The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Motivate me..! I just can't do the work..!

Appdeveloper

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
65%
Jan 4, 2020
At this stage I am all set to start working, but I just can't seem to do the work.
I actually even know what I have to do, how I have to do it , and why I must do it. But still I just can't start working on it..!

I find ways and invent new things to waste time.

I know the time is passing by and when I'll look back I'll be extremely sad for all the time I have wasted on useless shit. But still I am not able to do the work.

Every night I goto bed with full excitement and even wake up with full mood of doing the work.
Just after an hour of waking up, all my energy to work just disappears and I once again start wasting my time, I waste all day doing nothing..!

In short, what I need from you guys is some motivational/ scary / shocking information/ quotes/ few lines which I will read daily before I start wasting my time or read whenever I am about to waste my time. Write down some sentences which I can re- read again and again to get back to work instead of wasting my time. Teach me the value of time otherwise even though I know what I have to do and how, I'll still not be able to start., Just starting is not enough, I actually need to stick to it.

let me know about anything which helped you stop wasting your time and start doing the main work.

TIA

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Appdeveloper

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
65%
Jan 4, 2020
Motivation wont help you in the long run. Discipline kicks motivations a$$.
Yes your correct. I agree with you.
Self decipline is the key. Motivation will always wear of no matter what but still there can be some sentences which you guys can write down.
The only time when I am able to work all day is when I am approaching some sort of deadline. It's automatic. I don't need any discipline or motivation for that. I'll get back to work automatically when I am close to some deadline
I think what I need is fear? Correct me if I am wrong.

BizyDad

Keep going. Keep growing.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
416%
Oct 7, 2019
Phoenix AZ
Practice the habit of getting things done.

Start by finding your own motivational quotes instead of getting others to do the work. GTS. Google That Shiz. That would take less time than typing what you typed. Then come back here and share your 3 favorites.

Appdeveloper

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
65%
Jan 4, 2020
Practice the habit of getting things done.

Start by finding your own motivational quotes instead of getting others to do the work. GTS. Google That Shiz. That would take less time than typing what you typed. Then come back here and share your 3 favorites.
What are your favorite quotes related to time wasting?
I can't find any good ones. Already tried what you suggested.
I don't want you to do the work, instead share what you have learnt.

BizyDad

FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
416%
Oct 7, 2019
Phoenix AZ
I don't have favorite quotes related to time wasting.

And you freaking aren't searching hard enough. Man, if you can't find motivational quotes, if that's too hard for you, don't get into business yet. You ain't ready.

I heard this poem a few weeks ago, maybe it'll help you. It's called If

If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you,
If you can trust yourself when all men doubt you,
But make allowance for their doubting too;
If you can wait and not be tired by waiting,
Or being lied about, don’t deal in lies,
Or being hated, don’t give way to hating,
And yet don’t look too good, nor talk too wise:

If you can dream—and not make dreams your master;
If you can think—and not make thoughts your aim;
If you can meet with Triumph and Disaster
And treat those two impostors just the same;
If you can bear to hear the truth you’ve spoken
Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,
Or watch the things you gave your life to, broken,
And stoop and build ’em up with worn-out tools:

If you can make one heap of all your winnings
And risk it on one turn of pitch-and-toss,
And lose, and start again at your beginnings
And never breathe a word about your loss;
If you can force your heart and nerve and sinew
To serve your turn long after they are gone,
And so hold on when there is nothing in you
Except the Will which says to them: ‘Hold on!’

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
Or walk with Kings—nor lose the common touch,
If neither foes nor loving friends can hurt you,
If all men count with you, but none too much;
If you can fill the unforgiving minute
With sixty seconds’ worth of distance run,
Yours is the Earth and everything that’s in it,
And—which is more—you’ll be a Man, my son!

