The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Now that there are over 500,000 copies out there in the wild, multiple language translations, etc. this is the thread to let me know that you've read The Millionaire Fastlane .

If you read the book, post here and you will get an icon under your screenname and additional forum privileges.

Feel free to post your comments about the book as well!

Thanks, MJ

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

aptohosting

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Aug 16, 2007
North Carolina
Read it!! Well worth the wait, congratulations.

jbar

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
364%
Oct 21, 2010
Read it. Love the part about how people are willing to trade 5 days for 2 days of freedom. Also like how you point out that you shouldn't just get into a business based on "do what you love". I was constantly looking for something to do in the golf industry because that's what I love to do. Now I know I should just focus on my main business which already gives me enough freedom to play golf pretty much whenever I want.

Great book MJ!

drmctcher

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
119%
Sep 14, 2009
Phoenix Metro
Finished the book this morning, WOW! Thank You for writing this book MJ, it really opened my eyes!!!! I was able to attend the BP 2010, and was fortunate enough to meet yourself, and some other amazing folks working on their Fastlanes. At the BP you presented the 5 commandments, but until now I really couldn't see through the trees. But know I see how the commandments fit into the entire Fastlane package. The book helped clear out some of the slowlane mental sludge, that I was still having trouble with. I now just need to solidify an idea and EXECUTE IT!
Thanks again MJ! All the best!

PaulRobert

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
146%
May 15, 2009
New Jersey
I came home from college on Friday and my book was awaiting me since Tuesday. I blocked out all distractions for 2 days and finished last night. I will post a review soon but I must say that this book has opened up my eyes even more!

IceCreamKid

With Great Power Comes Great Electricity Bill
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
2,183%
Jun 8, 2010
California
I just finished reading the book a few hours ago. It hit me like a wall of bricks that I need to improve my discipline so that every day I am focused on the process for my business. I've made a daily checklist of things that I need to do in order to be committed to it. Thanks, MJ!

SuccessInMind

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Mar 3, 2010
Santa Clara, California, United States
I got the book yesterday and spent all day reading it. Definitely the kick-in-the-a$$ I needed!

TaxGuy

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
10%
Apr 28, 2008
Goodyear, AZ
Just finished- best part was it made my pre-bedtime activities more productive than before(watching episodes of Friends on DVD) and helped my Toilet U curriculum(which was previously checking Facebook updates and latest bs on ESPN.com)

First off, book was amazing, secondly, I had more "Ah-Ha" moments than a cheesy VH1 one-hit wonder show and thus it goes without saying I need to read it again and again as I embark on my journey to AZ exactly 2 weeks from today to follow the same path that you did MJ, although mine will start in the Slowlane, I know that utilizing these principles I will be up and ready to merge into the Fastlane in 5yrs or less!!!

Some of the tidbits that are on my mind....
-Your first sports car was a 3000GT? I know, off-topic, but I'm sure that the need for status was much like mine and why we were both on the Sidewalk

-The Chuma story... I forgot the name of the other brother, however, the lane I will pursue looks a lot like his now as there are results and it is a pretty good Slowlane model that involves 3-4 months of time for 12 months of earnings, granted the 3-4 months will require 60-70+ hr weeks, I still feel it is a Slowlane model predicated on time and I need to take this time to be the Chuma and make this less dependent on time

-The CENTS principle and The 5 Business Seedlings.... I am very confident that the business I am pursuing is a home-run when it comes to CENTS, however, I see it falling in the Human Resource System for the Fastlane money tree and will have to get it to either a Content or Distribution System model.

Last edited by a moderator:

DesiDancItalia

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Oct 25, 2010
Boston
Almost done, more than half thru the book. and so excited about it. I agree with everyone that it's a definitely eye-opener, easy to understand, and exteremely motivational.

thanks so much MJ

hakrjak

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
7%
Sep 15, 2007
Colorado Springs
I read the book. I was honestly expecting a lot of fluff, and was pleasantly surprised by the amount of real content and usable info I found (Especially once I got about 1/2 way through). Good job MJ, I'm sure this venture will be a massive success for you. I also like the fact that you own the publishing company ;) haha

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Thx folks, I've added your icons.

jaykla

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Nov 2, 2010
Los Angeles, CA
Just about done with the book! Great job! I love the Lambo references and all the car analogies! I'm a huge car guy as well.

Walley

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
2%
Oct 1, 2007
I've read the book. Great job! Now can you take away the pop off that keeps asking me to download the first three chapters? :)

imoutthere

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
13%
Jan 21, 2009
Va
I've read the book.

Wow this book is amazing. its an eye opener and a life changer. It has truly changed the way i view business, numbers, and time.

Im a typical "tekel syndrome" guy. Even though some of those opportunities were successful. I was chasing the money, not filling the need. Instead of starting a business, i was buying another job. A sidewalker thinking hes fastlane.

Somethings in the book blew me away. NESCT, 5-2, building a brand, paradox of practice, II, car lingo, etc.... I was able to absorb the information based on how you explained it. It sunk in alot deeper, i guess thats becuase it was written in conversation style.

Ive been involed in IM/AM for awhile now, primarily as an affiliate. I plan on making the jump into ecommerce full force after reading this book (and biophase's blog).

Im starting to see myself looking for products to sell and not filling a need via ecommerce.

I understand the fastlane principles of ecommerce. Import products, do it better than that guy, be the dropshiper, manogamy/passion for 1 biz, scale x magnatude, etc.

How can i tell the difference between hocking goods online as a sidewalker or hocking goods via the fastlane?

Thanks a million!

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I've read the book. Great job! Now can you take away the pop off that keeps asking me to download the first three chapters? :)

I have it set just to show just ONCE every thirty days ... if it is showing up more than that, it could be because you are logging in, and out. Or switching browsers.

Deege

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
26%
Oct 12, 2008
MJ the king of metaphors and analogies, this book was fun to read and gave some real insight to the entrepreneurial world, time well spent MJ. This one can go on the shelf of all the business and entrepreneurial books that don't feel like work to read. Only a select few get on that shelf, congrats MJ, well written.

kwerner

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
19%
Oct 4, 2007
Finished it the other day. Bad a$$. It even gets better towards the end.
How could a Fastlane member NOT spring the $15-$25 for this book? WTF?

Rem

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
81%
Sep 14, 2009
Maine
Yeah I thought it really picked up at the end too. Lot of good tidbits. At one point I was sitting on my couch checking my pockets and looking under cushions for a pen so I could write stuff down. Of course living in a house with 6 kids and a spouse it's sometimes hard to find pens just sitting there where you last left them. :)

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Finished it the other day. Bad a$$. It even gets better towards the end.

Yes, the back half is about speed, vehicles, and roads -- the more fun stuff -- the front is about roadmaps which really aren't that all exciting -- and mathematical justification that the preordained plan is numerically weak as well as risky.

TOLDUSO

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
38%
Nov 29, 2008
New Orleans
Finished it today. I could have read it straight through, but that's a little hard for me to do over a weekend when the first "F" of the Wealth Trinity (family) required my time; Something I don't mind in the slightest, either... :)

Overall, I was quite impressed. There are so many useful tidbits throughout that I would have to say that, even people who consider themselves to be entrepreneurs might be in for a surprise of how much they actually understand about making that big break we all seek...

For me, personally, the biggest impact of the book came in the description of the various stages of the Fastlane. I guess I had always considered myself on a regular (slowlane) path before I was ever actually on it. I think there are a lot of folks out there pretending to be on that accepted path when, in actuality, they are sidewalking along through life. Why strive so hard to keep up with the Joneses when you can focus instead on getting in the Fastlane? I, like a lot of people, strove so hard to make it into that slowlane (educated, "good" job, investments, etc.) only to find that when you make it here, it's still not a comfortable enough place to settle. Maybe it works for most people out there, but.... Not me.

What I took, overall, from reading MJ's book is that the separation between jumping on the slowlane compared with merging into the Fastlane comes in separating yourself from everything that society has beaten into you from day one about how to make it in life. There are a lot of ways to fake looking like you are a regular Joe on life's Slowlane, but the only way to look like you are on the Fastlane is to actually be on it.

Thanks for reigniting the fire under my posterior, MJ. I was due for it.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.