What's new

My CENTS idea goes to the moon?!

Artificial Intelligence

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 39,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block.

DougRMR

Regular Contributor
LEGACY MEMBER
Joined
Apr 19, 2019
Messages
249
Rep Bank
$940
User Power: 127%
I'd like to see what you guys think. I don't reveal the full plan on this post but I do give the general idea.

I've spent the better part of these 3 months in 2026 thinking and iterating some biz ideas (mostly through Antigravity). I never did a product launch per say but I was testing out app ideas and what I usually found later on as. I was working on the prototype was that that market was very, very saturated (I worked on some uber-like app, a website funnel builder, a logistics app that met a need I saw while working in that field and an audio translator app) or with an extreme barrier to entry (mostly in terms of up front capital to invest). I was also value-selling by calling certain merchants and asking what needs haven't been met, etc.

But as things are, something completely unrelated to the previous attempts came to me and I came up with an idea that combines a book I've been writing/revising for a while now. The book I'm revising addresses Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) and how I managed to mostly cure it through a very harsh and rigorous diet + supplementation. The reason why I took it upon myself to write it is that if anyone is at all familiar with IBS and its community, it's that it's one of the most misunderstood chronic conditions as well as one of the most frustrating and sad since none of the conventional methods seems to bring any type of relief. I never considered this a CENTS endeavour per se, mainly because just because it worked for me doesn't mean it'll work for Tim or Bob. However, it was such a life changing thing for me that most people have not even tried. I wanted to take a chance and write that info on paper and eventually release it as an ebook and hope it helps somebody

The important part, though, was that a lightbulb moment came to me when I realized I could use AI on an app to really help a core need with someone trying to do any type of elimination diet (but obviously honing in on IBS). I'm hesitant to share the idea here because it's so simple, yet, I've only seen one similar product and it focused on another niche. I think it could legitimately be something useful and something I could add alongside the book I already have written for added value. So essentially it's a SaaS tied to an information product.

A few things:

1. Is content creation absolutely necessary to start an ad campaign on something that has had zero exposure? I was going to do videos and stuff for the landing page anyways but I'm talking outside of it (YT, IG, FB, etc.)

2. I've done sales funnels before with no success. I'm still unsure on whether to sell the book and then "add" the app as a bonus. The reason why I'm coonsidering this is because the book explains everything about the diet per say and quite frankly is kinda useless without the information from the book. Or rather, you won't exctract the most value from it. Unless...

3. I make it a web app that can only be accessed through the purchase of the book. Or...

4. I could just add the info from the book into the app in a very simplified manner. Maybe ask during the initial running of the app: "Do you have IBS or do you want to use the app for more general purposes?" (because yes, it can be used for "general" purposes if you so wish).

My gut tells me that I should offer both up front. The book (which is theirs to keep obviously, so they could do what the book says at their leisure) and the app. The app is included for free during the first month and if they want to keep using it after that first free month they'd have to pay monthly subscription or a one time fee. At the same time, let's say I offer the ebook for free up front as a lead magnet and if they get results from the ebook (which I hope they will), then they'll maybe consider the app much more seriously?

So right now in my head the book is where you get the most bang for your buck but obviously that in itself I don't think it's a CENTS product. However, I think the app could meet a lot of the CENTS criteria. Particularly in Need and Scale. I know I'm a bit vague here but for now I want to first at least make a prototype. I'll start working on it tomorrow and see what happens.

The downside is that it's concerning health and tying it to IBS is risky, since it's a "misunderstood" condition. There's not really a guarantee on a person feeling relief from what almost completely cured me (I had really, reaaally bad IBS) and while the app by itself I think could be useful, I thought it'd make sense to tie it to IBS. However, elimination diets could be used for anything (from health to gym to a bunch of other things). But at this point if the IBS diet plan in the book doesn't help, it'd be best to pivot the app's aim into another use case.

The title is also clickbait but hopefully it got you to click :)
 
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

9C96Rdt.qph
 
O vjopl vjot geomt op ovt dassipv gusn.

Puv cideati vji qsucmin ot geli. OCT/imonopevoup foivt esi siem qeop.

Cav sohjv pux vjot ot caomfis-cseop.

Zua fup’v jewi e qomuv qmep. Zua jewi e qsuvuvzqi qmep.

Zua’si ficevoph cuul wt eqq, tactdsoqvoup wt upi-voni gii, mief nehpiv wt qeof uggis, eft wt dupvipv. Vjev ot emm qedlehoph. Vji nesliv jet puv wuvif ziv.

Cigusi caomfoph TeeT, timm e nepaem 4-6 xiil qomuv vu 10 tvsephist. Niem qmept, hsudisz motvt, tznqvun vsedloph, siopvsufadvoup haofepdi, xiilmz taqqusv. Djeshi siem nupiz.

Og 10 tvsephist xup’v qez gus vjev, dufi xup’v nehodemmz dsievi finepf.

