The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Life... and Joel Osteen.

Anything related to matters of the mind

Tanishatheangel

Bronze Contributor
Sep 22, 2017
life
this is something that you would benefit from greatly so read it slowly, ponder on it and write it down, down rush by this

this is by joel osteen

We forget how fragile life really is.
We wait for thanksgiving to give thanks.
We wait for christmas to give gifts.
We wait for valentines day to express love to people we hold dear.
We say to ourselves; today is just an ordinary day.
AND WE WAIT.
And while we wait, the clock ticks.
Precious moments pass by.
But in reality, there is no such thing as an ordinary day.
Everyday is a gift.
It is unique and irreplacable.
Its hours can be used or misused.
Invested or wasted.
GOD, TEACH US TO NUMBER OUR DAYS!

please consider this and really apply it to your life

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Raoul Duke

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
324%
Feb 26, 2016
ace_ventura_barf-250x200.gif

LeoistheSun

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
152%
Oct 3, 2017
Honolulu
Most people act like they're going to live forever.

Do something that satisfies both short term and long term visions for bringing benefits to others, that way if your life is cut short, you would have accomplished something.

jon.a

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
329%
Sep 29, 2012
Near San Diego
Why are you here?

this is something that you would benefit from greatly so read it slowly, ponder on it and write it down, down rush by this

this is by joel osteen

We forget how fragile life really is.
We wait for thanksgiving to give thanks.
We wait for christmas to give gifts.
We wait for valentines day to express love to people we hold dear.
We say to ourselves; today is just an ordinary day.
AND WE WAIT.
And while we wait, the clock ticks.
Precious moments pass by.
But in reality, there is no such thing as an ordinary day.
Everyday is a gift.
It is unique and irreplacable.
Its hours can be used or misused.
Invested or wasted.
GOD, TEACH US TO NUMBER OUR DAYS!

BrooklynHustle

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
207%
Apr 3, 2014
DMV
This dude was in my class in HS. We used to play bball in the schoolyard and that kind of thing.

Never saw him becoming that kind of villain, but hey... you never know.

BrooklynHustle

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
207%
Apr 3, 2014
DMV
Why are you here?
Not a fan of Joel Osteen or the poem really, but the message isn't bad:

Value your time & act with urgency

....assuming I am reading things right... I can get behind that message (once you strip away all the flowers)

SteveO

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
456%
Jul 24, 2007
@jon.a and @theag are no nonsense people on this forum. They want to see it focused and pointed at discussion that helps people move forward or drives business thinking. Excellent assets to the forum.

I feel that even the people that have different thoughts or philosophies should be welcome here. The exception of course is when someone becomes a negative distraction.

I did not intend to say anything negative about Tanisha. My comment was intended to express my disdain for Joel Osteen. His organization works hard to obtain money from the downtrodden that feel there is a glimmer of hope for their souls by supporting him. My mother is extremely mentally ill and vulnerable to this type of solicitation. She has never had extra money to spend. But, she was one of the many targets. All this while he lives a life of luxury.

So as a personal opinion, I do not care for Osteen.

You could certainly say that he lives a life in the fastlane. But, he leaves dead bodies behind him.

Last edited:

BrooklynHustle

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
207%
Apr 3, 2014
DMV
@jon.a and @theag are no nonsense people on this forum. They want to see it focused and pointed at discussion that helps people move forward or drives business thinking.

I feel that even the people that have different thoughts or philosophies should be welcome here. The exception of course is when someone becomes a negative distraction.

I did not intend to say anything negative about Tanisha. My comment was intended to express my disdain for Joel Osteen. His organization works hard to obtain money from the downtrodden that feel there is a glimmer of hope for their souls by supporting him. My mother is extremely mentally ill and vulnerable to this type of solicitation. She has never had extra money to spend. But, she was one of the many targets. All this while he lives a life of luxury.

You could certainly say that he lives a life in the fastlane. But, he leaves dead bodies behind him.
I certainly agree with that sentiment.

Not a fan of what he does or how he does it.

EvanOkanagan

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
380%
Aug 2, 2013

That was a great message in the post. However, it's credibility is likely immediately tarnished by many after realizing who was the OP.

Have you yourself even adopted this mentality? And why should we believe you that this will benefit us greatly?

You've had many threads, but not a single progress thread to provide value to the forum from life experiences. That's great for maybe Reddit? But why continue posting on the Fastlane Forum? These threads seem more like action 'fakes'.

What are YOU waiting for @Tanisha? While you wait, the clock ticks. Precious moments pass by. But in reality, there is no such thing as an ordinary day. Everyday is a gift. It is unique and irreplacable. Its hours can be used or misused. Invested or wasted.

