The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Marijuana and Success... Possible?

cusiginzo

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Mar 21, 2011
sorry, did not go through all the pages, but I can add this:

many of my mentors who were very successful businessmen generations above myself, were daily users of marijuana, dont know if there was a correlation but it was an odd thing for sure.

Russ H

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Jul 25, 2007
Napa Valley, CA
sorry, did not go through all the pages, but I can add this:

many of my mentors who were very successful businessmen generations above myself, were daily users of marijuana, dont know if there was a correlation but it was an odd thing for sure.

Quantify:

Were they billionaires?

Worth over, say, $100 million?

Tell us.

I've worked with those guys (a few billionaires, most w/net worth between 30 and 400 million).

NONE of them did weed daily, at least anymore.

-Russ H.

Russ H

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Jul 25, 2007
Napa Valley, CA
And even more Google fun (my ad was for ADD/ADHD disorders)

-Russ H.

Attachments

• Picture 1.jpg
    Picture 1.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 44

Russ H

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Jul 25, 2007
Napa Valley, CA
Like a hall of mirrors, the google ads keep getting better, and reflect the prior ads (see subsequent screen shots of the next ads, below, after my last post!)

One is for "minor skirmishes w/the law", another for "drug dependance", and the next . . . for Rehab! :rofl:

-Russ H.

Attachments

• Picture 3.jpg
    Picture 3.jpg
    17.2 KB · Views: 52
  • Picture 2.jpg
    Picture 2.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 47

wallstreet

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
9%
Sep 17, 2010
Honestly I don't think there's any use for it. Why even take a drug if it doesn't even give you a direct advantage? Now maybe if it was like that pill in limitless I could understand.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

marklov

It is a Tiger That Devours Me but I am The Tiger
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
167%
Mar 30, 2014
Ganja is an insidious drug, it creeps its
way into your life and affects you in subtle ways you can't
even begin to imagine.

Most people smoke to deal with the negatives of life and
if that's the case then ganja is the frog in the pot of "drugs".

Slowly but surely.

BigRomeDawg

Gold Contributor
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
223%
Jan 22, 2014
Canada/USA
Regarding all the "successful" smokers I hear about.. In fact I know one who does over 1m revenue.. I always wonder what they would accomplish if they quit. Maybe he would do 10m, or 100m?

Prince Rain

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
55%
Nov 29, 2012
I would say get richer first. Nothing wrong with having a joint one in a while but its better to stay away for now unless you are sure you're not gonna get addicted and can afford the time. Time meaning the time spent later as well to get back into the right frame of mind. Better to enjoy when you are at a better position and feel like you can afford to take a break and celebrate. Surely there will be pressure from friends from time to time as most people would rather have fun most of the time so its really up to you to decide for yourself whether to join or not. White lies ain't so bad actually ;). If really needed then just cut loose from useless friends whom don't appreciate your decisions and expect you to be there all the time.

pickeringmt

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
364%
Apr 24, 2014
I find this an interesting topic as it is one I am currently struggling with. It all started about 8 months ago. I smoked my first joint with a friend. At first I could take it or leave it. I smoked every once in a while, it was fun but it wasn't a major part of my life. For months the habit was once weekly. I went to class during the week and never smoked but always toked up on the weekends with friends. Recently however I find myself with little to do since I've graduated school which I guess led to my chronic use. I found myself smoking several times daily with friends. I few days ago I finally realized how things had spiraled out of hand. It was largely due to the company I kept (who were chronic users) and I'm working to fix that problem by avoiding those people now. I haven't smoked in 3 days and I won't lie... It hasn't been easy... but I plan to maintain my self discipline and not use marijuana... at least not for a few months. However I'm not sure how I should handle use for the rest of my life. I don't feel like the plant is particularly harmful when used responsibility in much the same way I feel alcohol is not dangerous when used in moderation. My question is this: Should I NEVER touch it again? Should I use it on a monthly basis? Even during my most chronic use I never felt like my life was TOO terribly effected and I want my fast lane lifestyle to include occasional use. On the other hand, if it means missing out on the lifestyle I chose for myself Its something that must go. Input please?
If you actually were where you wanted to be then this would be a legitimate question - but since you make it perfectly clear that you are choosing weed INSTEAD of actually doing things the answer should be obvious.

Stop smoking pot if it gets between you and what you want.

Stop eating oreos if it gets between you and what you want.

Stop spending time on this forum if it gets between you and what you want.

It's not even what you ARE doing here, its what you are NOT doing. Wake up.

Achilles

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
59%
Oct 2, 2014
You have to take an honest look at yourself to see if you're one of those people that can get things done with it. Because most people cannot handle or give the respect it deserves. I don't drink, never smoked cigarettes, but do partake in the green from time to time. Treat it like a reward system, only puff when you accomplished every thing for the day...feel good about it. Because the moment you take a puff when you know you haven't gotten done what you wanted...you lost. Also, don't smoke everyday...that's for wiz khalifa and people who don't want to achieve anything, because why go thru the pain of achievement when you can just smoke and feel instant pleasure/happiness. Smoking everyday will destroy 95% of peoples ambition. Never keep your eye off the prize. When you smoke it makes it very easy too.

