The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Motivational Speaking as a business, what's TFF thoughts?

Are you FOR it or AGAINST it?

• Total voters

SSTrey

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
87%
May 24, 2021
I know this has been touched on in random threads across the forum, my curiosity is getting the best of me and value the advice of TFF members.

I live in Johannesburg, South Africa & I know someone from my hometown who has gona down this route, he has just turned 30 and is doing amazingly well, over a billion USD in sales over 8 years or so. Multiple sports cars, the house, frequent travel, etc.

I am all for a Fastlane business, and am currently working on my CENTS business but can't help think about International Motivational Speaking and the incredible success these guys create.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA
This guy isn't making a billion in sales from speaking. What is he actually selling?

In fact, just post who it is here.

There are very few people that have the level of reach to get to those numbers. However, there are a lot of people that rent everything because the idea of success predicates desire to hear what someone has to say. Not saying that is what this guy is doing but it is common.

Do you have any experience with speaking currently or a compelling story to tell? We would love to hear it!

SSTrey

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
87%
May 24, 2021
This guy isn't making a billion in sales from speaking. What is he actually selling?

In fact, just post who it is here.

There are very few people that have the level of reach to get to those numbers. However, there are a lot of people that rent everything because the idea of success predicates desire to hear what someone has to say. Not saying that is what this guy is doing but it is common.

Do you have any experience with speaking currently or a compelling story to tell? We would love to hear it!
It's Sashin Govender Sashin Link
Honestly, I cannot find anything anywhere that he is directly selling. His social media says to DM etc etc, I did but no reply yet.
Says he owns many companies etc, but my research online has not picked up much, I've only been able to assume that much of it comes from international speaking events and maybe teaching/coaching others, but I have no idea.
He's travelling maybe 5 times a month albeit business class.

I've watched a few videos of his, he has pictures & interviews with world reknowned guys, Robin Sharma, Les Brown, Martin Lawrence, Bob Proctor, Gary V ... the list goes on.
He mentioned the 1BIL USD sales (however, even if it is millions, it is STILL millions, nonetheless) on a video with R Sharma.
I understand the 'renting' thing, however, it is not cheap to even rent Ferraris or Lambos, etc.

I have no real experience speaking publically, however I am a good speaker & feel I would enjoy it. I have neither any lack of confidence nor lack of content to speak about.

Jobless

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
141%
Jun 8, 2017
EU
In my mind, great motivational speakers are more akin to religious leaders than salesmen. So, if you feel a calling to go preach, go do it and don't look back. If you view it from a material perspective though, I don't think it's a good idea.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA
It's Sashin Govender Sashin Link
Honestly, I cannot find anything anywhere that he is directly selling. His social media says to DM etc etc, I did but no reply yet.
Says he owns many companies etc, but my research online has not picked up much, I've only been able to assume that much of it comes from international speaking events and maybe teaching/coaching others, but I have no idea.
He's travelling maybe 5 times a month albeit business class.

I've watched a few videos of his, he has pictures & interviews with world reknowned guys, Robin Sharma, Les Brown, Martin Lawrence, Bob Proctor, Gary V ... the list goes on.
He mentioned the 1BIL USD sales (however, even if it is millions, it is STILL millions, nonetheless) on a video with R Sharma.
I understand the 'renting' thing, however, it is not cheap to even rent Ferraris or Lambos, etc.

I have no real experience speaking publically, however I am a good speaker & feel I would enjoy it. I have neither any lack of confidence nor lack of content to speak about.

Its actually right there in the link you provided.

"Sashin is also the founder of TMS (The Millionaire Student), which is a community / inner circle in which wisdom and EduTainment (Entertainment & Education) is taught, he also hosts a popular radio and tv show which he coaches, mentors and teaches people that regardless of age, place of residence, upbringing, status, and past experience, they can work smart to become or sustain being a millionaire by staying in student mode. The brand “ Win With Sashin – The Millionaire Student ” has become a household name in over 90+ countries and 6 continents."

SSTrey

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
87%
May 24, 2021
Its actually right there in the link you provided.

"Sashin is also the founder of TMS (The Millionaire Student), which is a community / inner circle in which wisdom and EduTainment (Entertainment & Education) is taught, he also hosts a popular radio and tv show which he coaches, mentors and teaches people that regardless of age, place of residence, upbringing, status, and past experience, they can work smart to become or sustain being a millionaire by staying in student mode. The brand “ Win With Sashin – The Millionaire Student ” has become a household name in over 90+ countries and 6 continents."
Sure. I get it, but it reminds me this entire paradox of practice thing. In any case, international speaking/coaching is where he has made such significant success.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.