The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

Learning to code, pays of, even before you can code.

Remove ads while supporting the Unscripted philosophy...become an INSIDER.

KasperJarl

Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Dec 19, 2019
(Sorry for my english, it's not my first or second language:hilarious:)

This is my progress thread on learning to program from absolutely scratch, not even knowing, what i don't know.

A couple of weeks ago, I determined that I wanted to learn to code. The decision was made on getting a firm grip on a "fast lane" skill.

I got the basic (with basic, I really mean the basic) down on how to use command line, html and css and have now moved on to ruby. (I will begin to learn Ruby on Rails, when i'm so what "comfortable" with ruby.)

What I mean with it all ready paying off, even tho I can't program yet, is that i'm all ready seeing amazing opportunities in my current business for programs that will save me a lot of work.

I will start programming on this idea, this weekend and learn as I go. Trail and error baby:thumbsup::shit:

Have a great day.

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

MJ DeMarco

Administrator
Staff member
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Millionaire Fastlane
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Jul 23, 2007
Fountain Hills, AZ
Congrats man, learning a new skill (no matter what it is) is a great accomplishment. Carry this mindset through life and you will do well. :thumbsup:

KasperJarl

Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Dec 19, 2019
Congrats man, learning a new skill (no matter what it is) is a great accomplishment. Carry this mindset through life and you will do well. :thumbsup:

Thanks. I've noticed that you're actually commenting and engaging a lot. - So I just wanted to say I really admire and respect what you and the community here have build. It is truly unik.

MayaM

New Contributor
Jan 15, 2020

This is my progress thread on learning to program from absolutely scratch, not even knowing, what i don't know.

A couple of weeks ago, I determined that I wanted to learn to code. The decision was made on getting a firm grip on a "fast lane" skill.

I got the basic (with basic, I really mean the basic) down on how to use command line, html and css and have now moved on to ruby. (I will begin to learn Ruby on Rails, when i'm so what "comfortable" with ruby.)

What I mean with it all ready paying off, even tho I can't program yet, is that i'm all ready seeing amazing opportunities in my current business for programs that will save me a lot of work.

I will start programming on this idea, this weekend and learn as I go. Trail and error baby:thumbsup::shit:

Have a great day.
Hey Kasper,

Your English is great. I've wanted to learn how to code for a couple of days now, any tips on how to get started? What resources did you use to get the basics down?

Smuggo

Bronze Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Apr 13, 2018
Hey Kasper,

Your English is great. I've wanted to learn how to code for a couple of days now, any tips on how to get started? What resources did you use to get the basics down?

Why overcomplicate things? What language you want to learn? Udemy, google: HTML and CSS tutorial/JavaScript/Java/python and just start to code.

alexkuzmov

Silver Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Sep 20, 2019
Bulgaria

Have a great day.
Hey @KasperJarl
I`ve alot of experience as a developer, if you have questions drop me some in this thread.

Also check this thread: EXECUTION - F*ck it, i'm learning to code

Alot of people wrote in and provided alot of good suggestions.

Sponsored Offers

MARKETPLACE Lex DeVille's - Advanced Freelance Udemy Courses!
If you read the last message then you know I'm removing my courses from Udemy next month. You...
MARKETPLACE Fox Web School "Legend" Group Coaching Program 2020
I might join in a couple weeks. I have so many things I have to take care of and I hate to sound...
MARKETPLACE You Are One Call Away From Living Your Dream Life - LightHouse’s Accountability Program ⚡
This program helped me to triple my revenue over 7 months while also moving to a new city in the...
MARKETPLACE Grow Your Business With a Book (An Unorthodox Marketing Strategy That Built One of the Largest...
PS. what do you think about the idea of setting up live Busking experiences on Air BNB? I could...
FEATURED! Introducing... WEALTH EXPO$ED, A Short Story By MJ DeMarco
Hi Mj, I just bought it. And reading it. I think is a great idea to write using the stories to...
MARKETPLACE Kill Bigger Incubator
@Kak Thanks for the reply. Whats interesting is that I have an idea that's been cooking which...

Forum Sponsor

sponsor

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom