just some bastard with a torch, bringing me more work.

Effeciency: Rome didnt create a mighty empire by having meetings. They did it by crushing everyone who opposed them. (slight modification)

Planning: Lack of preparation on your part, does not constitute an emergency on my part.

On a sign above my work bench: "Everyone has the right to be stupid, occasionally. Stop abusing the privilage.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Ferrari Girl

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
9%
Apr 3, 2011
I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately. I wanted to live deep and suck out the marrow of life and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived.

-Russ H.

Lots of great quotes there. Thank you. I love this Thoreau one. Made me think of this one when I read it today...

"Everyone dies. Not everyone really lives." ~William Wallace

andviv

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jul 27, 2007
Washington DC
The job of the CEO isn't to check things off the agenda. Her job is to set the agenda, to figure out what's next.

Now that more and more of us are supposed to be CEO of our own lives and careers, it might be time to rethink who's setting your agenda.

--Seth Godin
http://sethgodin.typepad.com/seths_blog/2011/04/the-agenda.html

Brad

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
8%
Apr 7, 2011
Louisville, Kentucky
"You are the embodiment of the information you choose to accept and act upon. To change your circumstances you need to change your thinking and subsequent actions." - Adlin Sinclair

Great Post Wolfgang! Speed+

Brad

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
8%
Apr 7, 2011
Louisville, Kentucky
"Nothing can stop the man with the right mental attitude from achieving his goal; nothing on earth can help the man with the wrong mental attitude." - Thomas Jefferson

Brad

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
8%
Apr 7, 2011
Louisville, Kentucky
"There is only one success--to be able to spend your life in your own way." - Christopher Morley
Sounds like it could have come right from the pages of FLM!

Ferrari Girl

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
9%
Apr 3, 2011
"There are no secrets to success. It is the result of preparation, hard work, learning from failure."
- Colin Powell

nuwav

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
28%
Mar 4, 2011
London, UK
"Formal education will make you a living; self-education will make you a fortune.†~ Jim Rohn

“To accomplish great things, we must not only act, but also dream; not only plan, but also believe.†~Anatole France

"If we wait for the moment when everything, absolutely everything is ready, we shall never begin.- Ivan Turgenev

“Only as high as I reach can I grow, only as far as I seek can I go, only as deep as I look can I see, only as much as I dream can I be.â€

"I can accept failure, everyone fails at something. But I can't accept not trying". - Michael Jordan

‎"You are what you believe in. You become that which you believe you can become." ~The Bhagavad Gita

“If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.†- Dr Wayne Dyer

“Many of life’s failures are people who had not realized how close they were to success when they gave up.†- Thomas A Edison

‎"Everything has its beauty but not everyone sees it." ~Confucius

John C.

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
26%
Jun 5, 2011
New Orleans, LA
I've compiled a short book of quotations, I titled it Words to Live and Work by.

Here are a few from the collection:
"Our plans miscarry because they have no aim. When a man does not know what harbor he is making for, no wind is the right wind." Seneca

"For purposes of action nothing is more useful than narrowness of thought combined with energy of will."
Henri Amiel

"Let your occupations be few, says the sage, if you would lead a tranquil life." Marcus Aurelius

"It is no profit to learn well if you neglect to do well." Publilius Syrus

"There is nothing good or bad but thinking makes it so." Shakespeare

There are 27 pages of quotes and about 30 pages of essays.

Anyone want a digital copy, IM me.

Likwid24

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
295%
Mar 26, 2011
Staten Island, NY
This one has nothing to do with motivation but it's a quote everyone should live by. It has come to my mind quite a few times these past weeks. Anytime someone does something to hurt you, think of this quote.

"Before you embark on a journey of revenge, dig two graves." ~ Confucius

Likwid24

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
295%
Mar 26, 2011
Staten Island, NY
Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today.. Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending

Stefan Em

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
114%
Jun 4, 2011
Switzerland
As following you will find quotes from Tony Robbins book "Awaken the Giant within". I know, a lot of ideas he praised at his time have been restated in better ways, but still, his words are worth reading and being thought about.

Let's start with the last paragraph of his book:

"What's the lesson? Live life fully while you’re here. Experience everything. Take care of yourself and your friends. Have fun, be crazy, be weird. Go out and screw up! You’re going to anyway, so you might as well enjoy the process! Take the opportunity to learn from your mistakes: find the cause of your problem and eliminate it. Don’t try to be perfect; just be an excellent example of being human. Constantly find ways to improve yourself. […] Be a lifelong learner. […] The Game of life is winnable. Let your humanity – your caring for yourself and others – be the guiding principle of your life, but don’t treat life so seriously that you lose the power of spontaneity, the pleasure that comes from being silly and being a kid.â€

In no particular order:

On failure:
“There are no failures in life, there are only results.â€​

“The only true security in life comes from knowing that every single day you are improving yourself in some way.â€​

On feeling good:
“Make feeling good your expectation. You don’t have to have a reason to feel good – you’re alive; you can feel good for no reason at all.â€