-Rudyard Kipling

If you need these words spoken to you every morning, here's you go:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6SfPf-_OavY

alexkuzmov

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
130%
Sep 20, 2019
Bulgaria
Yes your correct. I agree with you.
Self decipline is the key. Motivation will always wear of no matter what but still there can be some sentences which you guys can write down.
The only time when I am able to work all day is when I am approaching some sort of deadline. It's automatic. I don't need any discipline or motivation for that. I'll get back to work automatically when I am close to some deadline
I think what I need is fear? Correct me if I am wrong.
You need fear?
Why are you not afraid?
Do you think you`ll live forever? Be young forever?
Do you think time and desease will wait for you to start being afraid?
Are you immortal?

What you need is to stop kidding yourself.
Time waits for no one.
Here is something to consider, which should scare you if you understand what it means.
Tomorrow might be your last day on earth.
You may choke to death, slip and fall, suffocate in your home, be ran over by a truck, have a brain aneurysm etc. etc.
What will the book about "you" say if you die tomorrow?
The list of unexpected ways to die is endless, no one thinks it`ll be them, but yet, each year the statistics show that some of us experience a unexpected death.
So spare me your BS about not being motivated and wasting time.

You either get busy living, or you wait to get buried.
Your choice.

Appdeveloper

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
65%
Jan 4, 2020
Not everyone is cut out to be an entrepreneur.

If you can't bring yourself to do the work, it sounds like you're one of those people who aren't cut out for it.

Focus on building a skill, getting a good job and making as much money as you can the more traditional way.
This is false.
Not everyone is born with it. It's not really in thier genes. Entrepreneurs are made, you are saying me to give up because I wasn't born that way? Lmao
By work I mean not only revenue generating activities, but pretty much anything important ( ex studying).

BizyDad

FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
416%
Oct 7, 2019
Phoenix AZ
This is false.
Not everyone is born with it. It's not really in thier genes. Entrepreneurs are made, you are saying me to give up because I wasn't born that way? Lmao
By work I mean not only revenue generating activities, but pretty much anything important ( ex studying).
He didn't say anything about being born with it. Stop making excuses.

He said you aren't willing to do the work. And you are clearly not willing to do the work.

I gave you a task to do, you said it was too hard.

I even shared a YouTube channel full of motivational videos.

Did you check out the channel? Have you done the work yet?

Don't waste people's time by arguing with them. Go do the work. It's bad enough that you're wasting your own time, but now you're on here wasting other peoples.

You know what to do. Go do it.

Go find three quotes that motivate you. Come back here and share them. This forum comments are timestamped, let's see how long it takes you to do this.

Otherwise, if this is too hard for you, don't go into business. Go get a job where someone else is getting paid to keep you motivated. It's really that simple.

Think Expand

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
203%
Oct 30, 2019
At this stage I am all set to start working, but I just can't seem to do the work.
I actually even know what I have to do, how I have to do it , and why I must do it. But still I just can't start working on it..!

I know the time is passing by and when I'll look back I'll be extremely sad for all the time I have wasted on useless shit. But still I am not able to do the work.

Every night I goto bed with full excitement and even wake up with full mood of doing the work.
Just after an hour of waking up, all my energy to work just disappears and I once again start wasting my time, I waste all day doing nothing..!

In short, what I need from you guys is some motivational/ scary / shocking information/ quotes/ few lines which I will read daily before I start wasting my time or read whenever I am about to waste my time. Write down some sentences which I can re- read again and again to get back to work instead of wasting my time. Teach me the value of time otherwise even though I know what I have to do and how, I'll still not be able to start., Just starting is not enough, I actually need to stick to it.

let me know about anything which helped you stop wasting your time and start doing the main work.

TIA

Oh my goodness, if I can get your wasted time and add it to my productive time... I will be grateful.

Here's what to do to overcome the procrastination that is killing your dream.

