The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Just Stolen! - Please Critique My Sales Page

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

CEBenz

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
29%
Apr 16, 2011
Tacoma, Wa
Just Launched! - Please Critique My Sales Page

ahahah... you seem to have stumbled upon the wrong forum, you were looking for this: WarriorForum - Internet Marketing Forums

On a serious note, there is a reason this community is so tightly bundled together. There is a certain unspoken code around here and that is why we trust each other so much.

Doesn't matter how well respected you are around here, if you do or say something stupid, you get called out on it. This is why it's hard to get in and stay in, which makes the people committed to work harder and provide even more value.

Nobody cares what you did yesterday, it's what your doing today.

With that being said, Man up (or Women), take down the site, admit you made a mistake and you were chasing money. Then come back here and show us the blood and guts you put in to make a comeback.

Don't "try" though, either do it or get out.

Well put *insert golf clap*

Couldn't help myself.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

vladsoriano

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
83%
Nov 5, 2012
London, UK
i've got nothing to add but my exasperation at this type of site construction, business approach and attitude.

Hat's off to the reviewers here. It's a great example of why this forum rocks. You all set a high standard and hold us accountable to that standard.

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA
cant give you rep for this... have to spread it out. but rep+ in theory.

ahahah... you seem to have stumbled upon the wrong forum, you were looking for this: WarriorForum - Internet Marketing Forums

On a serious note, there is a reason this community is so tightly bundled together. There is a certain unspoken code around here and that is why we trust each other so much.

Doesn't matter how well respected you are around here, if you do or say something stupid, you get called out on it. This is why it's hard to get in and stay in, which makes the people committed to work harder and provide even more value.

Nobody cares what you did yesterday, it's what your doing today.

With that being said, Man up (or Women), take down the site, admit you made a mistake and you were chasing money. Then come back here and show us the blood and guts you put in to make a comeback.

Don't "try" though, either do it or get out.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Might want to fix your live chat box

Unbelievable.

Folks my apologies for being aggressive here, but I'm a little sensitive in this area.

On several occasions I had several "its just business" assholes do the exact same thing: They copied my website exactly and just changed the logo and a few words. They even hacked into my database and stole my prized testimonials. Imagine my shock when I awoke one day to see an exact copy of my site with the same testimonials, now competing against me.

And just like in this case, these idiots were so F*cking lazy in their copy that my company name still was listed in their terms. They had graphics still linked to me. I remember creating graphics at 1am in the morning and seeing those same graphics linked onto their site, stealing my bandwidth! Evidence of their theft was rampant much like this case.

I had to spend a small fortune on an attorney to protect WHAT WAS MINE.

That said, I've changed the thread title in hopes someone wakes up and stops being an unethical lazy a**hole.

CEBenz

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
29%
Apr 16, 2011
Tacoma, Wa
Unbelievable.

Folks my apologies for being aggressive here, but I'm a little sensitive in this area.

On several occasions I had several "its just business" assholes do the exact same thing: They copied my website exactly and just changed the logo and a few words. They even hacked into my database and stole my prized testimonials. Imagine my shock when I awoke one day to see an exact copy of my site with the same testimonials, now competing against me.

And just like in this case, these idiots were so F*cking lazy in their copy that my company name still was listed in their terms. They had graphics still linked to me. I remember creating graphics at 1am in the morning and seeing those same graphics linked onto their site, stealing my bandwidth! Evidence of their theft was rampant much like this case.

I had to spend a small fortune on an attorney to protect WHAT WAS MINE.

That said, I've changed the thread title in hopes someone wakes up and stops being an unethical lazy a**hole.

Bravo MJ! I completely agree with you. It astounds me that people are this lazy. I have limited ability with HTML and these guys probably have more ability than I do yet, I'm pretty sure I can figure out how to change a lot more than they do. I don't get it. Mind me asking how much you spent on attorney fees?

Amail

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Apr 12, 2012
North San Diego County
Stolpioni, you should be tarred and feathered. What an underhanded shitty thing to do. If this doesn't earn you a permanent ban from the forum it would be a disgrace.

I'm absolutely floored that your plagiarized site is still up after all this. How the f do you look at your reflection in the mirror without feeling ashamed? Or is shame not something that motivates you?

If nobody speaks up in the next hour to say they've alerted the guy who's had his IP stolen, I'm gonna F*cking do it myself.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
If nobody speaks up in the next hour to say they've alerted the guy who's had his IP stolen, I'm gonna F*cking do it myself.

Oh believe me, HE knows.

Gsuz

If you want the crown, you gotta take it
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
242%
Jul 3, 2012
ZZccdpW.jpg

Strangely fitting :bgh:

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

AntiGuru

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
179%
Feb 17, 2013
Canada
As a newbie here I'm glad the community has integrity and standards. Somebody mentioned Warrior Forums, which I discovered years ago and felt repulsed by the place. Full of losers, IMHO. This place is the antithesis. Really glad I found it.

I've had the same thing happen to me, I wrote an info article about my business space (which had enormous pass-along from our customers all over the place). One day I found a word for word copy of it on one of those ezine article sites (and once they're in one of those sites, they just get replicated to all of them).

I track down the guy, and he gives me a similar gutless response "Oh, hey, I hired a ghost writer and you can't prove it's yours originally so f*** you!"

Can't prove it's mine originally? Every single link in that report links to a resource I own, idiot! He didn't change the links. What a moronic a**hole. He finally caved and had to hire a small army to go to all the ezine article aggregators to take them all down.

(yeah, this gets my blood boiling too!)

