The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Millionaire Fastlane, The Updated Version!

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Just an FYI ...

The Millionaire Fastlane was recently updated and "refreshed". Those changes are now live on most eBook platforms and will start happening in print by late July, early August. If you purchased the eBook version somewhere, you should be able to download the updated version at no charge.

While the basic content of the book has not changed (the content is transcendent, so not much needed changing -- and yes, not many people will notice any significant changes) here are some of the things that were updated...

1. Improved editing.
  2. I updated my "current lifestyle" (my lifestyle has changed a bit in 8 years, for instance "old TMF " says I have a mortgage -- I haven't had a mortgage in 7 years. I also haven't owned a Lambo in just as many years.)
  3. Re-arranging of "CENTS" chapters into CENTS.
  4. Some updated statistics to reflect more recent data
  5. Various updates to reflect a more modern time, for instance, cryptocurrency.
Again, very subtle differences that very few will detect. IMO, it reads much better.

While I could have labeled the newer TMF as a "new edition" I decided to keep it the same simply because a reader who read it in 2011 might not see any difference than the 2018 version other than it has some 2017 statistics and references.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)
thank you for the forum & books, its been a long time between when i first read and now although im literally seeing the end of the tunnel, my business is making sales and all i need to do is scale out & feel close to escaping the rat race.

thanks again for your book, hope to meet you one day!

masterneme

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
256%
Apr 13, 2015
I guess the Spanish version will be released with the updates, right?

Determined2012

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
108%
Jun 22, 2012
Chicago, IL
TMFL is a timeless classic! This book has changed me and my life forever. I am so thankful. I just wish I would have found it sooner!

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast

LynetteP

This will be car photo when I get a rocket again
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
146%
Apr 13, 2018
Tennessee
Just an FYI ...
  1. Re-arranging of "CENTS" chapters into CENTS.
Makes sense, lol. Sorry couldn't help myself...

Thanks for telling us the difference- I still plan to get the new print version after I finish Walter's books. :)

Scot

Salad Dressing Empire
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
472%
Jul 10, 2016
Florida
Just an FYI ...

The Millionaire Fastlane was recently updated and "refreshed". Those changes are now live on most eBook platforms and will start happening in print by late July, early August. If you purchased the eBook version somewhere, you should be able to download the updated version at no charge.

While the basic content of the book has not changed (the content is transcendent, so not much needed changing -- and yes, not many people will notice any significant changes) here are some of the things that were updated...

1. Improved editing.
  2. I updated my "current lifestyle" (my lifestyle has changed a bit in 8 years, for instance "old TMF " says I have a mortgage -- I haven't had a mortgage in 7 years. I also haven't owned a Lambo in just as many years.)
  3. Re-arranging of "CENTS" chapters into CENTS.
  4. Some updated statistics to reflect more recent data
  5. Various updates to reflect a more modern time, for instance, cryptocurrency.
Again, very subtle differences that very few will detect. IMO, it reads much better.

While I could have labeled the newer TMF as a "new edition" I decided to keep it the same simply because a reader who read it in 2011 might not see any difference than the 2018 version other than it has some 2017 statistics and references.

Any updates on the hardback ?

dgr

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
271%
Feb 20, 2016
Spain
I guess the Spanish version will be released with the updates, right?
Is going to have a Spanish version? Greeeeat! A lot of people around me avoid to read it because their level of English is less than basic.

I always say that it's worth to learn English just to be able to read it :D

Enviado desde mi MotoG3 mediante Tapatalk

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

FastNAwesome

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
May 23, 2011
Something about hearing your voice MJ and your old videos on YouTube that just kicks my a$$ and makes sure I don’t get entangled in the script thinking!

+1.

@MJ DeMarco You're an awesome speaker.

Grateful for your videos old and new.

masterneme

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
256%
Apr 13, 2015

Dunkafelics

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
229%
Jun 12, 2015
Vancouver, Canada
@MJ DeMarco

A little late to this post, but thanks for the updates!

As much as they might be little updates... they will be beneficial to us readers and it will be great to see how your lifestyle has changed over the years.

I am also excited to see the CENTS framework uniform throughout the books now.

TYLER WALL

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
256%
Jan 10, 2018
Seattle
I just got to the CENTS piece of Unscripted . Most excellent.

After reading it, I realized that was one of my favorite things about these books/ideas/philosophy...The diagrams and systems that MJ created. Such simple and well explained concepts. Why aren't these taught in schools?

This shit is gold.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Why aren't these taught in schools?

Because the knowledge on how to escape your economic slavery isn't good for the status quo ... in ancient times, slaves weren't taught how to read or write, much less how to shoot a gun. In modern times, you won't be taught how to escape the system, but will be taught how to become part of it.

TYLER WALL

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
256%
Jan 10, 2018
Seattle
Because the knowledge on how to escape your economic slavery isn't good for the status quo ... in ancient times, slaves weren't taught how to read or write, much less how to shoot a gun. In modern times, you won't be taught how to escape the system, but will be taught how to become part of it.
If you had kids, hypothetically, would you homeschool them? I'm nowhere near being ready for kids in my life, but this thought has crossed my mind. There are schools that don't put kids through the same crap we went through, and embedding these ideas early in life is such a powerful position to grow from.

That being said, its clearly never too late to begin...here we all are :)

G

Guest58302

If you had kids, hypothetically, would you homeschool them? I'm nowhere near being ready for kids in my life, but this thought has crossed my mind. There are schools that don't put kids through the same crap we went through, and embedding these ideas early in life is such a powerful position to grow from.

That being said, its clearly never too late to begin...here we all are :)

I think you will find this thread to your liking.

lludwig

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
274%
Aug 18, 2018
New York
Is in the Kindle version yet? I was checking and it doesn't appear so and I purchased this a while ago.

So I assume it should just be available is how it will work? I've never really looked closely at Kindle and how they update versions.

lludwig

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
274%
Aug 18, 2018
New York
Yea I just tried to delete the local version and re-download it and it's still showing 2011 as the copyright date. I see the downloaded sample has 2011,2018 so it's definitely the old version still on Amazon's Kindle.

lludwig

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
274%
Aug 18, 2018
New York
Nevermind I figured it out, you must visit amazon.com and in the management of your books you can select it to update. I wish Amazon would tell you there was an update and give you an option to just update the book.

Xeon

All Cars Kneel Before Pagani.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore

Ashish Kulkarni

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
74%
Aug 20, 2018
Stirling, UK
Quick question MJ.

I loved TMF on audible. More so because you were the narrator.

While the content of Unscripted is undoubtedly fantastic, I wish you had narrated it.

Any chance of a new edition with you as the narrator?

Ashish.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.