(Feel like I'm typing to a brick wall when I post these serious responses)

theag

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
Jan 19, 2012
My comment was intended to express my disdain for Joel Osteen.
Haven't heard of the guy and just looked him up. Never knew that a private church could be such a big business. F*cking crazy. "Only in America" I guess.

Over here we are forced to finance churches with a church tax. You can opt out of it, most people don't though.

Maybe theres a business opportunity for a "privatized Islam" with all the refugees coming in here :smuggy:

Last edited:

BrooklynHustle

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
207%
Apr 3, 2014
DMV
Haven't heard of the guy and just looked him up. Never knew that a private church could be such a big business. F*cking crazy. "Only in America" I guess.

Over here we are forced to finance churches with a church tax. You can opt out of it, most people don't though.

Maybe theres a business opportunity for a "privatized Islam" with all the refugees coming in here :smuggy:
There are lot of countries where religion is big business

Ninjakid

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
217%
Jun 23, 2014
Buddy Guy Eh
The message here is not bad actually, but Joel Osteen sounds like a twerp

Longinus

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
441%
Aug 28, 2014
Poland / Belgium
Where are you located?
That must be a German thing.

I think that's a better solution than in my country where government (so also non-religious citizen like me) pays for all the religious matters (including priests, imams, schools, buildings etc). It's a fossilized law from Napoleon.

This thread is suddenly more interesting.

theag

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
Jan 19, 2012
Where are you located?
Germany
That must be a German thing.
Yeah, but seems like its the same in many other European countries. Either theres a special tax or paid directly by the state from general tax income.
There are lot of countries where religion is big business
After some thinking it doesn't really surprise me anymore. I guess "hope" is one of the biggest markets in the world.

Kinda related to SteveO's post about Osteen: I know that some of the German VCs who shout the loudest about "making the world a better place" actually made most of their profits in a BS faith reading business. Business ethics at its finest.

JAJT

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
549%
Aug 7, 2012
Ontario, Canada
You've had many threads, but not a single progress thread to provide value to the forum from life experiences. That's great for maybe Reddit? But why continue posting on the Fastlane Forum? These threads seem more like action 'fakes'.

@Tanishatheangel - to use your own words: this is something that you would benefit from greatly so read it slowly, ponder on it and write it down, don't rush by this

Seriously, I don't like ripping folks apart, but this is seriously worth looking at:

- You have 101 messages and 77 likes at the time I post this. That's less than 1 person saying you add value for every post you provide. It's SERIOUSLY not difficult to hit 1-for-1. Or 2-for-1. Or greater. If you say something that even a few stray folks agree with you'd hit that. You have to really be sucking the life out of the room to go below a ratio of 1.

- You have 16 threads in 101 posts!! Why?!? This wouldn't even be a bad thing if my first point wasn't true. If you had 101 posts and 2000 likes - keep that shit up. However at less than 1 post for 1 like though, you're talking AT us, not TO us. Your messages aren't resonating.

You've already been banned TWICE from this forum and it seems like nothing has F*cking changed.

Have you even started 1 business in all that time?
Have you learned anything worth sharing?
Why do you keep talking and talking and talking AT us instead of TO us?

Where is your progress thread?
Where is the value you can provide?

After being banned, if you came back and posted a thread that said "I got banned, looked at my life, changed a bunch of shit, and started a business, let's do this!" then we would have showered you in adulation. But what did you do after being banned the second time? You came back to post yet another non-stop stream of crap that benefits nobody.

Perhaps the absolute best thing you can do is take these nonsense, low-effort, low-value posts and bring them over to Reddit where they would be appreciated and adored. Shit, you'll probably even get Reddit Gold a few times over there and feel awesome about what you post.

Sorry to sound harsh but what you're posting is clearly neither appreciated nor adored here.

Show us YOUR progress.
Show us YOUR growth.
Or show us NOTHING.

jesseissorude

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
213%
Jun 12, 2014
Nashville
I agree with BrooklynHustle.

Joel Osteen creeps me out (can't wait for his upcoming sex scandal, I bet it'll be a good one!)

But there's value in remembering that you have limited time on this earth, so SHOW UP!

I used to have panic attacks really bad (1x/week for 1 year, then 1x/month for 3 years after) and the thing about panic is that you are SURE you are about to die and you are SURE that this time is 100% different from all the previous times. It's traumatic, it sucks, and it makes you feel hopeless.

But one good thing that comes out of it is that, once it's over and you recognize that you were never in any real danger, you remember that life isn't a given and that you have to decide what you want and go get it.

Personally, I'd rather have one of those "memento mori" coins in my pocket at all times rather than the looming spectre of a goddamn panic attack... but hey, worked for me! YMMV ;)

Tanishatheangel

Bronze Contributor
Sep 22, 2017
life
I agree with BrooklynHustle.

