The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Most of you will never make it. Sad!

Topics relating to managing people and relationships
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast

Brander

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Jun 3, 2011
Australia, USA, Europe
So I watched it all, then watched his youtube videos. It's not that the information is wrong or overtly trying to sell something. I just think the presentation needed polishing and a big-hit nugget of information somewhere in it. This seams to parallel his content in this thread.

@Brander I think if you work on your copywriting, imagery and a few social graces - you might just put together something that can really help somebody. Real value. I would watch it, staying tuned.

Thank you. I appreciate a thoughtful reply.

I am in the seeding stage of the channel, the presentation is of less importance than the content. Remember all this is off-the cuff, when some experience is recalled I turn on the camera and go. I might as well use my daily walk to help someone. One of my mottos is "help someone, anyone, each day". I enjoy it. If someone stops watching because they would rather be dazzled or entertained than it's not for them.

If the channels picks up in the next 6 months then you can bet production value will increase as I'll hire a professional.

Regarding so-called "social graces". I hit back when attacked 2x as hard, but mostly ignore or mock stupidity and primitive behavior. Being something I'm not on video would mean denying myself. Remember, this is a hobby to help OTHERS atm, I gain nothing by doing this but maybe some karma that someone's light bulb has switched on.

Last edited:

jpanarra

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
293%
Jan 9, 2014
Indianapolis, Indiana
It's simple, when someone's a dick to me, they are going to get it back 2x fold. "Start none, it'll be none."

Why? Time and Energy can be spent better elsewhere... Riling people up will not help you in the long run..

Ninjakid

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
217%
Jun 23, 2014
Buddy Guy Eh
It's simple, when someone's a dick to me, they are going to get it back 2x fold. "Start none, it'll be none."
LOL because you're such a special snowflake right? GTFO

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

lowtek

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
332%
Oct 3, 2015
Phoenix, AZ
Are you using some sort of "repel to attract" type marketing strategy?

While you may think you're just "hitting back 2x as hard", it comes across as caustic and overtly aggressive. In other words, a disproportionate response.

The forum is mostly skeptical of people, as we see many who post these sorts of videos come and go. Often, with nothing of real substance ( with respect to their accomplishments ) to back them up. The response to this sort of content is therefore tepid at best, and generally ice cold.

Seems like you've had some prior success, so congrats on that. Perhaps our skepticism is invalid.

Regardless, You would have a much better time if you didn't take yourself so seriously.

Brander

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Jun 3, 2011
Australia, USA, Europe
Why? Time and Energy can be spent better elsewhere... Riling people up will not help you in the long run..
I've ignored most of the posts, responded only to to the most vile and aggressive and even those not directly. I guess people don't watch and make nasty comments because reasons. And unfortunately THEY are the ones "riling" anything. As MJ said, this is a general video, for general audiences, anyone identifying with it on this forum says more about them than anything else.

Always happy to engage in thoughtful discussion, though, as time permits...

Brander

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Jun 3, 2011
Australia, USA, Europe
Are you using some sort of "repel to attract" type marketing strategy?

While you may think you're just "hitting back 2x as hard", it comes across as caustic and overtly aggressive.

Please spare me the "I'm a victim here". You said many disparaging things in this thread in regards to me, I never responded. I get the manipulative "He cries out in pain as he strikes you." vibe from you.

lowtek

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
332%
Oct 3, 2015
Phoenix, AZ
Please spare me the "I'm a victim here". You said many disparaging things in this thread in regards to me, I never responded. I get the manipulative "He cries out in pain as he strikes you." vibe from you.

That was my first comment on the thread. I've never said anything disparaging about you.

jpanarra

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
293%
Jan 9, 2014
Indianapolis, Indiana
I've ignored most of the posts, responded only to to the most vile and aggressive and even those not directly. I guess people don't watch and make nasty comments because reasons. And unfortunately THEY are the ones "riling" anything. As MJ said, this is a general video, for general audiences, anyone identifying with it on this forum says more about them than anything else.

Always happy to engage in thoughtful discussion, though, as time permits...

Maybe take a step back and reflect on what you're saying... Why are you responding to the most vile and aggressive. Your comment just doesn't make sense..

GoodluckChuck

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
419%
Feb 2, 2017
my house
Thanks for the fuel. I didn't need to watch the video to get fired up about kicking a$$ today.

G

GuestUser4aMPs1

Hey!

Just checked out the rest of your channel, but I'm a little confused by your first videos...

Sharks.png

They're all 90% dislikes - clickbait titles, still photo videos w/ background music, and a single broken link to an eccomerce site.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mm_51JSjebk&ab_channel=LazyTycoon

*record scratch*

F'n seriously?

Since you're in the habit of clickbaiting and siphoning large amounts of traffic to your sites (as you've clearly done here as well),
then maybe you should spend less time on Fastlane and more time publishing a case study with the rest of the wantrepreneur scum on BlackHatWorld.

But no worries, I'm not going to bash your little hobby.
Have fun on your neurotic rambling walks in the park.

Leave creating real businesses with real value up to us.

p.s.
dont-feed-the-trolls-meme-03.jpg

Almantas

Nothing to Lose
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
475%
Dec 21, 2015
Ireland
506ed8c744cc4fa3757b7af8c2abd38a.jpg

EvanOkanagan

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
377%
Aug 2, 2013
All of the content of I've seen from you so far is really bad and poor quality.

The majority of people watching your videos don't like them, and you also have very little views.

Why do you continue down a path that's clearly not working for you?

GMSI7D

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
Jan 27, 2016
Lyon, France
Bravo. Only you and you alone can determine what YOU need out of life. Once you achieve the list you made by asking what would you regret not doing if you were dying right now ONLY then would it be prudent to start knocking out less important things. A billionaire that has regrets on his deathbed is a loser in life.

yes

you are part of the minority of guys here that aren't lured by wealth .

you are the guy on the boat , hearing the mermaids without being lured.

my definition of wealth is very simple : having my bills paid in order to have my time back to do things that don't need money

and are real value for me

that's why i never play the mega lotteries. i sometimes play what i call the freedom lotteries that will pay my bills because, while the odds ara against me, this is still a way out.

life is so absurd that anything can happen even winning the lottery .

at 41 , i now know that stupidity is often rewarded in life, sometimes against reason

that's why i balance reason with inspiration to cover all possibilities

sirène.jpg

AgainstAllOdds

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
647%
Dec 26, 2014
Chicago, IL

Brander

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Jun 3, 2011
Australia, USA, Europe
Hey!

Just checked out the rest of your channel, but I'm a little confused by your first videos...

View attachment 16418

They're all 90% dislikes - clickbait titles, still photo videos w/ background music, and a single broken link to an eccomerce site.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mm_51JSjebk&ab_channel=LazyTycoon

*record scratch*

F'n seriously?

Since you're in the habit of clickbaiting and siphoning large amounts of traffic to your sites (as you've clearly done here as well),

View attachment 16419
You would be surprised how little traffic you all create. Regarding value, you can watch my video in my signature. You can lead the blind man and all that...

BrooklynHustle

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
207%
Apr 3, 2014
DMV

ddzc

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
216%
May 22, 2012
Toronto
Because dude's an idiot loser.

Can we #landfill this thread already?

^^this

Dudes clearly an MJ wannabe. The video content is badly regurgitated from MJs, same terminology and word sets were used in the first minute, which is all I watched before my ears started bleeding. The only difference is, MJs video content provides actual useful content and it coincides with the content written out in his books, it makes sense and ties together perfectly. This guys video is just random, stupid, and annoying. What value are you providing exactly by dictating to people that they wont get anywhere because they're lazy asses? No fkn shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.