The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Manufacturing a FTE (F*ck This Event!)

RobD88

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
249%
Nov 20, 2017
Missouri
Love, love, love this post. I've read FLM and on my second time through Unscripted . I completely feel like MJ is talking about me (like he's been following me my whole life) when he talks about action fakers and wanna be entrepreneurs.

I have a comfortable life and haven't had that life altering, rock bottom event. Even losing after losing a job a year and a half ago I didn't suffer much because I was re-employed after a month with a better job. Yet something is missing...a lot of little somethings.

I'm creating my FTL today!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Lumo

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
137%
Sep 20, 2016
Germany
Love, love, love this post. I've read FLM and on my second time through Unscripted . I completely feel like MJ is talking about me (like he's been following me my whole life) when he talks about action fakers and wanna be entrepreneurs.

I have a comfortable life and haven't had that life altering, rock bottom event. Even losing after losing a job a year and a half ago I didn't suffer much because I was re-employed after a month with a better job. Yet something is missing...a lot of little somethings.

I'm creating my FTL today!

Thinking you need to hit rock bottom is an action fake too..

You just give yourself more time to not execute and this is an excuse.

Don't need to hit rock bottom, act NOW! :)

RobD88

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
249%
Nov 20, 2017
Missouri
Thinking you need to hit rock bottom is an action fake too..

You just give yourself more time to not execute and this is an excuse.

Don't need to hit rock bottom, act NOW! :)

Yeah...that's kind of what I took from the original post. Find what motivates me and move forward.

RobD88

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
249%
Nov 20, 2017
Missouri
The reasons why I WILL become a Fastlane entrepreneur

My FTSL: F**K This sh*t List

To bring greater value to the world – can’t give back to the world with no time, no money, and no influence – FTS!

Knowing that I'm being a bad example to my kids – FTS!

Not being able to provide the life my wife deserves – FTS!

Giving up on my dreams for too many years – FTS!

Worrying about being able to ever escape indentured time, I will never be able to retire if nothing changes – FTS!

Worrying about paying for my kids’ college education – FTS!

Being smarter than most of the people I work with/for but not being able to make the decisions – FTS!

Being smarter than most of the people I work with/for but being second guessed only to turn out to be right in the first place – FTS!

Being forced to work on projects that I know are going to fail or be a waste of time – FTS!

Seeing the same tired strategies reinvented with new buzzwords over and over again while consultants bask in their self important glory like they invented process improvement - FTS!

Being smarter than most of the people I work with/for but being underutilized and underappreciated – FTS!

Being bored at work and just waiting for the day to end – FTS!

Working with people I don't like, and pretending to like them because I'm a nice guy – FTS!

Feeling so defeated at the end of the day that I just want to lay down – FTS!

Not being able to improve or keep up with needed repairs on my house – FTS!

Knowing that we're just one lost job and a couple of months from being broke – FTS!

All of the action faking I’ve masqueraded as being an entrepreneur in the past – FTS!

Spending time inside an office on a perfect spring day – FTS!

Feeling less free as I get older, instead of more free – FTS!

Looking back at my dreams and hating myself for not achieving them – FTS!

Feeling bad about the money I spend on myself because it takes away from my family – FTS!

Not being able to take a sick day to allow my body to heal because I’m afraid of what my boss will think – FTS!

Asking permission to leave early, come in late, or take a day off – FTS!

My wife having to work at a crappy job just to make ends meet – FTS!

Not being able to live where we want to live because we can’t afford to pick up and move – FTS!

hungryhippocampi

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
172%
Dec 27, 2017
North Carolina
Spending time on the road, away from my wife and children -- f this!
Feeling like I'm caught between two separate lives / worlds -- f this!
Working over the weekend and responding to work emails during the evening -- f this!
Looking at a career path that means more of the same -- f this!
Not spending enough time with my children because i'm on the road or working to meet some deadline someone else has established for me -- f this!
No Control, living the Scripted life -- f this!

I am disgusted that I have been like that grown elephant tethered by nothing more than an effing string because of programming and a short attention span --- f all of this!

