The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

Remove ads while supporting the Unscripted philosophy...become an INSIDER.

Thomash905

New Contributor
Read Millionaire Fastlane
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Dec 30, 2019
Hallsville, TX
I read The Millionaire Fastlane after I read Unscripted but I wouldn't go back and reverse the order. By reading these two amazing books in the order I have my desire to live Unscripted has fueled my desire to implement the lessons in The Millionaire Fastlane in every life decision.

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

Ermes

New Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Dec 31, 2019
I read it, from italy :smile2:

wandereye

New Contributor
Dec 30, 2019
United States
I just finished the book. Could not put it down. I have a master's degree from (at the time) the best design school in the world and learned from the top designers and innovators in the industry. I almost have a second masters from the same program (they cancelled it a month before I graduated!). It truly is the birthplace of buzz phrases like "design thinking" and "human centered design". The alleged "father" of user experience was in my thesis review presentation... My advisor invented the jpg.

After 20+ years working in every aspect of the industry I find myself confronting a massive existential crossroads that your book clarified on many levels. I currently commute to a job and see the writing on the wall. I am a single dad and have some soul sucking debt but an income that would allow me to get out of it relatively quickly. I've worked for big big e-commerce mega brands and recently burned out working for what I hope to be my last shareholder led publicly traded flip this company (under the guise and con of turnaround) to work for a privately held company going through a massive digital transformation.

Reading this book put a voice and a framework around a massive gut tangle and depression I've been trapped in for months. I'm a fellow seasonal depression sufferer from Chicago at the tail end of a cruise in the Bahamas in the company of billionnaires and it's like the skies parted to show me just how wrong and how long I've blindly accepted the myths most of the world lives by. I find myself both saddened at the life I've pissed away and scared of the shifts I need to make in and outside of myself to get on the track I would like to be on. Almost everything covered in the book was taught at the graduate school or learned through my years of experience running design innovation under the management of CTOs and CEOs. What I wasn't taught were the fundamentals of money, economics and finance that are missing from most or all design education institutions.

Thank you for opening my eyes.

sonny_1080

PARKED
Oct 30, 2019
Now that there are over 250,000 copies out there in the wild, multiple language translations, etc. this is the thread to let me know that you've read The Millionaire Fastlane.

If you read the book, post here and you will get an icon under your screenname and additional forum privileges.

Feel free to post your comments about the book as well!

Thanks, MJ
The Millionaire Fastlane changed my life hands down.

peterb0yd

Contributor
Dec 30, 2019
Read it (listened to it actually). One of the all-time most honest and actionable books on entrepreneurship. Definitely gave me a good kick to the a$$.

K-Town

New Contributor
Aug 21, 2016
I’ve read the book! Thanks MJ for the wisdom!! I’m going to read it again as well.

Frjulian

PARKED
Jan 2, 2020
Now that there are over 250,000 copies out there in the wild, multiple language translations, etc. this is the thread to let me know that you've read The Millionaire Fastlane.

If you read the book, post here and you will get an icon under your screenname and additional forum privileges.

Thanks, MJ

Thanks, MJ
I have finished the book just few hours ago

Mtegha_jr

New Contributor
Jan 2, 2020
Now that there are over 250,000 copies out there in the wild, multiple language translations, etc. this is the thread to let
me know that you've read The Millionaire Fastlane.

Thanks, MJ

Thanks, MJ
Just finished it today. Excellent book.

NextFastLaner_Bo

New Contributor
Jan 2, 2020
I read the book and once again realized how much potential I have not yet realized. Been an eternal student but it's time to take an action now!

tomgac

New Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Jan 3, 2020
Read both books and whilst there is repetition (not a bad thing as it is the mother of all skills!), the messages contained within are an intellectual kick up the arse. Time to assemble the Chess troops and execute!

Highly recommended to anyone who is ready to make a different choice in their life in order to get different results.

ChristianGDBG

New Contributor
Jan 2, 2020
France

Thanks, MJ
Read

Castlegal

PARKED
Jan 3, 2020
Denver, CO
I found this book two days ago while looking for the inspiration to breakthrough and start something new and exciting in my life, and could not stop reading it till I finished. It certainly the best and most honest book on this topic. I am excited to start moving forward and change my life - long overdue!

JRyan

New Contributor
Dec 23, 2019
Read the book and i feel like i am 10 yrs late jeeeez!! Thanks DeMarco! Real eye-opener

Bertolo

New Contributor
Jan 5, 2020

Thanks, MJ
Read the book, thanks for the inspiration !

Esj4y

PARKED
Jan 5, 2020
Have listened to it last year. Just mind blowing. Everywhere you just hear about compound interest etc. But what MJ DeMarco taught me really changed how I think. Currently on to unscripted ;) THANKS MJ!

#KK

Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Jan 5, 2020
India
Read it, loved it!!!
Time for action babe.
And yeah, I am buying you drinks on 1 January, 2025

Quim Baig

New Contributor
Jan 4, 2020
Read the book, and now I hate working for somebody else, which brought me a huge frustration in my 9-5. I guess that is the trigger to start something by myself.

djelekar

New Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Jan 6, 2020
Serbia
Ding ding, read it two times. If there was a Serbian translation, I would give 10 copies to my friends. @MJ DeMarco If you want to reach 7 million more people, I'll be happy to help with translation and local publishers.

LarryLeaper

New Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Dec 17, 2019

Thanks, MJ
Read it.

Morgan77

New Contributor
Jan 1, 2020
Been on my journey for 5 months, read the book a couple weeks ago and loved it, decided to join the forum the other day and it's crazy how good this place is. Thanks, @MJ DeMarco

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Sponsored Offers

MARKETPLACE Lex DeVille's - Advanced Freelance Udemy Courses!
New Course! Upwork Client Psychology I #UdemyApproved! Upwork Client Psychology I is designed...
MARKETPLACE You Are One Call Away From Living Your Dream Life - LightHouse’s Accountability Program ⚡
Welcome to 2020, I wanted to add in a quick note about gratitude for the new year...

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe to become an INSIDER.

The 2020 Fastlane Summit

This event SOLD OUT in October. For authorized resale tickets, please check ticket resales or contact the forum directly.

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom