2 Weeks ago, my wife was yelling at me to go get a job
Yesterday, after finding a job and being fired, due to inexperience, within a week of working, Wife was yelling at me "We can't support ourselves with pay like that, let alone the baby thats on the way"
We are currently living at my parents house and to add to that, We have over 10k just sitting around... Which she wants to save to use for an apt 3 months from now.
I keep telling her, lets use a little bit of that money to make some money, a small risk, like buying liquidations and reselling on ebay or something (after doing research and what not to minimize risk). Whatever the investment along with risk is, that is just an example. So lets not try to derail the thread.
Anything I throw at her, it's all "no, go back to the job market and look for a job" well, I agree 100% with looking for a job, but lets also attempt to grow this capital that we have on hand! I can't seem to break through to her that I am not the type of person that will settle for a 9 to 5 temp job making $10 and hour. I keep moving forward and I feel like she is suppressing my urge to take calculated risks.
How do I break it through to her that I want to take these risks while it is somewhat safe to do so?? I feel like she does not want me to do these things, she prefers for me to settle with a well paying job.... I DON'T WANT TO SETTLE, THAT IS NOT ME! I WANT TO MOVE FORWARD AND FORGET ABOUT 9 TO 5'S! I just want her to understand that I want the best for us and our family to come.
any psychologists here?? lol!
Yesterday, after finding a job and being fired, due to inexperience, within a week of working, Wife was yelling at me "We can't support ourselves with pay like that, let alone the baby thats on the way"
We are currently living at my parents house and to add to that, We have over 10k just sitting around... Which she wants to save to use for an apt 3 months from now.
I keep telling her, lets use a little bit of that money to make some money, a small risk, like buying liquidations and reselling on ebay or something (after doing research and what not to minimize risk). Whatever the investment along with risk is, that is just an example. So lets not try to derail the thread.
Anything I throw at her, it's all "no, go back to the job market and look for a job" well, I agree 100% with looking for a job, but lets also attempt to grow this capital that we have on hand! I can't seem to break through to her that I am not the type of person that will settle for a 9 to 5 temp job making $10 and hour. I keep moving forward and I feel like she is suppressing my urge to take calculated risks.
How do I break it through to her that I want to take these risks while it is somewhat safe to do so?? I feel like she does not want me to do these things, she prefers for me to settle with a well paying job.... I DON'T WANT TO SETTLE, THAT IS NOT ME! I WANT TO MOVE FORWARD AND FORGET ABOUT 9 TO 5'S! I just want her to understand that I want the best for us and our family to come.
any psychologists here?? lol!
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
