The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

I've Read UNSCRIPTED!

C_mcbride

PARKED
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Feb 20, 2020
Buffalo, NY
Listened to the unscripted audio books, and for the first time in my life I don’t feel alone. I work in banking and I’ve hated every job I’ve ever had. I thought it was just because of the unrewarding tasks I was given or the idiots I work for. Nope the problem wasn’t them. The problem is that I don’t belong there. I don’t belong to them. For years, I’ve struggled with finding “my passion”. Times up passion. Time for value add. Time for a different kind of effort that benefits me and not my employer. I see everything differently after listening to unscripted . I see opportunity in every issue. I’m not under the oblivious impression that the unscripted life will be handed to me. I’m going to earn it. It’s going to be hard as heck but I’m going ALL IN. Look out for me in the execution threads....

DonCorleone

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
70%
Feb 22, 2019
I read it after Fastlane and enjoyed every second of it. I own physical copies for both of them and recommend them to everyone. Thanks for this one too!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

sonny_1080

Creating a tool I want to use.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Oct 30, 2019
Los Angeles
Now that there's several hundred out there in the wild, guess it is time to start a thread for those of you who have read (or listened to!) UNSCRIPTED !

View attachment 14816

Hope everyone enjoyed it and found it to be a good "big picture" supplement for The Millionaire Fastlane !

To download the first (5) chapters: HERE
To learn more (website) visit: HERE
To order via Amazon: HERE
To listen via Audible: HERE
Read it. I think I like The Millionaire Fastlane more. Either way... the two together have literally resurrected my dreams. Thank you MJ.

Menery

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
81%
Sep 22, 2019
Listen 2x to the Unscripted Audiobook following the advice in TMF about using otherwise lost time (gym, cooking, driving etc.) Insanely valuable book.

5RES

PARKED
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Feb 24, 2020
California
Hello All! New to this forum and excited. I am in the process of reading UNSCRIPTED and I read it every day. I even read it at work on iBooks while my computer is taking forever and a day to start up . I also just downloaded TMF .

tolmanmedia

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
404%
Feb 25, 2020
Salt Lake City, Utah

Pierre Potvin

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Apr 10, 2015
Read it a while ago. Great book! The kind of knowledge you wish you would have discover way earlier. The cents concept is the best rule ever!!

princesscrystal

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
71%
Feb 26, 2020
Denver
I read this book too in addition to TMF . Fantastic read. I got the electronic version. For TMF I have the electronic digital version and the paperback version too. It is great. I think the other one has the thing updated for cryptocurrency.

Joker_P5R

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
52%
Feb 4, 2020
I've finished UNSCRIPTED and it was a smack to my face.
I' just wrote an intro about how I feel lost because of my frustration in living a life I don't like and not know how to get out from it...

Zhyna

New Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
107%
Dec 17, 2014
Had to read it of course! MJ you are one of my favourite authors, thanks for everything.

CH Jason Lee

PARKED
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Mar 1, 2020
South Korea
Read it. To me it was a lot better that Fastlane, since the book was focused about actual strategies. I skimmed through Fastlane 3 yrs ago, but I really took a deep dive into UNSCRIPTED .

LitaVK

Failure is just the raw material of success
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
115%
Dec 19, 2019
BC, Canada
Just finished reading Unscripted . Really helped in solidifying the information from TMF with many examples, strategies, and steps. Despite feeling a bit overwhelmed and anxious to start learning about everything and taking action, I'm grateful I have Unscripted to use as a guide throughout my entrepreneurial journey.

@v8er

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Jan 8, 2020
Read both books, kindle and audiobooks. Doing a second pass on both again, absolute gold

Deckstar

New Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
333%
Oct 24, 2019
Tallinn, Estonia
Hello there :smile:

First time post for me. I've read Unscripted . Obviously, I enjoyed it, otherwise I wouldn't be here ;)

I've made a list of my favorite quotes, mostly as a way for me to remind myself of my favorite parts of the book, but also to encourage the curiosity of anyone who might be reading this.

I really hope I'm not breaking any copyright or offending anyone with this long post (over 1000 words, mostly copy-paste) :happy: If I am, my sincerest apologies! Moderators: feel free to edit anything as you see fit.

Anyway, without further ado, here are my favorites:

———————————————————————

All of Chapter 4 (especially the first part, "The Paradigm is Shit". This section alone was worth the time & money for not making me feel like I was crazy and alone in the world.) But a special mention goes to:
  • “Trust your obese doctor.” Cracked me up with how on-point it was.

Chapter 7
  • “Ever tell your peers you got a new job? Notice the likes and congratulations. But tell them you quit your job to go after your dream? #Stinkface. Unfurl the umbrella for the hellstorm about to rain. You’ll be bludgeoned with dire warnings and caveats.
    Translation?
    SCRIPT divergence is unacceptable. You must be like us. You must stay within the lines of the nine-to-five model. Speak of anything outside the formula and watch the spaghetti fly. Watch friends drop. Watch loved ones doubt you, or worse, disown you."

Chapter 8
  • “As for success and/or financial wealth, think about the last three items you bought. Upon handing over your cash, did you ask the sales clerk if the inventor had a college degree?"
  • “The SCRIPT has armed virtual reality with all the latest psychological weaponry hoodwinking you into a state of entertained distraction—so entertainingly distracted that you share your addiction on Facebook."

Chapter 14
  • “The disheartening truth was clear: Wipe me from the face of the planet and no one outside family would care. I was a nobody. My two business degrees, a waste. My impressive college GPA, earned years earlier, didn’t mean jack. My dead-end job was just a merry-go-round keeping the bills paid until next month."
  • “Want to know why everyone is so miserable?
    The answer is simple: they’ve given up."

Chapter 15
  • “Studying success isn’t very helpful—we should be studying failures."
  • “One of the greatest travesties in self-improvement is this notion of the “silver bullet,” a cherished macro-event—or “that one secret” that is error-proof, foolproof, and failure-proof."
  • “Rewritten micro-processes cause real change, so the macro-process can follow.”

Chapter 16
  • “Believe that broke blogger’s advice that “do what you love” is the secret to success and you might fail twenty businesses."
  • “Flawed premises yield flawed results.
    Different results need different premises.”

Chapter 17
  • “While we are free to question and investigate our beliefs, few do. Instead, we seek to ratify them through a collective groupthink. "
  • “The American media is mostly controlled by six large corporations whereas thirty years ago it was diversified among several dozen, thus a handful of powerful executives control the media narrative for millions."

Chapter 18
  • “The shortcut scam is the idea that extraordinary results can be achieved by uncovering a secret bypass or a miracle weapon, and such can skirt the real hard work that actually creates the extraordinary results."
  • “Oh, and my favorite shortcut scheme? It’s pharmaceutical companies who aren’t in the business of curing disease; they’re in the business of obscuring symptoms."
  • “The truth is, many folks reading this book are looking for a shortcut. And after they discover there is no shortcut perched on a silver platter, and instead hard work and late nights are required, they’ll tweet to their seventeen followers that this book is crap."

Chapter 21
  • “Stop hunting money and start hunting value."

Chapter 22
  • “A careful reflection yields a humbling truth: Every single thing in your life was once invented and created by someone, or by someone executing on a corporate initiative. Yes, every comfort, convenience, and functionality you now enjoy was once someone’s idea. Someone’s work, dream, or passion. And now you benefit from that output."
  • “If you want to make millions, impact millions."

Chapter 25
  • “According to a BankRate.com survey, 27 percent of Americans have ZERO savings, while 76 percent of Americans live paycheck to paycheck with enough savings to last only six months.49 Six months? The average American can’t save a multi-monthed emergency fund, let alone a multi-yeared retirement stretch. That means mimicking the ubiquitous Utopian Graph is impossible because too much time has already passed. The S&P 500 won’t grow $1,000 into $2 million in twenty years. And while the compound-interest blowhards advocate starting at any age, portfolios give zero shits."
  • “Starting over, reversing course, or switching gears is now impossible. Too much time has passed. When wealth now is traded for a promise of wealth later, you’re snipping body parts."
  • “Try and find ONE Forbes cover model whose fortune was created because they diligently invested with Wall Street like we retail investors, a.k.a. Iggy Investor, are instructed to do. Go ahead. I’ll wait.
    Welcome back. What did you find?
    Let me guess—nothing.
    Subtract the entrepreneurs, the inheritors, the sports and entertainment titans, the corporate INSIDERS, and those that serve the financial industry over investing in it, and you’ll find exactly what I found: the stock market isn’t making investors wealthy; it’s making its servants wealthy."

Chapter 26
  • “Every one of us needs to stop hero-worshiping mortal beings and be our own heroes."

Chapter 29
  • “Passion didn’t pay the bills because passion didn’t hit a market need."
  • “See, it’s easy to love what you do when others do too."

Chapter 30
  • “Perhaps buried deep behind our “whys,” we all have the same generic meaning-and-purpose—to simply solve each other’s problems and make the world a better place."
  • “The great happiness secret is autonomy. Freedom. The ability to feel in control of your life, to stockpile options, mobility, and whatever else you self-determine and endorse."

Chapter 31
  • “You can fail 70 percent of the time and still be considered a legend. Heck, hit one home run at the right time and you can live legendary for life, even if you’re a career 100 hitter."

Chapter 34
  • “If you’re an entrepreneur scoping for ideas, the best are the hard ones because the difficulty represents the opportunity."

Chapter 35
  • “Even worse, I never heard about value, needs, or wants in any of my college business courses. Nope, instead we discussed marketing tactics like AIDA, the 4 Ps, and other textbook strategies designed to move merchandise. Product viability or needfulness was never discussed, let alone on the curriculum!"

Chapter 36
  • “The big irony of passive income is it’s anything but passive. Every single entrepreneur I know who enjoys passive income today exercised an extraordinary and committed process yesterday. Passivity? LOL."

Chapter 38
  • “Sure there are a lot of “best practices” and things you can learn, but the bottom line is, you won’t know what needs to be known until you get there. [...] You don’t know what you need to know until you know."

Chapter 40
  • “Nothing sucks more than spending months and thousands of dollars only to discover the market doesn’t want your product. Soft proof’s objective is to verify your concept/idea with the marketmind before spending a fortune in resources."

Chapter 43
  • “In my ten-minute pass of the $12,000 dresses and $42,000 chandeliers, the messaging of this “lifestyle” magazine was clear: you are inadequate and your inadequacy can be solved by spending everything you earn on outclassing the other guy.
    It made me think.
    While I can afford most of the overpriced garbage in this magazine, most people, even in North Scottsdale, cannot. Yet somebody is buying this stuff."

Chapter 46
  • “Negative influences or destructive people, no matter what their label (family, fraternity brother, coworker) shouldn't carry exemptions to excommunication."

Chapter 49
  • “Thank You
    The many hours you’ve spent reading this book mean a lot to me. Probably more than you know. Because time threads our human experience, neither renewable nor returnable, giving me yours is a heartfelt privilege. I thank you for trusting me with it."

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.