Joel Osteen creeps me out (can't wait for his upcoming sex scandal, I bet it'll be a good one!)

But there's value in remembering that you have limited time on this earth, so SHOW UP!

I used to have panic attacks really bad (1x/week for 1 year, then 1x/month for 3 years after) and the thing about panic is that you are SURE you are about to die and you are SURE that this time is 100% different from all the previous times. It's traumatic, it sucks, and it makes you feel hopeless.

But one good thing that comes out of it is that, once it's over and you recognize that you were never in any real danger, you remember that life isn't a given and that you have to decide what you want and go get it.

Personally, I'd rather have one of those "memento mori" coins in my pocket at all times rather than the looming spectre of a goddamn panic attack... but hey, worked for me! YMMV ;)

that really hits me when you say life isnt a given, one time i was eating a tomato sandwhich and i choked on the tomato skin, i couldnt breath and was so scared i didnt know what i was gonna do, you just never know how life will turn out

ddzc

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
216%
May 22, 2012
Toronto
@Tanishatheangel - to use your own words: this is something that you would benefit from greatly so read it slowly, ponder on it and write it down, don't rush by this

Seriously, I don't like ripping folks apart, but this is seriously worth looking at:

- You have 101 messages and 77 likes at the time I post this. That's less than 1 person saying you add value for every post you provide. It's SERIOUSLY not difficult to hit 1-for-1. Or 2-for-1. Or greater. If you say something that even a few stray folks agree with you'd hit that. You have to really be sucking the life out of the room to go below a ratio of 1.

- You have 16 threads in 101 posts!! Why?!? This wouldn't even be a bad thing if my first point wasn't true. If you had 101 posts and 2000 likes - keep that sh*t up. However at less than 1 post for 1 like though, you're talking AT us, not TO us. Your messages aren't resonating.

You've already been banned TWICE from this forum and it seems like nothing has f*cking changed.

Have you even started 1 business in all that time?
Have you learned anything worth sharing?
Why do you keep talking and talking and talking AT us instead of TO us?

Where is your progress thread?
Where is the value you can provide?

After being banned, if you came back and posted a thread that said "I got banned, looked at my life, changed a bunch of sh*t, and started a business, let's do this!" then we would have showered you in adulation. But what did you do after being banned the second time? You came back to post yet another non-stop stream of crap that benefits nobody.

Perhaps the absolute best thing you can do is take these nonsense, low-effort, low-value posts and bring them over to Reddit where they would be appreciated and adored. sh*t, you'll probably even get Reddit Gold a few times over there and feel awesome about what you post.

Sorry to sound harsh but what you're posting is clearly neither appreciated nor adored here.

Show us YOUR progress.
Show us YOUR growth.
Or show us NOTHING.

100% agree, but unfortunately this post is going to go in one ear and out the other, totally ignored. I think she just started another useless thread a few mins ago lol. I swear I saw yellow tulips the other day and got traumatized, thanks for that Tanisha.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
@Tanishatheangel -- you've been banned twice. At the moment, you have 1 foot out the door and 9 toes and I'm still yet to review your rude and offensive PMs others have reported, calling people fat and ugly? You think that's going to work around here?

Take the advice people here are giving you. You've been giving a SECOND and a THIRD chance.

You will not get another.

This is the one warning. There will not be another.

STOP USING THIS FORUM AS YOUR PERSONAL BLOG as if you were a rock-star talking to your fans.

Show us YOUR progress.
Show us YOUR growth.
Or show us NOTHING.

Absolutely.

@Tanishatheangel if I see the tulips again in another new post and it's not something of beneficial value, you will be removed for the last and final time.

Iammelissamoore

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
239%
Sep 23, 2014
Trinidad and Tobago
@jon.a and @theag are no nonsense people on this forum. They want to see it focused and pointed at discussion that helps people move forward or drives business thinking. Excellent assets to the forum.

I could not have said it better!

Also, often, like many gurus, they sell empty hope. Hope doesn't pay bills, mortgages or bring any real solutions to pressing issues. While the message may be great, and I respect the inspiration of OP to make a genuine point, my dislike for empty-hope-pushers, is that they push a philosophy that 'we do not hold the power within to excel or to change the situations we find ourselves in, neither do they believe that can we get great things initiated on our own.'

This far too often promotes inaction and the reliance of "someone else" to do stuff for us.

While I do agree that "it takes a village" - if one person doesn't decide to break a cycle of negatives, great movements amongst "villages" (groups) won't happen.

Last edited:

jesseissorude

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
213%
Jun 12, 2014
Nashville
one time i was eating a tomato sandwhich and i choked on the tomato skin