1. Define your "why" for doing what you want to do.
2. Clarify your purpose, vision and legacy to leave in life.
3. Set a clear goal that you have a burning passion to do.
4. Develop the discipline of daily goal setting and planning.
5. Discipline yourself to do the most important things first and foremost.
6. If you don't know what to do or how to do it, just read, study and learn to know.
7. Organize what you read into a specific plan of action and start acting on it.
8. Divide your big goals into smaller achievable steps that can be done day by day.
9. Get on the grind and reward yourself for small successes.
10. Make friends with people who are crushing and making things happen.
11. Develop the daily habit of reading books or doing meditation in the morning.
12. Listen to audio motivations or audiobooks that will constantly inspire you to take action.
13. Get a mentor who can help you, in the beginning, to stay focused on your goals.
14. Consider refining and changing your old beliefs according to what @Kung Fu Steve's latest thread.
15. Read MJ's Fastlane Millionaire Book weekly and other related books to help.
16. Do a weekly review every Sunday and take stock of your achievements so far.
17. Always do a monthly, weekly and daily plans to stay focused.
18. Get rid of the time-wasting activities and distractors.
19. You might want to remove all social media apps on phone to stay focused.
20. Avoid parties, events and other time-wasting activities and stay focused on your goals.

I hope the above helps you to stay focused and get on the grind to achieve whatever you set to achieve. I've been there before... so I understand what you are going through. Just find your "Why" first and then proceed...

Last edited:

BizyDad

FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
416%
Oct 7, 2019
Phoenix AZ

amp0193

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
444%
May 27, 2013
United States
This is false.

Well prove him wrong then, by doing some work.

Or spend another day doing nothing, and prove him right.

ChrisGav

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
417%
Feb 15, 2019
Every time you don’t feel like doing anything, or you feel yourself avoiding doing real work and doing menial tasks say to yourself: “I’d rather waste my time than be successful”

“I’d rather live my life incarcerated in a corporate prison rather than do what it takes to make happen”

if you don’t feel any resistance in your brain when you make these statements, you may need to rethink. Saying those to yourself should ignite you if entrepreneurship is what you actually want.

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ

TIA

Its not motivation that you need. It’s desire and drive. You have to want something to make it happen. Reading a quote may pump you up for a day, but desire will keep you doing for months.

But you know this because you made this post. So you have to fix yourself from the inside. External factors will not drive you.

Bekit

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Aug 13, 2018

TIA

I know what it feels like to be frustrated with yourself because against your better judgment, you just won't do the work that moves the needle.

I know what it feels like to wake up all excited and optimistic, convinced that finally, THIS time, I'm actually going to work. And then you get to the end of the day, and again, you've wasted time and done none of the things you were supposed to do.

I know what it feels like to hate yourself because you keep wasting time. You watch your life passing by, and you know that you're hurting yourself by your actions, and yet you keep wasting time. It's as if you're addicted to a drug, and you keep taking the drug even when it's destroying your own health, your job, and your family relationships.

Here's the deal.

What you need is NOT some motivational/ scary / shocking information/ quotes. It won't help. You'll get all scared and shocked by the hideous prospects of how you could end up homeless and starving if you don't get yourself moving...only to disappoint yourself YET AGAIN when you STILL won't work. Or you'll amp yourself up with motivational quotes until you have a strong, sublime feeling...and still, nothing.

It will NOT help for you to read a few lines daily whenever you are about to waste your time. If you're not going to work, you're going to be able to waste time even if every square inch of your wall space is plastered with motivational quotes.

You don't need someone to teach you the value of time. You ALREADY KNOW the value of time, and you are wasting it anyway. You know that you have 24 hours in a day. You know that you are going to die.

Here are two steps that will help you.

NUMBER 1
The NUMBER 1 skill you need to develop now is this:

You need to develop the ability to decide to work, and then follow through.

In other words, you need to believe your own commitments to yourself.

You've got to get to the point where when you resolve something, you honor it.

You keep your word to yourself.

Right now, you you're doing the opposite. You resolve that you're going to work, and then you don't work.

In other words, you're betraying yourself on a daily basis.

What you're really doing is convincing yourself that you're helpless to make yourself work. You're training yourself with every repetition. "Yep, there I go again. I expected as much."

You've got to turn this around.

Here are a few tips and resources that can support you in getting there.
At the end of the day, the development of your own discipline boils down to this:

Practice actually doing work.

You need reps.

