• Discuss Entrepreneurship | Start-Ups | Starting a Business | Wealth | Money | Success | Investing
  1. Escape the Grind. Resurrect The Dream. Live Happily Ever After.

Become an UNSCRIPTED™Entrepreneur.

Don’t just build a business—build a life and a legacy. UNSCRIPTED™ Entrepreneurship is a specific subset of business creation that awakens dreams, frees time, and explodes incomes—but more importantly, it changes lives.

Make no mistake; this isn’t something you “try”— this is something you live.
    KICKSTART YOUR PERSONAL REVOLUTION TODAY.
    Get The Book(s) Download More Info Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

Change Yourself.
Change Your Life.
Change The World.

Tired of broke bloggers giving you advice? Within minutes, get millionaire advice from real entrepreneurs who live the dream.

Book I've Read UNSCRIPTED!

Discussion in 'Education, Learning, Books' started by MJ DeMarco, May 12, 2017.

FORUM SEARCH

Need answers about entrepreneurship? Search FIRST! More than likely your entrepreneurial topic has already been discussed.
Powered by Google Site Search.
  1. ChickenHawk

ChickenHawk Platinum Contributor Read The Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $26,891
    At last, I've joined the "I've read Unscripted club." Listened to it from Audible, GREAT book! Loved the narrator, too. He really captured the kick-ass attitude.

I also left a review on Amazon & Audible. Five well-deserved stars, of course!

MJ DeMarco likes this.
  2. cini

cini New Contributor I've Read UNSCRIPTED

Rep Bank:
    $61
    Read it, definetly need to re-read it a couple of times.

My favourite part was the one about purposed saving. Helpful Stuff. Great Job :clap::

MJ DeMarco likes this.
  3. mike24601

mike24601 Bronze Contributor Read The Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,914
    Well, finally I finished it. I bought my copy of Unscripted shortly after release and it has taken me this long to finish it. I like to practice slow reading in the sense that I read a chapter and then reflect upon it. Now that it's finished, all I can say is "WOW!" Where TMF laid the foundation for my shift in thinking, Unscripted became the cornerstone of a very large building project that will free me from the scripted life forever. Over the course of 400 pages I laughed, I got depressed, I learned volumes. Every single chapter made me stronger as I tried out the ideas and principles through execution. I made mistakes, I had some failures, I listened for echoes and made corrections. Want to change your life forever? Get this book.

MJ DeMarco likes this.
  4. MJ DeMarco

MJ DeMarco Raving Lunatic Staff Member Read The Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $212,014
    Admin Post
    Woo hoo! Thanks, I thought so too ... but then again, my opinion is not relevant in the grand scheme.

I tried to make the project holistic with life, not just with our career choices.

You bet!! Thank you!!

Thanks, appreciate the reviews!

I hope it stands the test of time, other than a few "kinetic execution" steps in the customer life cycle, the concepts should be transcendent for years, perhaps decades.

Andy Black likes this.
  5. theresgot2bemore

theresgot2bemore New Contributor Read The Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED

Rep Bank:
    $43
    Thank you for this book MJ. I only learned of TMF last year and almost became one of those "I want money" casualties. I'm grateful that this book was released immediately after because it is seriously gold in the amount of knowledge you are dispensing. I'm glad I took the time to truly enjoy this book it was well worth it.

Kingmaker and MJ DeMarco like this.
  6. Slavi

Slavi Contributor Read The Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER

Rep Bank:
    $671
    Just finished reading Unscripted.
    TFM and Unscripted are the perfect toolbox and I recommend it every time I speak to young and passionate entrepreneurs. Thank you also for the Audiobook version @MJ DeMarco

MJ DeMarco likes this.
  7. Marc B.

