JeromeB
New Contributor
Hey guys,
I am a french guy who's been living in Asia for 15 years, worked for big firms and opened 900 stores there... and now looking for having a new start with my own business. I follow my partner to the US and will set-up my chain of restaurants.
Anyone can advice me on the legal structure: It seems C Corp is the best option for me (especially as a foreigner) but in which state should I set it up?
In addition, each restaurant in each state should belong to the same legal entity or be a different entity?
How to optimize tax structure? I understand there are: sales state tax+state income tax+federal income tax, correct? What are the mechanisms to implement in order to minimize taxes?
Thanks in advance guys!
I am a french guy who's been living in Asia for 15 years, worked for big firms and opened 900 stores there... and now looking for having a new start with my own business. I follow my partner to the US and will set-up my chain of restaurants.
Anyone can advice me on the legal structure: It seems C Corp is the best option for me (especially as a foreigner) but in which state should I set it up?
In addition, each restaurant in each state should belong to the same legal entity or be a different entity?
How to optimize tax structure? I understand there are: sales state tax+state income tax+federal income tax, correct? What are the mechanisms to implement in order to minimize taxes?
Thanks in advance guys!
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
