Hey all,
I went on an interview last week for a Project Marketing Manager position. I know this forum isn't about getting a "job" but it's beneficial for me as its a venture capital funded start up that will pay me well enough for my needs to be taken care of, and I learn a lot in the process. Win win.
Ok, so I went on the interview, the owner of the New York office talked to the CEOs, and they wanted to go further with my position. Awesome. Keep in mind this is an international company, most in the office have "accents". The hiring test was to create a landing page for their new platform. He gave me 4 PDFs with about 50-60 boxed images with images and text inside of them explaining the features.
I took everything and created a gigantic landing page and sent it to him Wed night as he told me I would get my answer Friday. I got an email back with suggestions, such a make the titles more detailed and focus on one part of the PDFs not all of them. And some example landing pages I can go off of. The part he did like was a simple headline that explained the features but the text was in an upside down triangle. That was my Least favorite part as it was so bland haha. But. Now he wants me to create another page and send it by Wed. My thinking is that's a good sign overall.
Basically I'm not a copywriter but have written enough to get by, I know enough which is why I applied, plus I had other skills they wanted and had nothing to lose by giving it a shot. Seems I got lack of details from him, I noticed a lot of companies do that, "take this this and that, make it great". Cool. But I didn't want to ask to much to make it seem like I didn't know my stuff. I'm putting to much pressure on my self for such a simple landing page which I have done before. I've been stressing over it and it's making my mind go blank, yet I know I can do this pretty easy with the right mindset.
Any suggestions on how to take a lot of text and simplify it in a shorter landing page? And how to stop stressing over this, because when I do I can't think as well. I am getting this job no matter what it takes, this opportunity is to good for me not to.
Crissco
I went on an interview last week for a Project Marketing Manager position. I know this forum isn't about getting a "job" but it's beneficial for me as its a venture capital funded start up that will pay me well enough for my needs to be taken care of, and I learn a lot in the process. Win win.
Ok, so I went on the interview, the owner of the New York office talked to the CEOs, and they wanted to go further with my position. Awesome. Keep in mind this is an international company, most in the office have "accents". The hiring test was to create a landing page for their new platform. He gave me 4 PDFs with about 50-60 boxed images with images and text inside of them explaining the features.
I took everything and created a gigantic landing page and sent it to him Wed night as he told me I would get my answer Friday. I got an email back with suggestions, such a make the titles more detailed and focus on one part of the PDFs not all of them. And some example landing pages I can go off of. The part he did like was a simple headline that explained the features but the text was in an upside down triangle. That was my Least favorite part as it was so bland haha. But. Now he wants me to create another page and send it by Wed. My thinking is that's a good sign overall.
Basically I'm not a copywriter but have written enough to get by, I know enough which is why I applied, plus I had other skills they wanted and had nothing to lose by giving it a shot. Seems I got lack of details from him, I noticed a lot of companies do that, "take this this and that, make it great". Cool. But I didn't want to ask to much to make it seem like I didn't know my stuff. I'm putting to much pressure on my self for such a simple landing page which I have done before. I've been stressing over it and it's making my mind go blank, yet I know I can do this pretty easy with the right mindset.
Any suggestions on how to take a lot of text and simplify it in a shorter landing page? And how to stop stressing over this, because when I do I can't think as well. I am getting this job no matter what it takes, this opportunity is to good for me not to.
Crissco
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