JP Alvis

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
158%
Jun 10, 2018
Buenos Aires
My list, in no particular order:
  • Waking up at the alarm clock just to get ready soon enough to get a place in the subway and not feel drained before arriving at the office. (F**k this)
  • Rehearsing what it's "politically correct" to say to justify why our team won't make the deadline for the current project. (F**k this)
  • Deciding to work a couple of hours on weekends and even holidays just to not feel bad about me for not being responsible enough. (F**k this)
  • Looking at the state of the art in the software development world and thinking how many hours I'd need to learn all the new stuff that it's "required" to be "employable", let alone what I'd need to learn to earn more money. (F**k this)
  • Not being able to visit my oldest relatives (grandparents, uncles, aunts... all past 80s) because I had to be at the office or working on weekends. (F**k this)
  • Thinking that no matter how hard I work and deliver results, someone else above me in the company is gonna take credit for the project and even will receive accolades for his/her "leadership/management". (F**k this)
  • Not having the freedom to watch the World Cup soccer games during the day without feel scared of being caught by managers. (F**k this)
  • Not being able to ride my bike around the whole city on a sunny day with my headphones on. (F**k this)
  • Arriving at home at 5/6 AM after being working all night for someone else just because "the client demands the app working ASAP" just to kiss my wife before she leaves for her job and barely sleep a couple of hours again because the boss told us to "arrive after 1 PM". (F**k this)
  • Having to spend more hours to fix/re-do some colleague's work because he/she didn't do it the "right" way and ending behind my expected deadline. (F**k this)
  • Trying several things at the office just to find a quiet place for programming (colleagues' gossip, watching YouTube, damn open offices...) (F**k this)
  • Feeling bad for being caught of visiting this forum or reading/learning during office hours. (F**k this)
  • Not being able to travel with my family because I can't afford it. (F**k this)
  • Not being able to travel with my family because we don't have the same vacation periods. (F**k this)
  • Feeling that my work is useful only for the company's numbers/reports, without providing real value to people using it. (F**k this)
  • Being worried about home bills, looking for "frugal" ways to save money. (F**k this)
  • Not having enough for giving my father the travel across the world he deserves due to raising 4 children through a divorce and having to stay at a gov job for decades watching other people being promoted or earning more money while being in debt to ensure my sisters' education and support his side of the family. (F**k this)
  • Not having enough for giving my mother the travel across the world she deserves due to raising 2 children through a divorce, several lost jobs, several failed attempts at entrepreneurship, debts due to multiple college degrees, headaches due to incompetent colleagues and other health issues due to stress. (F**k this)
  • Feeling pissed of about the amount of sacrifices my wife and I do just to make ends meet. (F**k this)
  • Hating myself for not accomplishing all the things I know deep inside I'm capable of doing. (F**k this)
  • Spending all my energy, mental and physical skills to earn money for other people instead of on myself, or at least my family. (F**k this)
  • Feeling like an alien for not knowing people that shared the same ideas/aspirations as me (F**k this) [until now, thanks to this forum]
  • Feeling stressed each time I look at my bank account after paying my bills because I'm calculating how much money I have to keep in case of emergency and avoid buying the course, the book, the travel. (F**k this)
  • Not having enough courage to accept that my life so far has too many wrong decisions and I should alert my younger brothers and sisters about it instead of letting them follow the same path I've following so far. (F**k this)
I aim this to be a constant reminder of why and because of who I'm starting this journey...

Regards.
JP

Velocke

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
239%
May 22, 2018
I agree with many of the money-focused FTS items in this thread. The constant worries about what would happen if my car/pets/body needed something expensive, the shame and sadness over not being able to give back to my parents like I want to, living under the pressure of debt. I already knew about all of those before coming across Unscripted , but reading it helped me pinpoint this one:

Realizing that what I hate most about my job is that I don't feel like I add substantial VALUE anywhere. Even when the people I work with tell me I'm doing a good job, it all just seems like meaningless head-pats. College/grad school was six years of head-pats that made me think I was doing things right, when that wasn't the case. So...F all that. :/

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)
i was literally thinking about this thread all day, nice ferrari with the top down sitting outside my work as i was checking in to slave away. :(

Pavlos

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
70%
May 2, 2018
Germany
Great motivation guys! Really great!

My FTL is quite long,too. But for me, the process behind it is important. It is always a process...
It is a disbalance between where you are and where you wanna be. If you see that and have it in your stomach that feeling something is wrong. Additionally You get an eyeopener (kick in the but/nuts...) through a person which wrote something special (TMF / Unscripted ). And you feel what is written there. It is only black color on white paper, but it touchs you. Because you feel a disbalance and you see yourself in there.

And in that process something pushes you (the FTE) and something pulls you (your wishes, freedom,...). What should be done is to trigger yourself day by day, hour by hour, minute by minute. And don´t let loose! Write it down, imagine yourself beeing where you wanna be, tell your nearest persons about your big dreams. Dont fear them. Chase them!!! No GURU- thing! It changes the way you thing. It moves you in a way you will get scared doing. But do it.

And exact that process i am forcing myself into...
Reading your comments gives me more fuel, many thanks for that!

Greetings

Philip Marlowe

Every Day On, No Days Off
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
329%
Apr 28, 2017
NE
Spending time on the road, away from my wife and children -- f this!
This has always been toughest for me, and I had an eye-opening moment a few weeks ago.

A couple of guys were on my (airplane) shuttle home. They looked like the salesmen for Glenngarry Glen Ross. Disheveled. Tired. Ties lose. Wrinkled dress shirts - the whole deal. Sipping a cocktail while crammed into a seat.

And the scary thing was - it was exact like the speech from that play. To paraphrase:

Jim: You working the Goldstein account?
Bill: Oh yeah - crazy hours. Need to be back all next week.
Jim: Yep, but it's a living!
Bill: *raises his scotch glass* (or whatever)

It was terrifying. Couple of beat-up guys, probably with a pissed-off wife at home and kids they never see, talking about their circumstance. And I don't typically like to infer all that, but it was pretty clear based-on the conversation as it went on. A couple guys just talking about how life is a big racket.

And the worst thing was - I was right there on that shuttle with them. Scared the sh*t out of me thinking I could be them.

-PM

Bhanu

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
182%
Oct 23, 2017
My FTSs:

1. Working in night shift(6 PM to 3:30 AM every day) for past 8.5 years and asked to be thankful for having a job ha ha .F*ck this sh*t.
2. Planning to buy a piece of land but not able to. .F*ck this sh*t.
3. Being forced to learn useless networking tools so as to keep my sh**ty job .F*ck this sh*t.
4. My Boss giving me subtle threats (of firing me) and trying to scare me .F*ck this sh*t.
5. Leaving my wife in home alone in night (while I toil for pennies) .F*ck this sh*t.
6. Not able to realize my biggest dreams .F*ck this sh*t.
7. Be thankful for my crappy Job and not dream of leaving it (due to pervasive unemployment in my country) .F*ck this sh*t.
8. Being forced to keep my crappy job due to Societal pressure (Asian mentality) .F*ck this sh*t.
9. Being forced to not being true to yourslef .F*ck this sh*t.
10.Being surrounded by co-workers living worthless life of TV,Social Media,Celebrity gossip,usless politics,consumerism,credit cards .F*ck this sh*t.
11.Being asked by Parents ,in-laws to buy House,Car on Loan and be (Fake)happy .F*ck this sh*t.
12.Becoming looser in front of my kid (due to scripted life till now) .F*ck this sh*t.
13. Not able to fulfill my Kids dreams and let society teach him scripted horse crap all over again .F*ck this sh*t.(Not going to let it happen ever)
14. Living below your means,kill your joy, save blah blah .F*ck this sh*t.

Bhanu

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
182%
Oct 23, 2017
Few more :

1. Supporting 'On Call' 24*7 ,10 days a month .This means if any issue comes up during on call you have to attend it no matter what (time,illness,family are all immeterial ) F*ck this sh*t.
2. Wearing formal cloth 4 days a week .(Feel like suffocating in those cloths) F*ck this sh*t.
3. Sitting in a office where I feel like a worker (slave) bee in a hive :( F*ck this sh*t.

Things I am doing to break the shakel .

1. Working side by side on my business .(I am adjusting to the market demand and will not give up no matter what)
2. Gyming daily for 40 mins(5 days a week)
3. No television at home.
4. No loans,no consumerist stuff (expensive watches,flashy car,expensive cloth,useless furniture etc) for anything .
5. No car,living in a rented apartment.
6. Reading good books and speding time on this forum absorbing life skills,mindset of winners.
7. Working 3-4 hours a day on side business.
8. Learning new networking tools to keep my job till the time I can say F*ck you to this sh*tty job.
9. Thankfully my wife understands me and fully onboard :)
10. Sleeping 7-8 hours a day to keep myself recharged and not fall ill.

FriscoJP

New Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
90%
Dec 23, 2017
Florida
One of the biggest questions I had while reading UNSCRIPTED and TMF was, "How do I get motivated if I haven't had a 'f*ck This Event'?" Do I really have to hit rock bottom before I can start climbing upward?

I read this post in the back of a car driving four hours across Russia. Ironically, the trip I was on would end up creating my FTE - the shock of returning to a desk after nearly a month of pure freedom around Europe.

I am thoroughly grateful for a privileged upbringing - but to walk very successfully down the "American Standard" path and find myself without a worry in the world other than the limits on how many days of PTO I receive has certainly set me up to require more deliberate effort to Unscript.

Still, UncommonWay, I thank you for providing a resource that, as you would not yet know, set one more person down a productive path to finding enough pain to get off the goddamn nail. And when I make it, I will come back once again and remember how I read this post driving across a bumpy road in the Republic of Tatarstan.

handog

Believing Is Seeing
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
126%
Sep 3, 2018
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
This is a great post. I'll second a lot of what I see on these lists. I've only recently identified that no matter how bad you have it, there is someone out there that has it worse.

The whole thread hits home, and all of the elements in my list roll up into a past life of dreaming to be a what I now understand as wantrepreneurship. I've been a workaholic this whole time for other people and I'm starting to realize what it means when I hear that "you have to come first". It's time to start burning the midnight oil for myself for once and not others. I'm really grateful for this community and appreciate the help in taking action to become free!

Olie Sins

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
146%
May 28, 2017
World Wide
Thanks for the encouragement, MJ. I figured other people were probably saying to themselves, "Well, I haven't had an FTE yet, so I guess I have to wait until I do," just like I was, so this might help give them the same kick in the pants that I needed.
Good advice. It's interesting, I have never heard of the Dickens process. But over the last few years, since I heard of Jim Rohn's concept of "The Day That Turns Your Life Around," and MJ's: "F*ck this event," I have been on the lookout for my event.

