The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Is this bad business?

sonny_1080

Creating a tool I want to use.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
165%
Oct 30, 2019
Los Angeles
I have a website where service providers can Verify their listing and receive phone calls for free.

Now, all the website copy points to Verify Now (no credit card, no upfront fee, no contract).

They verify. They get a phone call lead. That lead uses their services and pays them, becoming a customer.

My analytics tell me that provider received a phone call directly from my website from John Doe.

I call John Doe and say "Hi John, I see you called XYZ provider. Were they able to help you?"

John says "Yes. I used their services."

I reply, "Great news! Have a great day" and hang up.

I then email the Provider and say, "Hi Provider, thank you for using our service. John Doe contacted you directly from our website and paid you X dollars on 01/01/2023. If you would like to continue receiving phone calls from our website, please click the link below to pay the commission fee. Otherwise, ignore this message and you will no longer receive phone calls from our website.”

What do you guys think?

If I keep this "value first" methodology, do the Terms of Service have to state: we're going to reach out after you close a deal to collect a fee. Or can it just say, you have to pay the fees as stated in the Verify Listing form, if any. (There isn't).

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

2dads

The snozzberries taste like snozzberries!
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
May 27, 2021
BRISBANE, Australia
Uncle owned a tow truck company here in Australia, some one offered him the same thing.

Nothing to lose, he got a few calls but the jobs were "so so". The lead generation company called and asked if he wanted further leads and explained the price packages etc

The prices ate too much of the profit, so the uncle declined the service.

6 months later he was still getting the leads, requested they stop sending them (his health caused him to close down his company) but they kept sending them through until a letter/email and complaint was put forward.

Personaly it could work, but target the industry very carefully. A tow truck driver can't afford $5-$10 for a job in which is $60.

A company which sells a service worth $20k could afford to pay $100 per lead/sales.

Be upfront and try to find that market which needs more customers with a high profit market.

Best of luck and hope this has helped

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.