- Joined
- Mar 3, 2014
- Messages
- 36
Rep Bank
$345
$345
User Power: 239%
For years, I have always heard people say that it is a sacrifice to be an entrepreneur. For the most part, I disagree with this, and I'll tell you why.
To me, the definition of sacrifice is to surrender something of value in order to receive some sort of greater benefit. While I do agree that in order to be a successful entrepreneur, you have to give things up that negate your progress, I disagree with the fact that this is really a true sacrifice. Instead, I believe most people use this as an excuse to not even begin putting in the effort to achieve entrepreneurial independence. They will say things like being an entrepreneur takes too much of my time, and I can't make that sacrifice right now. To me, this is really quite ironic considering how poorly most Slowlaners spend their time. These people have their idea of value all distorted in my opinion.
You know what I would consider a true sacrifice? Living every day for the weekend, believing you are at a comparative disadvantage because of the circumstances you are currently in, and failing to take your financial future into your own hands. These things are sacrifices because you are giving so much up when to pursue a path that is a bad trade-off. You sacrifice better health, wealth, and relationships for an ordinary existence. I will say it again, this is not a good trade off.
Therefore, being an entrepreneur isn't a sacrifice in my opinion, it's a valuable investment in tomorrow. It's something I look forward to, and I don't think it requires a loss of anything of true value.
Thanks for the reading. Tell me what you think about this. Am I right or wrong?
To me, the definition of sacrifice is to surrender something of value in order to receive some sort of greater benefit. While I do agree that in order to be a successful entrepreneur, you have to give things up that negate your progress, I disagree with the fact that this is really a true sacrifice. Instead, I believe most people use this as an excuse to not even begin putting in the effort to achieve entrepreneurial independence. They will say things like being an entrepreneur takes too much of my time, and I can't make that sacrifice right now. To me, this is really quite ironic considering how poorly most Slowlaners spend their time. These people have their idea of value all distorted in my opinion.
You know what I would consider a true sacrifice? Living every day for the weekend, believing you are at a comparative disadvantage because of the circumstances you are currently in, and failing to take your financial future into your own hands. These things are sacrifices because you are giving so much up when to pursue a path that is a bad trade-off. You sacrifice better health, wealth, and relationships for an ordinary existence. I will say it again, this is not a good trade off.
Therefore, being an entrepreneur isn't a sacrifice in my opinion, it's a valuable investment in tomorrow. It's something I look forward to, and I don't think it requires a loss of anything of true value.
Thanks for the reading. Tell me what you think about this. Am I right or wrong?
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