There were days I'd get so angry at my manager I could put him through three walls. Other days I just hated that I didn't have a choice, if I wanted to pay rent, I had to go to work. Other days still, I have met rich assholes (and assholes in general) who, after getting pissed off at them, I would quietly swear to myself I would become more rich and powerful than they could ever dream and that they would be fighting to get into MY circle.

But no matter how angry some of these events made me, none of them turned my life around dramatically and in a moment. None of them DROVE me.

Then, a couple of months ago, driving down the road, I came to the conclusion that such events are rare, and that probably, for the majority of people, it's a gradual change, a gradual sort of day that turns your life around. A year that turns your life around, if you will. Or a year long of F*ck this events.

Shortly after, at Christmas time, I watched the Christmas Carol (I had never heard of the Dickens Process as I don't like Tony Robbins) and I remember thinking as I was watching it, Scrooge probably went back to his old a**hole self the next day.

Then my theory was confirmed when I read James Newman's: "Release Your Brakes!" He literally confirmed exactly what I was saying, that those drastic events are rare, and seldom do they bring lasting change if they do occur!

Thanks for sharing.

Last edited:

Siddhartha

Pleasure Operator
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
135%
Mar 30, 2019
A+ thread, much prefer this implementation over the original dickens.
It really lets you lay everything out .
Unplug the hole and the F*CK THIS pain points come rushing out.

I thought I had an FTE at my last job because after a conversation where they told me to f*ck myself, I printed out a 2 weeks notice within 5 minutes of getting home that night.
Apparently not, after 3 months I was back in the belly of the corporate beast. Going through with this dickens process really let me get back in touch with my fire.

Thing is... these are all things that run through my mind 24/7, especially on my commute. I don't even think or believe, I KNOW that if I don't find a way to provide value in a massive way soon; I'll not only let my family members (who can f*cking use the help) down, but myself down too.
All this because I'll grow into an old, pot-bellied, nerd-necked office troll that will gracelessly expire doing escalation reports and who will not be remembered by anyone.

Someone mentioned reactivity earlier in the thread, I agree.
Reactive/Risk avoidant > Proactive/Risk taking.

I'm going to keep filling out this list (at 28 objects rn) and churning things over until the boom hits.

Last edited:

Santiago_12

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Apr 14, 2018
I've begun noticing, since I read UNSCRIPTED (currently on my second read-through) that the people I work with are sooooo SCRIPTED.

I passed a guy in the hallway while walking and reading on my lunch break, and he asked what I was reading. Showed him MJ's book, and told him this was written by a guy who made millions and retired in his early 30s, and now he doesn't have to work at all. His response: "Good work if you can get it. By the way, if you want to stop by my desk, I've got some good books on management you might want to read."

Ummm, thanks, but no. I don't want to be a manager. I want to be an owner, of my own business and of my own life.

Looking forward to leaving a review when UNSCRIPTED is released on Amazon tomorrow.
Awesome reply.

Einfamilienhaus

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
188%
Feb 8, 2019
@UncommonWay what has changed for you since this realization?

My little two Cents:

1. My father is 65. Works 9 hours/Day. 6 Days/week and earns 700 Euros. F.ck this Sh*t
2. My Girlfriend works 12 Hours/Day. 5Days/Week and earns 1000 Euros - F.ck this Sh*t

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA
So when are you going to do something about it?

None of this means a damn thing if you do not take action.

Start a progress thread. Hell, let's start a 'I've had my FTE, let's get rolling!' thread.

Step 1: Manufacture a FTE
Step 2: Decide to do something about it
Step 3: Take action. Now.

GuitarManDan

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
678%
Feb 28, 2017
NYC
Hey All,

I got a notification about this thread and I wanted to follow up for anyone who saw my previous posts! In Nov 2017 I gave my two weeks and have been running my own business since then.

I started my own web design and SEO firm, moved across the US from NYC to Scottsdale, AZ and it's been such an amazing experience so far.

Since everyone loves a great quitting story, instead of doing the typical angry cursing and storming out, I wanted to just be as brutally honest as I could with these people. I just kept telling my boss and his boss how disappointing it was how poorly people are treated here. They didn't want to listen, and I still talk to a few friends who still work there and EVERYTHING is exactly the same.

It scares me to think of what would have happened to my stress / health issues if I was still there almost 2 years later since being free.

MaxKhalus

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
119%
Jun 7, 2018
Spain
'Manufacturing Your FTE' is a great thread, easier said than done for me unfortunately. What do you do when your life doesn't suck enough?

I'll keep upgrading my FT list, but still feels as a compilation of a F*ck-this moments, which are different from a real FTE

Frank H.

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
89%
Dec 22, 2018
Fantastic thread! I have compiled the key points from this thread and will use them with declarations each day!

Some of the points that I feel viscerally in my bones:

1. Having to rehearse what you are going to say
2. Traffic
3. Wearing uncomfortable attire
4. Only enjoying 2/7 days of the week
5. Having to bite my tongue

F*ck THIS SHIT!!!

ToySoldier

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
179%
Feb 19, 2017
Toronto
One of the biggest questions I had while reading UNSCRIPTED and TMF was, "How do I get motivated if I haven't had a 'f*ck This Event'?" Do I really have to hit rock bottom before I can start climbing upward?

Hell if I know, but maybe I have an answer for those who haven't experienced a genuine f*ck This Event.

First, though, let me tell you about the Tony Robbins "Dickens Process". If you've ever read one of his books (especially Awaken the Giant Within) or been to one of his events (e.g. Unleash the Power Within), you may have heard of this or experienced it. Basically, you're manufacturing an FTE through a scripted process.

The Dickens Process is based on Charles Dickens' story of the life-changing transformation of Ebenezer Scrooge in A Christmas Carol. In the story, a selfish, miserly Scrooge is forced by three ghosts to fully experience the impact of his actions in the past, the present, and the future. Horrified by what he sees, including the loss of his fiance, the death of Tiny Tim, and his own unsung death, he is immediately and permanently transformed into a loving, generous man.

The Dickens Process takes you through the same experience by asking questions that force you to examine the impact of your own limiting beliefs and actions in the past, present, and predictable future. The end result is that you experience an epiphany that motivates you long-term. Rather than go through the whole process, I'll just link to it here:

The Dickens Process

Based on the Dickens Process, I believe that you can manufacture your own f*ck This Event. You don't have to wait for one event where things suck so bad that you finally say, "f*ck this." The trick is that whatever you do, you have to feel it deeply, viscerally, in your bones. Emotion is the catalyst for action. And as Fastlaners, control over our emotions is a necessity.

So, how do you manufacture your own FTE, without having one superlatively crappy life event? Group a bunch of lowercase "f*ck this" events or emotions into one amalgamated uppercase "f*ck This" list (FTL). Let their combined emotional weight take the place of one single FTE.

A few days ago, I was feeling like crap because my fledgling business was not going as planned. Basically, I wasn't getting an immediate response from my first trial client, and was hinging my emotions on one event instead of a process. I've given up in the past when I've felt like that, and I don't want to do that this time. So, rather than go through the Dickens Process, I made a FTL that I can read through each day, that will serve as my surrogate FTE.

What does an FTL look like? Well, here's mine...excuse the excessive French, that's just how it came out:

The reasons why I must become a Fastlane entrepreneur:
  • Giving up on my dreams for years - f*ck this shit
  • Worrying about losing my job that I hate - f*ck this shit
  • Not being able to buy the things we want and need without worrying about money - f*ck this shit
  • Feeling so tired at the end of the day that I just want to lay down - f*ck this shit
  • Knowing that I'm being a bad example to my kids - f*ck this shit
  • Feeling like I'm falling into the same "failed entrepreneur" trap my dad did - f*ck this shit
  • Feeling like a loser because each job is worse than the last - f*ck this shit
  • Watching our lifestyle decline each month - f*ck this shit
  • Knowing that we're just one bad month from being broke - f*ck this shit
  • Feeling like a phony - f*ck this shit
  • Being ashamed of the car that I drive because I can't afford better - f*ck this shit
  • Making constant excuses for why things are okay the way they are...even though I know they're not - f*ck this shit
  • Spending time inside a cubicle on a perfect spring day - f*ck this shit
  • Wearing shoes with holes in the bottoms because I can't afford new shoes - f*ck this shit
  • Having to accept my father-in-law's handouts and feeling like a loser - f*ck this shit
  • Relying on the kindness of others to make our lives work - f*ck this shit
  • Feeling hopeless - f*ck this shit
  • Feeling less free as I get older, instead of more free - f*ck this shit
  • Looking back at my dreams and hating myself for not achieving them - f*ck this shit
  • Feeling more and more desperate as I try each new business venture - f*ck this shit
  • Looking at our draining bank accounts and having to push down the feelings of panic - f*ck this shit
  • Holding off on buying things because we can't afford them - f*ck this shit
  • Driving two 18+ year old cars because we can't afford anything newer - f*ck this shit
  • Doing repairs on the house and cars myself because we can't afford to pay for it - f*ck this shit
  • Relying on the government for money and a job - f*ck this shit
  • Dressing like a bum because I can't buy nicer clothes - f*ck this shit
  • Feeling bad about the money I spend on myself because it takes away from my family - f*ck this shit
  • Being embarassed that I'm trying yet another way to make money after failing so many times - f*ck this shit
  • Knowing that we'll never be able to retire if nothing changes - f*ck this shit
  • Being afraid of the future - f*ck this shit
  • Being ashamed of myself for not living up to my potential - f*ck this shit
  • Looking at the older people that I work with, and knowing that's what I'll look like if this continues - f*ck this shit
  • Asking permission to go to the bathroom, take a break, leave early, come in late, or take a day off - f*ck this shit
  • Working with people I don't like, and pretending to like them even though they're not very nice - f*ck this shit
  • Skipping the things we used to love doing because we can't afford them (like the local theme park) - f*ck this shit
  • My wife having to work at a crappy job just to make ends meet - f*ck this shit
I hope this helps somebody here. Your mileage may vary. This seems to be working for me, because I'm not willing to let things get any worse before I work to make them better. Hell, maybe the day I wrote this was my f*ck This Event...doesn't matter, because I've said the magic words:

"f*ck This Shit, I won't take it any longer."

What does your f*ck This List look like?
This works. Really well. Thank you.

Saad Khan

Amazon Ads Guy
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
173%
Mar 14, 2021
Pakistan
I'm going to drop an FTL cause I am in college and I don't have any motivation to be persistent with my efforts. I haven't had any FTE, but now I'm writing down a list of things I don't want to face. When I look at this list, it will be a good kick in the back.

Here's my FTL:

Knowing that studying a degree that would get me a job with $1 per/hour - f*CK this shit
Knowing that getting 93% in board exams doesn't mean sh*t except for some stupid compliments which weren't even genuine - f*CK this shit
Gambling on my career that I'll study so hard for 2 years for a test with 60k other students and end up knowing that I was just 0.5% off the merit list and sabotage my future because that just happened to my cousin and she's devastated and got no choice but to try again this year. Btw she literally studied 2 years for this sh*t - f*ck this shit
Not being able to buy a new PC so I can play the latest games and make valuable videos - f*ck this shit
Giving up on the dream of building my own gaming dojo filled with obnoxious lighting - f*ck this shit
Knowing that I will end up like my cousin who is always on the brink of getting fired because he's replaceable - f*ck this shit
Knowing that I'll end up being thrown around unless I don't learn valuable skills - f*ck this shit
Not having enough time to travel the world and see it from new perspectives - f*ck this shit
Not being able to buy good things for parents and family - f*ck this shit
Not having enough time for my family and kids - f*ck this shit
Knowing that I'll end up ruining my physical and mental health - f*ck this shit
Watching YouTube the whole day because I don't know what else to do - f*ck this shit
Struggling to make ends meet - f*ck this shit
Not having a personal home so I can build whatever I want anywhere - f*ck this shit
Being overworked and bossed around for the same pay - f*ck this shit
Being treated like an animal by my boss - f*ck this shit
Having to wake up early in the morning despite being sick - f*ck this shit
Going to work on sick days because I'll get laid off if I don't - f*ck this shit

I really hope I get an FTE soon, because I can't wait to stop action faking

Last edited:

Gnorx

New Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
33%
Jun 26, 2022
Hamburg, Germany
One of the biggest questions I had while reading UNSCRIPTED and TMF was, "How do I get motivated if I haven't had a 'F*ck This Event'?" Do I really have to hit rock bottom before I can start climbing upward?

Hell if I know, but maybe I have an answer for those who haven't experienced a genuine F*ck This Event.

First, though, let me tell you about the Tony Robbins "Dickens Process". If you've ever read one of his books (especially Awaken the Giant Within) or been to one of his events (e.g. Unleash the Power Within), you may have heard of this or experienced it. Basically, you're manufacturing an FTE through a scripted process.

The Dickens Process is based on Charles Dickens' story of the life-changing transformation of Ebenezer Scrooge in A Christmas Carol. In the story, a selfish, miserly Scrooge is forced by three ghosts to fully experience the impact of his actions in the past, the present, and the future. Horrified by what he sees, including the loss of his fiance, the death of Tiny Tim, and his own unsung death, he is immediately and permanently transformed into a loving, generous man.

The Dickens Process takes you through the same experience by asking questions that force you to examine the impact of your own limiting beliefs and actions in the past, present, and predictable future. The end result is that you experience an epiphany that motivates you long-term. Rather than go through the whole process, I'll just link to it here:

The Dickens Process

Based on the Dickens Process, I believe that you can manufacture your own F*ck This Event. You don't have to wait for one event where things suck so bad that you finally say, "F*ck this." The trick is that whatever you do, you have to feel it deeply, viscerally, in your bones. Emotion is the catalyst for action. And as Fastlaners, control over our emotions is a necessity.

So, how do you manufacture your own FTE, without having one superlatively crappy life event? Group a bunch of lowercase "F*ck this" events or emotions into one amalgamated uppercase "F*ck This" list (FTL). Let their combined emotional weight take the place of one single FTE.

A few days ago, I was feeling like crap because my fledgling business was not going as planned. Basically, I wasn't getting an immediate response from my first trial client, and was hinging my emotions on one event instead of a process. I've given up in the past when I've felt like that, and I don't want to do that this time. So, rather than go through the Dickens Process, I made a FTL that I can read through each day, that will serve as my surrogate FTE.

What does an FTL look like? Well, here's mine...excuse the excessive French, that's just how it came out:

• Giving up on my dreams for years - F*ck this shit
  • Worrying about losing my job that I hate - F*ck this shit
  • Not being able to buy the things we want and need without worrying about money - F*ck this shit
  • Feeling so tired at the end of the day that I just want to lay down - F*ck this shit
  • Knowing that I'm being a bad example to my kids - F*ck this shit
  • Feeling like I'm falling into the same "failed entrepreneur" trap my dad did - F*ck this shit
  • Feeling like a loser because each job is worse than the last - F*ck this shit
  • Watching our lifestyle decline each month - F*ck this shit
  • Knowing that we're just one bad month from being broke - F*ck this shit
  • Feeling like a phony - F*ck this shit
  • Being ashamed of the car that I drive because I can't afford better - F*ck this shit
  • Making constant excuses for why things are okay the way they are...even though I know they're not - F*ck this shit
  • Spending time inside a cubicle on a perfect spring day - F*ck this shit
  • Wearing shoes with holes in the bottoms because I can't afford new shoes - F*ck this shit
  • Having to accept my father-in-law's handouts and feeling like a loser - F*ck this shit
  • Relying on the kindness of others to make our lives work - F*ck this shit
  • Feeling hopeless - F*ck this shit
  • Feeling less free as I get older, instead of more free - F*ck this shit
  • Looking back at my dreams and hating myself for not achieving them - F*ck this shit
  • Feeling more and more desperate as I try each new business venture - F*ck this shit
  • Looking at our draining bank accounts and having to push down the feelings of panic - F*ck this shit
  • Holding off on buying things because we can't afford them - F*ck this shit
  • Driving two 18+ year old cars because we can't afford anything newer - F*ck this shit
  • Doing repairs on the house and cars myself because we can't afford to pay for it - F*ck this shit
  • Relying on the government for money and a job - F*ck this shit
  • Dressing like a bum because I can't buy nicer clothes - F*ck this shit
  • Feeling bad about the money I spend on myself because it takes away from my family - F*ck this shit
  • Being embarassed that I'm trying yet another way to make money after failing so many times - F*ck this shit
  • Knowing that we'll never be able to retire if nothing changes - F*ck this shit
  • Being afraid of the future - F*ck this shit
  • Being ashamed of myself for not living up to my potential - F*ck this shit
  • Looking at the older people that I work with, and knowing that's what I'll look like if this continues - F*ck this shit
  • Asking permission to go to the bathroom, take a break, leave early, come in late, or take a day off - F*ck this shit
  • Working with people I don't like, and pretending to like them even though they're not very nice - F*ck this shit
  • Skipping the things we used to love doing because we can't afford them (like the local theme park) - F*ck this shit
  • My wife having to work at a crappy job just to make ends meet - F*ck this shit
I hope this helps somebody here. Your mileage may vary. This seems to be working for me, because I'm not willing to let things get any worse before I work to make them better. Hell, maybe the day I wrote this was my F*ck This Event...doesn't matter, because I've said the magic words:

"F*ck This Shit, I won't take it any longer."

What does your F*ck This List look like?
Thank you, that is exactly what I was looking for. After reading Unscripted this one point bothered me. I am one of those guys that has a really comfortable life. While forgotten dreams itch at the back of my mind I do not feel the hunger DeMarco writes about. Since I didn’t have a FTE yet and are not to likely to experience one soon (Live is quite good) I thought this whole „Get an entrepreneur and change the world a bit“-thing was out of my reach.
With your idea of a FTL there is hope.
My sincere thanks
You might be the reason I’m not giving up bevor I’ve even begun.

DougRMR

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
121%
Apr 19, 2019
One of the biggest questions I had while reading UNSCRIPTED and TMF was, "How do I get motivated if I haven't had a 'F*ck This Event'?" Do I really have to hit rock bottom before I can start climbing upward?

Hell if I know, but maybe I have an answer for those who haven't experienced a genuine F*ck This Event.

The Dickens Process

Based on the Dickens Process, I believe that you can manufacture your own F*ck This Event. You don't have to wait for one event where things suck so bad that you finally say, "F*ck this." The trick is that whatever you do, you have to feel it deeply, viscerally, in your bones. Emotion is the catalyst for action. And as Fastlaners, control over our emotions is a necessity.

So, how do you manufacture your own FTE, without having one superlatively crappy life event? Group a bunch of lowercase "F*ck this" events or emotions into one amalgamated uppercase "F*ck This" list (FTL). Let their combined emotional weight take the place of one single FTE.

• Giving up on my dreams for years - F*ck this shit
  • Worrying about losing my job that I hate - F*ck this shit
  • Not being able to buy the things we want and need without worrying about money - F*ck this shit
  • Feeling so tired at the end of the day that I just want to lay down - F*ck this shit
  • Knowing that I'm being a bad example to my kids - F*ck this shit
  • Feeling like I'm falling into the same "failed entrepreneur" trap my dad did - F*ck this shit
  • Feeling like a loser because each job is worse than the last - F*ck this shit
  • Watching our lifestyle decline each month - F*ck this shit
  • Knowing that we're just one bad month from being broke - F*ck this shit
  • Feeling like a phony - F*ck this shit
  • Being ashamed of the car that I drive because I can't afford better - F*ck this shit
  • Making constant excuses for why things are okay the way they are...even though I know they're not - F*ck this shit
  • Spending time inside a cubicle on a perfect spring day - F*ck this shit
  • Wearing shoes with holes in the bottoms because I can't afford new shoes - F*ck this shit
  • Having to accept my father-in-law's handouts and feeling like a loser - F*ck this shit
  • Relying on the kindness of others to make our lives work - F*ck this shit
  • Feeling hopeless - F*ck this shit
  • Feeling less free as I get older, instead of more free - F*ck this shit
  • Looking back at my dreams and hating myself for not achieving them - F*ck this shit
  • Feeling more and more desperate as I try each new business venture - F*ck this shit
  • Looking at our draining bank accounts and having to push down the feelings of panic - F*ck this shit
  • Holding off on buying things because we can't afford them - F*ck this shit
  • Driving two 18+ year old cars because we can't afford anything newer - F*ck this shit
  • Doing repairs on the house and cars myself because we can't afford to pay for it - F*ck this shit
  • Relying on the government for money and a job - F*ck this shit
  • Dressing like a bum because I can't buy nicer clothes - F*ck this shit
  • Feeling bad about the money I spend on myself because it takes away from my family - F*ck this shit
  • Being embarassed that I'm trying yet another way to make money after failing so many times - F*ck this shit
  • Knowing that we'll never be able to retire if nothing changes - F*ck this shit
  • Being afraid of the future - F*ck this shit
  • Being ashamed of myself for not living up to my potential - F*ck this shit
  • Looking at the older people that I work with, and knowing that's what I'll look like if this continues - F*ck this shit
  • Asking permission to go to the bathroom, take a break, leave early, come in late, or take a day off - F*ck this shit
  • Working with people I don't like, and pretending to like them even though they're not very nice - F*ck this shit
  • Skipping the things we used to love doing because we can't afford them (like the local theme park) - F*ck this shit
  • My wife having to work at a crappy job just to make ends meet - F*ck this shit
I hope this helps somebody here. Your mileage may vary. This seems to be working for me, because I'm not willing to let things get any worse before I work to make them better. Hell, maybe the day I wrote this was my F*ck This Event...doesn't matter, because I've said the magic words:

"F*ck This Shit, I won't take it any longer."

What does your F*ck This List look like?
Damn dude. I've written a "personal constitution" based on 7 Habits of Highly Effective People where you write down your core values and life mission. It has helped me a lot. The F*ck This List is like the opposite of that in the sense that it constantly reminds you what you DON'T want to do or end up. Will definitely do this and memorize it to heart

A

Anon05554

If ever there was a time for me to throw in the towel, it would be now. My FTMs are as many as the Ukrainians that have perished during this unnecessary war.

Right now in Uganda, the President has increased the pay for Teachers of Science subjects by 300% .He claims teachers of Arts are comedians and rumour mongers. BTW, yours truly has been teaching English Language for the past 17 years and currently earns 2150$ annually.

In effect, the Arts teachers have put their tools down, protesting this discrimination. It has been a tense two weeks.

We have been given until 30th June to go back to class, or be deleted from the payroll.

Officials from the ministry are doing daily roll calls of teachers who have heeded their threats!

I have not yet gone back, but I wish I was in a position to say F*ck you to this shitty job that pays peanuts.

F*ck the fact that my hubby is another teacher of language!

F*ck this dictatorial regime!

F*ck the fact that I have a loan to pay for the next two years, and so does my husband!

F*ck the Arts teachers who have already given in to the script!

F*ck ,f*ck,f*ck..

F*ck the fact that if a miracle does not happen and the Industrial Action is officially called off by our leaders, I will be forced to go back to school !

DougRMR

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
121%
Apr 19, 2019

If ever there was a time for me to throw in the towel, it would be now. My FTMs are as many as the Ukrainians that have perished during this unnecessary war.

Right now in Uganda, the President has increased the pay for Teachers of Science subjects by 300% .He claims teachers of Arts are comedians and rumour mongers. BTW, yours truly has been teaching English Language for the past 17 years and currently earns 2150$ annually.

In effect, the Arts teachers have put their tools down, protesting this discrimination. It has been a tense two weeks.

We have been given until 30th June to go back to class, or be deleted from the payroll.

Officials from the ministry are doing daily roll calls of teachers who have heeded their threats!

I have not yet gone back, but I wish I was in a position to say F*ck you to this shitty job that pays peanuts.

F*ck the fact that my hubby is another teacher of language!

F*ck this dictatorial regime!

F*ck the fact that I have a loan to pay for the next two years, and so does my husband!

F*ck the Arts teachers who have already given in to the script!

F*ck ,f*ck,f*ck..

F*ck the fact that if a miracle does not happen and the Industrial Action is officially called off by our leaders, I will be forced to go back to school !
I'm so sorry. What you're going through sounds insane. As someone living in a country that's economically f*cked, I can relate. Going to college here is completely useless, even if you're a doctor or engineer because the U.S. will always pay better wages. So anyone here who studies high demand jobs will still get royally f*cked while our politicians do jackshit and get paid 110k a year.

I wish you the best. Have you tried to start something fastlane? At least through the internet?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.