The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

I've Read UNSCRIPTED!

EJK

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
214%
Apr 11, 2018
I've read unscripted . In the processes of re-reading and taking in-depth notes. Answering every question posed in my own words. Toward proper implimentations.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

ScottD

New Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Oct 3, 2017
Toronto, Canada
After reading it the first time, I found myself quoting MJ to friends and really questioning why our society just expects people to work for someone else, accept a crappy raise each year, save 10% of their salary into stock index mutual funds for 5% per year return. Meanwhile, everyone who preaches that doesn't do it themselves.

I'm reading it again.

srx

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
350%
Nov 6, 2017
NYC
I read this about 6 months ago and it's an awesome follow-up to The Millionaire Fastlane . This is one of those rare finds that really shifts your view of reality. It makes you not only question some of society's rules, but realize that tremendous success is possible when breaking them.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Moved you up into my favorite authors list with Michael Crichton.

Wow, that's means a ton to me. Thank you.

I have to say, at some points, UNSCRIPTED had me choking up a little bit, that's right, tearing up. I can't speak for anyone else, but you're book is scaring me.

That was the effect I tried to roil ... emotion, anger, compelled toward a FTE.

This may not be a "thank you for making me rich, MJ" post, but it's a "thank you for this life saving book, MJ" post.

Everything grows from your head. The seeded is planted, what will you do with it now?

This is the most life-changing book I have ever read!

Yah!

And my favorite part of the book was when you outlined the value attributes. It made me realize that it didn't matter if the product was already made. If I can find an attribute that I can execute better for that product, I can create a new and better product.

When you boil everything down to business, this is what they do. They skew value.

"We must all suffer one of two things: the pain of discipline, or the pain of regret."

Jim Rohn quoted this, not me. I did attribute in the book as well! Great quote!

Chris Lee

New Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
400%
Apr 14, 2018
Seoul Republic of Korea
Now that there's several hundred out there in the wild, guess it is time to start a thread for those of you who have read (or listened to!) UNSCRIPTED !

View attachment 14816

Hope everyone enjoyed it and found it to be a good "big picture" supplement for The Millionaire Fastlane !

To download the first (5) chapters: HERE
To learn more (website) visit: HERE
To order via Amazon: HERE
To listen via Audible: HERE
Read it! Thanks MJ!

Youngrahn

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
236%
Mar 28, 2018
England originally from Korea
I actually read Unscripted first based on some Audible reviews and am currently finishing The Millionaire Fastlane . This book was such a wake up call and parts of it keep hitting me over the head as I continue to think about the what I read. All this time I thought I was just taking my own, chaotic path to the "dream." I am realizing I was just sucked into the "script" along with everyone else. I feel like someone just took the blindfold off. I feel I am finally seeing clearly now and can start acting on ideas I have been contemplating for years. Thanks, MJ.

I'm glad you enjoyed the book. I'm really enjoying it myself, as well.

According to my Kindle, I've got only 20% left!
Living overseas, I couldn't get a copy translated into Korean which is my first language.
For me, it's been taking A WHILE to get to the 80% of the book.
Is there anybody who actually had to google '401k' like me while reading it?
Well, I DOUBT it!

Simply put, the book is difficult! and it takes extra time for me to fully understand what some of members talk about on this forum, as well. Again, it is difficult! (and sometimes I wished there had been another fastlane forum in Korean online community)

But the beauty of 'difficult' has been keeping me from spending hours on passively scrolling through social media. and my daily routine has been led by more offensive 'action-taking' and less 'action-faking'. :somber:

Can't wait for his next book!

rmsci

New Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Apr 24, 2018
Montreal, Canada
Finished Unscripted last week (reading TMF now). The book makes clear some ideas that I already knew unconsciously. Ideas about process and how most people don't know how to use money correctly once they get it. Time to work on my process and take action!

TheMechanic

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Apr 24, 2018
Just finished Unscripted tonight.

"Did you exchange A walk on part in the war For a lead role in a cage?"
-Pink Floyd

This line always jumped out at me and now I know why...

My freedom is worth fighting for

DifficultTruth

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
500%
Nov 22, 2016
Just finished my first read through of Unscripted , I will be getting the audiobook version of it and listening when in the car, and re-read it again in the future to help refresh and hammer the concepts. I took my time reading this book, no speed reading, but deliberate and intentional reading of every single word, stopping to collect my thoughts and pondering what they mean often. I read TMF a few years ago, and it re-assured me there is another way of life, but that way got thrown to the back-burner, by what I now understand is the script, an easy trap to fall into. I was called back to this forum by my FTE, which was not of my choosing but the uncontrollable fact of life that is death, and that calling lead me to Unscripted . I will expand on my FTE one day in the future here, but with the positives that come out of journey as well. Thank you MJ, I am not sure where'd I'd be without this forum and the books.

PersistentlyHungry

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
148%
Mar 25, 2017
Israel
MJ - I want to thank you for changing my outlook on life with Unscripted .
I had read it meticulously and took notes - not only does it reveal the script in all its glory,
but it explains the step by step process of breaking free.

I LOVED the guiding principle of the book which is the fiduciary principle - I feel like that philosophy alone had a major impact on my outlook on life.

Prior to reading the book I was to clueless with regards to how the process looks like (Specifically, how to create an MVP for a physical product and test market response).
After finishing it, I am now clear on how to soft test my idea, and have already ordered product mockups to create my landing page.

Also, your new Youtube videos are a bomb! Don't you dare stopping.

- Chen

Deano Demarco

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
111%
Apr 21, 2018
Colchester, UK.
I have now read this book, and left you a nice review on Amazon.co.uk. I really enjoyed it. I see that ITunes have a audio version, which I may get, so I can listen to it while driving, as I enjoy audio versions of certain books especially where you have a lot of concepts to learn.

Many thanks for such a great book, a manual for success.

Now that there's several hundred out there in the wild, guess it is time to start a thread for those of you who have read (or listened to!) UNSCRIPTED !

View attachment 14816

Hope everyone enjoyed it and found it to be a good "big picture" supplement for The Millionaire Fastlane !

To download the first (5) chapters: HERE
To learn more (website) visit: HERE
To order via Amazon: HERE
To listen via Audible: HERE

vshetty.vs

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
212%
Sep 11, 2014
Pune
Hey MJ,

Loved the book. Awesome work.Love your writing style.

But I didn't get the hype behind the book. It's just an expanded version of the TMF (which I'm glad it is)

But if you're deciding between TMF and Unscripted . I'd pick TMF a million times over. When I'm disillusioned by the slowlane lifestyle, I read the millionaire fastlane . When I'm about to quit my dreams, I read the millionaire fastlane .

I can't see Unscripted having the same pull over me; maybe it's just because I read TMF first.

Driver

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Mar 1, 2018
Germany
Read it and loved it.

TMF surprised me and it was exactly what I needed. So it was a no-brainer to get Unscripted as well. I hoped for a good sequel to TMF. But I was so wrong...

Unscripted goes far beyond. MJ, you delivered an outstanding book. You will find lots of inspirational books out there, but they rarely offer clear guidance on action. With Unscripted you managed to combine both: inspiration and action.

MJ, thanks for your books and this forum. Now it's my turn to take action.

lyndon Green

New Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
May 1, 2018
South Africa
Read the book and loved it!
Much better than THINK AND GROW RICH. I think this book is the SECRET in plain language that Hill was talking about. "I will now go and have a glass of wine to my epiphany"

''A real student will not merely read this book, he will absorb its contents and make them his own.''
A MODERN DAY CLASSIC

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.