• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. Join 40,000+ entrepreneurs
    who are kicking butt and
    winning their dream life.

Unscripted™ Entrepreneurship:
    A Business That Pays More Than Money, It Pays Time.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The Unscripted Entrepreneurial Framework (TUNEF) outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED™). From multimillionaires to digital nomads, the forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

GOLD! I've Read UNSCRIPTED!

Discussion in 'Education, Learning, Books' started by MJ DeMarco, May 12, 2017.

1. GRIT

GRIT PARKED I've Read UNSCRIPTED

Rep Bank:
    $1
    Read it and loved it! I might read it again

2. Not_That_MD

Not_That_MD New Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED

Rep Bank:
    $31
    Done!
    Need something like a week for the thoughts to run free, then will probably read again, taking notes this time. I think this one is even better than the first one, in terms of entrepreneur's guide - less compromising, more insightful. Loved it!

3. SethLBender

SethLBender New Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED

Rep Bank:
    $62
    I've read Unscripted! Now I'll live Unscripted!

4. Andreas Thiel

Andreas Thiel Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER

Rep Bank:
    $365
    Read it.

In my introduction thread I wrote that one aspect in The Millionaire Fastlane did not vibe quite right with me.
    I felt that - in the home stretch - legit issues that people have were too easily dismissed as excuses, even though the book had not sufficiently made a case for that evaluation.

I wondered if UNSCRIPTED was going to be just a rehash of TMF plus a few forum anecdotes.
    What I did not expect was that the book would actually have a "look, ... about those excuses that I dismissed earlier ..." part. But it does. And that part has a lot of substance.

Then, the original big picture concepts and the little distinctions that are introduced are all awesome additions to the ones of TMF.
    I am glad I did not postpone reading the book. I have made several very concrete adjustments to my strategy and my immediate plans.

Favorite quote:

5. Chris25

Chris25 Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED

Rep Bank:
    $172
    It's 10 days later and I'm done with #UNSCRIPTED : )

I was on a productivity/business books binge this summer with TMF and UNSCRIPTED being the last two books on the list. Now I think I'll have to press pause on these topics until my brain processes the all the information MJ served and I adjust my life and my business. It really felt like a huge sum up of everything I've learned before plus tons of new info, followed by an execution plan.

Thank you once again! The blindfold is definitely off.

6. rubenn911

rubenn911 PARKED Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED

Rep Bank:
    $1
    Read the book. Good follow up for TMF.

7. LittleJohn

LittleJohn Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED

Rep Bank:
    $155
    First TMFL and now UNSCRIPTED. Very good books to say the least.
    I always hated the SCRIPT and stomaching 9-5's were something i never could fully wrap my ahead around. Probably why i worked sales type jobs with flexibility in the schedule and/or people not breathing down my back telling me what to do. Anyway, none of that matters now. This book goes details the SCRIPT vs UNSCRIPTED and like TMFL gives more of a foundational template for working ones way toward an UNSCRIPTED LIFE.

Definitely will be used as an ongoing point of reference.

Before leaving my corporate 'steady job' three months ago part of me had that fear like what am I doing leaving a steady check, benefits, 401k, options, etc. But I also felt that I just couldn't go on like that and I knew I could make something happen..Thankfully, my wife was completely supportive of me going after what i want - my own business / something I created and run. I reason due to her father and his father being entrepreneurs has possibly caused her to see things more UNSCRIPTED than the average bear and not be locked into me always having a 9-5 SCRIPTED life, etc.

8. ChrisV

ChrisV Gold Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $7,705
    Read it. Probably of the best book on business ever written.

9. Andreas Thrane

Andreas Thrane New Contributor I've Read UNSCRIPTED

Rep Bank:
    $69
    Read it. Probably the best book on that specific topic i have read.

Who is the marketing god who buys up small ecommerce businesses and turn them into money machines a half year later? Can i read his story on this forum?

ChrisV likes this.
  10. srodrigo

srodrigo New Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED

Rep Bank:
    $6
    Read it. Not as impactful as TMF but I would say it's overall a better book. I read it twice actually, and planning to do a third time in the future.

11. chriszach

chriszach New Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED

Rep Bank:
    $74
    Read it, definitely goes into the bucket of "best choices I've ever made".

12. lludwig

lludwig Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $4,017
    I've read it.

13. Knicks

Knicks New Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER

Rep Bank:
    $16
    I've read it, too. What I like about it is the concept of unscripting your life to see what is really important. Many people are wasting their time and don't want to take responsibility without knowing that this lifestyle is destructive in it's nature.

14. CRAsian

CRAsian New Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER

Rep Bank:
    $94
    Does it count if we've finished the Audible audiobook? Because if so, I've read it! Fired up more than ever, thank you for all that you've done for us, MJ.

15. Red October95

Red October95 PARKED I've Read UNSCRIPTED

Rep Bank:
    $1
    If Unscripted were a meme it would be the gentlemen holding up a middle finger saying "I quit!" Excellent book and definitely added kindle to an already burning fire for freedom I have.

16. Pete R

Pete R New Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED

Rep Bank:
    $32
    TMF was so good, I immediately bought and read Unscripted... and it was even better!

Thank you MJ for the inspiration I needed to put the pedal down and pull into the fastlane :)

17. Solais

Solais Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED

Rep Bank:
    $107
    I finished reading this book twice (just as I did for TMF). It's updated and filled with useful information, especially regarding Kinetic Execution.

Execution is where INTPs such as myself face the most difficulty - conjuring up ideas or blowing all the hard earned money away on booze is hardly an issue.

18. jpmartin

jpmartin Jedi Master I've Read UNSCRIPTED

Rep Bank:
    $275
    Finally! @MJ DeMarco great read. Highly recommend it, and I could go out and say a fantastic second book follow up. The only complaint I had was, boy... was it long! I'll probably do a followup and share my thoughts and love to hear yours on why your frame of thinking.

19. Ranman

Ranman New Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED

Rep Bank:
    $99
    I've listen to Unscripted excellent content. I love the rawness and how MJ really breaks it down on whats its take to get the ball rolling. Unscripted will light a fire under your a$$ or it will wake you up to all the wantrepneurs aspects of business

20. lunarcow

lunarcow New Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER

Rep Bank:
    $17
    Unscripted is fabulous reading, a real mental jolt awake from mediocrity. It has inspired me to use the Kaizen principle and take small but deliberate actions daily.

21. Over

Over New Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED

Rep Bank:
    $27
    I've listened it. Great book and I would say it is extended "TMF", with many more details.

22. RazorCut

RazorCut Gold Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $11,630
    I've listened and re-listened. It's in my Audible app so I take it everywhere I go. Thanks MJ.

23. Veloman

Veloman New Contributor I've Read UNSCRIPTED

Rep Bank:
    $172
    I decided to buy Unscprited before TMF. Just finished last night. I plan to reread a lot of the middle chapters.

The stuff on the feedback loop is gold. It applies to many areas of life I believe.

24. AlexFive

AlexFive PARKED I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER

Rep Bank:
    $9
    I listened to UNSCRIPTED on Audible, and I felt my brain being rewritten every minute. It gave a clear voice to many things that had been vaguely bothering me in life. It was mind expansion equal to listening to ANTIFRAGILE for the first time. I'm adopting many of the concepts from this and TMF and am excited to see where they take me.

25. handog

handog New Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER

Rep Bank:
    $6
    I finished TMF a couple weeks ago, now I've finished Unscripted. I read the book as I listened to the audible so that it soaked it in thoroughly. I loved TMF for the exposure of showing me that I didn't know squat about entrepreneurship. I love the feeling when in hindsight all the things I didn't know that I didn't know, that now I know.

Both books are gold, but I think integrating the mindset that Unscripted lays down will be the crucial foundation for execution.

So much for my local passion oriented side hustles. I've got to read through the forum and make some decisions.