The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Motivational Quotes

Rickson9

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Sep 4, 2010
Canada
"I'm not a businessman. I'm a business, man!" - JayZ

G

Guest3722A

"We have two ears and one mouth so that we can listen twice as much as we speak." -Epictetus

Graves

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
9%
Jan 31, 2011
"Too many people spend money they haven't earned to buy things they don't want, to impress people they don't like. " -Will Smith

taichijedi

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Feb 22, 2008
Philadelphia
When asked how he became so successful with computers, my best friend replied:

"Its simple. I spent a lot of time doing it, and I stand on the biggest pile of broken parts."

Rather sage wisdom, if you ask me. His failures were not detractions, but the foundation he built his skills upon.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
The day you stop pursuing your dream is the day you start to die; the day you start pursuing them is the day you start living.
~ MJ DeMarco

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Rickson9

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Sep 4, 2010
Canada
"The longer I live the more I see that I am never wrong about anything, and that all the pains that I have so humbly taken to verify my notions have only wasted my time."
- George Bernard Shaw (1856-1950)

"Much success can be attributed to inactivity. Most investors cannot resist the temptation to constantly buy and sell."
- Warren Buffett

"If you have more than 120 or 130 I.Q. points, you can afford to give the rest away. You don't need extraordinary intelligence to succeed as an investor."
-Warren Buffett

"The most important quality for an investor is temperament, not intellect... You need a temperament that neither derives great pleasure from being with the crowd or against the crowd."
- Warren Buffett

"The important thing is to keep playing, to play against weak opponents and to play for big stakes."
- Warren Buffett

"The definition of hell in the legal system is: endless due process and no justice; (in the corporate world) it would be: endless due diligence and no horse sense."
- Charlie Munger

"The whole concept of dividing it up into 'value' and 'growth' strikes me as twaddle. It's convenient for a bunch of pension fund consultants to get fees prattling about and a way for one advisor to distinguish himself from another. But, to me, all intelligent investing is value investing."
- Charlie Munger

"All intelligent investing is value investing - to acquire more than you are paying for. Investing is where you find a few great companies and then sit on your a$$.
- Charlie Munger

"Opportunity does not knock, it presents itself when you beat down the door."
- Kyle Chandler

"Volatility is a symptom that people have no idea of the underlying value--that they have stopped playing the asset game. They're not buying because it's a company with certain attributes. They're buying because the price is rising. People are playing games not related to any concept at all of what the long-term value of the enterprise is. And they know it."
- Jeremy Grantham, Grantham, Mayo, Van Otterloo & Co.

"When you mix raisins with turds, they are still turds."
- Charlie Munger

"When it comes to the future, there are three kinds of people: those who make it happen, those who let it happen, and those who wonder what happened."
- John M. Richardson, Jr.

"The most common cause of low prices is pessimism-some times pervasive, some times specific to a company or industry. We want to do business in such an environment, not because we like pessimism but because we like the prices it produces. It's optimism that is the enemy of the rational buyer."
- Warren Buffett

"Yes, risk-taking is inherently failure-prone. Otherwise, it would be called sure-thing taking."
- Tim McMahon

Graves

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
9%
Jan 31, 2011
"Money doesn’t make you happy.
I now have $50 million but I was just as happy when I had $48 million ! "
- Arnold Schwarzenegger

edit: Apparently it's not $49m but $48m, I saw the same quote on Peter2's profile and decided to check with google

"If you have more than 120 or 130 I.Q. points, you can afford to give the rest away. You don't need extraordinary intelligence to succeed as an investor."
-Warren Buffett

"The most important quality for an investor is temperament, not intellect... You need a temperament that neither derives great pleasure from being with the crowd or against the crowd."
- Warren Buffett
Speed !
About that, is it a good decision to "value short" an overpriced company ? I've tried googling on the subject but didn't find a clear answer yet. It it's profitable to buy an underpriced stock then it must be profitable to short an an overpriced stock, right ? People tell me stuff about how "your gain is limited with shortselling and your downside unlimited blahblah" but I don't really see how this makes long-term shorting bad.

PaulRobert

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
146%
May 15, 2009
New Jersey
"I Can I Will"

"He Who Knows How Will Always Work For He Who Knows Why."

"Find what you love in life so much that you would do it for free. Then find the people who will pay you to do it."

Graves

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
9%
Jan 31, 2011
Your third quote is A++.
___

Will Smith :
"Being 'realistic' is the biggest misconception of all time.
I mean, why would you be realistic ? What's the point of being realistic ?"