“It’s not the events that shape my life that determine how I feel and act, but, rather it’s the way I interpret and evaluate my life experiences.â€

“If you’re feeling really sad, there is only one reason: it’s because you’re deleting all the reasons you could be feeling good.â€​

On fear and success:
“The tragedy of many people’s lives is that they avoid doing things because they’re afraid; they even feel bad about things in advance. But remember: the source of success for outstanding achievers often finds its origin in a set of nurtured beliefs for which that individual had no references!â€

On goals and happiness:
“Achieving goals by themselves will never make us happy in the long term; it’s who you become, as you overcome the obstacles necessary to achieve your goals, that can give you the deepest and most long-lasting sense of fulfilment.â€​

“As long as we structure our lives in a way where our happiness is dependent upon something we cannot control, then we will experience pain.â€

“Those who know their values and live by them become the leaders of our society.â€

“I believe that it’s equally important for us to remember that while we’re alive, we’re not our bodies. Neither are we our past, nor our behaviours in the moment.â€​

On wealth:
[INENT]“The key to wealth is to … devise a way to consistently add real value to people’s lives, and you will prosper.â€[/INDENT]

Likwid24

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
295%
Mar 26, 2011
Staten Island, NY
“I’ve missed over 9,000 shots in my career. I’ve lost almost 300 games. 26 times I’ve been trustedto take the game-winning shot … and missed. I’ve failed over and over and over again in my life.And that is why I succeed.”

~Michael Jordan, American professional basketball player, active businessman.

“Impossible is a word to be found only in the dictionary of fools.”

~Napoleon Bonaparte (1769 – 1821),military and political leader of France and Emperor of the French as Napoleon I

“I have not failed. I’ve simply discovered 10,000 ways that don’t work.”

~Thomas Alva Edison (1847 – 1931) American inventor, scientist and businessman

“It’s not whether you get knocked down; It’s whether you get back up.”

~Vince Lombardi (1913 – 1970) ,American football coach.

Trials, temptations, disappointments — all these are helps instead of hindrances, if one uses them rightly. They not only test the fibre of a character, but strengthen it. Every conquered temptation represents a new fund of moral energy. Every trial endured and weathered in the right spirit makes a soul nobler and stronger than…it was before.”

~James Buckham (1844 – 1930),Canadian lumberman and Liberal politician.

User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Aug 13, 2011
East Coast
"There is only one success--to be able to spend your life in your own way." - Christopher Morley
Sounds like it could have come right from the pages of FLM!

What a great quote! I feel like so many people forget that the ultimate goal is not a certain social standard but that the ulimate goal is to live your life in your own way...from sun up to sunset, everyday! :) Thanks for the great reminder!

DuPont

PARKED
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Jul 24, 2011
A warrior is one who conquers one's self

Not sure of the author...FYI I work on this daily

naushad1289

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
20%
Jun 6, 2011
A warrior is one who conquers one's self

Not sure of the author...FYI I work on this daily

Probably every great philosopher from socrates, seneca, jesus, emerson, and etc has said this quote in some form or another. Very important yet extremely hard to do.

G-man422

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
62%
Oct 5, 2011
Ohio, USA
I love motivational quotes. Here are a few of my favorites:

"Fortune favors the brave." -Virgil

"Never let your schooling interfere with your education." - Mark Twain

"The world makes way for the man who knows where he is going" - Ralph Waldo Emerson

"Whether You Think You Can or think you can't, you are right" - Henry Ford

"Daring ideas are like chessmen moved forward; they may be beaten, but they may start a winning game." -Goethe

Realdeal89

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Nov 25, 2011
Successful people focus on the pros, which is why their goals are always in PROgress. Unsuccessful people focus on the cons, which is why their goals are always in CONfinement. - Me

Joanne Greco

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Dec 29, 2011
USA
I love this thread!! Thank you to everyone who posted quotes.

My all time favorite quote is "No one can make you feel inferior without your consent" ~ Eleanor Roosevelt

WBoone

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
9%
Nov 20, 2011
"If A is a success in life, then A equals x plus y plus z. Work is x; y is play; and z is keeping your mouth shut."

"Imagination is more important than knowledge."

"The only real valuable thing is intuition."

"I never think of the future. It comes soon enough."

"The only thing that interferes with my learning is my education."

All from Einstein.

WBoone

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
9%
Nov 20, 2011
and one really good one from Arnold Schwarzenegger.

"If you want to be a champion, you cannot have any outside negative influence coming in to affect you. If I get emotionally involved with a girl, it can have a negative effect on my mind and destroy my workouts. Therefore I have to cut my emotions off and be cold in a way. Do this with the rest of things. If someone steals my car right now, I don't care. I can't be bothered with that. All I can do is call the insurance agency and they'll laugh about it. I trained myself for that and not to let things go into my mind."

kirrubi

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
24%
Dec 26, 2011
California
God grand me the serenity to accept the things i cannot change, the corage to change the things i can and the wisdom to know the diference.
St. Francis os Assis

thank you

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!