The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

KnottedUp

New Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
380%
Dec 5, 2016
I read the book. Then I read it again. The first time reading it my mind was spinning from this new way of thinking. So I had to re-read it with this different mindset and things really started to become clear.

Thanks MJ

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Dekodimz

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Nov 19, 2016
Read the ebook a few weeks ago, found it quite eye-opening. I had heard before the thought of focusing on helping people and creating value rather than making money but it was very helpful to see the idea fleshed out and all the great tips and examples in the book. I will be reading it again (and jotting notes) because there is just so much good info I need a second pass.

Thanks for writing it and sharing, MJ!

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

Tb0wn

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
300%
Dec 2, 2016
I just finished reading it, and was blown away. I've read several books in this "genre" and had actually put off reading Millionaire Fastlane for about a year, as I assumed it was just going to be more of the same. Wow was I wrong, and wish I read this book when I first ran across it. I've always bought into the Slowlane and wanted to do "hobby" businesses, but as you point out hobby business pays hobby income. The monogamy vs polygamy chapter really spoke to me on this as well. The way you broke down how you can only hope for small % increases raises in the Slowlane, compared to the unlimited potential in the Fastlane really opened my eyes as well. I am looking forward to putting the Fastlane Commandments into practice and changing how I view the next 35+ years.

Thank you so much for writing this book!

Obiwan

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
72%
Nov 15, 2016
Durban South Africa
Hey Obiwan! The audio will be found in your audiobook library at Audible.com. Just use your amazon login and password to access the site. If you can, definitely pair the two up at the same time. It's amazing to me how much easier focusing is when you have audio + visual paired.
Sorry I didn't get to you sooner about the audio. I've got it now thank you. And thanks for the advice.

Huracan

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
144%
Feb 2, 2016
Read it a while ago and it was a real eye opener for me. Listening to the Audio version while i go the gym and on commutes.

Thanks for sharing this with us MJ

Mulsanne

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
329%
May 4, 2016
Brazil
Read it in january.
Do you remember that interview with Marcus Lucas, MJ? If you do, know that your words at that video were the best lessons I've ever had. Closed youtube and bought the book immediately after that.
Thank you.

MrProductive

Couchpotatoe turned Entrepreneur
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
176%
Dec 13, 2016
I haven't actually read the book, but listened to it. (Thanks Audible). Went through it very fast and will listen to it again soon. Thanks MJ for this great book.

UndertheBar

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
267%
Dec 5, 2016
Southeast US
Now that there are over 100,000 copies out there in the wild, multiple language translations, etc. this is the thread to let me know that you've read The Millionaire Fastlane .

If you read the book, post here and you will get an icon under your screenname and additional forum privileges. (Private forum, more PM storage, etc.)

Feel free to post your comments about the book as well!

Thanks, MJ

I've read it. Thank you for putting out such an awesome resource.

Ray Goslin

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
218%
Dec 13, 2016
Read the book. I like the distinction between "Get Rich Quick" and "Get Rich Easy". Most people want the easy path and wonder why they fail.

RickyDJ641

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
63%
Dec 11, 2016
Woke up at 2am this morning and just finished it before heading to work. I want to thank you . My path for financial freedom has been so based on compiling money and then being reliant on investing into stocks. This book has helped me see more clearly on what I should be focusing on. You're a very intelligent guy and I can't wait to scavenge all the posts on the forum.

Lukas Leroy

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Nov 24, 2016
Munich
Read and loved the book. Basically everyone I think might like the fastlane-way-of thinking already got a one from me and especially my dad is already really taking things into action.

Sent you a Mail a couple of weeks ago about my personal opinion on the book.

Again, awesome Work!
It really changed my live.

PeopleFinder

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
355%
Nov 14, 2016
UK
Now that there are over 100,000 copies out there in the wild, multiple language translations, etc. this is the thread to let me know that you've read The Millionaire Fastlane .

If you read the book, post here and you will get an icon under your screenname and additional forum privileges. (Private forum, more PM storage, etc.)

Feel free to post your comments about the book as well!

Thanks, MJ

read the book and loved it

Carrie85

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Dec 9, 2016
I read the MFL after finding this forum and I loved it. I already believed that working all your life to retire at 65 was not the way forward but this book absolutely confirmed it. Thank you for writing it!

Ryan Wolf

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
468%
Nov 26, 2016
Finished reading it last week. Took me awhile to finish it though because I started a new gig after reading one of the later chapters where I had an "AH HA!" moment. Made the first sale yesterday!! Great book, for sure.

PoGOOD

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
179%
Jul 4, 2014
Warsaw, Poland
I surely did :D

I started on my Kindle during holidays on a Greek island Rhodes - my wife told to put down the bloody book as after reading few crucial paragraphs I started looking for business opportunities around our hotel :D :D :D

Funny thing is - I found some, but with no fast lane potential :D

I also listened to the Audible version and I come back to it on a long car trips. "Automobile University" as Mr. Zig Ziglar used to call it. :D

JSM

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
243%
Nov 19, 2016
Read it! Definitely changed my outlook on my future. Thank you MJ!

mpcharles

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 1, 2016
Perth, Western Australia
Yup, if it wasn't I wouldn't have written it -- I don't write stuff that is relevant for 2016, but irrelevant in 2017.
Hi MJ,

Just finished the book.

Loved it. Really connected the missing link for me that I had been searching for.

I spat out my coffee a number of times in fits of laughter. In particular:

"Going fastlane.... requires you to turn your back on people farting headwinds in your direction"

Amongst other comments of disdain toward the slow lane.

Love it, just the kind of tough love that I needed.

In particular I found very useful: The producer mentality, that really stuck for me.

Action I plan to do now because of your book: launch a independent publisher and produce training programs for people including videos, workbooks and skill building. This will allow me to work on my online skills, video editing and content production. Focusing on the knowledge I have to improve peoples quality of life and enable them to build their own confidence and skills.

Amongst other programs.

Thanks again.

jrfkelly

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
130%
Dec 20, 2016
Farnborough UK
I finished it last week - Kindle version.
I've found it difficult to concentrate on one book at a time recently, so I switched on Word Runner and powered through. With WR, focus is binary - all or nothing. A side-benefit is I've got back into the habit of focusing and reading fast [emoji3]
The book is great, it's really helped me decide how to redesign my tiny side-business into a Fastlane business. Now I have to execute!
I've also recommended it to a friend whose business is really a (well-paid) disguised job and has plateaued in growth for a couple of years. I don't know if he'll take the advice on board, but that's not my problem!

Sent from my XT1562 using Tapatalk

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.