Graves

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
9%
Jan 31, 2011
"Computer science at school cannot make anybody an expert programmer any more than studying brushes and pigments can make somebody an expert painter"

Graves

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
9%
Jan 31, 2011
"Now more than ever, this planet needs creative problem solvers more than obedient drones."

valuegiver

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
19%
Aug 18, 2010
"I work 80 hours a week just so I do not have to work 40 for someone else." -- Erik Kimel

oddball

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
58%
Mar 8, 2011
Austin, TX
Business opportunities are like buses. There is always next one coming! - R. Branson

Wow, reading through these slowly I love this one. I always tell myself when I missed a stock or something I should have invested in. Thanks.

"Greed, for lack of a better word, is good."

"Bet big, win big."

Rickson9

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Sep 4, 2010
Canada
“To laugh often and much; to win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children...to leave the world a better place...to know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived. This is to have succeeded.” - Ralph Waldo Emerson

"Hard work beats skill until skill works hard."

Graves

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
9%
Jan 31, 2011
"How do I write books so fast ?
I don't know. I write a lot and drink a lot of Red Bull. " -Amanda Hocking

murphprodigy

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
10%
Nov 13, 2007
"Everyone wants to get big, but no one wants to lift no heavy a$$ weights" - ronnie coleman

^ meant for weightlifting but can really be applied to any aspect of life

Milenko

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Mar 6, 2011
Cleveland, OH
I asked God for strength, that I might achieve;
I was made weak, that I might learn to humbly obey.
I asked for health, that I might do greater things;
I was given infirmity, that I might do better things.
I asked for riches, that I might be happy;
I was give poverty, that I might be wise.
I asked for power, that I might have the praise of men;
I was given weakness, that I might feel the need for God.
I asked for all things, that I might enjoy life;
I was given life, that I might enjoy all things.
I got nothing that I asked for, but everything I had hoped for.
Almost despite myself, my unspoken prayers were answered.
I am, among men, most richly blessed.

- Unknown Confederate Soldier's prayer

Milenko

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Mar 6, 2011
Cleveland, OH
"It's easier to be comfortable than happy."

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act but a habit." - Aristotle

kristofferR

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
20%
Mar 24, 2011
http://kristofferR.com
This is an amazing thread. Even though I'm a quote fanatic I found a lot of quotes here I hadn't seen before.

I've collected all the best quotes I've found these last years (including in this thread) and now have over 400 quotes in my collection. It is available here:
kristofferR's most inspiring quotes

There are quotes with the ability to turn your life around there, like in this thread!

Paul Gallo

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
68%
Mar 24, 2011
NYC
"A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."

Winston Churchill

theBiz

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
46%
Jul 9, 2009
NY
“ASK ME for anything,†said Napoleon to his lieutenant. “Anything but time.â€

With those three words, Napoleon was referring to the binding agent of operational military art, the concept of “Time, Space, and Force.†What Napoleon was saying to his subordinate was that in the context of war, there are always setbacks.

Terrain, for example, is sometimes captured and lost to the enemy, but lost terrain can be regained.

Forces are lost in combat but can be rebuilt and reconstituted from the strategic reserve.

But lost time? Once it has passed, time is lost forever. You will never see it again, and no general, however great, can win it back.

kerron a

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
10%
Feb 11, 2011
Trinidad and Tobago
Your vision is fueled by passion and commitment. Destiny is your steering wheel, so mash that x of determination and turn that steering to navigate the obstacles and potholes on the road to your victory and breakthrough!

Elan Phillip

oddball

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
58%
Mar 8, 2011
Austin, TX
‎"You don't learn how to ride a bike by falling off it. You learn how to ride a bike by staying on."

Graves

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
9%
Jan 31, 2011
"Where did people learn that saving five dollars is better than earning five hundred? If the financial advice you’ve been getting hasn’t proven itself effective, then toss it out and rebuild your financial beliefs from ground zero. If you want to become a millionaire in 10 years or less, you can’t subscribe to the 40-year skimp-and-save approach. Sure you can save your way to a million in 40 years, but you can earn your way there a lot faster."

"Ready-fire-aim-fire-aim is better than Ready-aim-aim-aim-aim."

"You don't get money from your stocks until you sell them.
You don't get money from your ideas until you produce something with them."

Ferrari Girl

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
9%
Apr 3, 2011
I love a good motivational quote! I will add one I like here...

"Do a little more each day than you think you possibly can." Lowell Thomas

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.