- Joined
- Aug 20, 2012
- Messages
- 658
Rep Bank
$1,205
$1,205
User Power: 74%
I had a youtube channel that reached 50k subs. It reached it's peak because my humor was unique and I had basically filled the niche.'i tried to expand to other types of humor and games to bring in more viewers and my fans turned on me.... Bad. Like, from 30-40k views a video to 2,000.
Now for a long time I though "it will get bigger, it will grow". But then it hits you. You're filling a small niche, you're not hitting that sweet spot that is = humor that entertains the masses.
No matter what I did, my fans wanted the old stuff. Last night I finally threw in the towel.
Picture this- Colgate at one time tried to sell a microwaveable food. No one bought it because Colgate will always be related with toothpaste.
Before anyone says - dude you should've kept going.
I did, and I can't stress enough that it was the end. I'm all for faith, but I'm just as much for reality. I was type casted as one type if humor that filled a small niche and I couldn't get past it.
What do I do? I've done this for 2 years. Is it my time to finally move past youtube and take a shot at the actual entertainment industry, or do I start over with my lessons learned? I'm 23 and have no idea what to do. When I was 20 and started the channel, I could've never pictured myself here. I feel pathetic. And that I'm getting to old to try again.
Now for a long time I though "it will get bigger, it will grow". But then it hits you. You're filling a small niche, you're not hitting that sweet spot that is = humor that entertains the masses.
No matter what I did, my fans wanted the old stuff. Last night I finally threw in the towel.
Picture this- Colgate at one time tried to sell a microwaveable food. No one bought it because Colgate will always be related with toothpaste.
Before anyone says - dude you should've kept going.
I did, and I can't stress enough that it was the end. I'm all for faith, but I'm just as much for reality. I was type casted as one type if humor that filled a small niche and I couldn't get past it.
What do I do? I've done this for 2 years. Is it my time to finally move past youtube and take a shot at the actual entertainment industry, or do I start over with my lessons learned? I'm 23 and have no idea what to do. When I was 20 and started the channel, I could've never pictured myself here. I feel pathetic. And that I'm getting to old to try again.
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?