Marc B. Bronze Contributor Read The Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $2,075
    Finished UNSCRIPTED on Wednesday, littered Parts 3 and 4 with notes, and started going back through them. I found more than a few reminders and actionable steps in this book while reading that made me say "Oh, DUH!" I'd put the book down, make an adjustment, and then pick it back up again. Found UNSCRIPTED super helpful, and I feel like MJ released it at the right time (for me, personally). Thanks again. :)

MJ DeMarco and ruzara5 like this.
  8. ruzara5

ruzara5 New Contributor I've Read UNSCRIPTED

Rep Bank:
    $60
    Unscripted. Simply life changing. MJ delivers. I got it on my kindle. It answers a ton of questions. Just like the community on this forum.

MJ DeMarco likes this.
  9. Almantas

Almantas Silver Contributor Read The Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $4,326
    Finished it! Got one from Book depository. That's a book of awesomeness! Highly recommended to aspiring entrepreneurs.

MJ DeMarco likes this.
  10. ksc23

ksc23 Bronze Contributor Read The Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $2,622
    When MJ announced his new book Unscripted, I was uncertain about ordering it.

"What if it's just a rehash of The Millionaire Fastlane?"

"Do I really need to read another business book?"

Given how much I loved his first book, I put my faith in him and ordered a copy.

Turns out my doubts were unwarranted. In his characteristically brazen tone, MJ unleashes a verbal rampage - tearing down commonly accepted paradigms while revealing the insanity of the "scripted" masses. From education to government to named days, no sector of society is left unquestioned.

My favorite aspect of Unscripted was The Unscripted Entrepreneurial Framework (TUNEF). As someone who thinks analytically and systematically, I appreciated how the concepts were organized into a logical, well-constructed framework.

I took to heart the suggestion to replace the word 'money' with 'value voucher' - a store of perceived value produced, communicated and delivered to the world (pg. 136). And was reminded of the importance of meaning and purpose - and how they're not the same as the cliche "follow your passion!". Also, the last section on money systems and how to protect your capital was eye-opening.

Overall, Unscripted examines a broad range of topics not covered inThe Millionaire Fastlane. I would highly recommend Unscripted to those who enjoyed The Millionaire Fastlane, entrepreneurs struggling to overcome plateaus, or anyone who's slaving away at a soul-suffocating job desperate for a legitimate way out.

MJ DeMarco and Kingmaker like this.
  11. Paulli

Paulli New Contributor Read The Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED

Rep Bank:
    $52
    Read it, loved it. You are a beast MJ. The last 2 books I've read, are the best books I've ever read, and they are Unscripted and TMF. Find myself recommending these books constantly and directing others to the forum as well.

Thanks MJ for writing these fucking great books! Have them on audio now as well so that I can go through both all over again

MJ DeMarco likes this.
  12. OrangeFlip

OrangeFlip Contributor Read The Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER

Rep Bank:
    $192
    Unscripted was one heck of a book. I've read the Kindle version and am seriously loving how it expanded so very much on Fastlane but also covered someone's whole self and path. Thank you for another excellent book

MJ DeMarco likes this.
  13. Five Star

Five Star Bronze Contributor Read The Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $420
    Finished it last night.

Loved it - top job :thumbsup:

Feel like I need to re-read it again to absorb everything, since there was so much content.

As always @MJDemarco, thoroughly appreciate the blunt explanations and opinions you expressed without holding back. Makes it all the more real.

The personal finance and investing tips at the end were over my head at the moment, but I love how it was broken down into easy bite sized chunks. I plan to revisit each area in more detail when the time is right :)

It was really interesting to see it laid out in black and white, how true passive income and compound interest can work - but only when you have capital to invest.

A big part of me feels motivated after reading it, though the other part of me admittedly feels overwhelmed (especially back at the 9-5!)

It's hard not to fantasize about being someone who's business takes off and grows explosively, but it sounds like there's a lot of hard work and focus required first!

MJ DeMarco likes this.
  14. Joe Ng

Joe Ng New Contributor Read The Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED

Rep Bank:
    $11
    Hi, have read both The Millionaire Fastlane and Unscripted, time to add value!

MJ DeMarco likes this.
  15. nitrousflame

nitrousflame Bronze Contributor Read The Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $854
    Sadly, I finished the book this weekend. I didn't want it to end.

