The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

jazb

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
233%
Nov 24, 2013
The U.K
Hi MJ. I read your book a few months ago. when i turned 20 and we had to consider job opportunities at uni, I pretty much had the fast lane principles/mindset. it made zero sense to get a 'good job' and land a 'career'. However, upon speaking to people, i thought i was simply being crazy.

When i read your book, i couldn't help but smile after each page. turns out im not crazy after all, everyone else is!

Warriorcut

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Apr 27, 2012
Now that there are tens of thousands of copies out there in the wild, multiple language translations, etc. this is the thread to let me know that you've read The Millionaire Fastlane .

If you read the book, post here and you will get an icon under your screenname and additional forum privileges. (Private forum, more PM storage, etc.)

Feel free to post your comments about the book as well!

Thanks, MJ

I have read the book in full now I am going to go back and devour it again more slowly while using the ideas to develop a real world business at the same time.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

amk

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
114%
Mar 18, 2014
Read it.

Hobo

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
Mar 30, 2014
Lancaster, PA
I recently chose to quit my dead end job and become homeless. I was excited, because it was an adventure and forced me to live on nothing. I figured if I could make it with nothing, I could build myself up without having to worry about money ever again. It was hard, but there was freedom from the soul suck of working to merely survive. Why work 40 hours for someone else when all it bought me was food and shelter, when a sleeping bag and the dumpster behind the grocery store could do it for 0 hours?

Then I read The Millionaire Fastlane and realized that by doing what I did, I was already half way to the millions. I broke from the last remaining chains to hold me back, those chains of worry and doubt and "how will I survive?" MJ's book was an affirmation of the path I had chosen and inspiration to couple my hard won freedom with the freedom that comes from wealth.

I have roughly $2500 in savings that I haven't touched while being homeless. I'm now planning to rent a small office for around $200-250 a month and basically work and live in it while I dedicate myself to creating a passive wealth system. I do have experience with domaining, web development, SEO and marketing, so I'm going to use this knowledge to build my system.

Thank you MJ for your book. It found me at a moment when some encouragement was most needed!

Mike TG

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
850%
Jul 17, 2013
Reading it for the second time now which I would highly recommend doing for those who read it more than a year ago. I am getting entirely new insights out of it based on new experiences. It's on my read again and again list.

Dinho7

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
155%
Apr 7, 2014
South Florida
Looks like a "must read" based on all the comments here. How does this book compare to Rich Dad, Poor Dad? Much of the same, or different perspectives?

skekasaurus

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
83%
Feb 17, 2013
Texas
Read the book last year. Completely changed the way I perceive things.

Looks like a "must read" based on all the comments here. How does this book compare to Rich Dad, Poor Dad? Much of the same, or different perspectives?

I read Rich Dad Poor Dad, don't waste your time. Robert preaches

ari_ari

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
95%
Apr 6, 2014
Read it.
Rereading it. Benefiting from it even though I've been doing a lot of it for years (have not worked for the man in a looong time, my income has not been tied to direct hours since I started out)

Going to buy some copies for family and friends.

imenric

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
25%
Feb 10, 2014
Read the book - it's life-changing! I have both hard & soft copies. Gave the book to my 18-year old and told him to read it asap.

ROBugatti

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
196%
Apr 25, 2013
Cincinnati, OH
Hey MJ! Got the book a few months ago and something sidetracked me. So I started it about 3 days ago and just finished it last night! That's speed reading for me. I'm now recommending to friends and others that I feel will benefit. This book is truly amazing. Especially when reality kicks in when I read the Sidewalk and Slowlane descriptions.

Natural1

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Apr 9, 2014
Chicago
Greetings,
Just finished reading the book, which was eye opening by the way. I am new to the forum, and excited about meeting like minded, and successful people.
I run my own supplement business for many years, and after reading the book, realized I have been doing things all wrong. I have been pursuing passion and not profit, looking to reverse that paradigm. Thanks MJ for the valuable insight into the way to explode my income. I have already recommended the book to 5 of my friends.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Jack Ryan

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Mar 29, 2014
KCMO
Hey MJ I recently finished the book, and it was truly a slap to the face and woke me right up! Still in high school, this book really has made me see life in a completely different angle.

Speedy

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
153%
Jan 10, 2012
Houston
lol i read the book quite awhile ago. listen to audio book about many times as well. audio book comes really handy. Thank MJ!

BJWeston

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Apr 13, 2014
Read the book.

Changed my entire outlook, will be applying the CENTS rules to all my future businesses.

Last edited by a moderator:
K

Kevin Miller

I read the book almost with no break, being glued 2 days (!) to the sofa. (The anti-couch-patatoe-sofa therapy.)
It is the best book I have read in the last 20 years for sure. It also just confirmed that the site I just
started is going to be the correct decision as it fits all the criteria that you listed in your book.

This will be of further great influence for my life and your book just showed up at an important turn point
in my life. Thanks so much for the book. Now, "let's do it"!

mowealth

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
296%
Feb 18, 2014
World Traveler
Finished reading the book a while back. It's definitely the best book I've read so far. I have read a lot of business and professional related books, nothing beats this one. Such an eye opener! You can be filthy rich right now, but if you take note of the things written in this book, it'll honestly make you richer.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.