The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Fred Siika

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
285%
Apr 16, 2014
Dallas, Texas
So I actually read this book a couple of years ago and have read it 2 more times within the past year. I was unaware of this thread lol.

Anyways, @MJ DeMarco thanks as always for the value you have provided to me as well as others.
Every time I re-read your book I always learn something new that I missed previous times.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

tbdahl

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
188%
May 2, 2014
Forgot about this thread, so much to read in here! Finished the book last week and enjoyed every second. Clearly defines the major important concepts of making money in the fastlane. This book, in combination with all the information on this forum, is really helping my understanding of the concept of business. Major point so far: Genuinely try understanding peoples pains and problems and you see potential business ideas everywhere!

pickeringmt

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
364%
Apr 24, 2014
I have just finished The Millionaire Fastlane , and as GOD IS MY WITNESS I WILL NOT STOP UNTIL MY LIFE IS FASTLANE

Thanks MJ for giving something to the world that is pure awesomeness - I wish I could have seen this years ago!

St.Patrick

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
153%
May 19, 2014
Phoenix, Arizona
I read the book yesterday and finished it, obviously I'm going to have to look over it often and read it a couple more time. I'm about to be 19 so fortunately I'm still young, I just don't know how to take action or find needs.

G

Gray0920

Read the book, read it a second time.

I felt as if I was reading my thoughts that have been in my head for years, on paper. In reference to the slowlaner and sidewalker mindset. I come from below average people, and have lived around average slowlaners and sidewalkers my entire life. Why people do the things they do, has been a life

long passion for me. I've studied them everyday unconsciously. I know how they think. Reading the book confirmed most of what I thought, of course i learned a great deal as well.

I've been an employee my entire life, never felt I belonged in the employee group. Trying to figure out what business model to start with, so I can start failing and learning.

I don't think about buying a ridiculous house and a 500k car. I care about having an insane amount of income to have choices. Mostly the choice to help people. The BS people go through thats involved with worrying about paying next months rent, is a massive motivational tool to rise above the slowlaners mindset

Thanks MJ.

Synz

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
105%
May 11, 2014
Finished the book this morning. Gave you a shout out on twitter for awesome truths. Its great hearing advice from the people who took it themselves and have the results to boot. Great piece of work and just what I needed at this point in my life

TheChosenOne

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
116%
Mar 13, 2014
Finally finished reading the book. I will be buying a few copies and passing it out to friends/family. Thanks for getting me started on my future success, MJ!

ArthurDayne

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
267%
May 22, 2014
Hong Kong
Read the book about 8 months ago. Really got me in the right frame of mind for thinking about my future. Trying to figure out if my current industry is fastlane enough, as it can make you extremely rich. Eager to hear what people think about it.

ND88

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
125%
Dec 23, 2013
King's Lynn, United Kingdom.
Can't believe I hadn't posted in this thread!

Read the book many times, recommended it to so many friends and family.

I believe TMF is the word for word the best book I've ever read on the subject - It has more value per page than any other book on the topic.

Big thanks from the UK!

Simon

DaRK9

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
213%
May 23, 2014
About to read it again. This book changed my whole perspective on businesses and wealth. Also gave me insight as to why my first ventures failed and now I'm ready to starting a business again.

Blue Lion

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
177%
Dec 30, 2013
Asia
Hi MJ. Just noticed that my "Read the Millionaire Fastlane " badge has disappeared.

Thought I would let you know in-case there's a bug you need to fix.

Thanks and return the badge! ;)

rickirl

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
32%
Apr 6, 2014
I finished reading this book a few weeks back

It is probably the first book i have read in many years but it has given me the desire to read more and educate myself on the topic

It opened my eyes to the realities of the slowlane lifestyle and has changed my outlook on the importance of time in your life

I have since loaned it on to a family member but i will get it back and read it again in the near future no doubt.!

Thanks mj

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Boyd

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
223%
Apr 2, 2011
Florida
Doh! I just realized I never posted that I read the book.

Would be proud to wear the badge when you get a moment, MJ.

Nathan Douglas

BB
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
May 23, 2014
Texas
Read the Book! I was definitely living both the sidewalk and the slowlane. I was living the slowwalk if you will.

"I have a tough road ahead of me, I foresee this. I will fail many times, I understand this. I will not get rich tomorrow, I comprehend this. I have read the Millionaire Fastlane , and I will live by this."
- Pump Up Quote

Be water my friend
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
228%
May 17, 2014
O..'.....
Read the book. Great insight, truths, and wisdom. There were some redundancy here and there but maybe it was used to emphasized a point, it's a little choppy in some areas but that added to the persona of the author. All in all this book is truly different from all the regurgitated stuff out there, definitely and must read and re-read!!

Tad

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
May 25, 2014
Germany
I first heard about TMFL on this Reddit thread and read it within a week. Now I'm about to get it in audio form to listen to it at work. I'm so glad I picked it up. The title first sounded to me like another "quick and easy - everyone gets rich" type guru. But MJ's book completely blew me away. It changed my outlook on life and made me accept myself, my thoughts on 9-5 jobs, my thoughts on money, security, future, happiness and success. There aren't any other books like that. Not here in Germany nor anywhere else. Thank you MJ!

WorldImperator

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
80%
May 29, 2014
I read the book. I am wanterpreneur since many years, but due to some personal mind state problems never got really about doing business myself. I did not get too much new info regarding life, business and how money and our lifestyle and Słowianie and fastlanes are build. I am economically educated, workining in finance departaments in industry areas. The biggest thing for me in this were two thing: big motivational kick and link to this forum. Oh, and it just bolded few things in my mind. Well, think that if in the while book you film find at least one sentence which will highly influence your mind, it was worth reading.

However, the biggest value for me are the execution threads, hence i bought the INSIDERS subscription.

Oh, and the false gurus. In poland two dad Robert is kind of king. Happy and rich. Well, i never read any of his books. When i wanted first, i saw few videos about him... And... All what he is doing... He is just explaining some basic economy realms as revealing the secrets rich people want you to don't know. This made me really off. And, few years later, I thought, maybe i should,read it. But, before i read any book, i always read the authors story, well, the reality. What i found is that he was bankrupt and made his fortunę on books and seminars, not on properties. After this, i know that i cannot trust anything he writes.

I love you MJ for your sincere and honesty. And, even on the surface, your book is differnt as the al false gurus.

Btw , you could write some small book like 15 pages rgarding why people should stay from false gurus, and do listem to them, but find their own by learning. You spotted this perfectly around many sites. And why leaving the job is stupid unless you have something another - in contraty to all gurus saying that at first you should leave your job.

Well, good read i hope it will make me an enterpreneur soon. Here on the forum is so much value for me.

Iwokeup

Aut viam invenium aut faciam
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
May 23, 2014
The East Coast
Read and finished the book last week and am on my second go-round now.

MJ, I cannot really express how mind-blowing the book has been. I had trouble sleeping at night after the first go-round because I was questioning everything that I thought I knew. It's funny, but I was on the DR "Eliminate Debt and live like no one else" and maybe save up enough in 20 years to retire train and it was depressing and enervating. But after TMFL experience and two weeks to let the lessons seep in (plus countless hours spent on this forum), I sleep peacefully and have a sense of purpose: to serve others in need (why I went to Medical School in the first place) and make a pile of cash in the process.

What has gone almost completely away since reading the book: Hours spent on Call of Duty, reading reddit, bouts of depression about the state of medical practice in the US, reading various newspapers and magazines to "numb the mind" while going through life's motions.

Seriously. Thank you for writing this book.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.