The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Is this fastlane?

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...
D

DeletedUser394

Easily the most annoying question on the forum.

Is this fastlane?

I've read the book a few times, great read, but I honestly don't even know what some of the letters in CENTS actually stand for. And guess what? I still make money.

I see the fastlane (the forum and principle behind it) as a tool. It is not the be all end all. Quit wasting time trying to measure out your idea against every possible angle of whether or not it constitutes fastlane.

I think it was Vigilante that said 'there's always a reason not to do something'.

Go out into the marketplace and test your idea.

To the young guys and galls

Relax, chill a bit. Your life is not going to end if it takes you a bit of time to figure out your business trajectory.

I wish I had spent more time in school just joking around and hanging out, rather than being so serious, money/need driven.

On the forum we are inundated with all of the buzzwords and phrases. Ditch your sucky friends, focus 100%, quit everything that doesn't contribute to your plan, etc.

Relax. If you want to hang out with your evil 'slowlane' friends on friday night to watch football or play video games, your world is not going to come crashing down.

Nobody here is perfect. Just like on facebook, you might notice how everyone seems to have the perfect life. It's bullshit. What you're seeing are personally curated idealized lifestyles. Realize that there are people looking at your profile at the exact same time in wonderment about how your life is so amazing and how theirs sucks. It's all garbage. Smoke and mirrors.

We ALL have down days, lazy days, time out days. AND IT'S OKAY. Don't worry about it too much.

The 'legendary' posters here are not Gods. They are not perfect all of the time (or any of the time :p )

Understand that it's perfectly normal to get frustrated and to fail. We've all done it and continue to do it. (I'm referring to the entire human race)

Heck, right at this moment there's about a dozen things I could be doing. But I'm probably not going to get them all done today. And that's okay.

We aren't all cut out to be entrepreneurs

I don't consider myself an entrepreneur. I'm a former employee that invests on my own behalf. I invest in other people's 'preneurs'. Why do something myself, when I can get other people to do it for me? (I'm lazy).

What I'm trying to say is that there are countless ways to get to where you want to be in life. If you really can't see yourself as the next big startup founder, that's okay, there are other ways.
Jobs are evil

Lots of young people here seem to take this viewpoint. But guess what? Sponging off mom and dad while you daydream 24/7 about the fastlane makes you a loser. Pay for your own crap.

It annoys me to see all of the people that join and immediately trash the 'slowlane' lifestyle which in their minds is below them.. meanwhile they have 0 forms of income, and play WoW six hours a day in mommy's basement.

Joining a forum is not an action step. You are not in the fastlane just because you say you are. Actions are everything.
But I thought we were supposed to ask questions?

Time to address the epidemic of stupid questions. Whoever said 'There is no such thing as a stupid question.' ... is an idiot.

This is not a place to be spoonfed your entire journey step by step. Asking a question like 'Is this fastlane?' proves you have no idea what you're talking about and that you've done zero research.

Don't get me wrong, it's important to ask questions, but you need to ask them AFTER you have done the investigative work yourself.

It is so apparent when a person just wants to be told what to do. Then they immediately get offended when someone calls them out on their bs.

Stupid questions elicit stupid responses.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited by a moderator:

FionaS

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Sep 12, 2011
Anchorage, AK
Hey Ryan.... I want to create this website but I really don't know what to do.

What should be my first step? Do I need to start an LLC? How do I start an LLC? Is starting a website fastlane? I just want to blog and put adsense on my blog... will I be able to make $5000 quickly doing that?
I don't have any money... but I don't want to get a job. I'm never getting a job again. Can someone give me money or should I just give up? My parents won't lend me anymore money. I need to make $10,000 in a week.. what should I do?
I'm taking lots of action! I've been reading a lot and learning a lot of stuff. I'll start my business soon, I just don't know enough stuff, yet.

You just wait, I'ma be big time!!! (I just need to finish this book, first, then I'll get started, I promise!)

Did I get most of them?

Anyways.... <.<

I agree. I know I'm not perfect by any stretch of the imagination, but there is a reason I don't post a lot of questions here. I'm looking the information I need up. The Googles has so much information, you can google almost anything and find answers. If you can't find answers, that's when you post, and you post what you've already figured out at the same time! No reason to waste the time of the (mostly) busy people here. The people that do... well, they don't seem like they have the mindset needed to succeed.

My observations may be faulty... but that's how I see it.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
+1000

It's a journey. Enjoy it.

Magik

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
255%
Sep 23, 2013
It is so apparent when a person just wants to be told what to do. Then they immediately
get offended when someone calls them out on their bs.

Louis sums it up best. (By the way, a fantastic example of success being a process. Go look into Louis CK's story.)

1209398_634385419917870_561577488_n.jpg

Magik

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
255%
Sep 23, 2013
The root of all of this? People want to avoid failing. Most people strive to avoid failing, and as a result, most people don't accomplish anything substantial their entire lives. They want the success formula because they don't want to fail, but failure is where success comes from. If you're not successful, you just haven't become enough of a failure yet. Fail more, that's the answer, and then step back and figure out what you need to do differently next time. I'm not saying that you should set out to fail, but you should set out not giving a shit if you fail.

One common thread I see amongst the outliers is that they were failures early on, they were F*ck ups. I could seriously rattle off about 50 names in multiple areas, and all of them were viewed as failures at one point in their life. And guess what? That's why they are successful now. Winning happens out in the streets, not on the porch.

SBS.95

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
261%
Oct 14, 2012
Pennsylvania
I'm taking lots of action! I've been reading a lot and learning a lot of stuff. I'll start my business soon, I just don't know enough stuff, yet.

You just wait, I'ma be big time!!! (I just need to finish this book, first, then I'll get started, I promise!)

This is the best way to tell an action faker. They think that their mindset alone makes them superior, failing to see that nobody cares what you think, only what you do. Nobody's lack of success can be attributed to "not finished watching all of these TED talks videos".

Did I get most of them?

"That won't work in my [city/state/country]"
"I don't have the time" (my personal favorite)
"Can't do that because it might not scale"

It seems like it's become commonplace in some entrepreneur circles online to knock almost anything that isn't immediately scale-able. Even if the one knocking these ideas isn't taking action themselves. It's like when you see people with a BS degree in "international women's communications" knock self-employed blue collar workers like carpenters and plumbers. Everyone likes to believe that they are above others, even if they themselves have nothing to show for it.

John the Man

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
May 24, 2014
United Kingdom
The way I see it and I hope the Fast Lane Millionaire agrees with me... you can virtually make thousands of bucks by just making blogs, creating an easy wordpress site, or anything that can be accessed by millions of people - this is the thing, accessible to "millions" of people, and the internet is the easiest avenue to make this happen... so blogs, websites, downloadables, etc. are obviously in the fast lane as it directly or indirectly connected with the "millions" but like any other fast lane undertakings, these are NOT easy but if you have focus and determination, specially the law of affection, you'll definitely get a hit, be patience.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.