The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Struggling to get influencers to work with you? Try this unique “give first” method to flip that on its head.

Marketing, social media, advertising

ycee

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
137%
Sep 22, 2019
The first obstacle you would face with influencer marketing is actually getting creators interested in working with your brand.
I like to use one simple line in my outreach to overcome this resistance. What’s that?

"For no commitment on your end, I want to send you a special package with our product(s) - simply to get your thoughts. Address?"

While other brands reach out to creators asking for posts, you easily stand out by reaching out with an offer to GIVE FIRST.

The result? — It boosts your response rates and also improves the chances of them posting about you.

This strategy is called “Product Seeding” and can get you a better ROI with influencer marketing (as opposed to paying per post).

Here's a downloadable 6-step-system that outlines the process:

saral seeding 6 steps.png

Have you tried influencer marketing or seeding before? Where are you stuck? I’m happy to answer any specific questions!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Jessica Reid

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
155%
Apr 9, 2020
New Jersey
The first obstacle you would face with influencer marketing is actually getting creators interested in working with your brand.
I like to use one simple line in my outreach to overcome this resistance. What’s that?

"For no commitment on your end, I want to send you a special package with our product(s) - simply to get your thoughts. Address?"

While other brands reach out to creators asking for posts, you easily stand out by reaching out with an offer to GIVE FIRST.

The result? — It boosts your response rates and also improves the chances of them posting about you.

This strategy is called “Product Seeding” and can get you a better ROI with influencer marketing (as opposed to paying per post).

Here's a downloadable 6-step-system that outlines the process:

View attachment 45032

Have you tried influencer marketing or seeding before? Where are you stuck? I’m happy to answer any specific questions!
What does #6 look like? How do you get them to become your ambassador?

PureA

Winners never quit
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
348%
Dec 24, 2013
Bali
You better have a darn good product worth shouting about if you're going to do this #productocracy.

I live amongst tonnes of influencers, girlfriend, friends etc and they have very little respect for stuff they get for free. Human nature to undervalue what you acquire at little cost.

e.g. If my gf REALLY wants a product she'll message them and get the $300 item or whatever and do some incredibly low effort social posts (bare minimum).

Productocracy reigns supreme here. It's an uphill battle (very uphill) to get people shouting about mediocre or even 'good' product. That being said, give them a reason to love your product (the work is done up front) and you'll be doing well.

GF will give companies 100x the promo if she genuinely loves the product (even if she paid for it herself) vs some free shit thrown her way.

Bearcorp

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
237%
Jul 2, 2012
Australia
I live amongst tonnes of influencers, girlfriend, friends etc and they have very little respect for stuff they get for free. Human nature to undervalue what you acquire at little cost.

100%. Give them something for free, or with a soft commitment and you'll get nothing out of it. You're better off offering to send them something and pay a small amount to get some decent content, including giving them a brief of what you are after, rather than sending something for free. This method worked 5 years ago but not now.

Bearcorp

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
237%
Jul 2, 2012
Australia
100%. Give them something for free, or with a soft commitment and you'll get nothing out of it. You're better off offering to send them something and pay a small amount to get some decent content, including giving them a brief of what you are after, rather than sending something for free. This method worked 5 years ago but not now.
I should add to this, if you notice a big influencer, celebrity, sports star etc interacting on your social media posts, by all means send them something without any obligation in the hope they post about it or use/wear it, if they're interacting on your socials they likely alright like the product or brand so will organically support it. But it doesn't work for random people.

For example, there was a blog I read a while ago about a brand that made matte black rings. A lakers player commented on a post, they followed the OP method above, the guy (can't remember who) was such a fan he handed them out to players, and Lebron was photographed wearing it. The brand used it to promote themselves and got quite a rise out of it. So the above method can work IF the influencer/celebrity etc is already interested in what you have.

ycee

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
137%
Sep 22, 2019
What does #6 look like? How do you get them to become your ambassador?
Only do that for creators who truly like your product. Use software like refersion or referral pro to make them affiliates.

Then keep sending them more bonus packages and keep them in the loop about the inner happenings of the brand etc. to make it more "INSIDERS"

Work with them to figure out a win-win way to work together long-term.

ycee

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
137%
Sep 22, 2019
You better have a darn good product worth shouting about if you're going to do this #productocracy.

e.g. If my gf REALLY wants a product she'll message them and get the $300 item or whatever and do some incredibly low effort social posts (bare minimum).

Productocracy reigns supreme here. It's an uphill battle (very uphill) to get people shouting about mediocre or even 'good' product. That being said, give them a reason to love your product (the work is done up front) and you'll be doing well.

GF will give companies 100x the promo if she genuinely loves the product (even if she paid for it herself) vs some free shit thrown her way.
I agree with you.

Sometimes we also advise brands to send an affiliate code with the package so they start being compensated if they post. Depends on the brand and the awareness they already have.

The goal early on should be only to work with creators who intrinsically want to shout your brand out, and not pay for posts upfront (as that's a sure fire way to lose money)

TedM

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
136%
May 21, 2013
Israel
I agree with you.

Sometimes we also advise brands to send an affiliate code with the package so they start being compensated if they post. Depends on the brand and the awareness they already have.

The goal early on should be only to work with creators who intrinsically want to shout your brand out, and not pay for posts upfront (as that's a sure fire way to lose money)
Hey... I'm totally new to this kind of marketing.

What level of reach are you discussing here? For my product, I really need to start with nano-influencers - I have a hand made item and want to just start gently...

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.