Amail

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Apr 12, 2012
North San Diego County
So first, jackwad says:
Yea you're probably right. I'll handle it tomorrow..good night!

A little while later MJ remarks:
When I click on your FAQ page, EVERY SINGLE LINK at the bottom of that page links directly to "HowToBreak80.com" proving you didn't *borrow* anything -- you flat out copied some other dude's website.

So, did jackwad handle it tomorrow and go to bed?

NO!!!

He took MJ's remark as an alert and fixed his site. His FAQ sure doesn't link to Jack Moorehouse's site anymore.

Sorry if I appear a bit out of control, but I'm livid. I almost can't see straight.

Eskil

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
418%
Jul 18, 2012
Scottsdale, AZ
Funny enough, the OP got pretty quiet when he got called out...

As LightHouse stated, yes this is very typical of the mindset of many 'blackhat' wannabes who are doing nothing but chasing money instead of creating unique value.

Forgetting to change references to the original site though?
doublefacepalm.jpg

They had graphics still linked to me. I remember creating graphics at 1am in the morning and seeing those same graphics linked onto their site, stealing my bandwidth! Evidence of their theft was rampant much like this case.

That's when you should replace the image links on your own site with new ones - and then leave the original filename references but switch out those images with the nastiest and grossest images you can find, lol... (I have heard of people doing this, and it works well!!) Lol...

Amail

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Apr 12, 2012
North San Diego County
Oh believe me, HE knows.

Respectfully, how do you know he knows? Did you contact him, or do you assume he will discover it soon enough?

I'm no top-dog internet sleuth, but I'd be concerned this forum's good name could be dragged thru the mud if it's found not only that one of it's members engaged in this infringement, but it was known on the forum. Surely a pro-active approach is in order?

Jake

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
148%
May 15, 2011
Bangkok
That's when you should replace the image links on your own site with new ones - and then leave the original filename references but switch out those images with the nastiest and grossest images you can find, lol... (I have heard of people doing this, and it works well!!) Lol...
I had fun doing that when people linked to my photobucket pics way back in the day. good times haha

AntiGuru

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
179%
Feb 17, 2013
Canada

omg, this happened to me once. Some guy from a white supremacist message board hotlinked an image on one of my sites as his forum avatar! I found an image of a white guy getting, erm, mounted by a non-white one (let's just say I had "safesearch" disabled when I googled images) and *presto*, white power homophobic skinhead's avatar now depicts him as a bottom to a big.....non....white....dude.

He probably didn't do that ever again.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Sorry if I appear a bit out of control, but I'm livid. I almost can't see straight.

I'm right there with you. What we have here is a liar, a thief, and a lazy a$$.

Who wants to track down the testimonials and verify their authenticity?

I'm still waiting to hear about the claim "100,000 users since 2010"...

Eskil

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
418%
Jul 18, 2012
Scottsdale, AZ
And Oh My God, I didn't know the Medicus even existed! Matter of fact, when I first developed this club,
I didn't even know there were other heavy clubs available. I first realized that after I had already put mine into production.

I got the idea from a basketball that had the weight of 4 or 5 regular basketballs for wrist-training.
Little did I know that it was already a well-known phenomenon in the golfing community.

Really dude?

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Respectfully, how do you know he knows?

Rest assured, if there was ANY DOUBT that he did not know, I would tell him -- shit like this makes my blood boil. He knows. Please take my word on it. In fact, he's probably reading this thread post-by-post hoping this clown get's taken out to the woodshed.

Amail

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Apr 12, 2012
North San Diego County
In that case, I'll change tacks.

BTW, I own a woodshed. It's hidden from the street too. There's a big field back there, and sometimes you hear rabbits screaming as they're swooped upon by hawks. It's pretty creepy when you hear it, but you hear it so often it's almost background noise.

AntiGuru

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
179%
Feb 17, 2013
Canada
The guy whose site he ripped could have the domain registrar take the site down. Just send a DMCA takedown notice to Godaddy, they'll probably do it (Godaddy is one of those registrars that takes down sites first and asks questions later. They'll probably ding the guy a few hundred bucks as an "administrative fee" as well).

lightning

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
35%
Aug 24, 2007
Northern, NJ
Wow...I just saw this on MJ's "The Fastlane" FB page and it infuriated me. What made it even worse though, was when the lazy as@hole chidely responded, "Dont take it personal, its just business".

Really? "JUST Business"???? You just insulted EVERY SINGLE ENTREPRENEUR on the planet with a single reply. And as MJ said, that speaks LENGTHS about your character and integrity.

Others have worded thier replies well, so I'd only be repeating the disgust the rest of the forum has if I continued this rant, but I sincerely hope some copyright lawyor takes you to town. You deserve everything thats coming to you.

Mike39

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Mar 17, 2012
Orlando, FL
I just through up in my mouth a little bit (well a lot) :puke: What an absolute disgrace to the forum, the author of the site, and to anyone who has ever poured their blood sweat and tears into developing websites.

Lets hope Stolpioni learns one hell of a lesson from this, whether it be a slap on the wrist and public embarrassment or even legal action on the part of the original owner of the site.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
Surprised he didn't take the site down. There are currently 33 users on this site alone reading this thread at this moment. 123 logged in members of the site have read this thread so far.

JAJT

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
549%
Aug 7, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Surprised he didn't take the site down.

My guess is it stays up until he gets his legal wrist slapped.

I'm guessing all this user learned is how not to be so obvious about things next time.

If he changes his ways and becomes a valued member here I'll eat my shoe.

(Disclaimer: I will not literally eat a shoe)

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.