The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Just finished college

Idea threads

Badboy

PARKED
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Aug 5, 2022
Hi this is my first post in here I've read the millionaire fastlane half year ago. and tomorrow is my final exam in collage and I've collected some skills along the way to here. I have a major in communication and completed CCNA course i know a little bit about adobe xd and Photoshop and 9 months of experience in software engineer specifically in flutter and mobile devolvement im not attached to something i just want to make a passive income. For the current situation im looking for work in communication industry (IT. SERVER SETUP . ROUTER AND SWITCHES. ETC) and I'm kinda don't know what to do. The thought of SaaS or just gining income from ads in website didn't get off my mind. The thing is I don't have any ideas what to build I'm just looking for something I don't know.
Any help ?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

WJK

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
257%
Oct 9, 2017
Alaska
Hi this is my first post in here I've read the millionaire fastlane half year ago. and tomorrow is my final exam in collage and I've collected some skills along the way to here. I have a major in communication and completed CCNA course i know a little bit about adobe xd and Photoshop and 9 months of experience in software engineer specifically in flutter and mobile devolvement im not attached to something i just want to make a passive income. For the current situation im looking for work in communication industry (IT. SERVER SETUP . ROUTER AND SWITCHES. ETC) and I'm kinda don't know what to do. The thought of SaaS or just gining income from ads in website didn't get off my mind. The thing is I don't have any ideas what to build I'm just looking for something I don't know.
Any help ?
I read your post a couple of times. This is my understanding: You are graduating soon and you need someone to tell you what to do next. Uh? We call that person who tells us what to do and how to do it our boss. He figures out what problem we are to solve. You're asking the wrong question to the wrong group of people. Our job is to find a problem that we can solve while creating an income stream. That income stream only scales and becomes passive after a ton of hard work and tears.

Badboy

PARKED
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Aug 5, 2022
I read your post a couple of times. This is my understanding: You are graduating soon and you need someone to tell you what to do next. Uh? We call that person who tells us what to do and how to do it our boss. He figures out what problem we are to solve. You're asking the wrong question to the wrong group of people. Our job is to find a problem that we can solve while creating an income stream. That income stream only scales and becomes passive after a ton of hard work and tears.
to be more specific its not what i do now its what Route i take.

Badboy

PARKED
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Aug 5, 2022
OK. Define the difference for me...
for example
i was working on an idea of football app for local championship, this project cant be scalable.
i can continue to work with this until i find a job in company and work in other idea, like Create a SaaS,
i can take another rout and work with photoshop for example to sell templates, this idea from someone in this forum.
this idea of creating website to solve problems is always on my mind but i need to work in other industry to find the problems, like what do i do now...

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Seems you're looking at ways to make money. You'll likely do better thinking about people you can help and how they'd pay you.

Who can you help (that would pay for that help)? How can you get in front of those people? What can you help them with? Etc.

WJK

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
257%
Oct 9, 2017
Alaska
for example
i was working on an idea of football app for local championship, this project cant be scalable.
i can continue to work with this until i find a job in company and work in other idea, like Create a SaaS,
i can take another rout and work with photoshop for example to sell templates, this idea from someone in this forum.
this idea of creating website to solve problems is always on my mind but i need to work in other industry to find the problems, like what do i do now...
Why not do more than one of your options at the same time? You can get a job to pay your bills and do your own thing on the side.

I have my main RE income stream and then I have ALWAYS had side gigs. I've been officially retired for the last 20 years and I still have side gigs. I have worked just about every day since I was 11 years old. I've worked my way through 4 college degrees over the years -- including law school when I was in my 40s. Therefore, I have a totally different point of view on your question.

Last edited:

Badboy

PARKED
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Aug 5, 2022
thanks for the insight guys but i have a question, when you have side gigs why go through 4 college degrees ?

WJK

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
257%
Oct 9, 2017
Alaska
thanks for the insight guys but i have a question, when you have side gigs why go through 4 college degrees ?
Because when I was young, getting a formal education was the way for a woman to get ahead. There was a huge difference between what they paid women and men. The minimum wage here in the US was $1.65 per hour. When I graduated from college for the first time in 1975, I made less with my degree than my first husband made as a common laborer. Women had very limited opportunities. We could become a cashier, a secretary, a typist, a hairdresser, or an elementary school teacher with 5 years of college. Just about everything else was closed to women. Most of the young ladies I went to college with got their "Mrs. degrees" -- they married the right men and became housewives. The world was unfair.

I ended up divorced soon after I finished college for the first time. I was the first woman in his family who didn't have a baby the first year of marriage. I was the first woman to go to college. I was the first to have a career rather than a pink-collar job. My husband's family was outraged with me. I was a terrible wife who didn't live up to my role as a woman.

That was way before the internet and personal computers. Calculators were rare and used by scientists. Everything was done on paper with typewriters.

My mentor, Alice, at that time, was a very wise woman. She helped me buy my first house by walking me through the process. And the broker asked me if I wanted to become a RE salesman. Alice told me I could try it. My odds of being successful were almost nil. Everyone in that business was middle-aged and almost all were men. I was in my early 20s and I looked like I was 16. There was no training so I was on my own. BUT, the part I got was that it was a commission job and they had to pay like a man. I got paid for any deals I could do. I cried constantly for the first 3 months. It was worse than hard. Over time, I became very successful. I had to do a bunch of different parts of the business to make it. I've always had side gigs and I've continued the trend.

I went to law school when I was in my 40s. I had started writing commercial appraisals. It was years before they licensed us. When I started, I didn't know there were only 7% women in that part of the business. The "good 'ol boys" didn't think that women could do the math. That industry was controlled by a professional association that denied me membership because I wouldn't work for any of them. The 7% women were relatives or long-term employees. They kept raising the educational requirements on me, so I decided to go get the biggest stick I could find. It was a whim, but a hard way to try to beat them. They still wouldn't let me into their club when I finished. But, the government licensed RE appraisers, which diminished their power. While I was in law school, I set up an expert witness practice and started doing litigation support. So, I tiptoed around the whole problem. I still had to do my commercial appraising to keep up my expertise.

I have had to work harder and smarter than all the men around me all my life. I'm the classic overachiever.

Badboy

PARKED
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Aug 5, 2022
Because when I was young, getting a formal education was the way for a woman to get ahead. There was a huge difference between what they paid women and men. The minimum wage here in the US was $1.65 per hour. When I graduated from college for the first time in 1975, I made less with my degree than my first husband made as a common laborer. Women had very limited opportunities. We could become a cashier, a secretary, a typist, a hairdresser, or an elementary school teacher with 5 years of college. Just about everything else was closed to women. Most of the young ladies I went to college with got their "Mrs. degrees" -- they married the right men and became housewives. The world was unfair.

I ended up divorced soon after I finished college for the first time. I was the first woman in his family who didn't have a baby the first year of marriage. I was the first woman to go to college. I was the first to have a career rather than a pink-collar job. My husband's family was outraged with me. I was a terrible wife who didn't live up to my role as a woman.

That was way before the internet and personal computers. Calculators were rare and used by scientists. Everything was done on paper with typewriters.

My mentor, Alice, at that time, was a very wise woman. She helped me buy my first house by walking me through the process. And the broker asked me if I wanted to become a RE salesman. Alice told me I could try it. My odds of being successful were almost nil. Everyone in that business was middle-aged and almost all were men. I was in my early 20s and I looked like I was 16. There was no training so I was on my own. BUT, the part I got was that it was a commission job and they had to pay like a man. I got paid for any deals I could do. I cried constantly for the first 3 months. It was worse than hard. Over time, I became very successful. I had to do a bunch of different parts of the business to make it. I've always had side gigs and I've continued the trend.

I went to law school when I was in my 40s. I had started writing commercial appraisals. It was years before they licensed us. When I started, I didn't know there were only 7% women in that part of the business. The "good 'ol boys" didn't think that women could do the math. That industry was controlled by a professional association that denied me membership because I wouldn't work for any of them. The 7% women were relatives or long-term employees. They kept raising the educational requirements on me, so I decided to go get the biggest stick I could find. It was a whim, but a hard way to try to beat them. They still wouldn't let me into their club when I finished. But, the government licensed RE appraisers, which diminished their power. While I was in law school, I set up an expert witness practice and started doing litigation support. So, I tiptoed around the whole problem. I still had to do my commercial appraising to keep up my expertise.

I have had to work harder and smarter than all the men around me all my life. I'm the classic overachiever.
to be honest didn't expect to see women in this age, mindset and this determination, thanks for sharing this amazing story with me, hope the best for you.

WJK

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
257%
Oct 9, 2017
Alaska
to be honest didn't expect to see women in this age, mindset and this determination, thanks for sharing this amazing story with me, hope the best for you.
Thanks for your reply. Yelp, I had to really struggle to find success when I was young. I hope that others can learn from my stories about how I finally won in business against all the odds. It's been a messy path of simply getting one foot in front of the other, day after day.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.