The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

Remove ads while supporting the Unscripted philosophy...become an INSIDER.

Jimbo Hall

New Contributor
Read Millionaire Fastlane
Dec 16, 2019
I got the audio book and listened to it in two days. It really changed my mindset. I had read Dave Ramsey's total money makeover and was planning to go the slow lane path. You showed me their is a better way. I also listened to Unscripted on audible. Lots of really good information, especially on the CENTS/ business part. I have already recommended your first book to some coworkers. The only criticism I have is all the foul language, especially in the Unscripted book.

cxk95

New Contributor
Dec 23, 2019
Warning: Long post

I just finished reading The Millionaire Fastlane last night after buying it about a month ago. I believe it's the best book on entrepreneurship that I have read, and MJ offered a lot of insights that helped me get my mind in a better place. I'm very happy that MJ wrote the book and I was lucky enough to come across it one day. When I read his book it felt like he was speaking to me on a level more personal than any other author I had read in years.

Just for some background, when I was a young child I was very creative and entrepreneurial--I spent much of my free time researching potential business opportunities, doing lemonade stands, buying and selling toys on eBay , and reading books on entrepreneurship, business, and finance. This instinct, this spirit--whatever you want to call it--slowly got stamped out of me as my parents encouraged me to apply to private schools with the hopes that I would be able to attend a good college and secure a high paying job at a prestigious company. I love them for it and they had the best intentions for me--they were uneducated and felt that in many ways they were held back financially by their lack of credentials--but I have always felt in retrospect that it put my mind in the wrong place. By the time I made it to my new school, that entrepreneurial drive was completely gone and I ended up with tunnel vision, focusing solely on how my learning related to my ability to put together a decent college application. Once I got to college I continued working hard, but after my first few semesters I became frustrated and disillusioned with the idea of professional life--it seemed like all of the money people made in these sorts of jobs always ended up going to loans, outrageous rents, etc. and they never really presented an actual road to freedom or wealth--and as a result just sort of unplugged from everything. I was constantly skipping classes, drinking at the crack of dawn every day, and generally engaging in behavior that was totally destructive to my wellbeing. After spending years of my life trying to fit into a culture, a way of thinking that wasn't in line with who I actually am or what my goals or interests are, I felt completely hopeless. When I was out of college I found myself showing up drunk every day to a dead-end job that I hated where I wasn't sharpening any useful skills or learning anything that I found valuable. I had resigned myself to misery at that point.

Luckily since the summer I was able to turn things around and get my drinking under control, develop a more positive outlook on life, and land a job where I am learning skills that I believe will help me on my Fastlane journey. Nonetheless, I still felt anxious about the future, about money, and about what my next move was. Eventually I came around to The Millionaire Fastlane and it drew me to a handful of realizations that were incredibly positive. I didn't know it until I came across the book, but I had been trapped with a Slowlane mindset that got pushed onto me during my tweens. Then I spent years wrestling with it in misery, trying to figure out why the road I saw before me didn't lead anywhere I wanted to go. After reading sections of The Millionaire Fastlane things just felt clearer and clearer to me, and over the course of completing the book I realized my mindset was slowly changing--I was turning back into that confident, eager, chubby 11 year old kid who would read, research, and learn aggressively to figure out what sort of business he would build. It feels like being home.

This post is already too long, but I think I have gotten my main points across and provided more than a long enough introduction. Even though I'm still in my early 20s, I wish I knew about MJ's book 10, 15 years ago because in some ways I think it could have saved me from years of negative thinking. MJ, your book gave me the courage and confidence to be myself again after trying to be someone else for so many years. It's a truly freeing feeling. I no longer dread the future. As the year comes to an end and I think about 2020, I can't help but smile. It's going to be great. Thank you MJ!

harlam

New Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Sep 28, 2019
I've finished The Millionaire Fast Lane ! Great reading, I just don't want to recommend (too many competitors already :p )

Eugenio

New Contributor
Dec 24, 2019
Hi there, I read the book and it's fantastic probably need to read a hundred times more after finished it I had to come and check the forum and people involved of course.
Currently using all these tools to build my foundation. Starting stage.

OP
OP
MJ DeMarco

MJ DeMarco

Administrator
Staff member
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Jul 23, 2007
Fountain Hills, AZ
ts without a doubt the best book I've read on providing REAL advice, quitting the excuses and taking control of your life's steering wheel.
Love your work MJ, thank you sincerely. It was honest and authentic from start to finish.
Thank you.

The first thing that got my attention right away was the fact that TMF book didn't have any link to a high-end ticket sales funnel although it was a best seller book.
Ah yes, the old "my book is a sales funnel" tactic. I hate that!

I can proudly say, this book has singlehandedly changed my life in the best way possible.
I've read the book, and is one, if not the best, book that i read in my life,
Great to hear it!

Already recommended it to friends and can't wait to re-read in more detail.
Thanks for the recommendations!

