The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

MJ is offering free mentoring!!!

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

keza

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
15%
Feb 29, 2012
What are the top paying affiliate programs ? Is there any resources for good affiliate programs ?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
What are the top paying affiliate programs ? Is there any resources for good affiliate programs ?

Seriously? Does this have anything to do with the thread? One more and you're done.

Eskil

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
418%
Jul 18, 2012
Scottsdale, AZ

Lol.... amazing post and really on topic!
Dude, you're not even Parked. Your reputation speed should be "In Reverse".

Mike39

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Mar 17, 2012
Orlando, FL
.............................:iamwithstupid:........................

Some people just aren't cut out for this....

Aidan

Next Year, you will wish you had started Today.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Jun 13, 2014
Toronto, Canada
Bumping this thread, and for a good reason. Snowbank speaks the truth.

Since reading MFL, and discovering these forums; I've noticed multiple users constantly posting the same jabber over and over every single day. The same questions, and the same reiterated responses.

While this forum is a very useful treasure trove of information, I really don't think many users are using it efficiently, or are using their own time efficiently despite many of the teaching's we've learned and ironically preach.

I am personally as of now, only going to visit here once a week. Sure it feels productive talking about being rich, and making money all the time; spending hours every day in here (any many other websites) instead of actually working hard at your goal, is ultimately destructive and will bring you no further to your destination tomorrow, and the day afterward.

Of course helping others is fantastic, but why help others when you haven't even helped yourself yet? Why should others follow advice from someone who doesn't even follow their own advice?

Go to the first post in this thread. Snowbank's post is from four years ago, but many users in this forum clearly haven't learned from history. When we don't learn from History, we're bound to make the same mistakes over and over again. It's a lovely refresher on spending your own time wisely, and respecting the time of others.

/my two cents

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
It would be more productive with an index of important information, versus sifting through threads wasting time. Not to mention when you do, you find broken links. But I suppose the forum has it's purposes on the opposite end of the spectrum discussing projects.

AllenCrawley

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
420%
Oct 13, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ
It would be more productive with an index of important information, versus sifting through threads wasting time. Not to mention when you do, you find broken links. But I suppose the forum has it's purposes on the opposite end of the spectrum discussing projects.

Volunteering? ;):p

TedM

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
136%
May 21, 2013
Israel
index of important information
that is a HIGHLY subjective term.

if you think about a college course: back when i was in school, an average class met 3 hours/week and was expected to have 2X out-of-class study.

I guess if one were to spend 6 - 8 hours a week for 8 weeks looking through threads purposefully - you'd gain a lot and have a good idea of where to look (an old hint: any thread that zen*******, Vigilante and Eskil participate in would get you pretty far along...).

but, to do a real service to the community - take up Allen's challenge!

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
Some point in time I would volunteer. Not saying there isn't important information in threads and discussions. Just depends on what level the person is in learning stuff. I like getting to the point what you need to know. What's going to make you a success? Facts and not fiction.

It's just part of the process I suppose. I just think sometimes it's easier to go straight to the valuable information versus reading so much about other people's projects. Which is necessary, but would be kind of nice if you have the option to go to the source, or go to the discussion if that's possible. Both are useful.

I suppose it's about making relationships that last too.

devine

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Apr 16, 2015
Russia
I was going to start a post about this but I think this thread is a good place to add it.

Many posters here are very open and openly offer their golden advice. There are always people in the world who have no visions of their own or thoughts of their own and basically will just flat out copy the successful people here.

It is very annoying for me to see someone copy one of my sites or one of my friend's sites. But it is very satisfying to see that site make no income, get crushed or disappear months later.

If you are someone like that, realize that you will get crushed if that's as far as your mind goes. If someone is selling shoelaces successfully and all you do is copy them and sell shoelaces you will always be one step behind. You see the person is successful because of the hard work and thought process going on behind the store or the site. Think for a second. If I told you to go buy a domain name then I uploaded to it an exact copy a successful website and say "here you go", what do you do next?
Bumping this.

Nemolein

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
110%
Nov 12, 2017
Brazil
Bump. This thread must be read by those who frequently are going to ask sh*t that it doesnt bring a interesting discussion.

Santi M

See you on the fastlane
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
140%
Jul 22, 2018
Fastlane
When you mentioned this, I immediately thought of the book
Hello MJ I don't know if I have misunderstood something because of my english understanding, if so, I'm sorry but, What book are you refering to?

FacingReality

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
67%
Aug 15, 2019
The Netherlands
To give a simple example let's take a poker player. I could show them how to print money playing poker. I could give them a formula to beat the smaller games and they would be able to beat them. If players at those levels improved, then what would happen? Well, they would either:

a. lose
b. move down to even smaller stakes and decrease their earn to make sure they kept winning
c. beg me to give them a new formula so they can keep printing the same money

Since they had not been trained why they were making the plays they were making, they would not be much smarter of a poker player, and would not know how to adjust if the games got more difficult. They were just a human robot doing something that could make them money, without actually learning something other than to copycat a successful strategy. If a year later games change they need a whole new strategy based on how the game has evolved, since they weren't trained to think, they were just trained what to do.
F*ck this is me... I'm going to think about this and look for WHYs
If you are not sure where to start and want to make good use of your time on the forums, read posts by successful people. Ignore all other posts. Why do you want to read posts and/or ask questions about how to be rich by people who aren't rich. That has always seemed very weird to me.(don't get me confused I'm not saying don't talk to other people in the forum. it's great to make new friends with people with similar mindsets. if you want to get rich just spend your 'learning to get rich' time reading posts from those who are actually rich)
And this is my next action here

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.