The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Joining a business

RamonP23

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
5%
Apr 10, 2010
Hello everyone!

This last Thursday I went to a meeting about a new product called Xtreme Fuel Treatment by Syntek Global.

It's a product that saves gas money, doesn't hurt the environment so much and improves the engine of the vehicles. They give me the opportunity to join this business, and I really think it has a lot of potential.

I would have mentors who teach me, partners who help me, and I can make money on different ways, not only selling, such as bringing people to seminars, making people joing the business, etc.

They give you a debit card where you get paid EVERY FRIDAY!

I really think this product has a lot of potential, since it's about a need, like gas is.

What you think about this opportunity? Should I join it?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Rem

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
81%
Sep 14, 2009
Maine
I know the product. They use slogans and gear their message towards having a greener environment. They are trying to build the business almost like amway...

Join up if you want. Worse case scenario... you tried your best. :smx9:

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
What you think about this opportunity? Should I join it?

Obviously you haven't been around here long enough. Read through the legendary posts ... thereafter, you should know your answer. Pay particular attention to the threads that mention "passenger" vs "driver".

RamonP23

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
5%
Apr 10, 2010
I forgot to say that I would be an independent agent, as they say, working for myself, but not by myself. And that's why I have to pay money if I wanna join.

This is the thing that makes me doubt. If you have to pay before starting working, it seems a schum.

Pay particular attention to the threads that mention "passenger" vs "driver".

Yes, I know I would be a passenger in the company. But I'm a student of 21 years old and if I join this, I would learn a lot about marketing (that is what I want to do) and get experience (and money) for the future. Plus I need to pay the university.

I told them that I'm just a student and that I need to start making money without paying first because I don't have so much money. So they told me that they'll find some way for me to join the team.

The guy of this company I talk the most told me in private that since I'm still young, I would be retired in my 30's.
But this kind of things and "promises" make thing that it's a schum.

I asked a friend and he said that if they make you pay before starting, it's a pyramid schum.

What you guys think?

Rem

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
81%
Sep 14, 2009
Maine
My advice would be to have a plan. Then stick with it. It's ok to work for someone else if it is part of the plan. Make sure you have an exit strategy.

Sometimes you have to work for someone else to learn, grow, and get a little money under your belt. It's not mandatory but it can't hurt. Everyone should know what it's like to flip burgers, work on a ranch, scrape scum off the floor of a plantation, be a garbage collector, and bag groceries at some point in their life. Hopefully earlier than later.

Make sure the plan you follow leads to wealth. Good luck!

WestCoast

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
313%
Jan 20, 2008
Rhode Island for now.
I'm surprised no one else has chimed in here, but this seems like a pretty typical pyramid scheme.

Now, I don't know the details, and maybe it's a good business.... but you're being asked to buy in, then get a take of 'other people' you get to buy in.

Plus, you're selling a magic liquid that promises great things.....

I'm not doing any research here into their claims, but just based on experience in life, this sounds fishy.

Kung Fu Steve

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
Jul 8, 2008
Road Warrior
I guess to compare, I opened my martial arts school right after my 22nd birthday. My goal was to open at 21 but there was just too many logistics for me to learn, I wasn't quite ready and wanted to do it right.

I'm 2 years into it and am now starting to make a consistent 30-35k per month. Now obviously I don't pay myself that every single month so I'm not close to "retiring" by any means.

My point is that you say you are young so you don't have many options. On the contrary, your options are limitless right now, you are only bound by your imagination!

I know it sounds cheesy and corny but yes, young guys like us can make money too!

michael

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
31%
Jul 22, 2008
Australia
Sounds just like another version of the firepower pill which is being dragged through Australian courts right now for :
Firepower International - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I'd suspect if they had a product that worked they'd have EPA approval and coverage in every major newspaper but they don't so I'll leave you to draw your own conclusions...

edit:
Xtreme Fuel Treatment

^Read here it is just one of many bs 'fuel pills' that have come and gone in the past.

andviv

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jul 27, 2007
Washington DC
well, this looks to me like a typical MLM company. Our preference here, in general, is that MLM is great if you are the founder or the first partner or something like that, so all the people work under you in the pyramid and you get profits off their work.

Otherwise you are simply making money for them. What are you getting out of it?

I once joined a MLM. I learned a lot about the sales techniques and about self improvement. That is why I joined (I got all that training for $200 when a similar selling techniques seminar would have probably cost me 10 times that...)

RamonP23

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
5%
Apr 10, 2010
Thank you everyone.

The man I talk the most told me that he and other two guys are in a very good position in the company, and they would be my mentors and trainers, and that is why he told me that I should join the company.

I think I should negotiate with them by keeping my value high and asking them to let me start working without paying.
I have a lot to give them.

kwerner

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
19%
Oct 4, 2007
Thank you everyone.

The man I talk the most told me that he and other two guys are in a very good position in the company, and they would be my mentors and trainers, and that is why he told me that I should join the company.

I think I should negotiate with them by keeping my value high and asking them to let me start working without paying.
I have a lot to give them.

Ramon, since you're from Spain, and because you may not have seen this type of business model before, I thought I'd share these links with you, to help you understand what it is that you're looking at:

Pyramid Scheme
MLM

This is what your "mentors and trainers" are encouraging you to join. And they cannot allow you to "start working without paying" because if you don't pay, they don't get paid. They're making their money by signing up new members - like you.

I'm posting this for you because I don't want you to walk into this situation believing that it is anything more than what it is. Can you make money in this business, yes, but there are much better opportunities out there.

And like MJ said, read the Passenger vs. Driver thread; it should all make sense after reading the above wikipedia links.

Good luck!

Smooth

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
2%
Mar 20, 2010
This does sound like a pyramid scheme, although I did not take the time to even look into it. I always believed that true entrepreneurs start things from scratch -- and that's where the prosperity is.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.