Break it down small enough to actually get some WINS and maintain a winning streak.

Right now, you're on a losing streak.

"Every day, I intend to work, but then I don't."

OK, that's a problem, but I assume you're asking this question because you actually want to turn it around.

So your "win" needs to happen in a MUCH smaller time frame than a day.

Break it down.

What's a unit of time that you can actually commit to working—and SUCCEED?

It might be an hour.

It might just be 5 minutes.

Maybe it's just ONE minute.

You need to start keeping your word to yourself.

Nobody is watching. Nobody knows what's going on with your time.

Only you do.

"I commit to working with focus and attention for the next 5 minutes."

And then do it.

Build up your reps.

You've got this.

NUMBER 2

My second piece of advice for you to implement now is to hate your temptations.

Identify your temptations. The things that pull you off track. Your vices.

And then regard them with fear, loathing, and hatred.

No more indulging and coddling your temptations. No more "just one more time."

You've got to come to the point where you FLEE these thieves.

Think of them like they're rattlesnakes.

If there was a rattlesnake on the floor under your computer workstation, you wouldn't shrug your shoulders and continue just mindlessly wasting time.

Are you complacent and apathetic about the times when you're off-track?

Let's say you're mindlessly scrolling through facebook.

You know you're off track.

You know you should stop it and go do something productive.

But you still just sit there.

"Just one more minute."

"I'll start working presently. I really will."

You wouldn't be saying, "I'll get away from this rattlesnake presently" if your facebook feed was a rattlesnake.

But your facebook feed (or whatever your favorite time waster is) is literally poisonous to your dreams.

It's venom.

It's death.

Are you going to tolerate this stupid time waster coming into your life and destroying your chance to get to the fastlane?

Or are you going to actually regard your time wasters with the hatred they deserve for robbing from you?

RUN AWAY from your temptations.

Do whatever you need to do to block them out of your life.

Whether that means getting apps that block your internet access, or finding an accountability partner, or whatever practical thing will support YOU, do it.

SEBASTlAN

Marketing Wizard
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
149%
Dec 22, 2014
Los Angeles
what I need from you guys is

So you want us to be responsible for your motivation and work ethic (or lack thereof)?

This is a flawed approach. Either you want to change your situation, or you don't. And right now it's clear you don't.

Last edited:

alexkuzmov

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
130%
Sep 20, 2019
Bulgaria
He didn't say anything about being born with it. Stop making excuses.

He said you aren't willing to do the work. And you are clearly not willing to do the work.

I gave you a task to do, you said it was too hard.

I even shared a YouTube channel full of motivational videos.

Did you check out the channel? Have you done the work yet?

Don't waste people's time by arguing with them. Go do the work. It's bad enough that you're wasting your own time, but now you're on here wasting other peoples.

You know what to do. Go do it.

Go find three quotes that motivate you. Come back here and share them. This forum comments are timestamped, let's see how long it takes you to do this.

Otherwise, if this is too hard for you, don't go into business. Go get a job where someone else is getting paid to keep you motivated. It's really that simple.
We got ghosted it seems...
no quotes provided

Lyinx

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
128%
Oct 28, 2019
Lancaster County, PA

Lyinx

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
128%
Oct 28, 2019
Lancaster County, PA
for me, one simple exercise:

what would I want my life to look like when I'm 50 years old? picture it in its entirety... I wake up in the morning, go out and work in the garden till 9... then go to my "job" which is at the shop 1/4 mile down the road... and spend 7 hours there, then come home again... wife and kids there...

now, what does it take to make that happen? how much of a debt load would you have at that time? would you have your house paid off? do you owe anyone anything? or are you completely paid off?
now, wake every morning and resolve to make that happen.

Raja

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
90%
Dec 31, 2019
I know what it feels like to be frustrated with yourself because against your better judgment, you just won't do the work that moves the needle.

I know what it feels like to wake up all excited and optimistic, convinced that finally, THIS time, I'm actually going to work. And then you get to the end of the day, and again, you've wasted time and done none of the things you were supposed to do.

