The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

I've Read UNSCRIPTED!

SeePetey

Highly Trained Ape
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
219%
Mar 8, 2012
Elsewhere
I'd already picked up a hard-copy awhile back, but then I accidentally ordered the Audible book "Love Unscripted " by fat fingering my phone as I hustled through airport security trying to get it downloaded before catching a flight.

Needless to say, I was quite disappointed, but Audible was understanding enough to give me my credit back so I could buy the real deal.

But yeah, kudos again to MJ for making this book happen.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Lunarfoxel

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
560%
Nov 14, 2017
ZA
Still reading Unscripted , but want to share that it is like someone took me by the shoulders and shook me out of a nightmare.
You remember Neo in the Matrix, when he took the red pill and woke up to what was actually going on? Yeah, that's a perfect analogy (minus the gooey slime)

StayPositive

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
198%
Mar 20, 2014
I've read the book and listened to the audiobook simultaneously. This combination is a great way to absorb the content on Kindle.

Thanks MJ. As always - you put it bluntly.

TKRR

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
157%
Nov 27, 2017
Ohio
Just finished Unscripted . It was a great read. It's always a bummer finishing books like this. It was hard to read a lot of it, because the message was clear. Chapter 4 in particular... I feel like everyone in the US should read that chapter and try not to weep or start feeling beat down. Thanks MJ for making a straight forward non-BS book.

I loathe the books about the "fast" approach, the "easy" money things or the million marketing books by people with 20 twitter followers (ugh)... I also liked that you want to create things that actually value the world, not just make money. I could never sign onto an idea without that in mind.

TKRR

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
157%
Nov 27, 2017
Ohio
Just finished Unscripted . It was a great read. It's always a bummer finishing books like this. It was hard to read a lot of it, because the message was clear. Chapter 4 in particular... I feel like everyone in the US should read that chapter and try not to weep or start feeling beat down. Thanks MJ for making a straight forward non-BS book.

I loathe the books about the "fast" approach, the "easy" money things or the million marketing books by people with 20 twitter followers (ugh)... I also liked that you want to create things that actually value the world, not just make money. I could never sign onto an idea without that in mind.

Oh.... is it worth reading Millionaire Fastlane now? Is it more or less the same? Or something different completely?

Thanks!

Derric

New Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
33%
Dec 10, 2017
Texas
Oh.... is it worth reading Millionaire Fastlane now? Is it more or less the same? Or something different completely?

Both books are amazing. I read the The millionare fast lane first, and thought that unscripted would be the same. Boy was I wrong. both offer phenomenal insights in different ways

andrewsyc

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
216%
Aug 14, 2017
Iowa
I've read both TMF and Unscripted , both are in touch with reality and glad to have come across them.

I hope to contribute from time to time on this forum as the feedback could be useful for everyone.

edj4success

New Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Jul 24, 2016
Denver
Greetings Fastlane.

I read both TMF and Unscripted after a friend's recommendation. Both are enlightening books that have made an everlasting impact on how I view entrepreneurship. It helped shape my perception of the realities of autonomy, wealth, and freedom.

Thank you MJ for producing and sharing such valued content.

I look forward to learning and contributing to the forum through my new journey in the Fastlane.

JoshM

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
292%
Dec 12, 2017
Houston, TX
I purchased the book + audiobook and listened to it during my commute. Needless to say, my eyes are opened. It was one swift kick in the pants that I truly needed.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
but then I accidentally ordered the Audible book "Love Unscripted " by fat fingering my phone

Ha Ha, that could be interesting ... "since when did MJ start writing about passionate lovemaking in the sunlit meadow?"

Read it after reading rave reviews on Reddit.

Wow, I didn't know that! Thanks for letting me know!

Socks and shoes are not the same. They complement each other, and while both as an individual unit can help make things better, they belong together.

Bitwise

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
211%
Dec 12, 2017
Chandler, AZ
I really enjoyed Unscripted - thanks for writing it and putting it out there for the world. I appreciate that so much of the message is focused on creating real, lasting value as opposed to the banal pursuit of money for the sake of money. Every really wealthy person I know seemed to stop caring about money as soon as they had it. Instead they care about relationships, time, and leaving the world a better place than they found it. They use their money towards those goals and do some pretty amazing things. While it's natural and, I believe, healthy to ethically pursue wealth as an end unto itself I think that for most people the goals and focus change as soon as they catch the cat.

Peta of JamRock

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
63%
Feb 10, 2015
Kingston, Jamaica
I finished reading it a few months ago and left a review on amazon. Thanks for writing it. MJ. If TMF is high school, Unscripted would be college - the kind of college you can't b.s. your way through and still expect to cross the stages with awards. I loved the hard truth. no bull tone of both books. After all, spinning a fluffy tale of fairies and rainbows where entrepreneurship is concerned helps no one.

TKRR

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
157%
Nov 27, 2017
Ohio
Socks and shoes are not the same. They complement each other, and while both as an individual unit can help make things better, they belong together.

Thanks MJ. The temptation was probably too great for me not to check it out I think, haha. Just wasn't sure if Unscripted was an evolution of the concept. Cheers! Thanks!

Ryan G

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
227%
Dec 6, 2017
Iowa
I've read quite a few books this year, and Unscripted is definitely at the top of my list. A great in your face and practical message from MJ!

I'm planning to start The Millionaire Fastlane next...

And, it won't matter at all that I read either of these books if I don't take action!

G

Guest6814

I still think about Unscripted a lot, a few months after finishing it. The other day, I reread some of my notes, and reminded myself of the 4 Unscripted disciplines that keep a person wealthy. The Entertainment Scam came to mind when I overheard a few adults at the day job yip-yapping for a very long time about superhero movies. Too many adults just won’t grow up. I’m glad I don’t care about that nonsense, and glad to have the insights gained from reading Unscripted .

Last edited by a moderator:

Fractal

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Dec 13, 2017
Colorado
Read (listened to) Unscripted ; the Audible version is awesome for my daily commute.

Planning to re-read to really extract and apply what I might've missed the first time through.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.