RHL

The coaching was a joke guys.
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
747%
Oct 22, 2013
PA/NJ
It dulls your senses and your mental acuity while you're high.

You're facing people who are taxing their brains to their bleeding limit 16 hours a day. Given raw statistical probability, many of them are probably smarter than you already. The Stanford kid or the MIT kid trying to monopolize your verticals aren't giving their brain a 2-3 hour vacation every day. Every business area has a couple of big winners and zillions of losers. Odds are already high that you're going to be one of the losers. Why make it higher?

If you think you can beat them while you sit time out every day, that's your choice. Seems unwise to me. Your brain is the "muscle" that makes you money. Seems like getting high every day would be like eating Pizza Hutt once a day when trying to become a competitive body builder.

Sure, it's not impossible... but why?

Panamera Turbo S

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
67%
Feb 24, 2015
I find this an interesting topic as it is one I am currently struggling with. It all started about 8 months ago. I smoked my first joint with a friend. At first I could take it or leave it. I smoked every once in a while, it was fun but it wasn't a major part of my life. For months the habit was once weekly. I went to class during the week and never smoked but always toked up on the weekends with friends. Recently however I find myself with little to do since I've graduated school which I guess led to my chronic use. I found myself smoking several times daily with friends. I few days ago I finally realized how things had spiraled out of hand. It was largely due to the company I kept (who were chronic users) and I'm working to fix that problem by avoiding those people now. I haven't smoked in 3 days and I won't lie... It hasn't been easy... but I plan to maintain my self discipline and not use marijuana... at least not for a few months. However I'm not sure how I should handle use for the rest of my life. I don't feel like the plant is particularly harmful when used responsibility in much the same way I feel alcohol is not dangerous when used in moderation. My question is this: Should I NEVER touch it again? Should I use it on a monthly basis? Even during my most chronic use I never felt like my life was TOO terribly effected and I want my fast lane lifestyle to include occasional use. On the other hand, if it means missing out on the lifestyle I chose for myself Its something that must go. Input please?

It's true, if you don't abuse drugs, alcohol, cigarettes and sugar you can live healthy. At a certain point the body starts to become stronger and
immune when comes in contact with those things. But i highly recommend to avoid them.

Now regarding "maria" i can say this: it may help you in having good ideas for a business, to invent something or solve problems. Also it fights against cancer. Smoked for fun it's not a good idea.

Now make your choices how you want to use it.

IGP

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
276%
Aug 24, 2015
I don't always bump threads, but when I do they are 5 years old!

Leo Hendrix

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
61%
Apr 15, 2014
It can also depend on your mindset, Why you are using weed?

Is it to get your mind off things? Get high? relax? etc?

If you can leverage it for a greater purpose such as problem solving, it could lead to subconscious solutions to problems frothing up to your conscious mind.

I think it's better to stay clear-headed and focused, also keep in mind long-term thinking and actions. Is what you do today contributing to your future and long-term plans and aspirations? If not maybe it is better to scrap such habits.

Newpollz

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
Nov 14, 2015
There are different strains of weed and all have their strength. Indica is good for the body, sativa stimulates the mind.

You cannot overdose from marijuana. There more you vape/eat/smoke weed, the more you build a resistance so eventually you will HAVE to take a break if you want to get your high's worth.

Weed is better than aspirin.
Weed is WAY better than prescription drugs.

http://www.theweedblog.com/25-legal-drugs-more-dangerous-than-marijuana/

I think this world would be a much calmer and friendlier place if everyone smoked weed once in a while. Why?

I strongly believe marijuana makes you see things as they really are, it can help you find another perspective to a problem or on your life.

It can be escapism but unlike video games, you get to discover yourself and not some world Bethesda or Rockstar created to imprison your mind. Also pretty much any activity (lifting weights, reading, taking a shower, watching a movie) becomes a whole lot more enjoyable.

Now the downfalls:

With marijuana you get spirituality and mindfulness WITHOUT balance (meaning you have not worked for your high, and this can be a tough thing to manage especially if you lack discipline. Meditation gives you those things WITH balance but takes YEARS to achieve.)

I believe vaping weed has virtually NO bad effects on your body but the problem is in the habit.

I think you should only smoke weed if you enjoy being sober at least as much. If you enjoy being high all the time MORE than being sober all the time, that's when you need to take a break. Hopefully, I have found that marijuana is the only "drug" that lets you leave it alone.

The Don'ts:

- Don't blow off your friends or boy/girlfriend just because you want to go home and get high
- Try to use it as a reward as much as possible, not as an excuse to not do what you gotta do. At the very least, get high while doing what you gotta do.
- When high, don't F*cking feel guilty, enjoy the moment, you are not doing anything wrong to anybody!
- Don't believe it is necessary for your "happiness" or well-being. It's not.

HyperFocus

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
58%
Jan 4, 2016
Amsterdam
Marijuana is one of the most underestimated drugs.

Every single person I met that smoked a lot is filled with dumb superficial ideas about the world and people. They think its genius when they come up with the ideas while they are high and after a while they believe in that stuff even when they are not smoking.
Seriously Ive seen 130iq + people getting F*ckd by weed.

Other disadvantage is that for most people its very hard to stay disciplined or motivated while using or after using weed.

If you dont care about your time go ahead and smoke. But if you want to learn how beautiful life is and how many magnificent things you can do with your life then resort to weed for max 1 time a year

StartupsRFun

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
65%
Jul 2, 2013
This thread made me laugh a lot, I have to wonder what kind of weed you are smoking. Come to Oregon, we view weed as medicine and use it as such. Many people here have been able to get off prescription pills and alcohol, because they consume marijuana. There quality of life has increased and Ive personally met a 2 people who now live a cancer free life due to RSO (google it).

As far as smoking for productivity, some people can and others cant. I personally don t focus as well on it, so I don t smoke during the day. I know some people who function way better after smoking sativa shatter. Just gotta figure out what works best for you.

IceCreamAction

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
73%
Mar 20, 2016
Trinidad and Tobago
You can get high and mentally masturbate about the event and ignore working on the process. I say this knowing my plan later tonight is booze and the aforementioned.

Recognize the value of your time though. I'd admit I did read a good bit of MJ's book under the influence tho :blackalien::blackalien:

jon.a

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
329%
Sep 29, 2012
Near San Diego
You can get high and mentally masturbate about the event and ignore working on the process. I say this knowing my plan later tonight is booze and the aforementioned.

Recognize the value of your time though. I'd admit I did read a good bit of MJ's book under the influence tho :blackalien::blackalien:
Hopefully that story goes like, "I started the book stoned then realized that I needed to finish it straight."

IceCreamAction

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
73%
Mar 20, 2016
Trinidad and Tobago
Hopefully that story goes like, "I started the book stoned then realized that I needed to finish it straight."
I would not smoke cause I'd want to pass out and not read but even after end of night I'd get into bed and read it for hours, between classes, any time possible in the past week really.I've only read in once so far (in the past week).

I do sometimes smoke before bed but I don't want to start talking about tolerance and all that, basically you are right. Rarely I read a book and first thing I want to do when I finish it is re read it but quite to opposite with MJ's book. Really resonated with me personally and gave me the figurative kick in the butt to get me going.

Supa

Came for the $. Stayed for the Ice Cream.
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
289%
May 27, 2015
Germany
I would not smoke cause I'd want to pass out and not read but even after end of night I'd get into bed and read it for hours, between classes, any time possible in the past week really.I've only read in once so far (in the past week).

I do sometimes smoke before bed but I don't want to start talking about tolerance and all that, basically you are right. Rarely I read a book and first thing I want to do when I finish it is re read it but quite to opposite with MJ's book. Really resonated with me personally and gave me the figurative kick in the butt to get me going.

Used to smoke before I read TMF . After I read it I never really smoked again... Couldn't take the action needed to put the knowledge into action when I would be stoned too often.

mguerra

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
124%
Mar 23, 2015
Marijuana is one of the most underestimated drugs.

Every single person I met that smoked a lot is filled with dumb superficial ideas about the world and people. They think its genius when they come up with the ideas while they are high and after a while they believe in that stuff even when they are not smoking.
Seriously Ive seen 130iq + people getting F*ckd by weed.

Other disadvantage is that for most people its very hard to stay disciplined or motivated while using or after using weed.

If you dont care about your time go ahead and smoke. But if you want to learn how beautiful life is and how many magnificent things you can do with your life then resort to weed for max 1 time a year

That was a really good answer my friend. I have common points with you, but I'm a little curious. From what place are you talking this?
From a place of experience with weed yourself or only observation of other people? And could you please clarifiy the "dumb superficial ideas abouth the world and people?"

Just for curiosity, not judging in any way :)

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
This was one thing that I noticed in the past say 5-10 years in meeting people. In the past I don't think people talked about smoking weed as openly. But it seems to be a cool thing to say now and do.

Anyway, in a business context I've come across alot of people that just did not get it. I would explain things to them, mostly logical things or simple math calculations, like @snowbank 's +EV stuff, or just whatever they had a question about. In the back of my mind as these people could not grasp the concept, I could not figure out why. So I began to create a hypothesis that these people just weren't smart enough to grasp the concept. And I thought it was just because they were not smart.

But afterwards, I would find out that many of these people were pot smokers, or did drugs when they were younger or heavy club goers and drinkers. This brought me back to the "drugs kill brain cells" campaigns that they used to have. I've always wondered if these people would be alot sharper in their old age (30+) than they are if they have never done drugs.

Nowadays, when I meet someone and I talk to them, I can kind of get a sense if they've done drugs in the past. Again, this is just a feeling I get, but I've been fairly accurate with it. It's not that they are stupid, but they are just not sharp. Ever talk to someone that seemed smart, but not sharp?

Another thing that has been discussed is that getting high or drunk/buzzed just kills your productivity. I've had friends/people on this forum that I think are smart, but they can't get things done in a timely manner. I check in with them and they haven't gotten any shit done in 6 months!

Raoul Duke

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
324%
Feb 26, 2016
The only time I see smoke is from firing my Glock 19 at the range.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.