I know what it feels like to hate yourself because you keep wasting time. You watch your life passing by, and you know that you're hurting yourself by your actions, and yet you keep wasting time. It's as if you're addicted to a drug, and you keep taking the drug even when it's destroying your own health, your job, and your family relationships.

Here's the deal.

What you need is NOT some motivational/ scary / shocking information/ quotes. It won't help. You'll get all scared and shocked by the hideous prospects of how you could end up homeless and starving if you don't get yourself moving...only to disappoint yourself YET AGAIN when you STILL won't work. Or you'll amp yourself up with motivational quotes until you have a strong, sublime feeling...and still, nothing.

It will NOT help for you to read a few lines daily whenever you are about to waste your time. If you're not going to work, you're going to be able to waste time even if every square inch of your wall space is plastered with motivational quotes.

You don't need someone to teach you the value of time. You ALREADY KNOW the value of time, and you are wasting it anyway. You know that you have 24 hours in a day. You know that you are going to die.

Here are two steps that will help you.

NUMBER 1
The NUMBER 1 skill you need to develop now is this:

You need to develop the ability to decide to work, and then follow through.

In other words, you need to believe your own commitments to yourself.

You've got to get to the point where when you resolve something, you honor it.

You keep your word to yourself.

Right now, you you're doing the opposite. You resolve that you're going to work, and then you don't work.

In other words, you're betraying yourself on a daily basis.

What you're really doing is convincing yourself that you're helpless to make yourself work. You're training yourself with every repetition. "Yep, there I go again. I expected as much."

You've got to turn this around.

Here are a few tips and resources that can support you in getting there.
At the end of the day, the development of your own discipline boils down to this:

Practice actually doing work.

You need reps.

Break it down small enough to actually get some WINS and maintain a winning streak.

Right now, you're on a losing streak.

"Every day, I intend to work, but then I don't."

OK, that's a problem, but I assume you're asking this question because you actually want to turn it around.

So your "win" needs to happen in a MUCH smaller time frame than a day.

Break it down.

What's a unit of time that you can actually commit to working—and SUCCEED?

It might be an hour.

It might just be 5 minutes.

Maybe it's just ONE minute.

You need to start keeping your word to yourself.

Nobody is watching. Nobody knows what's going on with your time.

Only you do.

"I commit to working with focus and attention for the next 5 minutes."

And then do it.

Build up your reps.

You've got this.

NUMBER 2

My second piece of advice for you to implement now is to hate your temptations.

Identify your temptations. The things that pull you off track. Your vices.

And then regard them with fear, loathing, and hatred.

No more indulging and coddling your temptations. No more "just one more time."

You've got to come to the point where you FLEE these thieves.

Think of them like they're rattlesnakes.

If there was a rattlesnake on the floor under your computer workstation, you wouldn't shrug your shoulders and continue just mindlessly wasting time.

Are you complacent and apathetic about the times when you're off-track?

Let's say you're mindlessly scrolling through facebook.

You know you're off track.

You know you should stop it and go do something productive.

But you still just sit there.

"Just one more minute."

"I'll start working presently. I really will."

You wouldn't be saying, "I'll get away from this rattlesnake presently" if your facebook feed was a rattlesnake.

But your facebook feed (or whatever your favorite time waster is) is literally poisonous to your dreams.

It's venom.

It's death.

Are you going to tolerate this stupid time waster coming into your life and destroying your chance to get to the fastlane?

Or are you going to actually regard your time wasters with the hatred they deserve for robbing from you?

RUN AWAY from your temptations.

Do whatever you need to do to block them out of your life.

Whether that means getting apps that block your internet access, or finding an accountability partner, or whatever practical thing will support YOU, do it.
Hi @Bekit,
After reading your entire thread and almost all posts, I was going to ask you this question.
Glad you replied.

