The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Joe Cassandra

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
509%
Jul 25, 2013
Woodstock, GA
I read it after hearing you on Pat Flynns podcast, one thing that opened my eyes are all the people that talk one way to make money and they do another.

I subscribe to forbes and many of the staff writers talk about slowlane investments when they highlight all these entrepreneurs who did nothing of the kind. For online, people telling you to just blog your way to success but they make all their money selling courses on blogging not actually blogging...or of course little Miss Suzy :)

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

twdavis

The Danger
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
142%
Jul 20, 2013
I actually read it over a year ago when I first joined the forum lol. And I highlight a TON of shit that stood out to me. Pink and yellow. lol

dwdefranco

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Jun 17, 2014
San Francisco
Loved the book and now going for the audiobook to listen to throughout my day....blew my mind WIDE open.
Thanks, MJ for "telling it like it is". Life will never be the same...

twdavis

The Danger
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
142%
Jul 20, 2013
Funny story, Amazon sent me a copy that had 10 or so pages stuck together, so they sent me another copy, but I got the pages unstuck in my original one, so I sent the new, good copy to a friend in Kentucky and he got into real estate and is doing pretty well. (So he says)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sashko

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
75%
Jun 17, 2014
New York City
Read the book multiple times. The first time I couldn't put it down, and finished it in less than 2 days. If I were to recommend one book out my collection of entrepreneurship/business books, this would be the one. Great no-bull practical advice all around.

Hang ten

New Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Apr 23, 2014
I originally read TMF back in 2011. The primary lesson I took away from the book is that the vast majority of people (I used to be one of them ) will spend 35-40 years accomplishing financial goals that could be accomplished in 3-5 years with the right mind set and willingness to learn and execute a business/businesses. It all revolves around owning and building a business that can (1) support a person and (2) has value as an asset for when that person wants to sell it and "cash out" so that they can spend the rest of their lives doing whatever they want to do. For some of us that might be drinking rum on a beach somewhere and, for others, the opportunity to give back to society by way of setting up charitable foundations for whatever cause they are passionate about. Having freedom and money is the key and that takes building a successful business/businesses.

The way this mind set was laid out led me to purchase TMF as a gift for various friends in the hope they would get on board with the understanding that there is a better way to approach life. They just need to believe that they could accomplish in a few years what it would take them most of a lifetime to accomplish otherwise (and at the cost of giving up their best years). As far as I know, these friends have not yet moved into this new paradigm even though they see the benefit. It is hard for most people to give up the familiar for the unknown. In any event, once I joined the INSIDERS I took advantage of the offer to buy TMF in bulk. I am now giving copies of the book to family members, friends kids, clients of my business and any other people I come across who might be open to a different approach to achieving their financial goals.

Finally, I would like to point out that this philosophy is not just for people in their 20's and 30's. I run across people who spent 25-30 years building successful businesses in, say, the real estate field such as contractors and real estate investors. Many of these people got completely wiped out in the recession and are now in their 50's with not enough time to build these businesses back up. They can also be shown that there is another way to still accomplish their financial goals while leaving them plenty of time to enjoy the rest of their lives on their own terms.

LeanLow

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Feb 23, 2014
As someone who reads a lot of non-fiction books about all topics, it somehow amazes me how people can compare FLM with 4hw and rich dad books... It's like comparing Ferrari with Volvo.

royalflush

warp 9
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
295%
Jun 20, 2014
I read the book and it was an eye opener. I've already started a business and I'm constantly studying to improve my skills

Sent from my C5303 using Tapatalk

BGLefty

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
216%
Apr 29, 2014
I first read TMF a few years ago. At the time I was going through some down times (can you say "depression"?) and it helped me have some hope for the future. A few months ago I picked it up again and I'm in a much better place now to take advantage of all it teaches. I watched all the YouTube videos, joined this forum and the INSIDERS and I'm happy to say things are moving forward for me. I'm getting focused and taking action...not quite to the Fastlane on-ramp yet but I have it my sights!

The other night my wife and I had a couple over for some drinks. He has a business doing Internet marketing, SEO services, social media, etc...and he was bitching about how cheap his clients were. He went as far as to have an interview with Microsoft last week but he is really torn about taking a corporate job (he's never had a "job" before). So I had to do it...I went and got my copy of TMF and lent it to him (I have it on my Kindle as well). Hopefully it will help him see the light.

Thanks for everything you've done for everyone here MJ...seriously...you've built an awesome community here based on you sharing your wisdom, experience & kindness...I truly appreciate it!

For anyone on the fence about buying INSIDERS access, I highly recommend it.

Also, one other thing MJ, thanks for using this awesome forum software. I've been a member of other forums that were busy but were so clumsy they became a pain in the a$$ to use. This forum kicks a$$...

Jay Conroy

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
May 29, 2014
Just finished the book. Thank you so much MJ for writing a potentially life-changing book for me, and I'm only 18! I guess I feel that I'm lucky for finding it now and not 10 years from now. Your book has dramatically changed by outlook on life and made me understand why the fastlane is the way to go.

Thanks again!

Veloce Grey

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Jun 24, 2014
I have to admit my mistake here. Before 2011 I think I'd read one non-textbook business book, which was terrible. After graduating in 2010 I decided to make a change in 2011 and went on Amazon to invest $500 buying about 25 books. Some were good (4HWW), some terrible and some just clearly unsuitable for where I was-I didn't need to know the exact details of Venture Capital or overseeing billion dollar buyouts on Wall Street.

This book came up in the Amazon upsell widget repeatedly as I made the purchases of the likes of 4HWW. I looked at the cover and the name and wrote if off as some get rich (easy) scam. I went with mostly "institutional looking" books by the likes of Harvard professors or CEOs. Most were worthless to me and poor time investments.

Last week I was listening to a podcast and a guy called Ace Chapman mentioned this as his favourite business book. Between 2011 and now I've probably read 100-150 business books so I thought why not give it a shot if he recommends it. At worst I'll scan through the most highlighted notes on Kindle and maybe find a few gems.

Well I've read the whole book, some sections more than once and I have to say I'd rate it five stars. I know Amazon is overloaded with 5 star reviews which cheapens the term, but personally I'm fairly harsh on books and of the ones I've read I'd give that rating to less than 10. I like Cashflow Quadrant by RK but don't have the same interest in Real Estate, so I particularly like the way this shares some of the same theories but in a way that relates to start ups and business building.

newfick

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Jun 12, 2013
This week Ive read the TMF for the second time. Thank you MJ for providing us with such a remarkable perspective on success and life. I just graduated State University and this was the boost I needed to continue on with my life, set new goals and aim for the right direction.

Thank you again!

-Dmitriy

Last edited:

z6Evolved

[Danger Zone]
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
195%
Jun 25, 2014
VAB
Just finished reading the book yesterday and decided to join the forum immediately after. In the industry I used to work in, people recommended books that fall in the same category all the time and most were absolute trash. I picked the book up on a recommendation from someone I used to work with and honestly wasn't expecting much. I was really surprised to get into it and see it not only made sense, but also wasn't full of "feel good about your poor decisions" trash like most of the books that saturate the market. I'll definitely be recommending this one to my friends in the hopes they stop trying to get me to join them on their most recent flavor of the month time wasting expeditions.

Mattyds

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
38%
May 9, 2014
Sydney
I've read the book and am currently searching through this forum for all the great informative gems that yourself and other members have left.

vinylawesome

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
276%
Aug 11, 2012
I have read the book. Reaffirmed many of my views but changed a lot of them for the better as well.

FastlaneTiger

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
52%
Jun 27, 2014
Not the USA
Read the book, will reread again.

Lazarus

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Jun 26, 2014
I read the book -- twice -- and took notes. It really clarified where I've been heading for a long time.

Mark Foster II

Building my HIGHWAY
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
67%
Jun 12, 2014
Finished reading about 2 weeks ago and am rereading now but taking notes this time! Thanks dude for this life changing info!:notworthy::notworthy:*Wayne's World style*

Jakeeck

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
198%
Jun 24, 2014
Phoenix, Arizona
I already have the badge for some reason, but just finished the book now.

I got a little sidetracked with my reading after the book led me to the forums :D

Life changing stuff, really. Can't even put into words how this book makes me feel, empowered isn't enough. Even if I'm feeling a bit down or overwhelmed, reading this book for a few minutes really improves my mood.

Favorite parts were about how unless you're in the fastlane, you have no control, always hoping for something and depending on external circumstances. Also, the Queen, marketing. Great stuff.

I wish that instead of watching the whole The Office series 7 times on Netflix, I would have read this book 7 times.

Thank you MJ.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.