The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

You Will Never Be A Millionaire!

Wal-Mart Vendor

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Feb 18, 2015
USA
I received this text a few years back from a very close family member. It said " Your always chasing shadows, always dreaming of becoming a millionaire, haven't you gone down this road too many times? There's something wrong here"!

I kept it and looked at it almost everyday! What he did not know is he did nothing more then motivate me! Don't let ANYONE stop you from living your dreams! How can you be a failure if you never try? 10541984_327758170738045_1640243692922539004_n.jpg

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Sean Marshall

Independent since 2010
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
704%
Aug 17, 2011
San Diego, CA
What he did not know is he did nothing more then motivate me!

It's said that revenge is a powerful motivator. It's not necessarily revenge in this case but you know what I mean. Messages like that can be extremely motivational. Use the energy to catapult you right into what you want to achieve.

I love the quote by our own Allen Crawley who said, "Work hard in silence. Let success be your noise". LOVE IT!

Wal-Mart Vendor

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Feb 18, 2015
USA
I could not understand anyone saying that to me, especially my family. I went from only having a 10th grade education to owning my own business, home, cars, so what is wrong with wanting enough to have a good retirement and leave some to my kids? It's pure jealousy!

I had to fight for everything I have now! Still pisses me off...a**hole!!!

Wal-Mart Vendor

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Feb 18, 2015
USA
It's said that revenge is a powerful motivator. It's not necessarily revenge in this case but you know what I mean. Messages like that can be extremely motivational. Use the energy to catapult you right into what you want to achieve.

I love the quote by our own Allen Crawley who said, "Work hard in silence. Let success be your noise". LOVE IT!
That's an awesome quote!!

Ninjakid

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
217%
Jun 23, 2014
Buddy Guy Eh
I could not understand anyone saying that to me, especially my family. I went from only having a 10th grade education to owning my own business, home, cars, so what is wrong with wanting enough to have a good retirement and leave some to my kids?

Oftentimes people will only like you if you aren't doing so well. But when you're living well, that's when people have a problem.

It's the people who are stuck in their own rut who want to see you in the same hole.

V8Bill

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
334%
Feb 9, 2012
Australia
The problem with some family members is they think they're better than you so if you start to become successful (let alone a bona fide millionaire) that proves that you're better than them (in their warped way of thinking) and that blows their minds.

Another thing that often happens in these situations is they fear losing you. They fear losing your company and leaving them out of your new group of friends. They don't consider that you'll take them with you because "they could never become a millionaire". When you leave to hang out with all your "rich" friends you'll leave them behind and they like things just the way they are so they try to keep you down under the guise of "keeping you safe from disappointment". So they feed their own doubts by projecting them onto you.

The ultimate irony will be if you become a millionaire to go back and thank them (or even better - thank them publicly in a speach) for sending you that message because it was largely responsible for spurring you onto to be your best and serve millions. They'll love that...lol

mws87

talk less, listen more.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
198%
May 5, 2015
California
I could not understand anyone saying that to me, especially my family.
It challenges their beliefs, their reality. Humans tend to have a "center-of-the-world" syndrome (I'm sure there's a scientific term for it, but, it escapes me.) You see, most people live life believing their reality, their world, beliefs, etc. are ideal and absolute. Then, when someone comes along who challenges that, they feel the need to defend those beliefs. Hell, some people will WANT you to fail, crash, and burn just so, in the end, they can feel they were right all along; nobody likes putting their own foot in their mouth.

On the other hand, a lot of family--from what I've seen, anyway--doesn't know exactly where your mind is at. They don't know what you're thinking, how you're going to do it. They see things like this as nothing more than delusions of grandeur. Remember: people are conditioned through their entire lives to think and act a certain way.

As mentioned, the best thing to do is show, not tell. The best revenge is living well/success/etc.

Keep your victories private until they're too massive to conceal. Then, all those people who said you can't will desire to know how you did.

kelley

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Apr 1, 2016
I received this text a few years back from a very close family member. It said " Your always chasing shadows, always dreaming of becoming a millionaire, haven't you gone down this road too many times? There's something wrong here"!

I kept it and looked at it almost everyday! What he did not know is he did nothing more then motivate me! Don't let ANYONE stop you from living your dreams! How can you be a failure if you never try? View attachment 11902
agreed

SteveO

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
456%
Jul 24, 2007
Straight to anger! I understand this but it does not do you any good. I don't even see how it can be motivating. Let it go.

So what if you had to fight for everything? So what if someone said words you don't agree with. So what about feeling the victim....

D

Deleted20833

Haters gonna hate

When I was losing weight (I use to weigh 270lbs) my FAMILY was telling
me I was getting "too skinny" I was looking "anorexic"

While at the same time STRANGERS were telling me I looked great

Sometimes the closest to you will hate the most

kelley

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Apr 1, 2016

good quote

Salvador8907

1 AU
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
126%
Jan 15, 2016
1 AU

I kept it and looked at it almost everyday! What he did not know is he did nothing more then motivate me! Don't let ANYONE stop you from living your dreams! How can you be a failure if you never try? View attachment 11902
Have you become a millionaire?

Salvador8907

1 AU
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
126%
Jan 15, 2016
1 AU
Straight to anger! I understand this but it does not do you any good. I don't even see how it can be motivating. Let it go.

So what if you had to fight for everything? So what if someone said words you don't agree with. So what about feeling the victim....
What if it's your own mother? Just today at a hotel room while vacationing, I had a screaming fight, I snapped at her. I feel bad, and I'm 18 a child in her eyes....

Wal-Mart Vendor

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Feb 18, 2015
USA
It challenges their beliefs, their reality. Humans tend to have a "center-of-the-world" syndrome (I'm sure there's a scientific term for it, but, it escapes me.) You see, most people live life believing their reality, their world, beliefs, etc. are ideal and absolute. Then, when someone comes along who challenges that, they feel the need to defend those beliefs. Hell, some people will WANT you to fail, crash, and burn just so, in the end, they can feel they were right all along; nobody likes putting their own foot in their mouth.

On the other hand, a lot of family--from what I've seen, anyway--doesn't know exactly where your mind is at. They don't know what you're thinking, how you're going to do it. They see things like this as nothing more than delusions of grandeur. Remember: people are conditioned through their entire lives to think and act a certain way.

As mentioned, the best thing to do is show, not tell. The best revenge is living well/success/etc.

Keep your victories private until they're too massive to conceal. Then, all those people who said you can't will desire to know how you did.
Really good advise ty. I have to admit I DO have a problem wanting to spout my mouth off when things go my way. I have always had this problem..maybe it's a female thing idk? I have a big case of the "Look at Me". Not proud of it for sure.

Wal-Mart Vendor

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Feb 18, 2015
USA

Excuse me, but I do not feel like a victim! I shared this with much humility and was honest hoping it would help someone else.

V8Bill

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
334%
Feb 9, 2012
Australia
I need to get a harder shell
Not really. It hurts when people attack you in any form. What matters (and what you can work on) is how much it hurts and how long you let it affect you. Acknowledge being pissed off for 2 minutes but then let it go. Every time it comes up just acknowledge it, feel it - even debate it in your mind (or call them names) for a moment to see if you can strip away some of it's power - then let it go.

You can't avoid emotions and feelings but you can decide how and for how long they affect you.

Last edited:

SteveO

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
456%
Jul 24, 2007
What if it's your own mother? Just today at a hotel room while vacationing, I had a screaming fight, I snapped at her. I feel bad, and I'm 18 a child in her eyes....
Think about the effect that you are having on your mother and the effect you are allowing her to have on you. Arguments and disagreements don't do anything to help. Feeling bad does not help either. Realize who you are as a person.

Dwight Schrute

Ludicrous Speed
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
287%
Oct 27, 2014
where eagles dare
31269705.jpg

Glad to meet another member of the nowadays rare "I don't thrive by thinking positively"-crowd :rockon:

V8Bill

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
334%
Feb 9, 2012
Australia
Is this true? We all get attacked on a regular basis. Why do some handle it better than others? It has more to do with how you accept the energy.
Sure, that's the initial reaction but if people (you care about) are telling you that you're a hopeless fool (for example) that would "hurt" initially and maybe for a little while but it doesn't have to stop you in your tracks and leaving you a moping mess for the next 10 years. You feel it, assess it and dismiss it if you want to eventually move on. Some people do this so fast that it looks like nothing affects them ever at all. It does, just for not as long. The faster you can get over stuff, the faster you'll get moving again.

Last edited:

SteveO

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
456%
Jul 24, 2007
Excuse me, but I do not feel like a victim! I shared this with much humility and was honest hoping it would help someone else.
Was not intending on degrading you at all. I do think that getting angry over perceived negativity from someone else, puts you into that category.

SteveO

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
456%
Jul 24, 2007
You feel it, assess it and dismiss it if you want to eventually move on
Yes sir!!! Perhaps the eventually could be moved up a bit.:)

Last edited:

V8Bill

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
334%
Feb 9, 2012
Australia
Yes sir!!! Perhaps the eventually could be moved up a bit. :)
Yep, that's the part I work on. Shortening that time between "pissed off" and "over it". In traffic I've got it down to almost instant.

SteveO

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
456%
Jul 24, 2007
Yep, that's the part I work on. Shortening that time between "pissed off" and "over it". In traffic I've got it down to almost instant.
I have been working on the "getting pissed" part myself. In fact, I have been working on that for many years. We have automatic responses to everything based our belief systems. Without those reactions, our choices are different. The direction that we lean and decisions we make will change if we change our automatic responses to items we are faced with.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.