Suryapratap

Last edited:

Raja

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
90%
Dec 31, 2019
for me, one simple exercise:

what would I want my life to look like when I'm 50 years old? picture it in its entirety... I wake up in the morning, go out and work in the garden till 9... then go to my "job" which is at the shop 1/4 mile down the road... and spend 7 hours there, then come home again... wife and kids there...

now, what does it take to make that happen? how much of a debt load would you have at that time? would you have your house paid off? do you owe anyone anything? or are you completely paid off?
now, wake every morning and resolve to make that happen.
One more similar approach from the book "The Tools" is,
Imagine yourself on death bed and saying to yourself in dying breath "don't waste time".

In my case I Imagine my loved ones because I don't care enough about myself.

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 8, 2019
Singapore

TIA
Have a punishment routine instead. Motivations are highly unreliable.

The most effective form of execution found in human civilization is military.

Example by 14.00 If I do not finished task A and B I will do x number of push up...That can be a good start.

Have a split personality : the instructor who gave the instruction and enforce punishment vs the private that is supposed to get things done. The natural human tendency is to be “more demanding” on others and “more forgiving” to oneself.

Archer_Zero

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
114%
Oct 2, 2020
First:
- if you procrastinate in your home
- try working somewhere else ( the library, a park, co-working space ... )

Second:
- I've read about a great system called the "Dedicated Space"
- simply create a dedicated setup for working & commit to never ever procrastinating in it ( a work room or a work desk or simply work clothes )
- if at any moment you decide to procrastinate, then you have to move your entire pc & charger to the Non-Work room ( or the non-work desk or change your clothes to the non-work clothes )
- this process makes switching from work to procrastination a bit of a hassle
- and helps you stop from checking a youtube video then another one then another one ...

Whatever works for you, I encourage you to find systemic solution to the problem, you are an entrepreneur & you have a problem so solve it :) .

Good luck & let me know how it goes

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
Not everyone is cut out to be an entrepreneur.

If you can't bring yourself to do the work, it sounds like you're one of those people who aren't cut out for it.

Focus on building a skill, getting a good job and making as much money as you can the more traditional way.
In this time of Zoom meetings and online work, even for regular employees, motivation still comes to play.

Even if OP jumps off the entrepreneurial bandwagon, the motivation problem will still come back.

As I'm finishing off my college degree while freelancing, I've taken an interest to watch subreddits like r/CollegeRant and even r/Professors to see what people (especially students) are jabbering out...and turns out, when you have regular feedback channels like live lectures and in-class exams disrupted, the drive in the kids fizzle out and they start missing classes or shirking work.

I'm also presently experiencing that with my own teammates for my capstone project in college...they don't mention they suffer from burnout or stuff, but they keep giving 'busy' excuses and their ideas for our business canvases screams 'lack of research'.

Of course I can hop in and fill in their contributions, but we wouldn't be able to call that a group assignment anymore, and I'll rate everyone zero on their peer review.

Ultimately, I think we'll have to see if we really want to achieve the goal or not.
Or if the processes or habits we are using to get there are draining us too much-and needs improvements.

By the way, I'm probably one of the laziest people you'd ever meet. I hate working. In fact, my disdain for working is what gives me the discipline to work my butt off in short spurts, so that I can avoid working the rest of the time. So, I'm not saying you need to work 80 hours per week to be successful. But, you do need to be able to work when it's necessary. And you can't seem to do even that.
It's more reasonable to actually work in short spurts, lazy or not.

How much brain-juice do we have in one day? Or how long can we totally concentrate on listening to a speech? 20-mins? I think every work I've done before- essays, copywriting drafts, proposals- for clients or not-could actually be done in a few hours, minus busy-work, social media raffling, initial prep-work and so on.

amp0193

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
444%
May 27, 2013
United States
this should be motivation enough

That's why I threw it out there.

I always find that disbelief from others lights a fire under my a$$ to prove them wrong.

Maybe it helps OP or maybe it doesn't.

@Bekit had a wonderful post that is really constructive.

Last edited:

sonny_1080

Creating a tool I want to use.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Oct 30, 2019
Los Angeles

TIA
Read the 12 Week Year by Moran and Levington

PapaGang

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
256%
Jul 10, 2019