The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

pisco

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
45%
Nov 26, 2012
Vienna
I read it into one night, couldm`t stop ;). I have to say that it is a real great book from a really great author. It opened my eyes! This is HOW building a business should be done.

Thanks MJ!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

brewster

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
267%
May 25, 2014
Austin, TX
Read it 2 weeks ago and I must say... it was a real eye opener. Makes me believe that anything is possible if I set my mind to it!

Thanks for having a huge impact on my life MJ.

Steve Daar

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Jun 2, 2014
Chicago, Illinois
Finished 'The Millionaire Fastlane ' about 2 months ago. Completely changed the way I looked at how I invest my time & what I'm trying to accomplish with my career.

I actually just bought the domain http://TheFastlaneFormula.com/ & wrote the first draft of a direct response sales letter two days ago.

The crux of the sales letter is that you need to master Traffic, Conversion, + Economics in order to successfully move your business into the Fastlane.

Having profitably managed millions of dollars in AdWords & Facebook Ads spend, managed conversion optimization projects for Fortune 500 companies + was coached for a quarter of a year in conversion by one of the world's foremost experts, + also deeply understanding the economics side too....

I can help people who have a SaaS business, ecommerce site, or information product maximize all 3 factors in the Fastlane Formula and explode their profitability.

MikeAU

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
186%
Mar 24, 2014
Brisbane
haven't read it yet but listened to the audio book twice now! No music in my car anymore only MJ and podcasts!
Thanks

Laconie

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Jun 2, 2014
PARIS
Usually, I read very few English books (I'm french and I don't perfectly understand the language of Shakespeare). A French translation is planned in the future ?

But I don't regret this effort: this book is amazing! Better than all these online programs that promise to get rich easily, and for a ridiculous price. Thanks.

Last edited:

falcon87pl

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
307%
Apr 6, 2014
Poland
Read it twice but your book can't be just read. It must be studied over and over again. Just the same like "How to win friends and influence people".

mattumotu

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
May 27, 2014
Uk
I've read, and love, the book. I've also got the audio book on my phone for in the car. It's given me back my motivation to restart a project I have up on a couple of years ago (of course I'm kicking myself for giving up, imagine where I could be now if I hadn't).
I have realised that I defiantly need to set myself bigger goals !

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Mugen

Mach 10
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
141%
May 21, 2014
37.235065, -115.811117
I've read the book and I use it continually as my guide in my business ventures, and even other areas of my life (the "responsibility + accountability" section and the section on the 5 commandments - Need, Entry, Control, Scale, Time - were game changers for me).

Waiting anxiously for your next book Mr. DeMarco!

Harley

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
114%
Jun 9, 2014
Read the book last year and it totally changed my perspective around. So much that I ramped down my effort on my current photography business, to concentrate on finding a suitable fast lane business.
I have read countless self-help books and none hit home the same. I realized that, as you stated, doing a job you love isn't the answer, it's doing what's necessary, so you can build the wealth to have the freedom to do what you love. I always quote the work 2, have 5 off line to people.
Now at the point, where I am able to focus more on the fast lane stuff and have dedicated a minimum 25 hours a week to finding and implementing a business and getting it off the ground to the point I can walk away from my current full time job, by next year.
I followed your advise and have put it all down in writing, to ensure I stick to it.
Having spent many hundreds, if not thousands of hours learning and building my photography business, I wish I had discovered your book years ago - Then I wouldn't be in just another job now. Never-mind, todays a new day :)

Ramble On

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
212%
Jun 7, 2014
I read the book a little over a year ago and have been busy taking action ever since. Thanks for the motivation MJ! I come from a long line of entrepreneurs and your book finally got me moving in the right direction to join them.

BigBrucy

BruceTheFounder
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
125%
Nov 27, 2013
Canada
I've read the book, twice. Thanks M.J, from what I understand, you were already wealthy, and even though writing this book added to that wealth, I think me (and a lot of other people here on this forum) agree that the book and this forum, are worth 1000 times more than the price. Thanks to you, and this incredible forum community, I've finally begun to take action. Forever thankful.
- Bruce

Aidan

Next Year, you will wish you had started Today.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Jun 13, 2014
Toronto, Canada
What has gone almost completely away since reading the book: Hours spent on Call of Duty, reading reddit, bouts of depression about the state of medical practice in the US, reading various newspapers and magazines to "numb the mind" while going through life's motions.

I couldn't agree more with this. For example here, I had a 1Tb HDD MAXED OUT with steam games. I would watch netflix all the time, drank a lot, and constantly spent money being a consumer, and living average. I just recieved a text from a co-worker asking if I wanted to hang out with them all tomorrow. I said "no." The old me would have never said no to that. I said "no," because my time is valuable. More time spent on what doesn't matter, will lead to a life that doesn't matter. It's as simple as that, and I have to accept that the vast majority of the populace will never get that. It's a good thing my friend(business partner) and I are like-minded and keep ourselves in check if either of us even mention a bad choice.

Oh how my life has changed these past months, and especially the past two weeks after finishing MFL. I meet with my business partner tomorrow to discuss our next steps. Too excited!

Last edited:

Vampyre

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
22%
Jun 11, 2014
Read it - and not as usual: I have underlined every single important sentence for myself which I normally never do when I read! Awesome book .. will reread it for sure.

Dicky Dee

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
69%
May 25, 2014
Just finished, great book, i usually dont finish books unless i find real value in it. Thank you MJ for this!

Envision

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
783%
May 5, 2014
Read it in less than 3 days and was an INSIDERS within two weeks. awesome perspective changing book. I should probably read it again here soon. whens the new one out MJ? any expected date?

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
any expected date?

My internal deadline was set for early 2015. However I have a "twist" to the book that might make it not until mid/late 2015.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.