The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Just Stolen! - Please Critique My Sales Page

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

biggeemac

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Jun 25, 2011
They're pretty similar, yes.

By the way how did you find the site with "Jack Moorehouse"?

Looks to me like he is trying here to determine how you caught onto his ruse.....so that in the future, he can pull one over without anyone noticing.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

77startup

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
9%
Aug 4, 2011
Chicago
You used fake testimonials, fake numbers, stole his images and even stole his signature? Just pathetic. Don't be surprised if someone reports you to the original website owner.

InMotion

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
62%
Mar 18, 2011
Being an avid golfer, and having taught several people, I can tell you the only things that will allow you to hit the ball further besides changing your mechanics or the trajectory of the ball flight, wood to titanium etc. is increasing club head speed so why would having a heavy club that slows down your swing speed help?

Now if this was the feather club instead of the heavy club then I might try it.

If this is a training aid instead of an actual club you play with then they have had the Momentus swing trainer for years, I have one and it is good to have around.

http://www.momentusgolf.com/

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA
Being an avid golfer, and having taught several people, I can tell you the only things that will allow you to hit the ball further besides changing your mechanics or the trajectory of the ball flight, wood to titanium etc. is increasing club head speed so why would having a heavy club that slows down your swing speed help?

Now if this was the feather club instead of the heavy club then I might try it.

If this is a training aid instead of an actual club you play with then they have had the Momentus swing trainer for years, I have one and it is good to have around.

Momentus Golf, Inc. - The industry leader in golf game improvement.

my guess is that its a practice club that you build the strength and motion on, then switch to a normal/lighter club and the net result is you end up swinging it faster with accuracy??

stolpioni

Banned
Aug 19, 2012
my guess is that its a practice club that you build the strength and motion on, then switch to a normal/lighter club and the net result is you end up swinging it faster with accuracy??

That's exactly right. And my product beats the shit out of momentus!

And by the way, the sites don't look the same. If you go into my site and go to howtobreak80, you can clearly see that they aren't even similar. There's no crime in borrowing ideas. If it were, this forum should be taken down since it looks like all the other forums on the internet. You can't ban someone for looking similar.

Honestly, go into my site now and compare and tell me that they're identical.
If you think so you're blind.

InMotion

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
62%
Mar 18, 2011

See that's definitely why copy needs improved. If it is a swing trainer it certainly is not clear.

I see. I would work on the copy for sure and spend some time differentiating your website as MJ suggested.

liite

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
69%
Nov 2, 2011
So have we concluded if OP in genuine or not? I can see by your Facebook page you seemed to have given up in October 2012 right after hiring someone to add a wordpress blog to your website. It seems to be re-hashed content. Is there any reason why since October you haven't done anything? then come out of the woodwork, no new content with an apparently copied sales page from another author.

Are you an affiliate? How much EXACTLY did you copy from the actual website?

The power of the internet. It is not difficult at all to find all this kind of information out. Do you really want something like this being able to link back to your name? Perhaps come clean and explain truthfully what is going on then people may be more inclined to give you constructive feedback on your site.

Amail

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Apr 12, 2012
North San Diego County
Wow.

So, you rip off his site, tweak the things forum members bust you on, then claim it's "similar"? How do you justify yourself? There's a line between paying homage to something and blatantly stealing someone's work, and it's not a fine line. You know it, I know it, and everyone else here knows it.

You didn't earn shit; you stole that. Man up and admit it - see if you can recover any credibility at all. I really hope you can, but it's gonna be a very hard sell.

Gsuz

If you want the crown, you gotta take it
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
242%
Jul 3, 2012
This is sickening, guy gets called out, fixes things and claims sites don't even look similar. Care to explain why his Google Analytics code is in your site's source code?

Mike39

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Mar 17, 2012
Orlando, FL

And by the way, the sites don't look the same. If you go into my site and go to howtobreak80, you can clearly see that they aren't even similar. There's no crime in borrowing ideas. If it were, this forum should be taken down since it looks like all the other forums on the internet. You can't ban someone for looking similar.

Honestly, go into my site now and compare and tell me that they're identical.
If you think so you're blind.

Oh so your legit now?

Who wants to track down the testimonials and verify their authenticity?

I'm still waiting to hear about the claim "100,000 users since 2010"...

Explain this.....

Mike39

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Mar 17, 2012
Orlando, FL
There is absolutely no denying that you cloned this guys site and then "slightly" modded it. IMO if you are going to rip peoples sites without their explicit permission and "tweak" it so it looks slightly different, you shouldn't be on here.

Make an entirely new site, learn WordPress, get a job and hire someone, actually EARN something for once.

and I was all set to release Millionaire Fasterlane :bgh:

Might have to re-think that

Coming soon: The fastlanest forum. Don't worry though guys, it will look slightly different so were all good...

Talisman

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
89%
May 19, 2011
Australia
his is sickening, guy gets called out, fixes things and claims sites don't even look similar. Care to explain why his Google Analytics code is in your site's source code?

And with that, your honor, the prosecution rests its case.

Amail

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Apr 12, 2012
North San Diego County
Come on, slugger, your source code still shows the term howtobreak80.com in eight places. You're totally slacking. And here I thought you were an action taker, not an action faker. How do you ever expect to be a legitimate entrepeneur if you can't learn the basics of covering the evidence?

I'm gonna bill you $250 for the time it took to proof-read your plagiarism.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
Listen folks. Stop posting his errors. We all know (including him, and now including the original site owner) that he "borrowed" the code in it's entirety from the other web site. Stop posting the footprints. He can't find them on his own, and the more chances you guys give him to change them by spotlighting them, the more cumbersome it's going to be when the rightful owner takes him down.

The reason the OP would have come back here was to get more information from you all. We're letting this freak show continue for a while only because the OP is getting himself in deeper, and deeper. But don't help him unbury himself.

Hopefully the guy he stole the material from is the original author (none of us know that for certain). He's already aware of the "borrowed content," so it's only a matter of time before the virtual beat down happens assuming the other site owner legitimately owns the content.

Talisman

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
89%
May 19, 2011
Australia
I agree, as was earlier stated, that we're just showing this person how to cover their tracks better next time.

And there WILL be a next time - the OP seems to lack a fundamental understanding of why "stealing is wrong". And that is probably beyond the scope and ability of this forum/thread to rectify.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
The Digital Millennium Copyright Act - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia has the ability to rectify that though. The question is... how far is the original copyright owner willing to go to not only keep what is theirs, but cause pain to the person who attempted to steal their assets? Theives bank on the fact that legal action, both punitive and protective... is a pain in the a$$.

If the other site hasn't already sent over a Cease and Desist... maybe the gamble was worth it. It would be easy enough to get the infringing site taken down.

stolpioni

Banned
Aug 19, 2012
Good call on the code, whoever it was. I'm gonna take care of that now as we speak.

Last edited:

1step

Gold Contributor
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
231%
Dec 4, 2012
Kentucky
How this guy is still allowed to post is beyond me. This thread has turned into a circus

SeanKelly

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
63%
Aug 8, 2012

stolpioni

Banned
Aug 19, 2012
I have done nothing wrong. It's not illegal to be inspired by other people.
It's not illegal to borrow ideas. This is the internet, the land of the free.

And if you now compare my site to howtobreak80, you can clearly see that it ain't the same site.
They're similar, but that's it. Lots of salespages in different categories are built on the same layout...

Telling me I should be sued is like telling Volvo they should be sued for ripping off Ford.
MJ DeMarco even said in his book "You don't have to invent anything new, just take something that already exist, modify and make it better". Well I took your advice MJ, and this is how you repay me?

I even bought your book and payed merely 20 bucks for it.
Took your advice to heart, and look where it's gotten me.

Try sue me bitches and see what happens. Nothing.

1step

Gold Contributor
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
231%
Dec 4, 2012
Kentucky
You'll never be successful, it was already painfully obvious, but every time you open your mouth it makes it that much more apparent.

Start Practicing, "Do you want fries with that?"

Mike39

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Mar 17, 2012
Orlando, FL
Also owns the domain names:

1) MarloMansion.com

2) TheHeavyClub.com

3) And oh boy MJ will just LOVE this one: FastLaneGolfing.com

stolpioni

Banned
Aug 19, 2012
Also owns the domain names:

1) MarloMansion.com

2) TheHeavyClub.com

3) And oh boy MJ will just LOVE this one: FastLaneGolfing.com

FastLane Golf - Don't be stuck in traffic as everybody else, we get you in the Fast Lane to a Better Golf Game

Amail

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Apr 12, 2012
North San Diego County
I have done nothing wrong. It's not illegal to be inspired by other people.
Inspiration is a wonderful thing, but ctrl-C someone's copyrighted material and making alterations is bullshit. It's a direct insult to the effort the originator took to create it.

It's not illegal to borrow ideas. This is the internet, the land of the free.
It's perfectly legal to build on ideas. You did nothing of the sort. You stole somebody's vehicle, painted it a different color, and claimed it as your own.

And if you now compare my site to howtobreak80, you can clearly see that it ain't the same site.
They're similar, but that's it. Lots of salespages in different categories are built on the same layout...
Again, you repainted his vehicle. It would be different if it were a WordPress theme you purchased (offering money for the value they created), but that's not what you did.

Telling me I should be sued is like telling Volvo they should be sued for ripping off Ford.
Legitimate businesses go to great pains to develop their own unique brand with their own unique USP's. Volvo took a look at the cars available and decided what kind of improvements they'd like their cars to have. They focused on safety. They did not buy a Taurus and slap a Volvo badge on it.

MJ DeMarco even said in his book "You don't have to invent anything new, just take something that already exist, modify and make it better". Well I took your advice MJ, and this is how you repay me?
No, you didn't. MJ never suggested what you tried to pull. What you should have done is developed a new, better club. Test it, put it in the hands of golfers, and get their endorsements. Build a website (from scratch, modify a WP theme, get a developer, whatever) and load it up with all your new golf club goodness. Be truthful with your statements.​

The fact you're still trying to defend what you pulled is amazing. You completely blind yourself to your own unethical, unscrupulous actions. You haven't tried to create any value at all - in fact, you dicked around with someone else's code to give the appearance of value. You stole his efforts and spent a good hour disguising it to look like yours. And then you have the gall to tell us that since the disguise is getting better you should be absolved.

You've dug yourself a deep, deep hole. You either are completely clueless about how a man should conduct himself in the business world or you are already completely, hopelessly lost. You seem to not even recognize that you are the exact kind of person you as a businessman would want put away.

Credibility is the most important measure of a man and you're ruining yours at every step. Why can you not understand this?

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Well I took your advice MJ, and this is how you repay me?

Go F*ck yourself, douchebag. You're a lazy uninventive troll that needs to rot at the bottom of septic tank.

Good riddance - how's that for repayment.

Mike39

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Mar 17, 2012
Orlando, FL
You've dug yourself a deep, deep hole. You either are completely clueless about how a man should conduct himself in the business world or you are already completely, hopelessly lost. You seem to not even recognize that you are the exact kind of person you as a businessman would want put away.

Credibility is the most important measure of a man and you're ruining yours at every step. Why can you not understand this?

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King, Jr.

1step

Gold Contributor
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
231%
Dec 4, 2012
Kentucky
Amail, youre wasting your time on this guy, you cant reason with his stupidity, he wont get it and never will.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.