The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Launched over the weekend, got (soft) clients... now what?

welshmin

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
202%
Feb 4, 2016
Brisbane, Australia
Unsure if this is the right forum for it, I believe it would come under "Business Management" perhaps?

So, I went the path of the productized service. A specialized Facebook Marketing agency focused in a particular niche.

Buzz words a plenty.

And there's a need. Oh boy is there a need here. This is the kind of thing that can save lives for these people, the kind of stories I am hearing there is a need.

I now have 11 soft agreements to proceed with me... now what?

I adjusted a marketing proposal with terms of agreement for payment and (brief) description of services defined.

Add to this a questionnaire to help understand their business, brand, customer and needs (optional form but helpful).

And a document explaining how the process ought to proceed from this point on in broad strokes.

This intro package was sent 2 nights ago and I haven't word back yet.

The agreement was 3 months of free service (to create some case studies and build good faith) so they do not need to sign anything, but I felt it necessary to maintain a professional package in introduction to the service and to prepare for after the 3 months should they decide to continue.

Did I overwhelm them? Was it too much? Or perhaps they misunderstood the contract. Though I had thought that it was explained clearly enough from the start it was a free 3 month trial and no payment required to begin.

I'm not even sure what to search for. Client onboarding perhaps? Customer Introduction? I'm browsing around but there seems to be a gap in all the educational material out there between closing the sale and providing the service.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

minirich

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
113%
Sep 4, 2016
Austria
Give them some time to fill in your questionarie, maybe they recognize that they do not know enough about their own business.
I would inquire after about one week if they missed/lost the mail you sent, or if they have additional questions.
Not all of the "new economy" companies are working as fast as we enthusiastic entrepreneurs.

It looks very professional what you have done, maybe they are a bit blown away by that much professionalism.

welshmin

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
202%
Feb 4, 2016
Brisbane, Australia
Give them some time to fill in your questionarie, maybe they recognize that they do not know enough about their own business.
I would inquire after about one week if they missed/lost the mail you sent, or if they have additional questions.
Not all of the "new economy" companies are working as fast as we enthusiastic entrepreneurs.

It looks very professional what you have done, maybe they are a bit blown away by that much professionalism.

Perhaps! It would be a nice way to view it. I'll wait a week then follow up.

In turn, i'm working on streamlining the process by figuring out how to setup accounts on my wordpress site.

Ideally, i'd like to:
  • allow clients to open accounts
  • manage their account
  • purchase and cancel monthly subscriptions
  • feed them notifications and reports
  • upload files and documents
The trouble is understanding which plugin would work for this. Much of the information I am finding thus far is in relation to "membership sites" which places content behind a paywall. Not quite what I am looking for.

If anyone knows of a plugin for WP that might achieve this kind of account management, i'd love to hear.

minirich

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
113%
Sep 4, 2016
Austria
I think there will be no WP plugin for this kind of administration.
This is more or less outside of WP, like a hosting solution.
The only thing I found about this is infinitewp.com which let you manage and create various WP installations. (I have no experience with this software and im not affiliated with them).

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Unsure if this is the right forum for it, I believe it would come under "Business Management" perhaps?

So, I went the path of the productized service. A specialized Facebook Marketing agency focused in a particular niche.

Buzz words a plenty.

And there's a need. Oh boy is there a need here. This is the kind of thing that can save lives for these people, the kind of stories I am hearing there is a need.

I now have 11 soft agreements to proceed with me... now what?

I adjusted a marketing proposal with terms of agreement for payment and (brief) description of services defined.

Add to this a questionnaire to help understand their business, brand, customer and needs (optional form but helpful).

And a document explaining how the process ought to proceed from this point on in broad strokes.

This intro package was sent 2 nights ago and I haven't word back yet.

The agreement was 3 months of free service (to create some case studies and build good faith) so they do not need to sign anything, but I felt it necessary to maintain a professional package in introduction to the service and to prepare for after the 3 months should they decide to continue.

Did I overwhelm them? Was it too much? Or perhaps they misunderstood the contract. Though I had thought that it was explained clearly enough from the start it was a free 3 month trial and no payment required to begin.

I'm not even sure what to search for. Client onboarding perhaps? Customer Introduction? I'm browsing around but there seems to be a gap in all the educational material out there between closing the sale and providing the service.
Have you spoken to any of them, or met any of them?

welshmin

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
202%
Feb 4, 2016
Brisbane, Australia
Have you spoken to any of them, or met any of them?

Yes, had extensive conversations with most, skype calls and phone calls with half. All expressed interest in moving ahead with the 3 months free to which I sent the documents.

@minirich Thank you for the effort but that isn't what I am looking for, you may be right that what I am asking is too extensive for a single plugin, but I will continue looking for now.

Thiago Machado

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
324%
May 20, 2014
Hey @welshmin

I'm just a little confused on what your selling.

Are your facebook marketing services composed of producing content? running ads? both?

Why 3 months? That sounds like a lot.

If I'd offer something of that nature I'd probably offer 1 month tops.

1 month is enough time for them to see the value in your services and make a decision as to whether they want to use it or not.

The last thing I'd want is someone who likes freebies taking me up on a three month offer and then leaving.

Thiago Machado

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
324%
May 20, 2014

welshmin

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
202%
Feb 4, 2016
Brisbane, Australia
Hey @welshmin

I'm just a little confused on what your selling.

Are your facebook marketing services composed of producing content? running ads? both?

Why 3 months? That sounds like a lot.

If I'd offer something of that nature I'd probably offer 1 month tops.

1 month is enough time for them to see the value in your services and make a decision as to whether they want to use it or not.

The last thing I'd want is someone who likes freebies taking me up on a three month offer and then leaving.

Thiago, thanks for taking the time to reply.

To clarify, I create and manage their Facebook advertising campaigns, design and host their lead funnel as well creating any kind of hook they might need to help customers leave their details behind to be contacted by the business. Lead generation. May add on a lead nurture email sequence too as an up-sell later on.

You're right that 3 months may be too long a time, but this is just intended to get some case studies in the door and get proof of concept going. Once I have case studies with overwhelming value created, it'll be easier. Won't be offering 3-month trial to anyone else after these first ones.

welshmin

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
202%
Feb 4, 2016
Brisbane, Australia
Check this out - http://www.shoemoney.com/2008/11/04/making-money-with-local-affiliate-programs/

He offered his dentist 1 month of free leads.

After that, business was done on a pay per call basis.

And of course his dentist wanted to continue using his services. He showed him tremendous value. He had the phones ringing off the hook!

I love these kind of success stories and it is similar in a way. I want to aim for a productized service with a flat monthly fee, but yes pay per lead is an option too.

Trying to think of this more of a marketing outsourcing service.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.