The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

EXECUTION F*ck it, i'm learning to code

Remove ads while supporting the Unscripted philosophy...become an INSIDER.

SeanLewis

Bronze Contributor
Read Millionaire Fastlane
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Aug 7, 2019
Sweden
Hey @alexkuzmov , thanks for checking in. I've been wanting to update the thread for a while now.

To be honest i feel a bit like a failure, haven't been able to bring myself to write about it.

I lost my job and apartment due to covid, or I guess my failure to deal with the situation.

After a few months I got into university(prep year for computer science), tuition is free and the loans are almost 0% interest so I guess it’s not a terrible deal. Managed to get a student apartment last month so i’m not on the streets anymore.

Needless to say it’s been a shitty year and I handled it poorly.

I’m starting to build things again, thinking about doing it in public and build some authority.

Feel like this is the first time I've been able to take a deep breath in the past 10 months.

I’m re-reading unscripted to get my head in the right space.

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

csalvato

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
May 5, 2014
Rocky Mountain West
Hey @alexkuzmov , thanks for checking in. I've been wanting to update the thread for a while now.

To be honest i feel a bit like a failure, haven't been able to bring myself to write about it.

I lost my job and apartment due to covid, or I guess my failure to deal with the situation.

After a few months I got into university(prep year for computer science), tuition is free and the loans are almost 0% interest so I guess it’s not a terrible deal. Managed to get a student apartment last month so i’m not on the streets anymore.

I’m starting to build things again, thinking about doing it in public and build some authority.

Feel like this is the first time I've been able to take a deep breath in the past 10 months.

Keep your head up, it gets better

alexkuzmov

Silver Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Sep 20, 2019
Bulgaria

This is a tough man.
Are you saying that you were homeless at one point?

alexkuzmov

Silver Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Sep 20, 2019
Bulgaria
Slept in my car for a bit, mostly stayed with friends.
Never had to sleep on a park bench or anything
What about the Upwork gigs, did it work out?
Also about the skills, did you build something yourself, finished a course?

zhangmin_007

New Contributor
Jun 25, 2019
这。比什么都重要。我对术语的任何定义都可以称为开发人员。但是除了大学过时的无关课程之外,我从未完成过任何形式的课程。我从一个问题开始,然后找到使用适合该过程的任何编程语言/工具/方法来解决该问题的最佳方法。通过研究其他应用程序/代码如何解决问题或实现所需的功能来学习。如果不相同,至少要接近它。然后,我研究所有我不了解的代码,并在此过程中学习大量知识。

因此,我强烈建议您定义要解决的问题/产品或应用要解决的问题,而不是遵循既定的课程。然后学习完成该任务所需的一切。

一切顺利... :)
Can not agree any more!

Muthembwa

New Contributor
Mar 14, 2019
This. More than anything else. I would be called a Developer by any definition of the term. But outside of outdated irrelevant course in university, I have never completed any course / curriculum of any kind. I start with a problem and then find the best way to solve it using whatever programming language / tool / method is suitable for the process. I learn by looking at how other applications / code has solved the problem or implemented the feature I need. If not the same, at least something close to it. Then I research everything about the code I don't understand and learn tonnes in the process.

So instead of following set curriculum I would strongly urge you to define a problem to solve / product or app to make. Then learn whatever it is you need to accomplish that.

All the best... :)
This sounds like MJ

Sponsored Offers

MARKETPLACE Fox Web School "Legend" Group Coaching Program 2021
Hi - can you DM me your info and I will send on some proper links. I could type it out but it...
FEATURED! Introducing... WEALTH EXPO$ED, A Short Story By MJ DeMarco
It's an affiliate link, so it's hard to give those up! The affiliate links are automatically...
MARKETPLACE Not sure how to start? This free book will teach you how to build a successful web design business
I would suggest you change the free book to paid as soon as possible, and use the revenue to...
MARKETPLACE Lex DeVille's - Advanced Freelance Udemy Courses!
A week ago someone asked if one of my courses is still relevant (referring to the Upwork...
MARKETPLACE You Are One Call Away From Living Your Dream Life - LightHouse’s Accountability Program ⚡
Thanks for clearing that up. What do you recommend for those who are still in the process of...
MARKETPLACE Kill Bigger Incubator
I have not offered one of these in a while, but it looks like I have time to take on an...

What are Fastlaners Currently Reading?

Forum Sponsor

Grow an online business:
- Start immediately!
- Master business skills!
- 100+ Fastlane students enrolled!
Review & Details >

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads