The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

I've Read UNSCRIPTED!

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Have 2 other friends reading it after I recommended it.

Thank you, always appreciate the recommendations!

will be the Polish version of Unscripted ? Polish TMF was great

License sold and translation is underway.

Recommended both books strongly to my close friends,

Thank you!

Has anyone read the "new" version of TMF ? The one with bitcoin inside?

The newer version has NO new content, it is just better edited with up-to-date statistics and newer references to things ongoing in culture, i.e., bitcoin.

I much prefer it to TMF, although both are great.

As do I.

So I tried to leave an Amazon review but it was rejected! They didn't say why just a link to a list of general guidelines. Can anybody tell me what was wrong this?...

Did you have any luck? All reviews are appreciated at Amazon!

One of the best general business books in the market.

Thank you!

I hope that some day M.J. Demarco edit it to Spanish (Unscripted ) because when I was reading I thought that I would be a nice gift to my girlfriend, unfortunately, she doesn't read in english.

TMF was just released in Spanish. If it does well, the Spanish publisher will probably pick up Unscripted .

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

WealthyMarketer

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
295%
Dec 28, 2018
Finally finished the book last night, but I took a different approach than most.

I bought the physical copy, the audiobook, and the Kobo version.

I spent 97% of my driving time and other time doing mindless tasks (running errands, playing Candy Crush on my phone, and even watching sports) listening to Scott.

I read, re-read, listened, and re-listened to only one chapter per day. For some of the longer chapters such as the ones explaining the different hyperrealities I spent a week just focusing on the chapter. I memorized the diagrams (The Scripted OS, TUNEF, Motivation Cycle, the Fastlane Entrepreneurship clover, the Kinetic Execution wheel). I answered every question and did every homework assignment. I even use the words "Value Voucher" without thinking about it.

Now I’m finally ready to start spinning gumball machines and I’m already acting on my very first idea that I came up with.

Way too many lessons, but I think the one that stood out most for me was that I was way too focused in the past on hunting and chasing "money" instead of creating value and attracting value vouchers.

Eetunga

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
233%
Mar 5, 2019
Germany
I found the Audiobook by accident and I loved it!

I am pretty sure I can't add anything new to this thread what hasn't been said already. Haven't read all 76 pages though.

All I want to say:
This was such a great listen! I can't recommend it enough and I will to everyone who will ask me.

But a fair warning! There is so much information! And all is pure gold. You probably should read/listen to this book at least once every two months.

I am looking forward to adopting all those thoughts!

Thank you very much for this book!

KasemWo.

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
275%
Nov 26, 2018
It is impossible to find the Unscripted in Thailand, so I bought it on Kindle. I have to go through the book for 3 times since there are some terms that I need to take a while to understand. Great book by the way. I love it.

gianis

New Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Mar 6, 2019
There are hard truths in Unscripted ! The perfect guide that confirmed my weaknesses and beliefs, the type of entrepreneur I am when was actually action-faking! Back to the unscripted road...

Null

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
140%
Jan 16, 2019
Just finished reading it. The content is quite practical. Looking forward to taking the first step towards an unscripted life.

Welder1986

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
202%
Oct 7, 2016
Another great read!! Finished a while back but I remember right from the beginning I was easily able to relate the dreaded time spent in the office to the same type of monotony in the work shop slaving for the boss. Hits home.

D

Deleted65448

I've read Unscripted , and I think the Fastlane Commandment is far easier to remember than Productocracy elaborated in this book. But the part most memorable for me is the Unscripted weapon of Hyperreality. Particularly "named days".

It's so true that we're the only species that cares about this, and it has been working against our interest

Tiber

New Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
52%
Feb 25, 2019
United States
Just finished Unscripted (audiobook format). I put my audiobooks on 1.5 speed. I find it keeps me tuned in better. My thinking is that you think much faster than you can read or speech, so why should we be able to listen and process faster...? Well it works for me. I fricken loved it. This is everything I've been looking for.
I'm going to order the hard copies of both MFL and Unscripted .
I'm now listening to Stephen Key's How to sell your ideas with or without a patent.

Last edited:

MNejc

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
89%
Mar 10, 2019
Slovenia
Watched a couple of Unscripted book reviews on YouTube, as I have ordered the book some days ago and can't wait to start reading the book when I come home from field work.

David 964

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
179%
Feb 10, 2019
Los Angeles
Unscripted was great. Audiobook was so easy to listen, unfortunately it was so interesting I wanted to listen more and more and I neglect to download PDF's MJ refers to on Audible. Next round will be reading the book, go through examples and test them. I enjoy chapter 48 - your last business ever, so nice to read something what inspires to act.

Arthur_ISR

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Feb 6, 2019
Israel
Just finished reading it .Grate book! Thank you MJ.
Recommended TMF for one of my friends, as he have to fix his mindset just before starting the scripted pass with college degree.
+2 To your list :)

Spino

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
132%
Jan 26, 2019
I read (listened) Unscripted .
I realised during the read that I haven't been totally brainwashed by the "script" most people follow, a couple of years ago I broke out of the script, at least mentally, and I am still in the process of changing my future.
I preferred The Millionaire Fastlane however Unscripted is still a good read that I believe can change the point of view of the majority of people.
Thank you MJ

JPK London

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Feb 25, 2019
London
I have read the book, it was the first one I have read, followed by TMF , I am a big fan! Great work and great book. I can feel it created a scaffolding in my mind for all the great ideas and thoughts and I analyzed and liked but seen shortcomings of. Great work indeed. Thanks!

Sire Bryan

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
75%
Mar 13, 2019
Being a successful High School dropout, this book really resonated with me. MJ put it all into a context that people can understand.

azt3k

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
114%
Mar 10, 2019
I can gladly say I've read Unscripted !

There are so many things that I'd want to quote here, but I'll go ahead and use this one: "Does selling five decades of youthful time so you can buy ten elderly years sound smart?". For me, this really encapsulates part of the heart of this book. To think of it in such terms is quite sobering.

It reminds me of a song I'd heard a while back with a line much to the spirit of the quote I used, as well as some other themes in the book:

Disclaimer: Plenty of vulgarity used!
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P2pMyKL0Ccc

"So shut the f@#$ up and cut out all that noise. Give me the money while I'm young enough to enjoy."

S.Kim

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
Oct 17, 2018
Read book(going second time now), it was lengthier than TMF and is written with harder vocabulary, so it was challenge for me to read it as English is not my native language. But not a single page was wasted.

Ocean Man

Life-long learner.
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
222%
Sep 26, 2018
United States