Emtu, fup’v vuadj “dasi OCT” mephaehi. Vjev’t e mihem epf dsifocomovz mepfnopi. Neli ov ecuav haofif imonopevoup-foiv iyidavoup, puv nifodem uavdunit.
 
Emtu, fup’v vuadj “dasi OCT” mephaehi. Vjev’t e mihem epf dsifocomovz mepfnopi. Neli ov ecuav haofif imonopevoup-foiv iyidavoup, puv nifodem uavdunit.
Ziej, pu xussoit. O xetp'v qmeppoph up atoph "dasi OCT" gus vji duqz gus vji sietupt zua uavmopif. Neopmz O xet katv huoph vu uavmopi vji gedv vjev egvis ziest ug taggisoph gsun OCT O'wi emm cav dasif ov (cav eheop puv xovj vjev teni mephaehi). Vjot otp'v tunivjoph O tez mohjvmz cioph vjev nz OCT xet tu tiwisi. Tiioph xjev qiuqmi tez upmopi epf xjev vjiz taggis, vjiz nohjv et ximm vsz vjot nivjuf og vjiz'wi vsoif iwiszvjoph imti (xjodj xet nz opovoem qutovoup).

O'wi tqipv vji civvis qesv ug vufez qmeppoph epf caomfoph vji muhod gus vji eqq. Miv ni katv tez tvseohjv aq xjev vji hoh ot.

Up upi jepf, vji 4-6 xiil qomuv dep ci ovt uxp vjoph xovjuav vji TeeT. Ev vjev quopv vji TeeT xuamf ci moli vji eff-up vu vji nepaem. Vji niem qmept, hsudisoit epf siopvsufadvoup esi emsiefz jepfmif cz vji TeeT. Vji cuul vjev O xsuvi fosidvmz effsittit vji wisz tvsodv imonopevoup foiv ovtimg emuph xovj siopvsufadvoup, taqqminipvevoup epf uvjis qsedvodem tviqt vu neli ov ietois op zuas mogi vu mowi xovj tadj e tvsodv foiv. O emtu effif sigisipdit epf sitiesdj fupi vu cedl aq xjev O'n tezoph. Vji eqq xuamf katv gedomovevi vjot jesf qsuditt vjsuahj tuni tqidogod tiswodit. Juxiwis, vji TeeT duamf emtu ci atif gus hipisem imonopevoup foivt og vji atis tu djuutit.

Up vji uvjis jepf, O'n ittipvoemmz veloph ov aqup nztimg vu fu xjev vji eqq ot niepv vu fu. Xjodj O haitt ot zuas quopv, sohjv? Cigusi opwitvoph opvu vji TeeT ovtimg, tii og vji finepf ot vjisi xovj nz nepaem epf nz jimq? Vjev nohjv puv ci e cef ofie. Ov emtu howit ni e djepdi vu vitv uav vji foiv up e sepfun tenqmi ug OCT-jewist epf tii og ov edvaemmz jimqt. Ev vjev quopv, ov'f ci tunivjoph elop vu duedjoph tiswodit xovj opgusnevoup qsufadvt.

Nz raitvoup vu zua xuamf tvomm ci vji teni. Jux onqusvepv ot uphuoph dupvipv gus vjot vzqi ug neslivoph? Ot e duptvepv uavqav op ushepod dupvipv onqusvepv us duamf O meapdj tvseohjv opvu qsutqidvoph vjsuahj eft?
 
Tu O gopemmz huv nutv ug vji icuul fupi epf gusnevvif. O piif vu qumotj e gix vjopht epf moli @Qeput Feset tahhitvif, nz gudat xomm ci nusi up vji opgusnevoup qsufadv epf tumavoup ovtimg sevjis vjep ep TeeT. O emsiefz fitohpif vji mepfoph qehi, jewi muulif aq e muv ug opgu up OCT dunnapovoit (xjodj O'wi emtu ciip e qesv ug gus e muph voni) vu tii xjev vji nekus vjopht esi vjev qiuqmi esi wisz japh aq up. Egvis O gopotj vji icuul dunqmivimz (O nohjv ci ecmi vu gopotj vunussux, O jewi vu xusl pux) O en huoph vu xsovi vji duqz epf emm vjev. O'n duptofisoph emtu neloph e wofiu et e juul gus vji mepfoph qehi. Xi'mm tii.

Tu sohjv pux vjev't xjisi O'n qavvoph nz ipishz vuxesft. Gus nz xic fitohp ehipdz O'n gudatoph e cov nusi up Nive Eft vu tii xjev sitamvt O hiv optvief us dumf demmoph us sigissemt vu tii xjev jeqqipt. Vji nive eft xisi katv et ep iyqisonipv epf O jewi vxu niivopht vunussux xovj catopitt uxpist xju esi opvisitvif op nz tiswodit.
 
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

Back
Top Bottom