The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Lots of little wins but never fast or big enough.

Burtronnegut

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
171%
Dec 5, 2020
United Kingdom
Hi Fastlane forum,

I listened to the millionaire Fastlane audio book back in 2015 or 16 and, well, didn't do anything about it.

I was running a marketing agency I founded with a friend back in 2012. We did okay, making around $90,000 a year each but we struggled to push it further. I sold my shares to him at the end of 2017 and went to travel SE Asia after reading the Four Hour Work Week. Which drew me in like crack and didn't really let go until last year. Who is he kidding with that book? And look at all of the bro nomads he's created!

Anyway, in September 2019 I accepted the CMO role at a fintech startup with a 4% shareholding. It's great and there's a chance it could really payoff but I don't feel I have much control and I am hungry for more. Which brought me back to the millionaire Fastlane and now UNSCRIPTED which I started reading a couple days ago and am around 70% of the way through.

I'm 30 and my wife is pregnant with our first kid, due next month. We're comfortable but I want to do more.

In all honesty, I've had it easy at times and have a desire to push and do hard things just to see what happens. I fear regretting not trying.

Also, I guess people would consider me a marketer but I hate the industry with all my heart. This forum feels like one of the only places where I could actually engage with people, being a bit of an introvert I tend to avoid that and really struggle with online chat.

Anyway, just trying to be as honest as possible. Really looking to getting stuck into the forum and getting/giving advice.

Cheers,
Joe

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
I guess people would consider me a marketer but I hate the industry with all my heart.
There’s a lot to dislike about the marketing industry, however, we’re able to help people keep a roof over their heads. That can be a calling if you let it.

Burtronnegut

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
171%
Dec 5, 2020
United Kingdom
There’s a lot to dislike about the marketing industry, however, we’re able to help people keep a roof over their heads. That can be a calling if you let it.
You're right. I'm sometimes ashamed to admit what I do. Which I know is ridiculous. I actually enjoy the process of marketing (in the right way). But I dislike the industry in general. Thanks for putting a positive spin on it :)

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...