Instantly a new go-to recommendation for me.

Thanks, MJ.

MJ DeMarco likes this.
  16. doublealpha

doublealpha New Contributor Read The Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED

Rep Bank:
    $12
    So, I finished Unscripted a few days ago, it changed a few things, solidified some views and it by far is the best book i've read this year.
    Thanks MJ I appreciate it.:thumbsup:

MJ DeMarco likes this.
  17. BeFound Faithful

BeFound Faithful Contributor Read The Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED

Rep Bank:
    $346
    Just finished "Unscripted" on Audible. I'm glad you got it out there (recorded) right away, MJ. So much great content. Leaves a person with no excuses but to face the obvious, as in, o.k. now that you know what it takes to get to unscripted, what are you going to do about it?

MJ DeMarco likes this.
  18. izzy_xyz

izzy_xyz New Contributor Read The Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED

Rep Bank:
    $17
    After TMF i was like "I could try this". UNSCRIPTED really beat the hell out of me, now it's time to take action. Amazing eye-opener, great book!

MJ DeMarco likes this.
  19. nateriver

nateriver New Contributor Read The Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED

Rep Bank:
    $27
    The first few chapters of UNSCRIPTED made me feel like a fuirous rebel. It made me realize that we are living like slaves without knowing it. While reading, you get 'fuck everything' mentality and i had the urge to immediatly start working towards financial freedom. i'm currently rereading it. Thank you so much MJ.

MJ DeMarco likes this.
  20. Ivan M.

Ivan M. Contributor Read The Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED

Rep Bank:
    $291
    I've read UNSCRIPTED and WOW!!. . . .just when I thought MJ blew my mind with TMF, he once more did it again the 2nd time. Great book!! The first book took me from the mold of being scripted into entrepreneurship. The second one made sure I took the scripted mold deep into the woods and put it out of its misery. :)

Last edited: Jul 19, 2017 at 3:27 PM
    MJ DeMarco likes this.
  21. MattStefanik

MattStefanik New Contributor Read The Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED

Rep Bank:
    $7
    Already on my second time through "Unscripted" on Audible - love it! As a self-employed serial entrepreneur of 15 years and someone who has probably failed more times than most on this forum, I highly recommend this book. Wish I had it when I dropped out of college 15 years ago - I'm certain I would have failed less with its guidance! ;)

MJ DeMarco likes this.
  22. rollerskates

rollerskates Bronze Contributor Read The Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,911
    I finally finished it! I would post a review, but when I go to Amazon, it says I have no orders in the past year??? :duh:

Anyway, AWESOME. If you haven't read it, DO IT. And while you're at it, read TMF. I am now going back and rereading all the stuff about value creation and generating ideas. I rate it :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

MJ DeMarco likes this.
  23. Fred Chevry

Fred Chevry Bronze Contributor Read The Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,050
    I have a couple minutes left to listen on the Audible version (great job by the narrator btw. I often forget it's not MJ talking).

Unscripted is pretty much to The Millionaire Fastlane what The Godfather part II is to The Godfather; It kept it's essence and core elements, while proposing you a totally different scenario. The overall feel I get is that The Millionaire Fastlane taught me how to get rich, while Unscripted taught me how to avoid being poor, which is equally important.

Both books interlace harmoniously and I can't help to think how difficult it must have been to write. Definitely the work of a very dedicated mentor here.

MJ DeMarco likes this.
  24. MJ DeMarco

MJ DeMarco Raving Lunatic Staff Member Read The Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $212,014
    Admin Post
    Thank you.

Nice to hear, my greatest fear in this book was its length, which was longer than TMF -- and that was long as well.

I think that is why it took me so long -- I had 2 groups to write for, the TMF reader and the reader who doesn't know WTF TMF is. Managing that balance in a manner that was optimal was, lets just say, a RPITA.

nitrousflame likes this.
  25. Brian A

Brian A New Contributor I've Read UNSCRIPTED

Rep Bank:
    $11
    Listened to the audio book, loved it. Played it in the car, and now my SO is also a convert.