. I’ve got a standard copy of the book and an old school white cover with the purple Lamborghini on it.
Ha Ha, a classic collectors item! (Well, maybe not, lol)

I'm thankful that my friend suggested it to me!
Tell him thanks!

posted 5 star review on Amazon yesterday.
Thank you!

and actually recommended it to my Brother who is also looking for a way into the fastlane.
I have read the book and recommended to a few friends.

I have already recommended your first book to some coworkers.
Thanks for the recommendations!

I wish I knew about MJ's book 10, 15 years ago because in some ways I think it could have saved me from years of negative thinking. MJ, your book gave me the courage and confidence to be myself again after trying to be someone else for so many years. It's a truly freeing feeling. I no longer dread the future. As the year comes to an end and I think about 2020, I can't help but smile. It's going to be great. Thank you MJ!
You're welcome, and thank you for the story!

Mike Stoian

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Dec 24, 2019
Read it some years ago. Unfortunately I didn’t get much out of it at the time. I was probably too young and too insecure . Maybe not ready for it at the time. So it’s time to read it again.

Think Expand

Contributor
Oct 30, 2019
Now that there are over 250,000 copies out there in the wild, multiple language translations, etc. this is the thread to let me know that you've read The Millionaire Fastlane.

If you read the book, post here and you will get an icon under your screenname and additional forum privileges.

Feel free to post your comments about the book as well!

Thanks, MJ
I have also read it... I actually review it almost weekly to help me stay on course. Thanks, MJ! Your book has really changed my perspective about life and business.

RajeshMohanan

New Contributor
Dec 24, 2019
I have read the book and onto Unscripted now. Also evaluating few ideas that I have. Thank you for your book

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

Mena Fox

New Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Nov 28, 2019
Germany
This book opened my eyes to another world i was lost in YouTube videos telling the same and i would do the same with no results
But now

I know how what and when I'll be ready to gain true wealth

Thanks to MJ

Attachments

Tony Nc

New Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Dec 23, 2019
Just finish it!

Can't wait to see if I can apply it on my little island lost in the pacific ocean ^^ ( New Caledonia )

grant_ward_aos

PARKED
Dec 26, 2019
Read the book cover to cover in a few hours. Couldn't put it down until done. Already an "offline" entrepreneur having built and sold a people intensive design services business. Started another company and 2 years into it. Could identify with the key concepts of the book. A friend recommended reading it to help me get an insight into the tech business world and how I should be expanding my focus. A brilliant piece of work.

yl91owur

PARKED
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Apr 26, 2018
i have read both. great books now i am here for the actions/progress

Blackman

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Dec 28, 2018
London, UK
Read The Millionaire Fastlane first time back in 2015 and I'm glad that I made notes as I went through it. Amazingly, I've been referring to those notes regularly ever since.

Easily one of the best books I've ever read on self-improvement/building wealth.

MJ DeMarco, it's a life-changing book, that's for sure. Thank you

HomoSapien101

Totally phsyched bout life
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Oct 17, 2019
I've read TFL... Thanks a lot for writing this masterpiece MJ!!

Edit: And I'm gonna read it a few more times

MaxaMinds

PARKED
Dec 26, 2019
Read the book and it was an eye opener. I am glad though that Unscripted came out and am almost finished reading that one.

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

ThB

New Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Dec 28, 2019
I listened to the audio book. It opened my eyes...

ThB

New Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Dec 28, 2019
I listened to the audio book. It opened my eyes...

JRambo

PARKED
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Dec 29, 2019
I've read The Millionaire Fastlane.

'There's a profound difference between interest and commitment. Interest reads a book; commitment applies the book 50 times.' - MJ DeMarco

I think I need to read it again and apply it (50 times more!).

Last edited:

Hoofbert

PARKED
Dec 8, 2019
Austria
I read TMF years ago and was really blown away by the clarity of the concepts described! Finally joined the forum while "working through" Unscripted!

Last edited:

Spring Heeled

PARKED
Dec 29, 2019
I have listened to both books on Audible whilst out running. Sometimes a statement from MJ has almost stopped me literally in my tracks such is the resonance. I am now reading a hard copy of Unscripted to concentrate more closely on the process. I am not declaring any great plan that I am going to tell the boss to shove the job up his arse in the new year, but I have had my eyes opened and it is down to me to get off the rusty nail and stop whimpering.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Sponsored Offers

MARKETPLACE Lex DeVille's - Advanced Freelance Udemy Courses!
Just Enrolled to "Start a Freelance Business: Take back your freedom Now" Thanks! @Lex...
MARKETPLACE You Are One Call Away From Living Your Dream Life - LightHouse’s Accountability Program ⚡
Welcome to 2020, I wanted to add in a quick note about gratitude for the new year...

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe to become an INSIDER.

The 2020 Fastlane Summit

This event SOLD OUT in October. For authorized resale tickets, please check ticket resales or contact the forum directly.

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom