The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Monetizing a passion as a side hustle

ChrisGav

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
417%
Feb 15, 2019
Hey friends,
It's cheesy, I know. Follow your passion! yada yada yada. I have a few other side hustles I'm doing but have a true love for history. My ideology here is simple. I'm currently personally training teenagers as it's something I know how to do. It's not my long term goal, but brings me income now. I sell things online as well and currently have a job. But I keep thinking to myself "how can I utilize my night time more to take more action?". So I conjured up this idea of sharing my love for history in the forms of youtube videos, social media, and blogs. Now the tricky part... how can this be monetized? As history is more of something that doesn't actually add value unless it's other history nuts like myself who are just curious about what the hell has happened in the past. I wouldn't necessarily have a product or service I'm offering anyone aside the fact of entertainment and solving the curiosity that us history buffs have.

Thanks in advance, much love.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Bearcorp

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
237%
Jul 2, 2012
Australia
Have you checked out your potential competition? Kings and General's is a You Tube channel with 800k subscribers and a huge video catalogue, and they're asking for donations. History in Pictures is a Facebook page with 4 million followers, and from what I can see no obvious revenue stream. Start digging around whats out there and wether you think you could do it better or not, or find a NEED within the space to try and capitalise on it.

ChrisGav

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
417%
Feb 15, 2019
Have you checked out your potential competition? Kings and General's is a You Tube channel with 800k subscribers and a huge video catalogue, and they're asking for donations. History in Pictures is a Facebook page with 4 million followers, and from what I can see no obvious revenue stream. Start digging around whats out there and wether you think you could do it better or not, or find a NEED within the space to try and capitalise on it.
Great advice! thanks!

100ToOne

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
204%
Jul 1, 2018
You can start making YouTube/blog/social media videos about your passion if there will be people who wil find it valuable. And usually you will find them.

As for monetization there are many ways. You can have an adsense income from views.

As a long term income you can:

* write an e-book and promote in the videos

* create an INSIDERS group with subscription for top fans where you'll make private valuable videos/discussions (like this forum)

* sell merchandise

* sponsored products

And the list never ends tbh

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

ChrisGav

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
417%
Feb 15, 2019
You can start making YouTube/blog/social media videos about your passion if there will be people who wil find it valuable. And usually you will find them.

As for monetization there are many ways. You can have an adsense income from views.

As a long term income you can:

* write an e-book and promote in the videos

* create an INSIDERS group with subscription for top fans where you'll make private valuable videos/discussions (like this forum)

* sell merchandise

* sponsored products

And the list never ends tbh
I love this thank you.
I thought about the subscription base, but what came to mind was it doesn't innately offer any value. So like this forum, offers value in that it helps people get business advice, life advice, how to start etc. But a subscription to simply hear about history that someone can find on youtube and the internet without paying seems difficult. Thoughts?
Thank you for your tips they are greatly appreciated!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.